View Full Version : My bench form

Joe
04-19-2006, 10:23 PM
warming up with 255

http://media.putfile.com/DSCN0029-90

i think i got my form down now its time to pack on the weight lol

Joe
04-20-2006, 01:03 AM
after reviewing this... and from outside help...

i still need to a) pull feet back further, b) touch a tad lower, and i should be good

Aboot
04-20-2006, 01:10 AM
i still need to a) pull feet back further,

I wouldn't necessarily say this is an absolute, but if you feel comfortable with them back further and it helps to give you more leg drive, then definitely go for it. I know for me, guys were constantly telling me to get my feet back more during comps but it just never felt comfortable and I was better able to get some leg drive having them a bit more forward. Just don't get locked into absolutes and be flexible.

Heretic
04-20-2006, 01:45 AM
That is a healthy looking arch bro. Playing with the foot placement is probably a good idea. I know I messed with mine for a while and actually feel better with my feet more under the bench. IMO go with whatever gives you the most leg drive without forcing your ass off the bench. I found the more I moved my feet under the bench the harder I could push without coming off the bench.

ShortMick
04-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Your feet should be further back and you should touch the bar lower IF those suit you best. If not, what you're doing is fine.

MORE LEG DRIVE!

JonM81
04-20-2006, 07:29 PM
I WISH I had that kinda trunk extension to press like that... my lower back is virtually flat or else my ass is off the bench.... I know I could press more if I could arch more.... Good Job tho!

RollinsClone
04-21-2006, 12:58 PM
I WISH I had that kinda trunk extension to press like that... my lower back is virtually flat or else my ass is off the bench.... I know I could press more if I could arch more.... Good Job tho!

you just gotta keep working that arch bro, it takes time but you'll get more flexibility and get a hard arch going on.