Iron Addicts Forums  

Go Back   Iron Addicts Forums > Miscellaneous > Controversial Discussion: Religion, Politics and ?

Old 09-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #31
dbcb314
Strength Verified

dbcb314 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to dbcb314
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher777777 View Post
Sure, they're there for strategic reasons. But how many countries have military bases in the U.S.? What gives us the right to build bases in their countries against their will? Sure we can do whatever we want because we're the most powerful country in the world... But that's part of the reason we're in these wars to begin with. We won't mind our own business. We're just dumping billions of dollars every day in the military to fund all of our wars overseas.
I wasn't saying it was right, just that it will never change. America needs to mind its own business. Going into Iraq was completely pointless... they had nothing to do with 9/11 and didn't have any super secret destroyer weapons. I still don't know why we gave a shit about Lybia. I didn't mind going into Afganistan because those fucks deserved to be blown to bits.

The only thing giving us the rights is that they lost wars lol. It isn't a "right" at all... we just did it. We could very well have those bases in Germany, Japan, Turkey (I think we have one there) while still minding our business. Those bases would come in handy if shit ever hit the fan in that part of the world. Just because we have bases doesn't mean we need to go overthrow governments for pretty much no reason like we have been doing.
Quote:

Today the Tea Party put out numbers comparing the U.S. debt and spending to an American household's. It would be the equivalent of you making $21,737 and spending $38,188. You have credit card debt of $16,451. Oh but it's ok, you're going to cut spending by $385. And you have a total credit card debt of $142,000.

Does anyone think this is acceptable? The only way to get out of this debt is to make cuts across the board. EVERYTHING has to get cut. We can not live above our means forever, no matter what the implications of the cuts.
No it is not acceptable. I wish we could see exactly where every US federal dollar went. We would be amazed at what we waste money on. Fuck, I mean state governments can't even get things under control. Too many corrupt idiots are running the countries

Best Gym Lifts: 555 (wraps)/370/570 (straps)@230+

Meet PRs: 420(sleeves)/315/525= 1260 @181
dbcb314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #32
crusher777777
Senior Member Strength Verified

crusher777777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesTurkeyNeck View Post
Mind your own business while the Islamonazis plot your destruction. America is there for self-interest. Bottom line is that if America didn't think it was worth it to keep troops overseas, it wouldn't keep them there.

With regards to your thoughts on corporations and free trade, what would be wrong with lowering tax rates, booting the illegals and imposing tariffs on imported goods? Booting illegals has a couple effects:
a) Gives Americans jobs going to the illegals(don't give me "they won't do the jobs" line; cut the Gov handouts and they'll be lining up to clean toilets and work in restaurants.
b) Boosts the economy by ridding the country of the hundreds of thousands of people coming here looking for freebies. Hospitals won't be closing around the country and we'd be rid of a third of federal prisoners.
Do you really think some third world countries are going to destroy the United States of America? Do you think they would even hate us if we had never even touched their soil? If another country had invaded us you better believe we would be blowing them up too. I think they hate us because we keep trying to interfere with them, not because we're a free Western country.

I agree with lowering tax rates and booting illegals, but not raising tariffs. There are too many secondary effects that go along with raising tariffs. Plenty of economic studies have been done on tariffs, and most economists have come to the conclusion that they do more harm than good.
crusher777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #33
crusher777777
Senior Member Strength Verified

crusher777777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
I wasn't saying it was right, just that it will never change. America needs to mind its own business. Going into Iraq was completely pointless... they had nothing to do with 9/11 and didn't have any super secret destroyer weapons. I still don't know why we gave a shit about Lybia. I didn't mind going into Afganistan because those fucks deserved to be blown to bits.

The only thing giving us the rights is that they lost wars lol. It isn't a "right" at all... we just did it. We could very well have those bases in Germany, Japan, Turkey (I think we have one there) while still minding our business. Those bases would come in handy if shit ever hit the fan in that part of the world. Just because we have bases doesn't mean we need to go overthrow governments for pretty much no reason like we have been doing.

