PDA

View Full Version : Vids From Most Recent Meet

ShortMick
08-18-2005, 12:06 PM
These are from my meet this past April. It was my second three-lift meet (I've also lifted in one push/pull). I'm open to any and all constructive criticism!

SQUAT (300kg/661lbs)

http://media.putfile.com/ShortMick-661-SQ-0405

The the things I've been trying to improve on are:

-elbows down under the bar more to eliminate the forward lean of the torso
-push out a little harder on the knees (I think I needed to pull my suit up on my outer thighs, this might have been hindering the outward push)
-put the weight on my heels out of the rack (this will also help alleviate unnecessary forward lean)

This was my openner. I missed 705 on my second and third.

BENCH (207.5kg/457lbs) This was the lift I improved least from my first meet in 11/04.

Click here to watch 2005-APF-TX-State-Champs-0405---Russ-457 (http://media.putfile.com/2005-APF-TX-State-Champs-0405---Russ-457)

Still using a single-ply Rage, because I hadn't gotten my double F6 altered appropriately (WAY too tight in the arms). My leg drive could have been a lot better. Either one of these things might have meant me making my third attempt of 480, and if I had both I think I could have broken the 500 mark.

DEADLIFT (300kg/661lbs) Third attempt, three whites!

http://media.putfile.com/ShortMick-661-DL-0405

I was quite pleased with this lift. It was hotter than hell in the room due to overcrowding (it was WAY too small) and poor climate control. It was nice to hit 300kg's on both the SQ and the DL. I was a little concerned that I might get called for hitching or something at the top, so I was fighting like hell to lock the lift out w/o dragging on my thighs any more than necessary.

I only wear a singlet and my Frantz briefs to pull. I tried a Metal Deadlifter, but I was having hell during warm-ups getting down to the bar.

My next meet will be another APF event in early November. I'm aiming for big things, including my first elite total.

guyfromkop
08-18-2005, 01:20 PM
nice looking lifts

and they wonder where people get the idea that powerlifters look like skin heads. hahahaha (i have a shaved head too and a fellow mick)

threenorns
08-18-2005, 02:24 PM
well done!!!!

ShortMick
08-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks threenoms & guyfromkop.

XX
08-18-2005, 05:44 PM
nice vids mick, three real solid lifts.

iron addict
08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
VERY solid. looks like you had more in you too. Great job Mick!

IA

ShortMick
08-18-2005, 07:55 PM
IA & XX, thanks bros!

IA, I definitely should have nailed 705 SQ, but my form was off, I was out of the grove on the 2nd, and didn't hit depth on the 3rd.

Matt76
08-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Bro you looked very solid. Your bench looked way to easy. Start throwing some damn weight on the bar. You made that look like childs play

ShortMick
08-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Bro you looked very solid. Your bench looked way to easy. Start throwing some damn weight on the bar. You made that look like childs play
Matt, you're right. I need my bench in the 5's this year. Apart from getting my 2-ply shirt altered to fit correctly, I've been contending with elbow and forearm issues. I've pretty well figured out what exercises I need to avoid or limit at this point, so I'm optimistic about my upcoming meet in Nov. My bench has been dissappointing.

Thanks for the encouragement!

WSBB24
08-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Awesome vids bro! COOL music playing in the background during your DL attempt too..

Ramstein...me LIKES!!!

Shawn Bellon
08-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Nice job! :) Deadlift looked almost easy.

ShortMick
08-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Nice job! :) Deadlift looked almost easy.
Thanks Future!

Watching the video surprised me the first time I saw it. That lift felt a lot harder than it looked! But based on it, I'm aiming for a 7+ pull later this year.

ShortMick
08-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Awesome vids bro! COOL music playing in the background during your DL attempt too..

Ramstein...me LIKES!!!
Thanks WS!!

True story: Me and one of my partners burned the CDs for that meet. Most of the lifters appreciated having some 'motivational' music, LOL!

exmgq
08-29-2005, 02:15 AM
nice looking lifts.

travis showed me a couple little tricks that knocked 4 or 5 inches off my pull if you interested.

you wear a trainer under the singlet for pulls or just raw dawg it?

ShortMick
08-29-2005, 06:12 AM
nice looking lifts.
Thanks Ex!

travis showed me a couple little tricks that knocked 4 or 5 inches off my pull if you interested.

Um, YES!

you wear a trainer under the singlet for pulls or just raw dawg it?

I wear my briefs (Frantz). I probably don't get much from them on a DL, but it's allowed and it doesn't hinder me from getting down to the bar.