Iron Addicts Forums  

Go Back   Iron Addicts Forums > Iron Addict's > About the Founder of Iron Addicts: Wesley Silveira

Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Sand Blaster
Lucharilladmin

Sand Blaster is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Wesley's Tribute Thread

If you would like to share your thoughts on Wesley and his passing, feel free to share in this thread. Be respectful.
================================================== ===================================

I’ve known Wesley for 12 years. There is little that we did not talk about. There is much I learned from him. There are so many things that could be said about how he impacted my life. But I will simply say this: I would not be the person that I am today without Wesley. He helped me mature, and figure out what was important in life. I will miss him every day and grieve when I cannot simply call him, hear his voice, try to get a word in edge-wise.....

My mom and Wesley died on the same day. The loss is something I still cannot comprehend. There are no words to express how much they will be missed. 9/11 will forever take on a new meaning for me. Godspeed mom and Wesley.

Last edited by Sand Blaster; 09-14-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Sand Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
robbhensel
Super Stud Moderator

robbhensel is on a distinguished road
I can only say that he helped me through a very hard time in my life when everything I knew was turned upside down. He helped me use positive thinking to turn it right side up again and keep a positive outlook.

It's been said before but worth repeating:It's now how someone died but how they lived their life. This speaks volumes for Wes, he helped more than anyone will know, he will be missed, the fact that I was not close to him and the impact it has had on me personally goes to show how great a person he was.

Celebrate his life and carry on as that's what he would expect.

Last edited by robbhensel; 09-14-2010 at 09:45 AM.
robbhensel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Doc D
IA Verified

Doc D is on a distinguished road
Wesley impressed and influenced me in so many ways over the last few years. Words cannot describe how much has been lost through his passing.

Requiescat in pace.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
missleRob

missleRob is on a distinguished road
Thank you Wesley for sharing your knowledge with us, with me. Because of your gift, I myself and many of my friends who lift with me enjoy this type of training. Your site was a gateway for me to learn about strength training the right way.

Wesley, may you rest in peace. May you abide in a state of union with the ultimate truths that you sought while on this earth with us. Much respect to you Sir. You have impacted my life in substantial ways, though we never met face to face.

Robert

Current maxes: BP: 225, SQ: 280, DL: 355 (Feb 16, 2011)
also: weighted dips: 60 x 6 and 70 x 2

Video of 225 BP PR: 225 x 1, Video of DL: 355 x 1

Thank you, Wesley, for your knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmgtoo View Post
this is weight lifting we're not trying to put a man on the moon.
missleRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
Butosai

Butosai is on a distinguished road
I'll re-post what I said in Future's thread:

I don't know if this is selfish but the first thing I felt was regret. Regret that I never called him because a few months ago I was talking to him about some of my problems via email and he gave me his number, but I never called him to talk about it in more detail about it. Even though I didn't really know him like some of the vets on this board, Wesley/IA was a person that truly cared about everyone regardless of how busy he was. This is still shocking news.

Also I'll add, that regardless of how much someone may or may not known, it was obvious that he was dedicated to this site and anyone should be happy to be able to tap into his knowledge through this forum. A big thanks to Wesley.
Butosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
Mlalahoi

Mlalahoi is on a distinguished road
What can be said.... this is a tragedy. I'm truly saddened by the passing of this man that I never knew, yet still thought of as a trusted friend. I can only take some comfort knowing that the positive effect that Wesley, and what he created with this community, had on so many will not be forgotten, nor will it end with this event. 师傅,愿灵安眠。。。。

The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care. ~MacLeod.

Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a stronger man
~ Marcus Aurelius
Mlalahoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
Armedcor

Armedcor is on a distinguished road
All I can say is we've lost a truly beautiful person and I'm for ever grateful for all the help and advice he's given everyone. His presence on this board will be greatly missed.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and members of this board who were close to him.

5% off your first myprotein order.

MP122194

armedcor.tumblr.com
Armedcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
crusher777777
Senior Member Strength Verified

crusher777777 is on a distinguished road
Wow, I couldn't belive it when I heard the news. Wesley was a great man, and he helped out a lot of people on this board, and most of what he did was for free. If it wasn't for this board I would probably still be spinning my wheels in the gym. It seems like every time I asked a question he was the first to answer it. He put up with the same questions over and over from new guys, something that a lot of forums won't do anymore. I don't think it's a stretch at all to say that everyone on this site (plus many more that aren't) was impacted by Wes in some way.
crusher777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
jesus rocks
Banned

Location: Adel has webbed turtle toes...pretty gross if you ask me.
jesus rocks is on a distinguished road
I got to know wesley in 2006, and we did not get off on the right foot. He was hard headed and I was stubborn. Thankfully we got past that. I've trained with Wes twice and just talked with him about life, religion, lifting etc. more times than I can count.

Getting to know Wes seasoned my life.

Finding this board was a breath of fresh air...and it would not have been possible if it were not for his genius.

For those of you that didn't get to know him, you missed out.

Life is short guys....life is short.
jesus rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
Shane_

Shane_ is on a distinguished road
Wes ever since joining the boards about 4 years ago you have shaped my life more than any single person. Not only helping me develop on a physical side but on a mental and spiritual level. For this I thank you and hope you are now at peace. They say a Man is measured by the impact he has made on others so that makes you one of the greatest. You inspired and have helped thousands of others and through them you will live on forever.

Tags
thread, tribute, wesley