PDA

View Full Version : Training log for uni

Pages : [1] 2

Widge UK
10-01-2010, 02:03 PM
i could never stick to a log before because my journal was really all i needed, since i am at universaty now and not training in my home gym, its alot harder for me to document all my lifts and workout notes.

so have decided to use this. heres some stats

5'9
165lbs
not sure on bf but i am decently lean, 10% i would say. was 170lbs before cutting during the summer.
-play alot of sports, cricket, tennis, football etc.

Widge UK
10-01-2010, 02:06 PM
squats

warmup

80kgx20

paused at the bottom atg squat, trying to move bar very fast
100x1,1

backward lunges off of box, 3x5

stretching for legs

chest supported row (machine)
warmup

70x6,6,6,6

cabel curl - 2x12 15kg. 1 hand at a time.

Widge UK
10-01-2010, 08:59 PM
todays diet

-5eggs, half scoop whey, apple
-tuna,salad,olive oil, 50g oats
train
-2scoops whey in water, 50g oats, a few smarties
-150g chicken breast, salad, olive oil, lental and veg soup
-200g cod fillet, 15g butter, salad, remainder of the soup, not much, counted for about 10g carbs and 90 cals
-large dominoez pizza (perpperoni passion)
-1 scoop whey in water (helps me digest large meals)

this is about 4000 calories with 250 ish grams of protein, i cannot say exactly because im unsure of the exact breakdown of the pizza except the fact it was 2000 calories

this days diet was far, far from ideal and does certainly not represent the norm, i spent the whole summer, cutting, did not lose much if any strength but i am finding it real hard rebound off the cut as it were or so to speak and havnt really started gaining stregnth again yet. i am still pretty damn lean and am slowly introducing carbs back into my diet in greater amounts.

would really appreciate it if anyone had any experience of coming off the back of a meadium length but heavy cut, is it just a case of waiting it out and allowing my body to slowly put stregnth and size back on.

only time will tell, uintil monday.

Widge UK
10-03-2010, 09:28 AM
yesterday's diet

-5 eggs, half scoop whey, 4 oatcakes (oatcakes are 1g pro,5.8g carbs each)
-300g chicken drumsticks with skins, salad.
-150g chicken drumsticks with skins, salad, scoop whey isolate.
-250g 10% beef mince, some dolmio tomato source (not much, 2 tbsp), 30g cheese, lots of spinach leaves
-250g 10% beef mince, large salad
-tin tuna, tbsp olive oil, tiny bit of mayo

-sleeeeeep.

note - i always drink 3-4 cups of green tea and often black tea aswell through the day. water is at about 4 liters a day.

Widge UK
10-04-2010, 02:09 PM
warmup - tread mill - incline 3 for 5 minuets, brisk walk, while on tread mill. couple of super light sets of lat pull down and chest press.

mobiliaty stuff - rotator cuff excersises, dynamic stretching etc.

squats

warmups then

125x3

plyometrics - jump squats off box and without box, 4/5 sets of 3

dips

bwx8
8kgx5
16kgx3
26 1/2 kgx3,5

plyometric pressup, (done on soft mat with a clap) 3x4

dumbell clean and press

warmup
18kg - 4x4 (first time doing these)

lateral raise 10kg x 12,12

i then did some work on my clean and clean and jerk form which i am stuggling with a bit. this is actually tireing because of the concentration needed. only used the bar.

Widge UK
10-04-2010, 02:12 PM
todays diet thus far

breakfast - 2 eggs, can of tuna, tbsp olive oil, half an apple, some walnuts
- scoop whey, 2 tbsp olive oil, lots of salad.
-200g cod fillet, tbsp butter, lots of salad, 50g oats
during and post training - 3 scoops of whey in water, 50g oats, some cheese and some chocolate hehe.

probly have another 3 meals, got some steak and chicken so will cook em up with some sauce, lovely job. cricket trial's 2moro, that is my main sport, have played a standard just below semi/full pro for the last 2 years so should slide into the uni team pretty nicely.

peace out fella's.

