PDA

View Full Version : Total Reformation.

Pages : [1] 2

Texas Savage
02-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Hey everyone this is a continuance of my old log. Starting with IA. Here we go!

A short introduction. I am a senior in high school. I wrestled for four years and absolutley loved it but that time is over for me. Wrestling is what i trained for the last few years, now it is time for new goals, ambitions and many accomplishments to come.

Best numbers to date:
Bench 315
Squat 225x20
Deadlift 380x3(2 inch raise).

Season just ended so i will be logging new numbers and im hoping to make big gains.

Like the title says, this is a log for my Total Reformation. Not just strength and physique but spiritual, style, social, and work. Im looking forward to this journey. i have six and a half months until college, i have gotten accepted to Texas A&M university, but i am awaiting to hear from the Universtiy of Texas-Austin. If i do i will likely stay in Austin. I love it here. This log will chart my progress through life the next several months until college, at that time i will make a new log.

DOA
02-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Good luck and I am loving the name.

Texas Savage
02-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks Xfactor.
Time to lay out some goals so i can always flip back and see what i have accomplished and what i need to focus on.

Strength & Physique:
I do not know my current numbers but today, my first day in the gym in about a month i hit 290x1 on bench, followed by 225x11. The 290 was solid. Aiming for 300 next week.

Squat: i have no idea. But i will be doing higher reps. My form detoriates as i go heavier. But i can keep perfect form with lighter weight. I will still be doing low rep work, just going take time.

Deadlift: i used to deadlift with bumpers on, changing that. Deadlifting straight from the floor. So i have no idea where to start.

Physique. I got sick and lost about 10 lbs, starting eating again and gained some of it back. So i weigh 185 or so. But my body composition is not as good as it was in the beginning of season. lost some muscle and gained some fat.
By May/// By September
Bench: 315 345
Squat: 245x10 275x15
Deadlift: 365x3 405x3
BW: Do not care. But 12%bf is the goal by Summer.

I plan to strength train with some volume. powerbuilding until mid march then cut for six weeks before summer. Try to lose 12lbs or so of fat. While massing i will be running a Half Timed carb diet. It worked for me with Wes. I leaned out, got stronger, and stayed the same weight. Ill try it again.

275p. 150/100c. 90f.
WO/NonWo.

Social:

I have a lot of friends, but i just want to do what i can to strengthen relationships before i go off to college, or others leave for college. Im fairly confident but just want to get better at flirting and talking to girls.

Style/dress:

Recently ive had quite a change in style. My sister got my hooked on Ralph Lauren polo stuff. And i love it. I would definitely consider myself preppy. i live in a preppy community, going to be in a frat in college. Ill upload pictures of various outfits. But i want to get better at layering clothes, and pulling off different looks.

Clothes i want to get at the moment:
Some polos. Dont have any good fitting since ive grown a lot since last year. Hoping to find some that fit.
Also looking to purchase a couple pairs of jeans, and a pair of boots.

Spiritual:

My spiritual goals are to live selfless and aware of others around me. i often times get caught up and dont recognize the needs of others. I also want to be getting into the word and spending time with God daily, whether it is through prayer, worship or diving into my bible.

Im excited for this journey. And a picture of a new sweater i got:

OKUMatt
02-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Definitely in for this

B.Money
02-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Nice bench!

Texas Savage
02-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Definitely in for this

Nice bench!

Thanks guys. Hope yall follow this. I think itll be an awesome tranformation.

And B. Ive always had a good bench. Perfect mechanics for it and i have spot on form. I have a groove i hit when i bench. And i rarely ever miss the groove. Bring it down slow and i have strong triceps from when i used to bench very narrow. I think i will be able to hit 315 by April.

Weilder
02-14-2011, 12:04 AM
what your doing here is really good man. I wish you the best of luck! Il be following fo sho.

XPirate
02-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Have fun with your metamorphosis.

aaron
02-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Your a strong guy i'll be following along! I need to get some new jeans too. I have about 6 pairs of jeans and all of them have a hole in the exact same place. The right crotch area just wears out in a few months lol.

I'm gonna invest in some very durable levis i think.

Texas Savage
02-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the support.

I'm gonna invest in some very durable levis i think.

Yeah ive never really worn jeans until this past year. I was always athletic shorts and tshirts guy. So i have two pairs. But i am going to get a couple pairs of Wranglers. They fit me well and are part of Fraternity dress code.

I writing up my diet. Parents have been out of town so i havent had the credit card to go to grocery store. But i will be going tomorrow.

Style- View picture. Collared shirt under a Polo half zip sweater with gray pants and sperrys.

Work: trying to get a job now that i have a lot of time. Applied online to a few places that will likely be temporary until i turn 18.

mjc565
02-14-2011, 09:22 PM
you'll blow past those numbers quickly! Good luck on everything.

Jacked boy in preppy clothes? you're about to have girls crawling over you. ;) cheers

Texas Savage
02-14-2011, 10:50 PM
you'll blow past those numbers quickly! Good luck on everything.

Thanks man, i got squats tomorrow. Nervous and excited.

Last year in the month after season my bench went from 245-270. Im at 290 now and ill be disappointed if i dont hit 320 by the end of march.

Jacked boy in preppy clothes? you're about to have girls crawling over you. ;) cheers

Im a fan of the preppy clothes. Some people dont like it. Got a lunch date tomorrow with a friend who is in town for an audition. Will take a picture of the get-up.

The other day, i was rocking a white longsleeve button down, a royal blue vest over it, pants and brown sperrys. A guy in our group asked why i was wearing that, and right as i was about to reply, one of our girl-friends walked up and said she liked the outfit and that i was looking sharp.

I proceeded to stare at him, giving a "thats why" face.

Widge UK
02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
nice jumper, i have the same one but in an olive green colour. good luck with goals.

heavyset
02-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Nice shirt, nice bench!

Texas Savage
02-15-2011, 06:59 PM
THanks guys!

Todays workout, Im just getting back into things so be nice.

Squat: felt good. i hit 225x3, 185x15. Im bad at low reps but i can rep out on squat just because im mentally tough. Will likely be doing this setup. 3-15.

Did some Hammy work, RDls, and GHR.

And then some chinups. 5x8 narrow, 3x5 wide(with a slow cadence).

Finished with some Abs.

my routine is upper/lower split. 4x a week. Bench/squat/dips/Deads.

lawlz_xD
02-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Glad to see you're back man, looking forward to this.

Texas Savage
02-16-2011, 11:07 PM
So for my new routine, I'm combining some of the things ive learned from Wes and John. I've learned a lot from their very different routines. From Wes I'm doing my primary compound
movemet, squat bench and deads with a set of 3 or 1 and then following it with a high rep set. From John, I'm doing some different movements he got me hooked on, and my bench grip is wider. Not as wide as he would like but I think it will help. Also I'm going without a belt.

Today's workout
dips
bw+25x8
50x8
70x8
90x5

incline Db bench 3x8

3inch board press 8x3
225 for 3 sets then went up 5 each set for the last 5

finished off with close grip 185x5 and some abs.

Texas Savage
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Rest day. Looking to hit my protein intake.

Bad news:

I did not get into the University of Texas-Austin. Its been my first choice for as long as i can remember. Pretty disappointed. I was expecting to get in, so i guess its time to reconsider my options. Not having the best day.

OKUMatt
02-17-2011, 01:53 PM
UT isn't an easy school to get into man. Keep your head up.

Texas Savage
02-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Yesterdays workout:

Deadlift 315x5
Leg press 1x20
Pullups 5x5 with +25
Db Rows 100 2x15
Lunges 3x8
Calves

Todays workout:
Bench 315x1, 235x10
Paused DB Bench 3x10 80
OHP 2x8,5 100, 115
Machine flies
Chins till failure
Tricep extensions
Abs

Im responding well to the routine im doing. its more volume than i am used to. But i feel like im recovering better after each workout. Todays workout was awesome!! I hit 300 for a single and it felt easy so i put 315 on and nailed it. I think i have 320 in me for next week, which was my goal to have by april. Im ahead of schedule.

Diet: Im feeling great on the half-tcd. im hitting 300g's of protein a day. Every day for lunch i have a lb of lean sirloin steak. Then i workout about an hour later. Always feeling good and energized.

Todays protien: 360g. 80 from casein. The most protein ive ever eaten in a given day. Best part is i was able to keep carbs to 150.

exmgtoo
02-19-2011, 10:49 PM
nice stuff going on in here.

Texas Savage
02-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Squats 240x3, 195x15. Felt good. Good form.
Rdls 2x10 195
Chins
Reverse Hypers
Calves

A good workout. And then a lb of steak pwo with some whole grain cereal.

NorwegianGuy92
02-21-2011, 04:17 PM
New log, awesome :)

vamshi
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Sorry to hear about UT man.

but honestly, as long as you do well in your first two years, you should have no problem getting in as a transfer.

Mlalahoi
02-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Bad news:

I did not get into the University of Texas-Austin. Its been my first choice for as long as i can remember. Pretty disappointed. I was expecting to get in, so i guess its time to reconsider my options. Not having the best day.

Don't worry about it brother. I know it seems like a HUGE deal right now, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. It doesn't matter THAT MUCH where you go to undergrad, it matters how you perform there and what you do with your free time. People always say "if there are two guys up for a job and if everything else is the same blah blah blah" ...but everything else will NEVER be the same. I've hired about 300 people over the course of my career running companies in three different industries (entertainment, professional and language training, and pharmaceuticals) and I can tell you with 1000% confidence that I always gave the job to the guy that 1. carried himself well and was articulate 2. had a good GPA 3. Was active outside of class doing productive things 4. had good references from Proffs.

I never gave two sh*ts what school they went to because the true measure of a person is what they do with that that is given to them. An intelligent, motivated, diligent person will end up with a good education at just about any decent school in the USA. As is clearly indicated in your logs here, your posts, and your reputation around the board you are an impressive young man, and will continue to be impressive no matter what school you go to. Focus on developing yourself academically, intellectually, physically, and emotionally and I promise you that you have a very bright future regardless of the name of the school on your diploma.

Texas Savage
02-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks Norweigan. I hope you follow along.

Sorry to hear about UT man.

but honestly, as long as you do well in your first two years, you should have no problem getting in as a transfer.

