PDA

View Full Version : MeSKAline's (very) random log

MeSKAline
10-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Hey guys i am new here, i live in the UK at the moment and i am starting out lifting due to various reasons in my life which have pushed me to the decision that i need to find something productive to do with my time rather than the bad stuff i have been doing so far. My lifestyle right now does not accomodate me having regular scheduled workouts as the only time i have to work out (after school) is also the time in which i do what i need to do to make money to pay for anything i might need (i go to a boarding school and my parents dont give me any money), what this means is that some times i am free and some times i am not free in the afternoon which has a knock on effect with my training. For this reason i am not doing a very structured or consistent workout (like the VERY good ones that can be found on these forums), as i would probably not find it productive and i would just stress out about stuff too much. Instead, i work out as much as i can doing basic movements for strength and size and eat as much as i can afford to eat. I know this is not what i should be doing if my goals are to get bigger and stronger but right now this is all i can do.

I have been lifting for a week now (or what you could call a week by my training) and it has pretty much gone like this:

day 1: Squats 5x5 BB rows 3x5 pulldowns 1x5

day 2: Bench 3x5 OHP 3x8 Triceps 2x15 deadlifts 2x5

and then today i did some squats and bench with very minimal biceps. I like to keep stuff low volume as i don't honestly see what kind of strength or size i could gain from 15 sets of light weights. As you can see my programming is crap to say the least but i do go all out and i do research as much as i can on training and nutrition (also i take a sports science class in school so i learn a lot there too). This log will be key for me to be able to try and increment my poundages on the lifts every time (when i do actually workout) and it will also hopefully prove to people that the most important thing is motivation.

Ok rant over, here are some of my stats:

I am 18 years old, around 5'9" and 140lbs (approximately).

My lifts as of now (just starting off) are:

Squat: 180lbs
Bench: 150lbs
Deadlift: 230lbs

I am not sure of my bodyfat level but my abs are quite visible so i would say around 12%. Here are 2 pictures i took of myself before training to show you guys what i look like right now that im a noob:

bLacKjAck.
10-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Good to see this. Keep it going, you will get a lot of valuable input.

MeSKAline
10-12-2011, 02:33 AM
Good to see this. Keep it going, you will get a lot of valuable input.

Thanks man :) this forum seems very friendly and full of knowledgeable people which makes me happy of my choice

MeSKAline
10-13-2011, 05:25 PM
did not hit the gym yet again but i have been doing lots of pullups, didnt eat lunch though unfortunately.

Got a swallow tattooed on my chest today for free because a friend owed me a favour and he just opened a new shop where i live. I might put up a picture when the clingfilm comes off tomorrow :)

MeSKAline
10-21-2011, 05:21 AM
on vacation in amsterdam for two weeks, doing some bodyweight stuff here and there but i am pretty much just chilling. Sorry about the very not-entertaining log ahah, when i get back i will start to be a bit more serious.

ruga buga
10-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Damn Amsterdam. Enjoy!

Come back focused and revving to go man.