PDA

View Full Version : Bench Press Form Check

dbcb314
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
315x1 Bench Press: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2fa1tMn26dk

93% of my max

RipStone
11-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Dude, you fucking smoked that! Made it look easy. Nice lift.

boostnmuscle
11-13-2006, 08:31 AM
whoah, excuse me for my inability to find a gym with powerlifting type equipment but what type of bench is that? I have never seen that but looks AWESOME because it allows you to bring the bar way out in front when starting instead of behind your shoulders...great press too! looked solid form 2 me

Grassroots
11-13-2006, 09:43 AM
whoah, excuse me for my inability to find a gym with powerlifting type equipment but what type of bench is that? I have never seen that but looks AWESOME because it allows you to bring the bar way out in front when starting instead of behind your shoulders...great press too! looked solid form 2 me

Thats what I thought too.. shit looks cool. Nice lift D.

dbcb314
11-13-2006, 09:56 AM
hahahahaha... powerlifting gym hahahahahaha

my gym is FAR from a powerlifting gym... it is just a campus gym filled with a bunch of douschebags that I hate....

It is somewhat conventiant but it is also shady as hell. It feels as if the weight could 'pop' out of the hooks at any second haha. I really don't like using it when I do 3 plates or more, but I hate spotters more adn I will take teh chance of being smashed.

IDK really know what kind of bench it is... first time I used it it scared the shit out of me because I thought I was about to be crushed and it was broke haha. Next time I go I will try and see if there is a brand name on it or something

grammo13
11-13-2006, 10:26 AM

my gym is FAR from a powerlifting gym... it is just a campus gym filled with a bunch of douschebags that I hate....

It is somewhat conventiant but it is also shady as hell. It feels as if the weight could 'pop' out of the hooks at any second haha. I really don't like using it when I do 3 plates or more, but I hate spotters more adn I will take teh chance of being smashed.

IDK really know what kind of bench it is... first time I used it it scared the shit out of me because I thought I was about to be crushed and it was broke haha. Next time I go I will try and see if there is a brand name on it or something
My gym uses the same benches, first time I realized that it came forward I thought something broke and it was going to come all the way forward and crush me.

Joe
11-13-2006, 11:52 AM

yeah i wouldnt call a gym with Justin Timberlake music playing a PL gym LOL!!!

Your form looks good bro

dbcb314
11-13-2006, 12:12 PM
yeah i wouldnt call a gym with Justin Timberlake music playing a PL gym LOL!!!

Your form looks good bro
HAHAHAHAH no shit... go look at my other vids... all the same... god the music is horrible...

mp3 player = best birthday present ever haha

Liquidtensi0n
01-28-2007, 04:01 PM
All benches should be like this:

http://www.eliteathletetraining.com/Gallery/Images/DEC07Brandon%20spotting%20Bench%20Press.jpg

That way you can actually get under the bar and lift off yourself with minimal (hopefully no) help. The benches we have in my school gym all have the uprights back at a weird angle and the benches themselves are too short to the point where the weight is like 10-15 degrees behind you when you start and you have to rotate it forward on your shoulder joint to get it into position. That bullshit setup makes even light weights feel heavy on liftoff and anything maximal really needs a spotter to help get it out. The type of bench in the pic or how the uprights end up in the posted vid allow you to actually lift off by yourself in a much safer fashion.

Mudge
01-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Looks like pretty solid form. Never worked on one of those benches, almost looks scary to me. Did it take awhile to get used to that thing moving on ya?

dbcb314
01-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Looks like pretty solid form. Never worked on one of those benches, almost looks scary to me. Did it take awhile to get used to that thing moving on ya?
oh shit my thread got bumped haha.

Ummm, no it didn't take long to get used to it. AFter the first time it scared me to death (I thought I was about to be crushed) I found it to be very useful. Now when I have people spot me, I don't have to depend on a lift off, which is great because a shitty lift off can destroy a pr attempt

Liquidtensi0n
01-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Yea exactly... when I get a shitty lift off I just rerack it and tell them what not to do and try again in a minute.

Jokez
01-31-2007, 10:21 PM
NICE! With steady training and determination, Ill be able to bench 315 in about 53257835634 years..

Nah, just playing..but its still gonna be a long time LOL :laugh1:.

Phenom01
03-17-2007, 12:05 AM
HAHAHAHAH no shit... go look at my other vids... all the same... god the music is horrible...

mp3 player = best birthday present ever haha
No offense but how the hell are your legs small but you have a big squat?

dbcb314
03-17-2007, 01:17 AM
No offense but how the hell are your legs small but you have a big squat?
lol what?

I have never posted a pic of my legs... hell I haven't even sent a picture of my legs to IA.

And why would you ask this in an old bench press thread?

But anywhoo.... my thighs are 28.5 inches and my calves are 17 inches (and I don't train calves).

Sure I ain't walking around like Ronnie Coleman... but small???

Phenom01
03-18-2007, 04:47 PM
lol what?

I have never posted a pic of my legs... hell I haven't even sent a picture of my legs to IA.

And why would you ask this in an old bench press thread?

But anywhoo.... my thighs are 28.5 inches and my calves are 17 inches (and I don't train calves).

Sure I ain't walking around like Ronnie Coleman... but small???
In your video

F-Mac
03-18-2007, 04:52 PM
In your video

What video did you watch??

dbcb314
03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
In your video
So you judged my leg size by a 5 second flash by when I have shorts on?????

The Real Deal
03-21-2007, 05:00 PM
work your gastrocnemius ;)

~David~
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
LOL, there's nothing wrong with dbcb's calfs guys.

Nice lift!

Dean3228
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
ROFL.

Geez, fellas... you don't rag on a guy about his legs when he can DL over 500 and squat almost that much.

You don't get that right till you are a 100 over him in both.

dbcb314
03-21-2007, 09:24 PM
work your gastrocnemius ;)
NEVER!!!!!!!!

~David~
03-21-2007, 09:36 PM
ROFL.

Geez, fellas... you don't rag on a guy about his legs when he can DL over 500 and squat almost that much.

You don't get that right till you are a 100 over him in both.

lol, Exactly what I was thinking. I can only dream about those numbers at the moment.