Thanks vamshi. I have no desire to split time at different schools. I want to get plugged in wherever i go.

Don't worry about it brother. I know it seems like a HUGE deal right now, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. It doesn't matter THAT MUCH where you go to undergrad, it matters how you perform there and what you do with your free time. People always say "if there are two guys up for a job and if everything else is the same blah blah blah" ...but everything else will NEVER be the same. I've hired about 300 people over the course of my career running companies in three different industries (entertainment, professional and language training, and pharmaceuticals) and I can tell you with 1000% confidence that I always gave the job to the guy that 1. carried himself well and was articulate 2. had a good GPA 3. Was active outside of class doing productive things 4. had good references from Proffs.

I never gave two sh*ts what school they went to because the true measure of a person is what they do with that that is given to them. An intelligent, motivated, diligent person will end up with a good education at just about any decent school in the USA. As is clearly indicated in your logs here, your posts, and your reputation around the board you are an impressive young man, and will continue to be impressive no matter what school you go to. Focus on developing yourself academically, intellectually, physically, and emotionally and I promise you that you have a very bright future regardless of the name of the school on your diploma.

That is extremely comforting to hear. And i know that i will make good grades wherever i go. Ut Business is my first choice because it is a very high caliber program. If i dont get into that, then i think any of the three will be near even academically. Charleston maybe a bit lower. But i think i will gain much more out of the classroom and definitely have a new experience there.

Texas Savage
02-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Some good news!!

I heard back about my scholarship information from Charleston. I get 16k a year! 64k over four years as long as i maintain it.

That brings the total cost down to 14k a year. plus travel. Making it the cheapest option of any school ive gotten into.

Workout today:

Dips
30,50,75 x8
95x5--PR!

Incline DBB: 85x8
Closegrip: 205x4

OKUMatt
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
14k a year is cheaper than A&M, I'm surprised. Also, remember that that price is usually based on 12 credit hours a semester. You'll be taking closer to 15 to graduate in four years.

Mlalahoi
02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Congrats on the scholarship!!! Don't overload yourself with classes, nobody cares if you took a few summer semesters or an extra regular term if you have Summa Cum Laude on yer diploma ;)

Anyway congratulations again!

Texas Savage
02-23-2011, 10:15 PM
14k a year is cheaper than A&M, I'm surprised. Also, remember that that price is usually based on 12 credit hours a semester. You'll be taking closer to 15 to graduate in four years.

A&m is around 22k with everything included. Charleston will be about 16k. But A&m could end up being less if i get scholarship. You have to take at least 12 to maintain it, but yeah ill end up taking more.
My scholarship is instate tuition, minus another 3k.

Congrats on the scholarship!!! Don't overload yourself with classes, nobody cares if you took a few summer semesters or an extra regular term if you have Summa Cum Laude on yer diploma ;)

Anyway congratulations again!

hahah we'll see about that. i wouldnt want to pay for another semester, but i may end up doing study abroad, in which case, who knows!

OKUMatt
02-24-2011, 01:05 AM
That's really high for a state school. Good luck with your decision man!

vamshi
02-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Nice work on the scholarship money. All that work in class pays off :D

Im at a state school right now, looking to go to PSU after a the fall semester. Im paying about 3.8k a year after scholarships.

The schools you are looking at, do they pick your schedule for you for your first semester? They picked for us, and i had the most boring anthropology prof ever... will that class help me be a better scientist? IDK lol.

Texas Savage
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Nice work on the scholarship money. All that work in class pays off :D

Im at a state school right now, looking to go to PSU after a the fall semester. Im paying about 3.8k a year after scholarships.

The schools you are looking at, do they pick your schedule for you for your first semester? They picked for us, and i had the most boring anthropology prof ever... will that class help me be a better scientist? IDK lol.

Dang thats cheap!! nice.

And i dont really know, i think i could to pick-somewhat. I choose my major and then there are classes that i have to take for that major.

Texas Savage
02-24-2011, 05:18 PM
325x3 deadlift
20rep leg press
pullups 5x5 with +25
some rows and lunges
abs

Texas Savage
02-24-2011, 07:51 PM
The last of my wrestling pictures. Several of these matches were while i had the flu.

Texas Savage
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
A few more. The black guy in the black singlet that is jacked is the guy i lost to in my District Semis.

Texas Savage
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Another takedown series. And a pin i had.

Texas Savage
02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Thats all of them! All i can say is, these are some skills i hope to retain for life. Never know when ill need to pick someone up and throw them around.

wrestle445
02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Thats all of them! All i can say is, these are some skills i hope to retain for life. Never know when ill need to pick someone up and throw them around.

True that!

aaron
02-25-2011, 04:45 AM
Looks like a tough sport man. Don't think that form of wrestling is done over here in England. Atleast i've never seen it.
Do you play football or anything? you strike me as a pretty athletic guy.

Mlalahoi
02-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Looks like you've got a mean single-leg, you hit it on every one of those guys :)

I.Muscle
02-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Those are some sic pics man, you look like a beast!

Texas Savage
02-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Looks like a tough sport man. Don't think that form of wrestling is done over here in England. Atleast i've never seen it.
Do you play football or anything? you strike me as a pretty athletic guy.

I used to play football, 7th-9th grade. But i wasnt very good. At the time i wasnt athletic though. I quit football and went straight wrestling and i became an athlete. Got fast, strong, agile, ectera. but it was because of wrestling. I think i couldve been a good fball player senior year though.

Looks like you've got a mean single-leg, you hit it on every one of those guys :)

Yeah i have a pretty dirty single leg. If you check my old log, there are several other single leg takedowns. It was my go to. The only non singles were against guys who werent very good or if i was finishing off a stalled shot i usually switched off to a highcrotch.

Those are some sic pics man, you look like a beast!

Thanks Imuscle!!

____

Todays workout: i had to lift in the morning and i am not used to it. I think i work out much better in the evening and afternoon.

Bench: i barely missed 320 for my single. I brought it down and got it off my chest well, but i missed my groove and the bar was too far over my chest and shoulder and wasnt able to get my triceps to do their job, my lockouts are my strength.

i did hit a pr of 240x10

Paused DB bench
OHP 105x8, 120x5---> prs.

Im weighing in at about 190-192. Gained about 5-6lbs since wrestling ended and i am leaner. So id say things are going well. Im going to have to start getting my protein from leaner sources. Too much sausage, eggs and steak. I can feel muscle i didnt have two weeks ago in my abs, obliques, and legs.

Life is good.

Texas Savage
03-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Last couple workouts:

Squats 250x3- good form
205x15

And then some hammy and chin work.
___

Dips 3x8,5
35,65,77.5, 97.5

PRs for me set of 8 and 5.
DB incline: 90x8
Some Board bench and close grip

On a non lifting related note: i got a job! Working for my dad on one of the construction sites being built. I'm not doing labor, ill mostly be walkign around the site, and taking pictures of it being built in various stages and then uploading and filing them, and marking them off the planning book.

Although after only two days i am learning a ton that i hadnt anticipated. How to read the blueprints, layouts, building plans, different names for everything. Its overwhelming but ill catch up.

Not to mention im making 10$ an hour. Got to save a lot of it for college and stuff.

mjc565
03-05-2011, 11:23 AM
congrats!

spend your last semester and summer break wisely...dont go too wild drinking 24/7 & hitting up clubs like most of your peers will. do something that will help develop yourself and help you learn something new. that kind of free time won't come again for a while.

Texas Savage
03-05-2011, 12:12 PM
congrats!

spend your last semester and summer break wisely...dont go too wild drinking 24/7 & hitting up clubs like most of your peers will. do something that will help develop yourself and help you learn something new. that kind of free time won't come again for a while.

Thanks MJC. I dont drink as it is, so that really isnt an issue. But i definitely want to take advantage of the free time i have. I think getting the job will be good.

Texas Savage
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I actually have some more wrestling pictures but ill upload later on. Here are a couple of rare ones.

This guy got third in state, but was the second best. He lost to the champ in the semi's 3-1.

This is the only time all year i got lifted like this.

Texas Savage
03-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Last couple of workouts:

bench i missed 320 again. Soooo close. I have the strength to get it, i know.
245x8, failed set, wanted ten, but still good strength level.

__

Squats 260x3, 215x15, both ten pound prs. and are up 35/30 this wave.
Weighted Reverse Hypers, 2x15 with a 45lb plate. Destroyed my hammies.

NorwegianGuy92
03-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Awesome pictures man, you look big and strong!
But how come you bench more than you squat? :p

Widge UK
03-12-2011, 10:22 AM
love that fealing when you flex somthing or feal a muscle you havent before, good workouts in here strong bench.

Texas Savage
03-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Awesome pictures man, you look big and strong!
But how come you bench more than you squat? :p

Started out i just never worked squats in 8th grade. Then i started to and they were even at about 250 sophmore year. Since then ive been plagued by injuries to my legs.

fractured shin bone, torn MCL. hip flexor strain, hyperextended lower back. a slight mcl strain(same knee). And a couple knee hyperextensions.

Wrestling is killer on knees.

All of these have left me pretty inflexible in my hips and hammies so now that wrestling is over, legs are a concentration. Theyve gone up 30lbs this past month and im still hitting reps easily.

I also think my biomechanics help me for bench.

Texas Savage
03-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Taken me a while to post this:

upper body workout.

Dips 37.5,67.5,80,100... 3x8,5
my dips are up 10lbs this month on my five and eight sets.
Db incline bench: 75,85,95 3x8
three board press 8x3. 225 and +5 each set
close grip 185(2x6),195x5,205x4

been hitting my triceps hard after I failed two one reps of 320 at lockout.

Taking a weeklong deload. This wave is over. I made great progress especially on squats and hamstrings and my upper body accessories. Bench still went up! I'm going to make some slight adjustments, rep range on my ME bench days from 1 to 3 being the main one.

I'm going to keep lean massing the next two weeks. Once April starts I'll be doing a slow cut, I'll drop the volume a bit. Maybe run one of the routines Wes gave me. I'll be ready to go by summer.

Texas Savage
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Deadlifts 335x3
pullups 5x5 with +35

Texas Savage
03-25-2011, 12:15 AM
ive committed to College of Charleston!! Go Cougars. Im sooo excited. Check my thread in Genera/offtopic for more.

