Iron Addicts Forums  

Go Back   Iron Addicts Forums > Miscellaneous > Controversial Discussion: Religion, Politics and ?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #91
Angra Mainyu

Angra Mainyu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angra Mainyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
I wonder how much of it has to do with the "girls mature faster than boys" issue. These days 40 is the new 30 and so on and so on. Could it be that girls simply take college more seriously however we must ask why is it that men still dominate the business landscape... Smarter? Nah. I have the belief that it goes back to the most basic of ideas...there comes a certain point where women either become power players, or they start families. With the world growing at an alarming rate, is it really a surprise that the # of men who go further up the corporate ladder exceed that of women?
Id say they mature faster (from a biological standpoint) because they also expire faster (no longer able to have children) so a man can put aside starting a family until hes 40-50 or whenever, the woman not so much
…we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise. - Mark Rippetoe
Angra Mainyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #92
Jericho

Jericho is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra Mainyu View Post
Id say they mature faster (from a biological standpoint) because they also expire faster (no longer able to have children) so a man can put aside starting a family until hes 40-50 or whenever, the woman not so much
Exactly...that explains why women seem to excel more at the early stages of life (school) and men seem to excel more at the later stages of life (corporate ladder). Obviously this is a generalization and there are exceptions, but you get the point.

"Remember there isnt a magical rep range per se....its what you feel comfortable in doing by and large.....its gaining 50-200lbs in that same rep range progressively over months and months of time thats going to do the magic" - Dante

250/335/415 = 1000
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #93
Kabuki
Moderator & Shins Verified

Kabuki is on a distinguished road
anyone interested in this topic should check out this book. I think we are indeed heading this way and are much farther than you think. I also don't think this is good for EITHER Men or Women.

http://blog.kabukiwarrior.com/2012/0...is-duffin.aspx
Old 03-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #94
Jericho

Jericho is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki View Post
anyone interested in this topic should check out this book. I think we are indeed heading this way and are much farther than you think. I also don't think this is good for EITHER Men or Women.

http://blog.kabukiwarrior.com/2012/0...is-duffin.aspx
It's funny you post this...

I was contemplating adding the sentence to one of my posts "There are very few Kabuki's out there (strong, successful, and enlightened)"

"Remember there isnt a magical rep range per se....its what you feel comfortable in doing by and large.....its gaining 50-200lbs in that same rep range progressively over months and months of time thats going to do the magic" - Dante

250/335/415 = 1000
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #95
Angra Mainyu

Angra Mainyu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angra Mainyu
I've been reading this article and while it seems slightly biased there is still good information in here

http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/...ry-bubble.html

once it gets to the economic portion of the article things get very interesting (I haven't read it all and just got to this portion)

its a very long article
…we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise. - Mark Rippetoe

Last edited by Angra Mainyu; 01-27-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Angra Mainyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dominated, female, heading, society