PDA

View Full Version : Critique My Lifts, Please!

SoG
09-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Hey guys,

I got some lifts I'd like y'all experts to critique. Go here (http://www.putfile.com/sog) and check them out please!

If the video is too small, right click on the video and zoom in 200%--it'll be much closer.

Thanks! Any comments will be appreciated!

-Dave

exmgq
09-24-2005, 06:50 PM
everything looked fine.

SoG
09-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks EXMGQ.

-Dave

Halfway
09-27-2005, 06:31 PM
try to get your shoulders moving before your hips on the sumo deadlift - lighten the weight and focus on leg drive to start... that booty is drifting up 6" before you even start to pull, making it into a semi-stiffleg sumo

can you pull conventionally instead?

Halfway
09-27-2005, 06:34 PM
also - that squat descent to the box would have my spine screaming at me - I like to go a lot slower on the descent when I'm going to the box (after all, you're not using any elastic rebound if you relax your hips at the bottom so a fast descent isnt going to help lift more weight)

ShortMick
09-27-2005, 06:41 PM
also - that squat descent to the box would have my spine screaming at me - I like to go a lot slower on the descent when I'm going to the box (after all, you're not using any elastic rebound if you relax your hips at the bottom so a fast descent isnt going to help lift more weight)
I thought his speed looked ok. He wasn't 'plopping down' onto the box, which would be bad.

But then, you've squatted more than I have...

Halfway
09-27-2005, 06:46 PM
true, it wasn't a drop by any means, but I'm super leery of a fast squat descent because of my bad back and hamstring weaknesses.

I thought ya did more than 605 in your last contest?

ShortMick
09-27-2005, 07:22 PM
true, it wasn't a drop by any means, but I'm super leery of a fast squat descent because of my bad back and hamstring weaknesses.

I thought ya did more than 605 in your last contest?
Yeah, 661. I had confused you with Future (you guys have similar AVs and one-word nicks that are common words, which causes me mix-up issues evidently, LOL!).

I wasn't trying to make you wrong, by the way, just offering my own opinion.

SoG
09-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the critiques, guys.

I have always deadlifted conventionally, but have never been able to comfortably get my hips deep enough to do a proper pull--I end up stiff-legging it up halfway. With the 45s smaller at my new gym than past gyms, I decided to go a little sumo to work on dropping my hips and developing my leg drive.

Yes, I'll slow down the box squats a little--your suggestion is well-taken.

Thanks again, guys.

-Dave