PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift form

rypalk
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
I did a quick vid this morning when I was doing warmups at 265x6. I never really noticed before but my back is prettymuch parallel w/ the floor....long shins and stubby pipes, maybe? Unfortunately, my torso got snipped at the top of the lift so I don't know how helpful the video is.

I'm not sure what's right or wrong here so please offer some advice! Thanks!

(BTW, it plays in Quicktime and may take a while to load; sorry.)

http://media.putfile.com/deadlift-form

Weilder
08-16-2006, 06:04 PM
From what i can tell your form looks good.

animalistic
08-16-2006, 11:50 PM
look pretty good. Two things might help a little. It looks like you could sit back a little more and let your shoulders round a bit more on bottom. The combination of these two ought to bring your glutes and hamstrings more strongly in to the movement, lift your chest a bit, and cause a little less work on the low back. When rounding your shoulders, be sure not to round your back along with it. I'm sure you've heard this before, but the bar should be barely clearing, if not dragging against your shins and knees. In the video it looks as if the bar is comfortably in front of you. Again, don't think I'm being critical because your form wasn't bad at all. Good luck and hope it helps.

rypalk
08-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I know what you mean about the bar being comfortably in front. My shins seem to be a little out of proportion (ie, long) so there's a conscious effort to keep the bar out front so the bar doesn't whack my knees.

In terms of rounding my shoulders and lifting my chest, I think the easiest way to accomplish that would be if the bar were 2-4" higher. ;) Maybe I'll try lifting off blocks to see how it feels.