Iron Addicts Forums  

Go Back   Iron Addicts Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussions: What is on your mind?

Old 04-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
Jericho

Jericho is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jericho
Think about the whole point of this post...you're in your second semester of college, taking basic core classes (albeit faster than the typical freshman), studying 4-6+ hours a day, routinely pulling all-nighters, and are now asking about what stims can help you remain focused. I'd hate to see the kind of shit you're taking your senior year or (worse yet) grad school.

"Remember there isnt a magical rep range per se....its what you feel comfortable in doing by and large.....its gaining 50-200lbs in that same rep range progressively over months and months of time thats going to do the magic" - Dante

250/335/415 = 1000
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
Texas Savage

Texas Savage is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Think about the whole point of this post...you're in your second semester of college, taking basic core classes (albeit faster than the typical freshman), studying 4-6+ hours a day, routinely pulling all-nighters, and are now asking about what stims can help you remain focused. I'd hate to see the kind of shit you're taking your senior year or (worse yet) grad school.
Studying 4-6 hours a day is average for most people i know in Business, engineering and any pre-med track. Sure, i could be a comm, psych, or animal sciences major and take easy classes(no offense to anyone in these). But most people i know spend 4-6 hours a day studying. And that is totally manageable. The hard days are back to back tests and midterms. Not to mention scholarship applications, job applications.

Its a good point. Thankfully, these first three semesters are my most concentrated in difficulty semesters. At least, thats what people keep saying. Tough it out the first 2 years, then coast.

Total Reformation.

Texas Savage is THE model teen trainee. If they were only all like him. He called today to tell me about it, made my day.
-Iron Addict
You are a pleasure to work with.
-Iron Addict

Last edited by Texas Savage; 04-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Texas Savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Matt350

Matt350 is on a distinguished road
To actually answer your question yes I take Vyvanse once a day every day. I will post up more later but I have to head out right now.

I have actually been diagnosed with moderately-severe ADD. Yeah a lot of people look down on these meds but those are their judgements and let them have them. Just worry about what you think.

Texas would you say you have a tough time reading and staying focused in class?

My Log
http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36506
Matt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
dbcb314
Strength Verified

dbcb314 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to dbcb314
How long have these meds been out on the market? And how long have they been taken like candy by people who don't need them/?

Serious question

and on a "body comp" side note... the people I know who take these drugs rebound HARD when they stop.

Best Gym Lifts: 555 (wraps)/370/570 (straps)@230+

Meet PRs: 420(sleeves)/315/525= 1260 @181
dbcb314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg is on a distinguished road
Dustin are you talking about rebounding as far as weight gain from their metabolism being off or no energy/focus without them? I could see both happening...

It's a good thing I didn't have to study 4-6hrs a day my freshman year, because that would have been mine last lol. There was only 1 semester I had that I really had to do a ton of studying/memorizing, and I might have spent 2-3hrs/day on it? However, I didn't have or need a 3.5, and I sure as heck could have spent a lot more time studying on everything...and looking back I'm sure glad I didn't spend one minute longer lol...but you need the GPA and know what you are shooting for. Props to you for hitting it so hard.

I never took any of the study meds, I know they were around but never heard much about it and never looked. I do remember one evening cramming for finals that one semester and was loaded up on fat burners, I had a gift certificate to GNC so I went in there and picked up a couple of those ABB drinks for easy protein while studying. Didn't realize they were full of stims also and drank two of them, I thought I was going to explode, it was not fun lol.
Nate Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #16
Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg is on a distinguished road
Also, why are you cramming them so hard? It is your freshman year and you are taking 4 of these classes per semester and you said most sophomores take 2 per semester, so by the time you are done with your freshman year you will be Senior level?
Nate Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #17
crusher777777
Senior Member Strength Verified

crusher777777 is on a distinguished road
Well that sucks that you have so much work. Is it like that every semester or is this just a tough semester? Like I said, I don't see a problem with it as long as you take responsibility for the risks. That is my life philosophy though. I know lots of people who use them. They don't work for everyone, but they obviously worked for you. Dustin raises some good points though; make sure you do your research.
crusher777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #18
Mudge

Mudge is an unknown quantity at this point
I like ginkgo biloba, never done any study 'uppers' or whatever.
Mudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #19
Texas Savage

Texas Savage is on a distinguished road
Well my first semester, i made the mistake by signing up for four of them. My advisor said that i would be fine.
Then i figured i was almost upper-level and that i would just finish it out.

Its not so much an issue of paying attention or reading in class. Its for the ultra-long study sessions, when after 6 hours of studying i just cant study well, but have more to learn.

Total Reformation.

Texas Savage is THE model teen trainee. If they were only all like him. He called today to tell me about it, made my day.
-Iron Addict
You are a pleasure to work with.
-Iron Addict
Texas Savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #20
aaron

aaron is on a distinguished road
To be honest after 6 hours of solid studying your probably not learning as much as you think you are. Time working is not a good indicator of productivity at all.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meds, steroids, study