No it is not acceptable. I wish we could see exactly where every US federal dollar went. We would be amazed at what we waste money on. Fuck, I mean state governments can't even get things under control. Too many corrupt idiots are running the countries
I agree with you for the most part. I personally think we should remove all foreign bases, end all alliances and withdraw from all international organizations (the UN, NATO, etc.). If we're not involved in the affairs of any other countries then we're not really giving them a reason to want to attack us. We don't really need those bases, we have the most powerful military and the most powerful weapons in the world.
crusher777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #34
OKUMatt

OKUMatt is on a distinguished road
While we need to limit all the welfare given, I don't think tariffs are necessarily a horrible way to go. The only other way to bring in more industry is corporate tax cuts. We are too far into debt to be making a lot of tax cuts. I don't see why we shouldn't find a new way to bring in money for the government to get out of debt instead of cutting our profit that can be made from industry.

My Log
OKUMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #35
JonesTurkeyNeck

JonesTurkeyNeck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher777777 View Post
Do you really think some third world countries are going to destroy the United States of America? Do you think they would even hate us if we had never even touched their soil? If another country had invaded us you better believe we would be blowing them up too. I think they hate us because we keep trying to interfere with them, not because we're a free Western country.

I agree with lowering tax rates and booting illegals, but not raising tariffs. There are too many secondary effects that go along with raising tariffs. Plenty of economic studies have been done on tariffs, and most economists have come to the conclusion that they do more harm than good.
I'll go point by point. It's not about whether or not I think they can destroy us. They hate America and western values altogether and though they may not be advanced enough to drop nukes on us, that doesn't mean they can't carry out smaller attacks.

This is not gonna be popular, but I think the Islam over on that side of the world(and on this side more than we would like to think) wants a world dominated by Islam. It's a political religion with a goal of instituting Sharia law throughout the globe. This is not "Islamophobia," this is words of their leaders. Listen to their leaders, watch their speeches; they speak of hating our values, our way of life, our judicial system, etc, etc. It's the same bullshit about people saying they hate Israel because "Israel is a terrorist state" or that the land is really there's. Muslims were slaughtering Jews pre-1948. They played an integral role in WWII and further inflamed Hitler's hatred of Jews. They hate Christians and Jews alike. They slaughtered 1,000,000+ Christians in Turkey. Why do you think we keep "interfering" with them? It's not for shits and giggles. However, not all of their attempts are military or violence related. They do so stealthily, like they did in Britain, where there are now no-go zones where non-Muslims are terrified to enter. They have their own archaic courts in those areas, and the British are too afraid to do anything about it.

We'll agree to disagree when it comes to tariffs on economy.
Low Box Squat 365x1
Deadlift 460x1

Use Discount Code YKF124 over at TRUENUTRITION.com to save 5-10 percent on all purchases.

My blog
JonesTurkeyNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #36
TN94z

TN94z is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
With that being said, the government gave another 1 billion today to more solar companies. Solyndra anyone....
TN94z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #37
JonesTurkeyNeck

JonesTurkeyNeck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
With that being said, the government gave another 1 billion today to more solar companies. Solyndra anyone....
More money to what i'm sure is an Obama crony. I didn't hear about this yet, you have a link?

With regards to Solyndra, it's obvious that this goes way up to the top, why else plead the fifth?
Low Box Squat 365x1
Deadlift 460x1

Use Discount Code YKF124 over at TRUENUTRITION.com to save 5-10 percent on all purchases.

My blog
JonesTurkeyNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #38
TN94z

TN94z is on a distinguished road
No link. I heard it on Rush today at work. If I run across one I'll post it
TN94z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #39
Skipper

Skipper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesTurkeyNeck View Post
More money to what i'm sure is an Obama crony. I didn't hear about this yet, you have a link?

With regards to Solyndra, it's obvious that this goes way up to the top, why else plead the fifth?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...a-showers.html

That tells a bit of the story.

Tags
america, waking