PDA

View Full Version : Here's one TOUGH exercise!

WSBB24
12-17-2005, 05:06 PM
And here's a vid of my last set of SSB Zercher Squats that I tried today...I HIGHLY recommend these....they SUCK! My entire back is on fire. The only problem was I had the guards a tad too high. Next week I'm dropping them down so I can REALLY go deep :D

Click here to watch SSB-Zercher-Squats-275-x-3 (http://media.putfile.com/SSB-Zercher-Squats-275-x-3)

MannequinMan
12-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Looks really tough. How hard is it to hold the bar in place, and does it hurt at all?

WSBB24
12-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Looks really tough. How hard is it to hold the bar in place, and does it hurt at all?

I used the SSB cause you can hook your arms around the yoke. Only tradeoff is the SSB tries throwing you foward so it makes a difficult exercise even MORE difficult.

I've used a straight bar for them before....but I'm a puss so I had to put a 2x4 in the crook of my arms otherwise the bar would bite into my skin something awful.

ShortMick
12-17-2005, 09:13 PM
As far as bars go, you can also use a fat bar or buffalo bar and/or wear elbow sleeves (most lifters would benefit from those anyway) to make it less uncomfortable.

Zerchers will develop a type of back strength that I don't think any other exercise can.

Sand Blaster
12-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Form looks loose on that bro. Be careful. Your ass raising up so quickly puts more stress on the lower back than you need...Drive with your back against the weight first and your ass will come up in a consistent motion.

Just my 2 cents,
SB

dutch
12-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Yep looks pretty though indeed.

WSBB24
12-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Form looks loose on that bro. Be careful. Your ass raising up so quickly puts more stress on the lower back than you need...Drive with your back against the weight first and your ass will come up in a consistent motion.

Just my 2 cents,
SB

Oh I hear ya bro. The SSB makes it even harder to keep my arch then usual. I was pretty tired by then. The main reason I video my lifts is as soon as form gets real bad...I call it quits.

Hence why I called it quits after that 275 set :D

Thanks for the input!

guyfromkop
12-18-2005, 08:08 PM
you could do what i did, start it from the pins and explode up, set it back down on the pins so all motion stops, then repeat. it will smoke your back like non other

WSBB24
12-19-2005, 12:34 PM
you could do what i did, start it from the pins and explode up, set it back down on the pins so all motion stops, then repeat. it will smoke your back like non other

That sounds like a damn good idea! I'll try that next week. Thanks bro.