Widge UK
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
am currently studying in my first year of a sports stregnth and conditioning degree if anyone is intrested in the course!!

T.K
10-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Where abouts in the uk are you from?

Widge UK
10-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Where abouts in the uk are you from?

i am from east anglia origianally (near london) but am currently at uni gloucester near cheltenham. yourself?

T.K
10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm from near liverpool

Widge UK
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
today's diet

5 eggs, half scoop whey, apple
tin tuna, tbsp olive oil, salad leaf's, mayonaise.
2 chicken breast, tomato bologonaise sauce, cheese, salad
1 200g steak cooked in olive oil and a bit of butter, salad

--------CRICKET TRAINING, FITNESS--------------

tin tuna,tbsp olive oil, 20g full fat soft cheese, 1 scoop whey

1 meal to go.

DOA
10-05-2010, 07:38 PM
is soft cheese, cottage cheese?

Widge UK
10-05-2010, 09:37 PM
is soft cheese, cottage cheese?

na its like spreadable white, soft stuff, dont know if you have it where you are but its called philidelphia, it tastes awsome, its not exactly healthy but it packs calories and i eat it fairly often.

its alot harder being in uni than being at home because i look in the fridge and see stuff for my meals that i cant eat because its not mine, you have to be pretty maticulus with what u buy when you shop to make sure you have enough

back and bicep work 2moro, deffonalty guna go to town on core work aswell

peace gents.

Widge UK
10-05-2010, 09:39 PM
also, tonight in cricket i was getting awsome bat speed and power, that impact weight training has had on my game is un-real!!!!

spent a good half an hour earlier teary eyed reading the tribute thread to wesley

i cannot say it enough, RIP.

Tim
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Keep at it mate.

Although it may seem hard when you start uni, remember that you now have full control over what you can buy food-wise (assuming money isn't an issue) -- no more mummy telling you you're eating too much meat and trying to feed you tasty shit like mine does. :D

Widge UK
10-06-2010, 03:02 PM
warmup - cross trainer for a few minuets rowing machine for a few minuets, some super light stuff on lat pull down

mobiliaty stuff - rotator work, lunges, bodyweight paused squats, low intensity jump squats - basically i felt sore as hell today in my lower back area and slightly sore in my glutes so just trying to stretch them out, get some blood in them as i have to squat on friday.

chin ups - bodyweight x7
5kg x 3
10kg x 3,5

calves on leg press - more stretching of legs/lower back and glutes, more bw lunges,

seated row - number 6x12, number 9x10,10 - dont know the weights, its goes up to 18.

hammer curl - warmup then
15kgx10,10

dumbell curl - 6kg x25

more stretching, some work on a spin bike, more lunges and bodyweight stuff. more stretching of lats and legs.

done, very easy, im trying to be sensible here and back off when I FEEL i need to, whether or not it was right or not, only time will tell. lets see how i squat on friday.

til then fella's.

Widge UK
10-06-2010, 08:58 PM
today's diet before i turn in for some z's, got a lie in tommorow.

- 2 eggs scrambled, tin tuna, tbsp olive oil, some salad, a whole yellow pepper.
- 3 chicken legs with skin on, an apple.
-2 chicken legs with skin, scoop whey
-----WORKOUT ABOVE--------
during and post wo - 2 and a half scoops of whey#
2 chicken breasts, big salad, 100g bolognaise tomato sauce, 40g grated cheese, half can harricot beans
1 chicken breast, 2 fried eggs, salad, rest of the harricot beans
4 egg whites, 2 yolks
tin tuna, some lettiuce.

sounds alot of food as i write it!!!

decided to stay in tonight instead of going out for the cricket social, mainly because i wanted to get my sleep in and eat well, i will probly take some stik for it but such is life when your trying to get bigger!!!

peace.

