PDA

View Full Version : Deadlifts

DEANO
02-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Well, here is are the deads i did on Sat. Feb 25, i guess my back is all healed up and good to go. Any recomendations with form - let me have it!!

http://media.putfile.com/Deadlift415x3Feb272006

DEANO

ShortMick
02-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Won't play for me.

DEANO
02-27-2006, 10:13 AM
It should work now Russ.

DEANO

ShortMick
02-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Good work. That third one looked like fun, kinda like a set of three I did last Friday.

Looks like you might be bending your arms a little. Let them hang. Break that habit now, that is how ruptured bicep tendons happen during deadlifts.

Also, your ass is coming up to quickly as you get tired. The first rep is fine, the second you start to lift the tail first, and the third gets a little worse.

IMO, you're taking too long to set up. Looks like you're doing a lot of mental stuff while you're bent over and your hands are on the bar. Get all of that shit done before you go down and grab the bar. Also, you're dickin' around with your grip so much it almost looks like you're wrapping straps around the bar. As soon as you have a good grip and you're in position, start the lift. The longer I stay down in position before the ascent, the harder it is to break the bar off of the floor.

Sorry if this sounds like nitpicking. That was good lifting, a lot of effort and hard work is evident in that video.

Joe
02-27-2006, 11:05 AM
vid looked good deano, first rep looked realc lean

DEANO
02-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys!

Russ, i want you to nitpick man, that is the only way i will get better. Thanks for the advice, i will try to incorperate that into my next workout.

DEANO

animalistic
05-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Coming in a few months late on this one, but I'll put in my 2 cents anyway. First, I can't tell what kind of shoes you're wearing, but if its not something completely flat soled like the old converse chuck conner shoes or wrestling shoes, etc. I would give them a try. A flat soled shoe lets you sit back into the lift better and improves the mechanics of the movement right away. I would start out with your rear a little lower, bar closer to the shins, bodyweight shifted to further to the heels,and your head looking up a bit sharper. Hope it helps.