Squats: 265x3, 225x15.
Reverse Hypers 55 3x8

Incline bench: 3x3, 215,225,235
OHP 135x5

Texas Savage
03-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Today was my first day of my cut.

Going to cut for 6-8 weeks and reevaluate. im sitting at about 192/3, looking to get down to about 178.

Texas Savage
03-29-2011, 10:34 PM
I think im going to remove Flat bench from my routine for 4-6 weeks. Ive been doing it consistantly for several months and have started to plateau. Ive been gaining well on OHP, and closegrip so i may make those the core of my Upper body workouts.

Texas Savage
03-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Diet is going well.

Deads: 330x3
Pullups 3x5 37.5-pr
front squat 185x8

Texas Savage
04-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Had a bad upper body day. Inclines did not go well.
But hit 140x5 twice on OHP. felt good.

today squats:

275x3
230x15

Both prs!! Feels good.

heavyset
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Strong work, PRs are always nice :)

simonmobiledisco
04-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Hey, going to follow your profile this. Your posts have always shown you seem a decent guy.

Anyway.

Great lifts, terrible fashion. I look forward to watching you improve both ;) :D

I've struggle with progression on lower weight squats, but am making great progression after switch to higher reps (5 x 5 to 3 x 10) how did you find going to low reps again? What is your squat set up including warm ups

Texas Savage
04-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Strong work, PRs are always nice :)

Thanks Heavy! And they certainly are.

Hey, going to follow your profile this. Your posts have always shown you seem a decent guy.

Anyway.

Great lifts, terrible fashion. I look forward to watching you improve both ;) :D

I've struggle with progression on lower weight squats, but am making great progression after switch to higher reps (5 x 5 to 3 x 10) how did you find going to low reps again? What is your squat set up including warm ups

Thanks man, and dont be hatin on the fashion. Southern Frat/prep.

For squats i also had a hard time progressing on just low reps. I would always hit a wall and then form would turn to crap. Dont know if this is you or not. Ive done a lot of hamstring work. RDLs, GHR, Reverse Hypers and i think it has helped for sure! Also my rep scheme 1x3,1x15 has helped. I can go a little heavier each one on the three and then the set of 15 i just go balls out.

Squat set up:

Barxwhatever.
135x8
185x4
225x2
255x1
Work sets:
270x3
230x15

This way i can slowly push up my overall strength and still get some serious leg size and strength from the high rep set.

Did i help at all?

simonmobiledisco
04-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks brother.

I spent a long time struggle with reps of 5. But since switching to 3 x 10s then dropping 20% and doing super deep pauses. It's going great.

However I'm trying to get better at priming my CNS. I think my warm up is too long on squats and too little on bench. I never feel consistently 'ready' if that makes sense

Texas Savage
04-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Let me know how it goes for you!!

Deadlifts today:
335x3-good form, felt good!!

Pullups bw+40 3x5 pr!!

Texas Savage
04-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Well my diet has been horrible lately. Between my younger sister, mine, and older sisters birthdays, we've had a lot of sweets around the house.

I'm starting my cut today. Weighed 190 this morning.

Routine will stay 3x a week.
Cardio 1-3x per week.
Looking to drop 2lbs or so a week from now until summer. 7 weeks. I'll probably lose a bit more than that the first two, from very high carb to low carb. Depending on water weight I lose, my goal is to be 174-178 by summer.

NorwegianGuy92
04-11-2011, 03:31 PM
I know you have the determination to do it, so I'm sure it will be a successful cut :)

Texas Savage
04-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I know you have the determination to do it, so I'm sure it will be a successful cut :)

I know I can do it. It'll be different now though than previous cuts. All my previous cuts have been for wrestling so I basically had to make weight, no option. This is just for personal satisfaction, looks. But I have some strong motivation to get it done.

Also I asked a girl to prom this past weekend. Said yes! She is extremely pretty so I'm feeling good!

NorwegianGuy92
04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Good stuff :D

Texas Savage
04-11-2011, 07:02 PM
20 minute run through the neighborhood and i am WIPED! 85 degrees outside plus humidity...

felt good though.

Texas Savage
04-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Did some Db bench tonight.

80x8
90x6
100x10( meant to be a 5rep set) but just cranked them out.

After that I felt a lack of energy. Hit 120x8 on OHP. Other than that no prs, or good lifts.

Not the best workout. But set a pr so I should be happy. It's just hard when I compare progress to last year when I was shooting up 5-10lbs a workout and setting prs on everything. I think I just need to focus on making prs when I do, I'm still setting them every workout just not on the lifts I'm looking to improve.

Texas Savage
04-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Well its been a while since i last posted. Only got one workout in last week. Life has thrown me a couple curveballs but im dealing with them. College decision being one of them.

Lost 3.5lbs the first week of diet. Perfectly strict. Its a bit more than i was shooting for, but im willing to bet half of it at least was water.

I have been hesitant to post my diet, but im doing Keto. i enjoy the way im able to eat, and its easier for me to go no carb, as opposed to low carb. I already feel and look leaner in my shoulders. And ive lost all bloat that i felt i was carrying.

Texas Savage
04-23-2011, 01:37 PM
After a lot of thought i am no longer attending College of charleston in the fall.

I will now be going to texas a&m!!

Texas Savage
04-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Work out today:

Deadlift 320x2. Just did not feel right, plus my lower back was bugging me from way i slept or something.
Box squats 185x5(2). Same problem from deadlifts.

pullups bw +40, plus they were easier than last time. Will go up.

Upper body tomorrow.

twitch
04-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Sleeping on my stomach feels comfortable for my wood, but it hurts my lower back. Save yourself some trouble shooting and roll over.
As always keep lifting.

Texas Savage
04-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Sleeping on my stomach feels comfortable for my wood, but it hurts my lower back. Save yourself some trouble shooting and roll over.
As always keep lifting.

Ive always slept on my stomach, and the only times i can fall asleep flat are when im unbelievably tired, or in certain beds. But i still usually dont have back issues. Just happened.

Thanks twitch, you too.

Texas Savage
04-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Dumbell bench 3x10
80x90x100
OHP 120x8---> PR
pullovers 100x10

Texas Savage
04-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Weight: 185.4

Gained .2 But considering it was easter and all, i definitely am happy with it. I ate so much food last night. No carbs but just a ton of food.

Cardio later on today.

disciple X
04-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Dumbell bench 3x10
80x90x100
OHP 120x8---> PR
pullovers 100x10

simple and effective... i like it...

Texas Savage
04-25-2011, 03:27 PM
simple and effective... i like it...

I had a couple other small lifts. Those were the highlights and where i put most of my effort into.

Texas Savage
04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
First squat workout in a while.
1x3,15
not a pr but I maintained and considering I've lost some weight and haven't squatted in over two weeks.
Rdls 2x10
chinups 3x8 +25, hit 8 twice then 5.
Some core work.

Texas Savage
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Back is destroyed from yesterdays workout. Rdls and chins got me good.

Today's workout:
incline db bench 3x8
75,85,95 pr!
machine flies 2x10
160 pr!
Closegrip bench 6,5,4
200,210,225 more prs!!

Definitely a good workout!!

simonmobiledisco
04-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Good work. Keep it up

Texas Savage
05-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks Simon.

Workout today:

Deads: 335x5. Deadlifts are finally starting to "click" again. Form was good, and i felt explosive.
Pullups 3x5 with +45. Pr!

Was out of town this weekend at a fraternity thing, and a big fundraiser for cancer overnight. Broke Keto.

Will report weight back next monday. Im looking to be about 184. That'd be ideal at least.

Hopefully ill wake up tomorrow motivated enough to do morning cardio.

Texas Savage
05-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Workout today:

DB bench: 2x10,15 pr!
OHP. 8,2x5
125,135 8repPR!
pullovers 3x10
85,95,100 increased workload
side raises 2x10
30's pr!

My gyms dumbells max out at 100. On third set of bench I got ten like I wanted and just kept going. On dumbell lifts I am just upping the weight prior to the last set until I'm doing 100's for each set. At that point I'll have gained a good amount of strength and I'll change my routine up to something like dips and then db bench.

Texas Savage
05-08-2011, 03:48 PM
picture from grad party i went to. Sometimes i forget how damn good i look. hahah im kidding. But i was stylin and im starting to fill out clothes better in shoulders and arms, and now i am starting to tuck in shirts more because my waist is narrower.

Weighing myself tomorrow, will report back.

Texas Savage
05-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Reflecting on my goals from when i first started this log:

I did not hit all of my goals, but life gets in the way sometimes.

I have gotten stronger on almost all my lifts. I plateaued on some and so i switched it up a bit which i feel has helped.

I have not lost as much weight as i want, but i still have 3 more weeks, and im getting close to the level of BF i wanted. Goal was 12%, currently at 14-15.

Style: aced this one. Im glad with my dress, and am looking sharp.

Spiritual: im more in tune with what God wants for me in life, but i still am not getting into the bible daily. Need to improve

Social: making a lot of friends still, and have lost a few, just different paths. Im enjoying life!

Skipper
05-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Reflecting on my goals from when i first started this log:

I did not hit all of my goals, but life gets in the way sometimes.

I have gotten stronger on almost all my lifts. I plateaued on some and so i switched it up a bit which i feel has helped.

I have not lost as much weight as i want, but i still have 3 more weeks, and im getting close to the level of BF i wanted. Goal was 12%, currently at 14-15.

Style: aced this one. Im glad with my dress, and am looking sharp.

Spiritual: im more in tune with what God wants for me in life, but i still am not getting into the bible daily. Need to improve

Social: making a lot of friends still, and have lost a few, just different paths. Im enjoying life!

Always enjoying to read whats going on in here. When you say getting into the bible, how much do you strive to read daily? Thats something I've gotta start doing also.

Texas Savage
05-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Always enjoying to read whats going on in here. When you say getting into the bible, how much do you strive to read daily? Thats something I've gotta start doing also.

I honestly don't know how long. Right now I'm not going to focus on time. But more just doing it. Whether my reading+thinking adds up to ten minutes or 30. I think for now I need to get in the habit of making it a daily part of my life, the same way I've made dieting so natural that I hardly think about it. I want getting into the word to be the same way.

