Iron Addicts Forums  

Go Back   Iron Addicts Forums > Iron Addict's > Iron Addict's and Verified Members Q & A

Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
therealdeal21

therealdeal21 is on a distinguished road
Power Rack Times?

Guys,

Now that i'm starting to squat heavier i'm getting a little worried because I just have the 2 squat stands w/ no safety bar for if I fail. Do you guys think I should buy the squat stands with the 2 safety arms? I saw one on Craigslist right next to my house for $150. It's a nautilus half rack, it looks nice. The 2 stands are just a bit wide, the 7 foot bar just makes it in them which is a tiny concern of mine, but I figure thats fine. I could go w/ this so I could do my squats and if I fail i have the safety arms. Or, I could go buy a power rack. Problem is, thats like $300 bucks on ebay, and cash is very tight now. But i mean, what would you guys buy? Do I really need a power rack, when I already have a bench/incline/decline and all I'd really need is safety arms to help me if I fail for the squat, i dont think i would need it for anything else. what do you guys think?>?
therealdeal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
bamthor

bamthor is on a distinguished road
If money is truly tight google wooden squat rack or power rack and make your own for under $100.
Then save your money and buy a decent steel one with tight hole spacing later when you can afford it.
bamthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Kabuki
Moderator & Shins Verified

Kabuki is on a distinguished road
build up some heavy blocks under where the plates go on the bar, just below your squat depth.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
therealdeal21

therealdeal21 is on a distinguished road
thanks, i don't really have any bloks to do that tho.. and if the squat rack has the safety bars then isnt there really no advantage to a power rack/cage?
therealdeal21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, rack, times