PDA

View Full Version : 235x5 GM Check

dbcb314
11-11-2006, 07:05 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ghgoH2qYghk

235x5 Bent Knee Goodmorning

I actually went deeper than I wanted too, I went too close to parallel to the ground. But it was still easy so I am not too worried about it. The angle sucks in this vid... sorry. I had a better one, but I accidentally deleted it :mad:

Matt S.
11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
You're definitely rounding your lower back...I would use less weight until you get your form sorted out.

dbcb314
11-11-2006, 07:59 PM
see thats why i need to post the other video.... stupid fingers pressing the delete button twice... it was so much better than this vid. Better angle, better set (it was my second set).

I don't usually go this deep (there is no need to)... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jimmy
11-12-2006, 10:26 AM
check this out; www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/BBBentKneeGoodMorning.html

RipStone
11-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Hey bro,

Your two squat vids look great! But, I have to agree with Matt S-- your middle back is rounding a tad bit. Maybe it's cus you were fatigued from the squats/speed sqauts... I dunno.

iron addict
11-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Plenty deep, back rounded and that is fine if that is your intent, some people do them round back--not my preference though. You are also not decelerating soon enough at the top and the weight ends up bouncing quite a bit. This has no benefit and can only cuase problems.

I like doing them off of the pins. Set the pins as deep as you want to go, and lower until they just kiss the pins and go back up. Both methods work though.

IA

RipStone
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I like doing them off of the pins. Set the pins as deep as you want to go, and lower until they just kiss the pins and go back up. Both methods work though.

IA

I got issues visualzing these type of things :shot: , so would you happen to have any vids and/or pics of this GM set-up? Gracias.

jked4life
11-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Plenty deep, back rounded and that is fine if that is your intent, some people do them round back--not my preference though. You are also not decelerating soon enough at the top and the weight ends up bouncing quite a bit. This has no benefit and can only cuase problems.

IA

This is definately my preferred method of doing them. I feel a lot safer doing them that way.

BTW, nice to see ya DBCD

dbcb314
11-27-2006, 12:54 PM

IA

I have been going down to pins now and tapping or going just about and it takes all of the guess work out of it. Form feels a lot better and tighter and it is really hitting my hamstrings HARD.

Thanks for the tip IA