Texas Savage
05-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Here are my last two workouts:

Squat: not even gonna say, i was not feeling it. Bad.
RDLs: 225 2x8 PR!
Chinups 3x8 with 25lbs pr!

Today:

Incline DB Bench 3x8
80,90,100(pr!)
Close grip 6,5,4
210,220,230(pr!)

Good workouts for sure! minus the squat part, it just felt so off? One of those days. but the rest was good.

Once i hit 3x8 with hundreds on Incline or stop progressing, ill raise the incline degree.

heavyset
05-10-2011, 10:17 AM
You're a strong presser. Congrats on the PR!

Texas Savage
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
You're a strong presser. Congrats on the PR!

I have ideal mechanics for pressing, it just feels so natural.

Thanks! After this wave of db incline and flat bench I'm looking forward to breaking prs on bar bench press.

disciple X
05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
keep at it on all accounts man...

Texas Savage
05-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Deadlifts 350x5(+15 from last week) felt good. Form is solid.
Pullups 3x5 with 47.5 Another Pr.

Texas Savage
05-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Dumbell bench 3x10
100 definitely a Pr! And I have maxed out the DBs on dumbell bench. I'll be switching it out with a new lift soon. Any suggestions?

OHP 125x8135(2x5)
I have been able to increase my 8 rep but the five rep hasn't gone up at all.

Pullovers 3x10
will look to hit 3x10 on these next week.

Fortunately a&m's campus weightroom has Db's up to 140 or so. Looking forward to them.

heavyset
05-14-2011, 02:26 PM
You could always try paused db work, band resisted db presses, high reps, etc. if you're maxing out em dbs. Nice work!

Texas Savage
05-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Squat has just not felt right lately. Just could not do anything under the bar yesterday.
Leg press 1x50 absolutely torched my legs
rdls 2x10 235
chinups 3x8 30( but I didn't get all the reps)

OKUMatt
05-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Keep it moving =]

Texas Savage
05-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Incline db bench 3x8

Deads 1x3
355 pr!
box squats 2x5
215 pr!
pullups 3x5
50 pr!

Texas Savage
05-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Today I switched out dumbell bench for decline. My personal best is 285x4
I hit 285x3. I figure I should progress up some on this next week.
OHP
130x8
140(2x5)
pullovers
3x10(100)

I'll be making a new thread in the main forums in a little bit. And I'll copy and paste it here.

Texas Savage
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
For anyone who missed my thread in the offtopic/general section, here it is:

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31919&page=2

reading that will help preface what I'm about to write.

Right now I am very satisfied with my strength levels, and my size. I'm stronger on most lifts, and I am very much functionally stronger. I never thought I'd reach a point where I was content with where I stand, but I have. Now I just want to finish what I've started. I want to get leaner. I'm currently around 190, and I would guess 14-15% bf. I'll post a pic when I get home. I have always strength trained and tried to get stronger. My goals were to hit 350 benc, 495 deadlift. But I just don't have the drive or motivation to do that. I simply don't care.

Don't get me wrong though. I love working out, pushing myself, testing my boundaries. My training is just going to look different. I still have some strength goals I want to hit. I still want to push my deadlift up, so I'll keep strength training there. And then I'll a few others as well.

These are my last strength goals for now: both are achievable in the next week or two.

deadlift 365x3
incline Db bench 3x8 100

after I hit those I'll have new goals:
10% body fat
deadlift 340x10
pullups +70 3x5
chinups +45 3x8

I'm happy with the size I have in my shoulders, chest, tris. And I plan to
maintain that strngth and size. I really just want to widen my back a bit more. I'll focus on chinups and pullups a lot more the next few months. Expect to see workouts centered around these two.
I plan to just pack on a bit of mass in my back and other than that just lean and out get more "athletic". I'll be doing more running, hill sprints, sled pulling, and more endurance work on some lifts.

I'm excited to see what my body will look like after a few months of this.

mjc565
05-26-2011, 08:49 PM
good luck! with the amount of dedication you have, you'll be fine.

disciple X
05-26-2011, 09:56 PM
sounds like a plan...

heavyset
05-26-2011, 11:55 PM
You are young and with really impressive lifts. Like ex said, just keep training and you will probably reach your strength goals in the long run, even if you don't care much about them.

Texas Savage
05-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Bodyfat may be a bit higher 15-16.

Texas Savage
06-03-2011, 10:08 PM
last few workouts:

Paused squats(deep): 185 2x10
Power clean: 200 3x3
RDLs 2x8 240(5lb pr)
Pullups 3x5(52.5) will go for again, got 13/15 reps.

Incline DBB: 100x8
Smith Machine Military: 135/55/75 6/5/4
close grip 155 2x8, 1 minute rest.

Pretty poor workout above, i was in a hurry, just finished 8 hrs of work, ehh. I also think im gonna rewrite that workout in general, didnt feel good.

Deadlifts tonight:
365x3, 320x10
Current prs, but not all time prs.
Leg press 1x50 -destroyed my legs.
Chinups 3x8, 25

mjc565
06-03-2011, 10:44 PM
low volume, yet very effective looking workouts. good stuff.

What's your plan with conditioning stuff you're looking into?

Also, is that 135 on each side for the Smith presses?

Texas Savage
06-04-2011, 08:05 AM
low volume, yet very effective looking workouts. good stuff.

What's your plan with conditioning stuff you're looking into?

Also, is that 135 on each side for the Smith presses?

No, 135 total. It was too easy though, need to go up.

And I just started a job. 7:00-3:30 during the week. Half construction labor half assisting the Project manager. So I haven't had much energy to go run hill sprints in the evening.

But our group of friends plays soccer
most nights of the summer. We aren't good at all, but I usually get a good amount of running in.

Texas Savage
06-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Well I've been gone for a couple of weeks. Went to Gulf Shores, Alabama with the family for a week. And then i went on a missions trip to Atlanta, Georgia for a week with my youth group. Both trips were awesome and ill go in details on the Mission trip later.

But with being out of the gym for two weeks, not many good food options, ive gained some weight. Bout 195 right now. But im back, and ill be getting in the gym, and hitting my cardio again. Just a matter of time before im back down to 184 or 180, which i feel is my ideal weight.

Texas Savage
06-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Deadlift 370x3, 325x10 Closing in on old PR's.
Chinups 3x8, close grip. +25

OKUMatt
06-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Deadlift 370x3, 325x10 Closing in on old PR's.
Chinups 3x8, close grip. +25

325x10. Nice work.

Texas Savage
06-22-2011, 09:04 AM
325x10. Nice work.

Thanks matt.

Bench 285x3, 235x9
Machine flies 170x10
OHP 135x5
Tricep extensions 2x10

I work 7-3:30 on a construction site. So I've reduced the volume a lot. Still hitting big numbers, just not as many sets. Im also doing a few weeks of keto before I leave town again. Vacations are killing my gym progress, but I don't care that much. Worth it.

Texas Savage
06-25-2011, 11:44 AM
About to go workout, will post back later.

In the meantime id like to go into a different portion of what this log was started on: My spiritual walk. For those who have followed my log at all you may know that my faith is very important to me.

The last few months has been hard, not getting into the college i wanted to go to, the way wrestling season ended for me, and just some small stuff in between. Up until then i struggled with being too prideful. And these things have certainly brought me back to a humble state.

Last summer i went to El Salvador on a mission trip and it was awesome. It certainly broadened my world perspective, and it really made me realize how great i have it. Two parents, still married, still love each other, a supportive family, close friends who would do anything for me and a community that breeds success. All of that is great.

This year our Youth Groups mission trip was to Atlanta, Georgia. And to be honest i was not that excited when the destination was announced. I've been on mission trips to Mexico(twice), New Orleans, El Salvador. I wanted to go somewhere International. Traditionally the junior and senior classes go somewhere like that. In the past there has been Ukraine, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Peru, and El Salvador. I was really looking forward to going somewhere like that.

Even though it was to Atlanta, i signed up for the trip, fundraised and tried my best to prepare myself to enjoy the trip and know that it was still a good place to bring God's love.
___

The trip itself:
In the mornings we did service work, painting, helping out the Salvation Army, Food pantry stuff, and just bettering the community there.

For lunch we ate with the Salvation Army, they were hosting a kids camp, all black, inner city atlanta. Kids whose parents either both worked, or didnt want to have to deal with them.

In the afternoons we held a vacation Bible school program in two low income, mostly illegal immigrant neighborhoods.

At Night we had free time, attended a church service(all black church), and we fed the homeless.

The trip was awesome, we served the people in the area, loved on all the kids, and did our best to show Gods love to everyone we met. We prayed for people, we fed people, and just served the people God calls us to lead. The widows, orphans, the hungry.
____

My personal growth from this trip:

I had an awesome experience and unlike other mission trips i had been on that really broadened my world perspective and made me feel grateful, this trip actually brought much more spiritual growth and understanding to my life.

Ive known for a while that God was calling me to go into Ministry. But i had always sort of ignored that, and decided i was going to follow the plan i had: study business, internships, get a job, get paid, live life and go to church on sundays.

After this trip i know that i want to continue forward with ministry. I do not know what kind yet. It could be homeless, prison, high school youth group, pastor at a church, or I could go on mission somewhere. I have no idea where god is calling me to. But at this point ive decided to follow him wherever.

As of now i am going to A&m and in the Business Honors program. But i am deciding on whether i want to change my major to religion, and then go to Seminary. Or stick with Business and then go to Seminary.

Either way this is a big update in my life. And for those of you who do not believe in God, or do not believe in the same God or idea of God as I do. Thats fine. but i hope you will read this, understand where im coming from, and maybe explore your own spirituality some.

thsfootball
06-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Maybe I missed it, but what fell through with charleston?

Texas Savage
06-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe I missed it, but what fell through with charleston?

You must have. I got into A&m's business school, and just sorta realized that it would be a better fit for my personality and who i am. Charleston would be a lot of fun, but it just isnt quite me. A&m is closer to home but still far enough away.

Texas Savage
06-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Saturdays workout:

Did a few sets of squat with 225.
Widegrip pullups 3x10 +25
Curls
Core work

Later in the afternoon I did some hill sprints. 5 of them. Sprint up, slow jog down. Probably a 100 yards or so up the hill. Very steep hill.
My hammies and quads are still sore.

