Tarantula
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
185lb Good Mourning x 3 :

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=MOV0006262

200lb Good Mourning x 3 :

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=MOV0006340

195 lb Box Squat x 8 :

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=MOV0006615

The form on goodmournings doesnt look to good to me, but it felt pretty good, to be honest. Box Squats look ok, these were 1 rep short of failure set. One of the big things that jump out at me is the weight being so low!! :p

SoG
07-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Looks good, man.

You trainin' with IA?

-Dave

Tarantula
07-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Looks good, man.

You trainin' with IA?

-Dave

yea, everythings been working well so far!

goes4ever
07-30-2005, 06:11 AM
I think you look good on form

Blown_SC
07-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Good work...

Stout1
07-30-2005, 04:02 PM
When I do box squats it looks different from what you do. Or the form I mean. It looks like to me that you come down with a "L" shaped form. Instead of sitting like you would on a toilet seat, you come down at an odd angle. It looks like you sit down then back, the bar travels from left to rigth when you come down. If you look at the forms IA sent you you should be traveling more like this \ instead it looks like this L. Or am I seeing things? LOL

Or is it just the angle of the video?

buffness
07-30-2005, 06:56 PM
When I do box squats it looks different from what you do. Or the form I mean. It looks like to me that you come down with a "L" shaped form. Instead of sitting like you would on a toilet seat, you come down at an odd angle. It looks like you sit down then back, the bar travels from left to rigth when you come down. If you look at the forms IA sent you you should be traveling more like this \ instead it looks like this L. Or am I seeing things? LOL

Or is it just the angle of the video?
agreed. It looks like your pulling the bar down on your neck as you push up. The bar maybe to far up, which is why it looks like you can spill over. Chest out chin up, and take a shit in the woods ;). My box squat form is dam near identical to my squat form..

exmgq
08-07-2005, 04:58 AM
several different ways to do box squats. his form is fine for that type. breaking the normal plane of decent torches the hips and is a lot tougher.

not sure if thats what T is trying but thats what he's doing.

nice job overall on all lifts.

Tarantula
08-07-2005, 01:16 PM
So all you guys don't think im sitting back?? honestly, then i think im doing something wrong because if i try to sit back more i start falling backwards!

is there any way to correct this?? I honestly don't think i could sit back more??

ShortMick
08-19-2005, 02:38 PM
The difference between your form and mine on box squats is that your first action is bending forward on the descent, and then it's also your first action before coming off of the box. For me, my first action on the descent is breaking the hips (while keeping the torso as upright as possible), and off of the box my first thought is simultaneously pushing out with the feet and up with my head.

I can only speak from a competitive standpoint (in otherwords, striving for maximum efficiency). To my thinking, anything you do on the descent must be 'undone' on the way up. Therefore, I've been trying to eliminate any unnecessary movements.

From my perspective, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing in terms of eliciting a training effect. However, there may be things that you could do to increase the weight you can handle. I'm thinking if you tried to pull your elbows down under the bar further, you'd naturally keep your torso more erect.

How tall are you? Your height, along with the fact that you appear to be squatting on a box well below parallel, might be the reason why you're leaning during each rep.

All in all, though, nice lifting, and great focus on basic, strength-building lifts!

evilpointingmonkey
08-28-2005, 11:31 AM
When I sit back, I lean my torso when I come down. There's nothing wrong with that. There has
to be some lean when sitting back. Pulling the elbows under the bar when
coming up makes a world of difference when coming up.

Steelers81
08-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Can you upload your vids to www.rapidshare.de ?

My computer crashes when I click on your links.

I'd like to check my good morning form.

evilpointingmonkey
08-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Are you trying to put vids of you doing them on?

exmgq
08-29-2005, 01:53 AM
im not a fan of pulling the elbows forward. it can lead to shoulder/elbow probs (which it did for me). i rest my hands on the bar all the way out to the collars.

for guys who sit way back staying upright is impossible. youll fall backwards. the bar needs to stay over the heels pretty much so the further you sit back the more you have to lean to keep this in place.

evilpointingmonkey
08-31-2005, 01:46 PM
I'd be damned if I were to be very upright when squatting. I sit back too.