Iron Addicts Forums  

Go Back   Iron Addicts Forums > Diet/Nutrition > Nutrition, Diet, Supplements, and Recipes

Old 04-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #1181
hmorgan

hmorgan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
From what I read, you're a big guy and looking to cut down some bf%. If thats the case, I'd ditch the fruit. Everything prior to your feast is primarily carbs (save the few grams in the yogurt). I'd make it simple: 3 meals, each being 20-30g protein and some veggies. Maybe swap out 1 meal of veggies for fruit. This diet really rocks but if you've already had 60-80g of carbs PRIOR to your feast you're not really reaping the potential benefits.

I did this diet for a year and have decided to give it another go...this time I'm going slightly different:

Training day:
Morning-4pm: A lot of green tea and maybe a 1/2 spoonful or 2 of natty PB
5pm: 1 scoop protein blend (22/14/6)
PWO: 2 scoops protein blend + 25g dex
Feast: salad, 1lb meat, pineapple, bread, then a few cookies and a milk

Off day:
Same as training minus the PWO shake, lighter carbs (no bread), a ton of veggies with dinner, and fewer cookies

I may add some protein earlier in the day but for now this is what I'm doing.
Today has been done to the exact with the book. I am just going to do the 3 different week phases to start. After that I will have an idea of what I can switch up as far as fruits vs veggies exc vs protein. Definitely like the EAAs/BCAA. I feel good on the diet though. I remember when I did the initial 14 day keto on anabolic diet and i felt like crap.
hmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #1182
Sir_Tiago

Sir_Tiago is on a distinguished road
The feast must be done in one time or it could be done gradually?
Sir_Tiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #1183
friscovictor
Physique Verified

friscovictor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Tiago View Post
The feast must be done in one time or it could be done gradually?
Its 4hrs window. So you can eat gradually if you want.
friscovictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #1184
Sir_Tiago

Sir_Tiago is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscovictor View Post
Its 4hrs window. So you can eat gradually if you want.
Ok, thanks
Sir_Tiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #1185
Leesj

Leesj is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to share my experience with WD and for people looking to gain strength at the same time.

Started WD three weeks ago. I haven't been very anal about what I eat everyday, and I've also had cheat days two days a week. I have never done any kind of dieting before, so it was something very new to me. Within those three weeks, one of the weeks was a rest week and these were my strength gaines & losses:

Height: 5'8
Starting weight: 165 lbs -> Current: 160 lbs

Deadlift: 230 -> 240
Bench: 180 -> 187.5
Squat: 195 -> 200 (easy)

Diet generally consists of:

40g casein in the morning & coffee
Greek yogurt with berries or salad with cottage cheese and pine nuts
25g whey
+ feast.

I lost 5 lbs within three weeks, with not correctly clocking my calories. I feel good during the day, I don't ever bloat (unless it's a cheat day where I eat dirt). I feel like I'm losing fat, as I can slowly see my abs showing up.

WD = awesome!!
Leesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #1186
MotorCityMegatron

MotorCityMegatron is on a distinguished road
Warrior Diet Newbie

I am 46 yrs. old and have been overweight most of my life. I have a muscular frame and for a long time I've carried probably 50-60 lbs of extra weight (fat). I have tried many diets and have had little success. Mostly because I wasn't ready to take my health seriously, but some of these diets were ridiculous and difficult to follow. On January 2 of this year I weighed 315 lbs (6' 2") and I decided to make a commitment to my overall health. I joined a gym and started eating healthier meals. Since I was born with a muscular frame and felt intrigued by weight lifting I made heavy lifting part of my morning routine. I also did some reading that if you use weight training in cooperation with Cardio/vascular training you can exponentially increase fat loss. Adding muscle has enormous benefits for health and physique and I truly enjoy it (much more than Cardio. heh).

My weight training routine consists of a 45-50 minute session x 5 days (resting completely on weekends). Chest and Triceps on Monday and Thursday, Back and Biceps on Tuesday and Friday. Wednesday is for Legs and shoulders. I use heavy weight and low reps (usually 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps). My Cardio workout initially consisted of 40-50 minutes on a recumbent bike at approx. 66% BMI. I was also eating 5 small (300 c. each) per day. I didn't worry about what I ate...just that I ate between 1500-1800 calories per day. I did make sure I was eating 180+g Protein and kept my diet as 45% p., 40% c. & 15% f. (mostly dairy).

At the end of April I weighed 290 (25lbs. loss). I experienced huge muscle gain, as well as significant fat loss (dropped pant size from 42 to 38) over the first 4 months of the year.