If work isn't too bad today then I'll hit some upper body tonight. Either dips, or maybe some incline.

Texas Savage
06-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Dips +90x5
Widegrip bench 205x8,235x4

Texas Savage
06-28-2011, 08:22 AM
It's 7:30 in the morning. It's already 90 degrees outside. And I'm about to start work: construction. Thankfully I get all the easy jobs since my dad is an exec. But even standing still outside is exhausting in this heat.

Current weight 191
Lost six lbs in about a week and a half. A LOT of that is water weight. Super high carb(3-400) a day to no carb.

I also went and played soccer with some friends yesterday and did quite a bit of running.

disciple X
06-28-2011, 09:48 AM
mission trip sounds awesome man... nothing like giving back. keep at it.

Texas Savage
06-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks disciple.

Deadlifts 370x3,330x10 both 5lb prs and I'm closingin on last years pr.

Last week my deadlift was actually 365x3.

Then chinups +27.5x8
Abs

NorwegianGuy92
06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Nice work in here :)

Texas Savage
07-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice work in here :)

Thanks Norwegian!

Bench 290x3, 235x10.

The three rep wasnt too bad. I couldnt have gotten a 4th, but it wasnt a max effort three. The first rep was incredibly explosive, felt good.

Last week i got 235x9, this week i got ten. I shouldve kept going. I could have gotten at least one more, maybe two.

heavyset
07-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Strong bench, you're a gifted presser. I bet you could put up some serious numbers if you really committed to it. But lifting is not the most important thing in life. Good to see you doing mission trips, you have my utmost respect bro. Good luck!

Texas Savage
07-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Strong bench, you're a gifted presser. I bet you could put up some serious numbers if you really committed to it. But lifting is not the most important thing in life. Good to see you doing mission trips, you have my utmost respect bro. Good luck!

Thanks Heavy, that means a lot. And i realized a while back that i am gifted at pressing, and its something i enjoy. I know that i could hit some big time numbers on bench if i went for it. But to be honest, it isnt a huge deal for me. Ill continue to get stronger, but i work out to have fun, improve my body and health, and as a means to relieve stress. Working out used to control my life and i was obsessed, not a good thing to be.

Mission trips is where my passion lies right now, so thats what im focusing on.

Either way, im hoping to triple 315 or one rep 340 by the end of the calendar year.

Texas Savage
07-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Workout today: just wanted to push myself and do whatever I felt like as long as it was legs or back.

Squats: 6 sets
225x5,4,3 deep, paused
185x(3x8)

In between each set of squat I did 5 dead hang pullups.
Pullups 4x5 +45, 1x5 +35

Then rdls 2x10 with 240 5lb pr!
Alternated 2x3 dead hang wide pullups +25

Leg press 3x10
Alternated 3x3 pullups paused, slow descent.

Reverse hypers 25,35,45,35,25
Rep range: 8,6,5,6,15
3 pullups between sets.

Some curls.

2x20 paused leg extensions.
1x10 LONG paused extensions.

Anyways my legs and back are fried.

Texas Savage
07-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Went for a 35 minute jog through the neighborhood. Feels good!

NorwegianGuy92
07-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Strong pull-ups, nice work.

Texas Savage
07-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Strong pull-ups, nice work.

Thanks Norwegian.

i was up at Texas A&m for Orientation to sign up for classes and everything. A few things to say:

worked out at the rec center up there.

dumbell bench 105x6
close grip 225x6

I signed up for classes. With all of my AP credit, i am going into freshman year with 29 hours. Most freshman typically finish the year with 30. So im basically a sophomore.

My advisor told me she only wants me to take 12 hours because i am so far ahead already.

im taking:
Business Calculus
Business 101(honors)
Information systems(honors, sophomore level class)
Political science-state and local government- Sophomore level class.

My earliest class all week is 9:10, and my latest ends at 12:20.

Skipper
07-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks Norwegian.

i was up at Texas A&m for Orientation to sign up for classes and everything. A few things to say:

worked out at the rec center up there.

dumbell bench 105x6
close grip 225x6

I signed up for classes. With all of my AP credit, i am going into freshman year with 29 hours. Most freshman typically finish the year with 30. So im basically a sophomore.

My advisor told me she only wants me to take 12 hours because i am so far ahead already.

im taking:
Business Calculus
Business 101(honors)
Information systems(honors, sophomore level class)
Political science-state and local government- Sophomore level class.

My earliest class all week is 9:10, and my latest ends at 12:20.

Opinions are like a-holes, everyones got one...

With that said IMO your counselor is dead wrong. You've proven with your 29 credits that you are smart, why would you go from all AP classes in high school to a light 12 credit semester. At least in my field of study the more credits you plow through early on the more options you have later. The more BS classes you can take now, the less will be in your way when you decide you want to double major, take two minors, et cetera.

Good luck either way TS

Texas Savage
07-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Opinions are like a-holes, everyones got one...

With that said IMO your counselor is dead wrong. You've proven with your 29 credits that you are smart, why would you go from all AP classes in high school to a light 12 credit semester. At least in my field of study the more credits you plow through early on the more options you have later. The more BS classes you can take now, the less will be in your way when you decide you want to double major, take two minors, et cetera.

Good luck either way TS

Thanks for the opinion! I respect it, but ill stick with what i have.

Im taking two honors business classes as it is, and another sophomore level class. And the other sophomore classes: accounting, economics are full already, no openings. The only other classes i couldve added were international study class(which i can get credit for automatically if i study abroad), or a general elective- which is pointless because ill end up getting my general electives when i get a minor or double major.

I also have to maintain a 3.6gpa to stay in the Honors Program. Shouldnt be too difficult, but its better this way for first semester. Especially since ill be pledging.

Regardless thank you for your thoughts, i know that second semester ill be taking a fuller load.

mjc565
07-09-2011, 06:34 PM
try to maintain a high GPA from the beginning of your college career. it goes a long way and will act as a buffer for your cumulative # when you graduate. which means there's no need to go so hard in your first year (at least IMO). Try to strike a perfect balance in meeting new people, having fun yet being academically successful. I know many kids who regret taking difficult courses their freshman year (just because they thought they'll do well in them and they took many higher level courses in hs).

Just my 2 cents. good luck TS!

OKUMatt
07-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Make sure you keep your grades up when pledging. I know a lot of guys that loved the greek culture and pledge process, but regretted it because it tanked their grades.

Texas Savage
07-16-2011, 04:36 PM
try to maintain a high GPA from the beginning of your college career. it goes a long way and will act as a buffer for your cumulative # when you graduate. which means there's no need to go so hard in your first year (at least IMO). Try to strike a perfect balance in meeting new people, having fun yet being academically successful. I know many kids who regret taking difficult courses their freshman year (just because they thought they'll do well in them and they took many higher level courses in hs).

Just my 2 cents. good luck TS!

Thanks mjc! i appreciate the advice, and i definitely know better now to go in and start making good grades off the start.

Make sure you keep your grades up when pledging. I know a lot of guys that loved the greek culture and pledge process, but regretted it because it tanked their grades.

Well i dont drink, and the main thing im looking for in a fraternity is the brotherhood and just a good group of guys. parties will be fun, but ill be able to strike a good balance.

Been gone for a week and a half. First workout back:

Bench 305x1- not too difficult.
240x11 big PR
accessory work.

heavyset
07-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Nice PR, well done TS

Texas Savage
07-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Nice PR, well done TS

Thanks Heavy!

Ill post back tonight or tomorrow to detail some updates in my life.

Texas Savage
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Update on spiritual life: My walk with god.

I went on a church retreat this past week, it was awesome! Just a great time to spend in fellowship and praising god for all he has done. I just felt further called to a life of ministry. And the past few weeks i have been reading a book called: God's Generals by Roberts Liardon. It tells the story of evangelists in history. John and Charles Wesley founding methodism. George Whitefield continuing that. Jonathan Edwards. I've read about those four so far, there are several more.

One thing i've noted is while they all knew that salvation with God could not be earned and that it was faith based. They still studied and read with diligence because they knew it would help them better minister and witness to people. So i've started reading and journaling a lot more. Plus i have an idea that i presented to our Youth pastor and he said he would give me the opportunity to give a sermon to our high school youth group.

My workout today:

Deadlifts 375x3, 335x10
chinups 3x8 +27.5

Texas Savage
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A4cN6EYp3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhwyEVJ82BI

Its about time i got around to uploading these.

Theyre the same video. Second one is a repeat of the takedown.

Texas Savage
07-21-2011, 01:08 PM
The inconsistency of my summer has been killing me gym progress. Being out of town and on vacation is killing my diet. But its been a great summer and im enjoying myself.

Right now i weigh about 200. Starting my cut today:
running keto: its my preferred way to eat and diet. Unfortunately, social life usually makes it hard to. Oh well.
Lifting: 3x a week.
Cardio: playing soccer/frisbee with friends. Or going for a jog on my own.

I'm hoping to get down to about 185 by the time school starts. Even if i have to lose a bit of muscle. I can put muscle on my frame easily, getting lean and staying lean is much harder for me. Ive gained some good mass in my back, and chest.

Workout today:
Widegrip bench: 3x8(165,185,205), 1x6 225
Paused normal grip 1x5 245
DB incline(almost military) 3x8 65,75,85(pr!)
Some core work and facepulls.

Texas Savage
07-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Also i went on a little date yesterday. Girl is smoking hot. A year younger then me, so going to be a senior. And ive got another date set up for when she gets back from out of town. Unfortunately i leave in a few weeks, and im not looking to date someone going into college. But who knows what can happen. At least hoping to go on a few more dates.

heavyset
07-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Update on spiritual life: My walk with god.

I went on a church retreat this past week, it was awesome! Just a great time to spend in fellowship and praising god for all he has done. I just felt further called to a life of ministry. And the past few weeks i have been reading a book called: God's Generals by Roberts Liardon. It tells the story of evangelists in history. John and Charles Wesley founding methodism. George Whitefield continuing that. Jonathan Edwards. I've read about those four so far, there are several more.

If you wanna check some pastors out i can recommend a few. Paul Washer is a very humble and godly man, he has a lot of vids on youtube. John MacArthur has very interesting and profound way of teaching bible, verse by verse. John Piper is a very good teacher aswell. I also like to watch Dave Hunt. David Pawson has a good Bible teaching book/vids called Unlocking the Bible.

Texas Savage
07-21-2011, 05:19 PM
If you wanna check some pastors out i can recommend a few. Paul Washer is a very humble and godly man, he has a lot of vids on youtube. John MacArthur has very interesting and profound way of teaching bible, verse by verse. John Piper is a very good teacher aswell. I also like to watch Dave Hunt. David Pawson has a good Bible teaching book/vids called Unlocking the Bible.

Thanks heavy!! I'll definitely check out those videos and people!

Texas Savage
07-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Bench today:
320x1
330x1
245x11

Definitely hit some big PRs today!
Increased my best one rep max on bench 15 lbs!! and my 10 rep is probably around 250.

I definitely was pumped up for those sets, and 320 flew up so i went for 330, and nailed it. Adrenaline was pumping. a big part of my pump up was just praying to god, so thanks be to him.

thsfootball
07-24-2011, 07:13 PM
A frat?

Can you explain why you have chosen to join a fraternity? Just for the "brotherhood"? You seem to be a bit too far mentally for your age to fall into one of these.

Just curious really, and maybe it's just been the people that I've asked, but I can't make any sense of it.

Texas Savage
07-24-2011, 09:37 PM
A frat?

Can you explain why you have chosen to join a fraternity? Just for the "brotherhood"? You seem to be a bit too far mentally for your age to fall into one of these.

Just curious really, and maybe it's just been the people that I've asked, but I can't make any sense of it.

I haven't chosen to join a fraternity. Not in the slightest. Im considering it. If i had to say right now, i wouldn't pledge just because of time and its not something i really am dying to do.

With that said, I'm going to rush and see if i like it, if i get a bid, if i want to or not. Fraternities at A&m are different than most. Parties are fun, even if i don't drink, the girls in sororities, brotherhood, post-college connections. They are a whole lot of fun.

Bad experience with a fraternity?

thsfootball
07-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Ohh ok

Just never understood the logic. The logic of paying a stupid amount of money to have friends never made sense to me. My best friend joined a frat and I joined the military. After dropping out of cOllege a year later, he is also now in the military and laughs that he was a "frat boy."

Hung around them a lot. Just a bunch of rich white kids that want to be in some sort of gang (that you have to pay to be in, lol)
A brotherhood that's built around paying your monetary dues and countless drunken nights doesn't sound like a brotherhood I would want. Now camaraderie from the military (namely the marines) is a real brotherhood IMO

Texas Savage
07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Ohh ok

Just never understood the logic. The logic of paying a stupid amount of money to have friends never made sense to me. My best friend joined a frat and I joined the military. After dropping out of cOllege a year later, he is also now in the military and laughs that he was a "frat boy."

Hung around them a lot. Just a bunch of rich white kids that want to be in some sort of gang (that you have to pay to be in, lol)
A brotherhood that's built around paying your monetary dues and countless drunken nights doesn't sound like a brotherhood I would want. Now camaraderie from the military (namely the marines) is a real brotherhood IMO

Different opinions. I can recognize that there is more to a fraternity than getting drunk and partying. Although the parties are fun. And there is no way id join the military. I have the utmost respect for anyone who does, just not my thing.

aaron
07-26-2011, 03:14 PM
sorry english guy here. what the hell is a fraternity??? hahah

Texas Savage
07-26-2011, 06:24 PM
sorry english guy here. what the hell is a fraternity??? hahah

Wikipedia it. But if we want to discuss fraternities lets start a thread in general discussion, not my training log. Sorry guys.
___

Deadlifts: 380x3, 340x10
chinups 3x8, +30

Also im still stoked about my bench max, ill be getting a vid this week, probably either going to go for 340 or hit a set of 2-3 with 320.

Texas Savage
07-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Weighed in this morning at 191.2
Goal was 191 so I'm happy!

Caspa
07-28-2011, 06:01 AM
nice log bro defo. gonna check your progress out, and nice takedown in your Wrestling vid.

Texas Savage
07-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Wide grip bench 3x8
Paused normal grip
255x4

Db incline(almost military)
70,80 x8 90x5

Almost a close grip Floor press
135x8
155x8
185x8
155x8 reverse grip floor press
First time doing floor presses.

Texas Savage
07-29-2011, 09:48 PM
nice log bro defo. gonna check your progress out, and nice takedown in your Wrestling vid.

And thanks man! Be looking out for a bench pr next week.

Texas Savage
08-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Did some legs today, but got caught short. Hammies started cramping up.

185x5
225x5
245x3
255x3
225x8
185x8
In between each set I did pullups.
4x5, 8 with +45

Texas Savage
08-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Its been about two weeks since i last posted. Ive had a couple of workouts but i was gone a lot.

Rush stuff for two days, Fish Camp, Another freshman camp.

I moved in today though!! Officially in college! It rocks.

Texas Savage
08-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Worked out yesterday for the first time on Campus. Wasnt my best workout. Oh well.

I met a guy from another school who wrestled as well. He got 6th in state. We went and worked out today. Pushed each other pretty well.

Powerclean:
155x8
165x5
175x5
185x5

Pullups 5x5 +45

heavyset
08-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Always nice to have like-minded lifting partners at the gym, makes you push a lot harder.

Texas Savage
08-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Definitely important heavy.
Dumbell bench
80x10
90x8
100x6
115x4

Texas Savage
09-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Pullups 5x5 +45
Db Rows: 80x10,90x10,100x10,115x10
____

Bench:275x6, 225x14
Pullups: 5x6 +45

Texas Savage
12-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Alright guys, im back. This semester of college was one of the most stressful/busy times of my life. I was in a few very difficult classes. But all is good now. I made a 3.2gpa for the semester which is alright. I need a 3.5 to stay in Honors, so next semester i have to do well, but i will have much easier classes so im happy.

Unfortunately, i neglected diet and training some this semester. Diet was non existent, and training was way too rare to make up for it. Dont really like to admit this but i definitely gained some weight.

Currently sitting at 210
Hoping to get down some over the break. My motivation to work out and train is back which is a good thing. I definitely lost that for a while. Diet is under control, and im hitting weights a few times a week.

My numbers have gone down quite a bit which sucks, but its time to start building them back up! Ill be a more frequent poster now.

Good to be back.

disciple X
12-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Welcome back. Congrats on the successful semester, now get back to work in the gym! :)

Texas Savage
12-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks Disciple.

Just hit 30 minutes of interval cardio on elliptical.

heavyset
12-22-2011, 02:02 AM
It's understandable. Strength will come back when you start training, don't worry.

NorwegianGuy92
12-22-2011, 04:04 AM
Life is stressful at times, just keep lifting man, you've got the right mindset.

Texas Savage
12-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys! And yeah the strength will come back, just need to give it time. But i definitely need to up my work capacity. I went to my high school team's wrestling practice and i am wayyyy out of shape. So the focus of my training at first will be doing a lot to get in physical shape so i can lift better.

Texas Savage
12-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Yesterday, Christmas day, a senior at my high school died from an ongoing heart condition. Very moving story. And I'd like to ask that yall watch these two videos, they tell his story and give great perspective on life and how we take things for granted. God is using this story to move people, especially hitting our community so hard on a day such as Christmas where materialism is so present.

Be praying for our community, his friends and his family. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmlTHfVaU9o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LSEXsvRAI&feature=related

Texas Savage
12-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Bench 285x3
Shoulder Press 115x8 1 minute rest
Heavy tricep accessory work.

Texas Savage
01-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Went on a ski trip with my church for 6 days as a leader, got to go for free and it was my first time to ever ski!

Workout yesterday:
Deadlift 320x5
pullups 3x5 +25
an additional 15 pullups with plus 25.
DB Rows 3x10 80,90,100
Curls 4x10
30 pullups

Gusmx
01-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Went on a ski trip with my church for 6 days as a leader, got to go for free and it was my first time to ever ski!

Workout yesterday:
Deadlift 320x5
pullups 3x5 +25
an additional 15 pullups with plus 25.
DB Rows 3x10 80,90,100
Curls 4x10
30 pullups

Nice session, and the trip must have been a lot of fun! Do you prefer skiing or snowboarding?

Texas Savage
01-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Nice session, and the trip must have been a lot of fun! Do you prefer skiing or snowboarding?

This was my first time to go skiing, and ive never snowboarding, so i guess i prefer skiing. But i really enjoyed it and am definitely hoping to go back!

Weight today was 204, lost about 3-4lbs since starting diet. Hoping to go back to school at 200.

disciple X
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Nice work brother! I can ski like a pro :) i love it! Double black diamond anyone? Lol. I've raced down double blacks... its insane!

strength and power
01-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice work brother! I can ski like a pro :) i love it! Double black diamond anyone? Lol. I've raced down double blacks... its insane!

Snowboard for me

Texas Savage
01-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Snowboard for me

I definitely want to go down a double black someday.

Workout yesterday:
Bench 2x10,15 80,90,100
Board press: 225x5 245x3
Tricep/chest accessory work.

Weighed in this morning at 203.

Texas Savage
01-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Weighed this morning at 202.5

Work out tonight:
chinups 5x8
and other backwork, nothing special. Looking to turn the 5x8 into 3x8 and add weight.

Texas Savage
01-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Went to the Salt Lick barbeque tonight. One of the best places in Texas, been on Man Vs Food. Ate a ton of ribs, brisket and sausage.

Havent been this full in ages.

B.Money
01-07-2012, 01:34 AM
lol awesome! Did man or food win?

strength and power
01-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Went to the Salt Lick barbeque tonight. One of the best places in Texas, been on Man Vs Food. Ate a ton of ribs, brisket and sausage.

Havent been this full in ages.

Been there, wasn't impressed. Make the drive to llano or new braunfels and hit up Cooper's BBQ. The smoked prime rib is awesome, and don't forget cobbler

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Texas Savage
01-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Been there, wasn't impressed. Make the drive to llano or new braunfels and hit up Cooper's BBQ. The smoked prime rib is awesome, and don't forget cobbler

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

My favorite is either Kroitzes(spelling?) or Blacks in Lockhart. My favorite barbeque is Ribs, and thats what Salt lick does best. Blacks has awesome brisket, and Kroitzes has great sausage.

strength and power
01-07-2012, 05:21 PM
My favorite is either Kroitzes(spelling?) or Blacks in Lockhart. My favorite barbeque is Ribs, and thats what Salt lick does best. Blacks has awesome brisket, and Kroitzes has great sausage.