I am amazed on how much better I feel. However, I am looking to mix things up a bit and accelerate the fat loss process if possible. I Googled fat loss diets and the Warrior diet came up. I was intrigued and started the diet this past Monday. I haven't finished the book yet, but have done a lot of reading (newsgroups and reviews mostly). Before I started I used to get my cardio workout in before lifting weights...but after doing some reading it appears to be more beneficial doing the heavy lifting first. That was my first change. I also shortened by cardio workout to no more than 30 minutes.

I am looking for some advice re: my current diet and workout routine as it relates to the WD:

Exercise:
Monday & Thursday 4:30 AM
Lifting 40-50 minutes (90 sec. between reps, 2 minutes between sets)
Chest (flat, incline and decline bench press, dumbell press and flys)
Triceps (vertical & flat tricep pulldowns, dumbells)
Cardio - 20-30 minutes 80-85% BMI (Life Fitness Elliptical level 4)

Wednesday 4:30 AM
Lifting 45 minutes
Legs (Leg press, squats, quad, hamstring & calf machine)
Shoulders (military press, dumbell press, shoulder shrug)

Tuesday & Friday 4:30 AM
Lifting 40-50 minutes
Back (Lat pulldowns, seated row, dumbell one arm row back, dead lift)
Biceps (straight bar curls, dumbell alternate arm curl, concentration curl)

Saturday & Sunday Rest

Diet:

Post workout 6:00 AM (Muscle Tech Nitro Isolate Whey Protein..310 c. 65g p.)
10:00 AM - Small tangerine or Apple. 1 serving Beef Jerky
2:00 PM - Celery, cucumber or carrot sticks. 1 serving Beef Jerky
6:00 PM - Medium bowl salad (lettuce, cucumber, onion, celery, 1oz sharp cheddar cheese), 10-12 oz. grilled chicken breast w/ green beans, 1-2 servings lite cottage cheese or 2 small red skin potatoes. Desert is two servings of sugar free pudding w/sugar free cool whip. I am not obsessing about calorie count anymore, but I am guessing I intake roughly 1,500-2,000 daily. I am usually in bed before 9:00 PM and eat nothing after my main meal.

So far I have lost 4 lbs. this week and feel GREAT. I have more energy and rarely feel hungry (except dinner time). I would appreciate anyone who has knowledge of the WD offering advice on if I am following the diet correctly or if any changes are needed. Thanks in advance.
MotorCityMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #1187
dboibatman

dboibatman is on a distinguished road
Lacking Energy

I have restarted the warrior diet as I joined the gym at my job. I have been working out with only a 25lb kettlebell and have had great energy until yesterday and today.

I'm not sure if im not eating enough during the day or my feast but I feel like im literally dragging ass. Maybe I need an off day or I'm not eating enough carbs, I have no idea. I havent been drinking much water, maybe thats it, I dunno.

UNdereating:
25g whey w fat free milk
workout
25g whey smoothie w/ fat free milk & plain yogurt apple, carrot (varies)
small salad

Overeating:
big salad
1/2 lb grilled chicken
1/2 lb steak
tomato salad (tbsp sour cream)

Does anyone see anything wrong here? Please help me out cuz all i know is I had ZERO energy today.
dboibatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1188
musclemilk

musclemilk is on a distinguished road
I would re read Wes 's posts.

Also 'xx " was a member here who kept a detailed journal and followed the warrior diet...that journal should help
musclemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #1189
dboibatman

dboibatman is on a distinguished road
thanks man. I read this whole thread once upon a time, cant remember what it said lol
dboibatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #1190
disciple X
Senior Member Strength Verified

disciple X is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboibatman View Post
I have restarted the warrior diet as I joined the gym at my job. I have been working out with only a 25lb kettlebell and have had great energy until yesterday and today.

I'm not sure if im not eating enough during the day or my feast but I feel like im literally dragging ass. Maybe I need an off day or I'm not eating enough carbs, I have no idea. I havent been drinking much water, maybe thats it, I dunno.

UNdereating:
25g whey w fat free milk
workout
25g whey smoothie w/ fat free milk & plain yogurt apple, carrot (varies)
small salad

Overeating:
big salad
1/2 lb grilled chicken
1/2 lb steak
tomato salad (tbsp sour cream)

Does anyone see anything wrong here? Please help me out cuz all i know is I had ZERO energy today.
Try having more carbs during your feast. I had great success with the wd and was taking in 150g carbs or better during my feasts. I know everybody responds different, but my experience was that if i ate like a little girl at night, then i felt lethargic the next day...

Tags
diet, discussion, thread, warrior