Kreutz's does have good sausage no doubt. They are bold by not serving bbq sauce prefering to let their smoking technique and seasoning stand alone. I will be in Austin late Monday night thru Tuesday, if possible, I will give the salt lick a second chance and try the ribs. If you are a chicken fried steak fan, Mary's Cafe in Strahn is the place to go. The large will Damn near feed a family of four and is only $12 or so. Definitely a perk of my job is getting to try different places. Makes it almost impossible to maintain a diet though.

Texas Savage
01-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Kreutz's does have good sausage no doubt. They are bold by not serving bbq sauce prefering to let their smoking technique and seasoning stand alone. I will be in Austin late Monday night thru Tuesday, if possible, I will give the salt lick a second chance and try the ribs. If you are a chicken fried steak fan, Mary's Cafe in Strahn is the place to go. The large will Damn near feed a family of four and is only $12 or so. Definitely a perk of my job is getting to try different places. Makes it almost impossible to maintain a diet though.

Ill have to try it next time im not dieting.

workout today:
Bench 290x3, 225x10
Shoulder press 125 2x8
tricep work, shoulder work.
Abs

Then couple hours later, went to a two hour wrestling practice with my high school's team.

disciple X
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Thats how its done...

Texas Savage
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Thats how its done...

Thanks D.

Working out in a little bit, last workout before going back to college station.
Weighed in this morning at 200.6

Im pleased with my weight loss over the break, lost about 7-8lbs in 4 weeks. Feel much better already and am motivated to drop at least 10 more in the next months.

heavyset
01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
What did you weigh before the break? Good work TS

Texas Savage
01-11-2012, 04:48 PM
What did you weigh before the break? Good work TS

About 208.

Texas Savage
01-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Workout today:
Deadlift 330x5
pullups 5x5 27.5
more pullups, curls, some ab work.

Texas Savage
01-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Ran 3 miles a few days ago. Also had an upper body workout. Dont remember details.

Will be working out later today.

Texas Savage
01-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Back workout yesterday.

Chinups 3x8 plus 10lb. Easy.
Rows 2x10 100

Texas Savage
01-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Back is still killer from tuesday's workout.

Class schedule this semester:
Management Honors
Theater history
Religious studies: History of New Testament
Microeconomics

My favorite classes are Econ and Hist-NT. The new testament class is awesome. A ton of reading that is very high level. But it will be an extremely rewarding class to learn more about the foundation and beginnings of what i believe so strongly in. As of now we are learning about Translation history, Criticisms, different theology and interpretations.

"Theoneustos" is a greek word, translated to mean: God-Breathed. Also used in the bible as Inspiration. This is how i believe the Bible came to be.

Also went to Barnes and Noble recently and bought several christian books. That would be considered "practical theology".

Prophetic Ministry
Journey of Desire--> now reading.
Spiritual Leadership
Spiritual Warfare Strategy
The Grace Awakening
The Worship Warrior
When God writes your love story
God's generals
Where is god when it hurt
taste and see
The kingdom of cults

disciple X
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Good luck with the classes man. Let me know if any of the books are particularly good...

heavyset
01-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Sounds cool, i've just got some structural engineering courses :D

Texas Savage
01-22-2012, 11:33 PM
^Sounds horrible.

And Disciple, i really like Journey of Desire so far. Once im able to finish it ill let you know what i think. But so far its about how a lot of modern christian faith is all about suppressing desire and living out a dutiful life for Christ, not so much out of love and joy but out of obligation and "knowing we're supposed to do such and such". But the book is about releasing that desire that we've suppressed and redirecting it towards Christ, and living a life of Joy and desire that by nature will overflow into a longing to serve him and serve each other.

Been doing a ton of reading for my History of New Testament class. Read the first 20 chapters of matthew, first ten of Mark and 20 of luke, and 11 of John.

disciple X
01-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Sounds awesome! Keep me informed...

heavyset
01-23-2012, 01:35 AM
The amount of NT texts that have been found really surprised me, way more than general history texts put together.. are you reading NT textual critics? I think there's a well known scholar in Texas, daniel wallace.

Texas Savage
01-24-2012, 12:28 AM
The amount of NT texts that have been found really surprised me, way more than general history texts put together.. are you reading NT textual critics? I think there's a well known scholar in Texas, daniel wallace.

I read about 50 pages of a textbook about the sheer number of texts found. And how well lined up it is. Pages and pages of history. And we are reading textual critics. But not yet. The first chapter of one of the books talked about it some, but it will be discussed more at some point.

Texas Savage
02-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Havent posted in a while but ive been working out steadily.

I weighed in at 199.7 yesterday. First time under 200 since last april.
Pullup and chinup weight has gone up. biceps stronger, starting to lean out.

Rhodesx6
02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Congrats on getting under 200! Keep informed about your reading, Always looking for a good book!

Texas Savage
02-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Congrats on getting under 200! Keep informed about your reading, Always looking for a good book!

If you are a christian, then i strongly suggest reading the book Journey of Desire by John Elridge. It is radically changing the way i think and live.

Work out tonight went wel, went for a bit of volume.

245x5, fairly easy
225x10 hard
185x15 hard
then some push press, tricep and shoulder work.

Felt good. Diet was good today.

Texas Savage
02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Pullups 5x5, 32.5
Various rows and curls
Abs

Texas Savage
02-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Finished reading matthew, mark, luke, john and acts. Now starting Romans.

In my quiet times i am going through the book of Psalm.

Work out tonight:
pullups 5x5 +35. up another 2.5lbs.
Rows
Curls

Biceps are definitely stronger and fuller. Even got comments on them today.

I'm also campaigning to be a student senator for the business school at A&M. So thats exciting!

disciple X
02-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Keep up the good work brother!

Texas Savage
02-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Havent posted in a couple of days. Hit chest really hard on friday.

Back and Bi's tomorrow.

If i remember, ill post up some spiritual stuff ive been learning lately.

Mlalahoi
02-21-2012, 01:32 AM
IF you haven't read "The Art of Biblical Narrative" by Robert Alter, give it a glance. Very dramatically changes the way most people read the bible and enriches many of the stories.

Texas Savage
02-21-2012, 03:55 PM
IF you haven't read "The Art of Biblical Narrative" by Robert Alter, give it a glance. Very dramatically changes the way most people read the bible and enriches many of the stories.

Its on my future purchase/read list. My professor talks about Atler all the time.

Texas Savage
02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Had a great back and bi's work out tonight. Feeling pretty wiped.

Chins 3x8 +25 getting back up there. goal is to hit +45 by end of the semester.

disciple X
02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
You cant just leave it at that! You have to list some nasty weight and reps so we can ooh and aah... lol.

Texas Savage
02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Upper body day:

Didnt hit my bench sets very well.
225x8
205x10
185x12

Some incline, shoulder complex, triceps.

Definitely a good feeling work out, just didnt hit heavy sets on bench

NorwegianGuy92
02-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Sounds quite heavy to me, hehe. Good work man :)

Texas Savage
03-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Havent posted in a while. Been busy. Been lifting hard though, hit legs the other day for the first time in ages. And i did cardio sunday, bout to go on another run here in a little while.

Texas Savage
03-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Hey guys! It has been a few weeks since i last posted.

I have still been hitting the gym hard. At least 3-4 days a week. My work outs are not particularly organized or well put together. But i really enjoy them, and my body has been responding well in appearance. And my strength has been going up on certain lifts.

Powerclean: 185x5-->205x5
Pullups: 3x8--> 6x8 Non weighted
Lunges 3x8 w/35's--> 3x10 w/40's

I have been training much better lately and have begun to add legs back into my routine. Starting slowly but i am enjoying the early gains. Most of my leg training is explosive stuff. A lot of powercleans thus far, and tomorrow I am hitting some Snatches.

I am also somewhat planning on going out for club wrestling next fall. So this has been largely behind my newfound motivation to hit legs, eat healthy again.
____

Some other updates:

School is going well. Currently have a 3.25, but i know i can and will pull an A in at least one of the other classes, hopefully two. I need to pull a 3.75 this semester, and a 4.0 would be glorious.
____

I am in a discipleship group focused on accountability. It has been going really well, but we met Monday night and have decided to make some changes. We had some self-realization, and we all agreed that we did not feel like there was anything we were taking on in life that placed us in full dependence on God. So we are searching out ways for us to get to that point. Prayers would be appreciated.
____

This summer i will be interning at my church back home in either high school or middle school youth ministry. I am beyond excited and am feeling incredibly blessed to have this opportunity.
___

Last November i invested in Apple, and in January i invested a bit more into it. My cost basis for 7 shares is $402/share. Stock in Apple is now worth 603. More than a 50% increase. Definitely a good thing as i look to save up money for seminary.

Things are going well for the most part, but there is still a lot left to be had and that falls primarily in my spiritual walk.

heavyset
03-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Nice writeup, keep it rolling!

Texas Savage
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
First time to squat in ages.
5x10 with 135. Just doing good form.
5x5 Snatch 115
Plyos, step-ups, farmers walks
shrugs

Not a bad workout.

Texas Savage
04-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Still working out hard. Hit another leg workout, slowly building it back in. I don't want to go balls to the wall on legs for a while. Plus i'm adding in olympic lifts

Squat 5x10 155
Snatch 3x5 135
Plyos
Abs

Tonight I am writing up a routine, and hopefully some sort of diet.

Texas Savage
04-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Decided on a set routine tonight. It is an old one that I ran and had the most success on.

Dips 3x8,5
Incline DBB 3x8
3bd Bench 3x8 speed
Close grip 2x6,5,4
had to skip due to time constraints
Chins to failure: 14
Weighted Abs 3x20

Texas Savage
04-03-2012, 04:43 PM
20 minutes on stair stepper for cardio this morning.

Texas Savage
04-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Powerclean 5x5
Front squat 3x8
Narrow Chins 5x8
BW+5
Wide Chins 3x5
+5
Reverse Hypers
2x15
Curls

Texas Savage
04-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Diet written up:

Workout days:2200 cals, 57,34,9 % p/f/c
296p,81f,50c grams

Non-Workout days: 1800 55/43/2 % P/f/c
235p, 83f, 8c Grams

heavyset
04-09-2012, 01:29 AM
You trying to cut? Sounds like low cals for a guy like you!

Texas Savage
04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
You trying to cut? Sounds like low cals for a guy like you!

Yeah im cutting. And Cals are low, but im eating a ton of food it seems like. Still get 250-300g of protein a day.

just trying to lean out a bit by summer, and maybe add a couple lbs of muscle where i can.

Suggestions?

heavyset
04-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm no expert, just know what works for me, but that 2200-1800 sounds very low. I was around 2100-2000 when i was cutting with IA and he said to me i had one of the slowest metabolism out of his trainees. Are you planning a longer cut or just a few weeks? If you aiming for a longer cut then perhaps you starting too low... but i guess you know yourself better! :)

Texas Savage
04-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm no expert, just know what works for me, but that 2200-1800 sounds very low. I was around 2100-2000 when i was cutting with IA and he said to me i had one of the slowest metabolism out of his trainees. Are you planning a longer cut or just a few weeks? If you aiming for a longer cut then perhaps you starting too low... but i guess you know yourself better! :)

My metabolism is slow. The biggest thing is that i am incredibly carb sensitive. So i cut down on carbs when i cut, and the 300g of protein is the most i can stomach these days with the budget im on.

But i also am only doing a short cut. Probably 4-5 weeks max followed by a 2-3 week maintenance or a little above and then another slow cut. Right now i am weighing about 208 and i want to be under 200 by the end of the school year(may 5th) with an extremely long term goal of 180(end of summer, or next fall). Ideally over the summer i would get down to 190 and recomp a bit from there.

Texas Savage
04-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Morning cardio:
20 minutes walking, 10 running, 10 intervals
50 full situps

Night workout:
Bench 255x5,225x11
Paused DB bench 3x10
Military 3x8
Flies 3x10
Chinsxfailure
tricep extensions 5x10

Texas Savage
04-11-2012, 03:45 AM
Pulling an all-nighter to study for my management/business law exam

Not much fun. Might not be getting in a work out tomorrow.

Texas Savage
04-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Dips 3x8,5
Incline DBB 3x8
More...
Chins to failure
Abs

______
Squat 3x10
RDL 2x10
Narrow chins 5x8
Wide pullups 3x5
Biceps
Shrugs
ABs

Weight down to 204 from 210.

Texas Savage
04-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Weight down to 202-203 range.

Bench: 265x3, 230x13
Decline DB Paused 3x10
Flies 3x10
Tricep Extensions
Abs

Had to skip OHP due to time.

Sumo-Deadlifts 315x8 first time to DL in forever
Leg press 1x20
Pullups 5x5
30(+5)
Biceps

Had to skip DB Rows, and Lunges due to time.

Texas Savage
04-26-2012, 03:51 AM
Ran 2 miles tonight. Absolutely wiped. Gotta get down to 200 soon!

Texas Savage
05-08-2012, 03:47 AM
It has been a rough couple of weeks. Finals are over, which means my freshman year has come to a close. I have learned a lot this year, ill probably write a detailed post tomorrow. But for now, Tonights workout:

Dips 3x8,5
37.5, 42.5, 55, 75
Incline DBB 3x8
85's

Texas Savage
05-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Powerclean 5x5
Front squat 2x8
5x8 chinups
+7.5
Bicep work
Calf raises 4x20

Watched the movie Limitless last night. It has motivated me to get some work done. Wrote up a to-do list today and goals for summer on a number of different things ranging from school work, work, my spiritual life, working out, ectera. I have gotten a lot done today and am ready for another chapter in life.

Mlalahoi
05-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Congrats on finishing your first year! I also keep a plan with my long term goals in it (I use mindmaps extensively, so my plan is done in Mindmanager). For drilling down to details of implementing the plan I've found the weekly review concept quite helpful:

http://lifehacker.com/278118/getting-into-the-weekly-review-habit

Cheers and have a great summer!!

Texas Savage
05-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Ill check that out in a bit!

Ran 3 miles last night at 6mph. 30 minutes.

Texas Savage
05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Bench 275x4, 235x11, the 235 is a pr.
DBB 3x10- paused
75's. last set wasnt paused.
Flies 3x10
1 set chinups to failure: 13
Tricep Extensions
2x15 abs

Pretty solid workout overall. Weighed in this morning at 205. i weighed friday night at 212. I think ive finally found my motivation to get back in shape like i was in wrestling season.

Texas Savage
05-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Snatch 3x5
Pullups 5x5
+30
DB Rows 2x10
Calves rest pause 30/30, 20/20, 10/10
Bicep work

Did some extra leg work that was more cardio. 3x15 squats while holding a 45lb plate. 1 minute rest between sets.

Mlalahoi
05-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Great sessions! What's your target BW?

Texas Savage
05-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Great sessions! What's your target BW?

Target BW is 175. But that wont happen through one cut cycle. By the end of this cycle/summer i want to be 185.

Ran some sprints today. Not much fun following the work out.

Tomorrow is an off day for lifting. I'll probably go run a few miles.

Texas Savage
05-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Went up to my old high school's wrestling practice. Wrestled during the live wrestling and drilled some. Either way, my body is hurting...

Texas Savage
05-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Work out today:
Dips 3x8, 5
40,45,57.5, 77.5(4)-missed one
DB Incline 3x8
SKull Crushers
One arm tricep extensions 4x10
Some chins

Texas Savage
05-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Work out today:
Squat 3x10
175 +10
RDLs 2x10
235 +10
Chinups 5x8
BW+10, 2.5 increase
Tbar Rows 3x15
Calf raises 4x20
Biceps TuT 4x10
Weighted abs 3x15

Good work out overall, a lot of sets, but felt fine.

Texas Savage
05-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Bench
280x3, 240x10, both +5
Paused DB Bench 3x10
75's
Flies
Tri Extensions

Overall a good workout. PR on my bench 10 rep. My 3 rep is climbing back towards its old max of 295.

Texas Savage
05-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Sumo Deads 325x8
Pullups 5x5
+35
DB Rows 2x10
Calves
30/20/10 timed.
Biceps
Abs

Texas Savage
05-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Dips: 3x8, 5
40,45,57.5, 80(8)
Inc Dbb 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x10
Tri extensions
Abs

The dips went really well. Last week i did 77.5 and i only got 4. But i was feeling good today so i strapped on 80. And i managed to get 3 extra reps, plus the missed rep from last week.

Texas Savage
05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Just read through some of the log.

Training is going well. I am going to make a couple of small modifications too my work outs. But i am more motivated than ever to lose some of this weight. I came back from college at 212... 212 freaking lbs. I am down to about 204/205 now. And i am ready to get back down to the 180's.

NorwegianGuy92
05-24-2012, 09:19 AM
You wanna cut so much weight? Have you gained a lot of fat? I assume you must have gained some quality mass as well.

Texas Savage
05-24-2012, 01:00 PM
You wanna cut so much weight? Have you gained a lot of fat? I assume you must have gained some quality mass as well.

Yeah ive gained a lot of muscle as well, especially in my legs, arms and shoulders. But ive also gained fat. Im sitting at about 205, and probably about 16%bf. If I can lose 15lbs of fat, ill be right where i want to be.

Texas Savage
05-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Had a cardio work out today.

Farmers walk 50 yds
Burpees 5
wide grip pullups 3
Sit ups 5
Pushups 10
Roman Twists 20

That was one rotation and i did 9 straight. My goal was 20 minutes, finished it in 21 flat.

Texas Savage
05-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Cardio tonight, did some sprints. Similar to my old high school wrestling pre season conditioning
Sprints:
50yd there, back
45yd there, back
15, 4 there backs
10, 6 there backs

Then two Double D's. Sideline to sideline, there and back twice. 200yds each.

Texas Savage
05-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Weighed 204.4 this morning.
-3lbs from last sunday.

Hoping to weigh in at 202.5 next sunday.

Bench 285x3, 245x10(PR!!)
Paused DBB 3x10
Flies 3x10
Tri Extensions 5x10
Abs

Another bench pr, and i went down 3lbs this week.

Texas Savage
05-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Todays work out:

Paused squats 5x5 135, super deep, long pause, completely relaxed hips long Ex says to do
Box squats on a low box 2x10 135
Chinups 5x8, +12
DB Rows 1x30 100
Reverse Hypers 1x20
Abs

Looks like a lot of sets, but really only 14 excluding the bicep work and abs.

Texas Savage
05-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Ive leaned out a decent amount the past couple of weeks. I wont have to lose as much weight as i thought i would. Ive added on some visible muscle in my legs, and some of my abs are getting closer to showing through already. If i can get down to 190 ill probably have abs showing through completely. Goal by the end of July is to be about 196. Ive still been gaining strength. My 3rep bench has gone up 10lbs, and my Dips have gone up from 70x5 to 80x8. Pullups have gone form 27.5x5 to 35.

disciple X
05-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Nice progress!

Texas Savage
05-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks Disciple!

Dips 3x8,5
Incline DBB 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x10
Heavy Tri extensions 3x5
AB circuit

Ill update later on with a spiritual life update. God is radically moving!

Texas Savage
05-30-2012, 07:38 PM
After work i went and did some cardio.

Ran a ladder in 2:57, 10back, all the way to 50, and then 50 back down. 600 yds total. Goal is to get this under 2:15 by the end of summer.

Will edit with spiritual life update later on!

Texas Savage
06-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Deadlift 335x5
Pullups 5x5 w/ 37.5
Biceps
Calf raises
Ab circuit

Sprint session tomorrow morning with my old co-captain in wrestling. He is up to 220lbs from wrestling at 170.

Edgaron
06-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Damn good job on cutting. Is your diet still focused on around 100/150 carbs?

Texas Savage
06-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Attached a pic of progress. Definitely leaner than i was a few weeks ago. I wish i had remembered to take a before pic.

Shoulders and arms have exploded in the past couple months, and ive added size to my legs and butt.

I feel a lot flatter than i look. All of my shorts and pants are starting to fit better again.

And @Edgaron, im probably at about 50-60carbs a day. But I am going to lower it next week to just work out days ill have carbs.