HammerHappy
10-07-2010, 03:38 AM
Wow, I'm living In lowestoft and originally from London. Go UEA at the minute and on my last year. Wish I done a sports degree :(

Widge UK
10-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Wow, I'm living In lowestoft and originally from London. Go UEA at the minute and on my last year. Wish I done a sports degree :(

the degree is shaping up to be alot of fun and a great experience thus far. i not live far from nowrich and play alot of cricket there.

- i am sore in my lats today, however i am pleased to say my legs are fealing alot better and all things being equal, i should be squatting heavy tommorow which is great.

only had breakfast so far today, yes got up at half 12.

-4 eggs, scoop whey, lots of salad leafs, an apple.

Widge UK
10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
squats - warmup then

125kgx5

speed bench- warmup then

45x3,3,3,3 - varying grips, last rep on each paused
45x10 - little rep out, dont know why, NTF

power clean and jerk, warmups then

60kgx1,1,1 - sub-maximal but about 85-90%, nearly passed out after first single, these feal awful at the lockout, head is always light, god knows what those olympians must feal like with 2x BW over there head.

leg press - warmup then

170x10

dumbell press - small incline, warmup set then

28x8,7

AB work

1 set of tri pushdowns and a set of lateral

tried the thing ive seen reccomended on the pushdowns, took a weight between 8-100, ended up stopping at 40 because the pain was to much. will use this technique again.

note - good workout today.

Widge UK
10-10-2010, 03:11 PM
today's diet

5 eggs, half scoop whey, apple, tangerine, spinnach leafs - black coffe
200g minced beef, tomato sauce, cheese, spinach
dominoez chicken wings, some extra slices of chicken i had in fridge, garlic and herb sauce (700 cals)
200g chicken breast, olive oil, spinnach.

thats all so far, will ahve couple more meal's

Widge UK
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
tin tuna, olive oil
4 hard boiled eggs

diet done for that day, peace.

Widge UK
10-11-2010, 02:38 PM
deadlift

60x5
80x4
100x3
120x2
140x1
160x0 - felt good up to hear but at this gym i literally cannot maintain a grip on anything above 150 kilo's, i have pulled 180 off the ground at home with chalk, for the time being i have no chalk nor do they even allow it in the gym so im going to have to sub deadlifts out for a while, atleast uintil christmas, trap bar should be easier to keep a grip on so will try that, should also get some nice linear progression out of it as ive never used one before, will also use some leg press to supplement it.

was genuinly pissed off after this as had been up for the workout all day and felt id fucked it up with the deads. never the less.

leg press - dont remember exactly what i did, went heavy and hard though

seated row, warmup then

80x,6,6,6,10

hammer curl, 15x11,11
cabel curl 2x10

pullups wide grip 1x8 BW

Widge UK
10-12-2010, 09:54 AM
intresting morning, no food in the kitchen so instead of breakfast i sucked down 20g bcaa 10g glutamine and took on the walk to the shops, figured no harm in the cardio. loaded up on food and back on diet now tho

also got some new lifting shoes, never tried them before, will give it a shot 2moro on some power cleans, overhead press, plyometric stuff. cannot weight to lift tommorow. havnt felt this strongly about my lifting for a long while, the off season (cricket) really makes me focus on whats important to me.

uintil tommorow.

T.K
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
If they don't let you use chalk in your your gym, you could try some of this.
http://www.strengthshop.co.uk/index.php/miscellaneous-products/mueller-stickum-grip-enhancing-spray.html
I tried it a while ago, its not s good as chalk but it's better than nothing.

Widge UK
10-12-2010, 02:13 PM
If they don't let you use chalk in your your gym, you could try some of this.
http://www.strengthshop.co.uk/index.php/miscellaneous-products/mueller-stickum-grip-enhancing-spray.html
I tried it a while ago, its not s good as chalk but it's better than nothing.

thanks man that looks decent, to be honest its a problem im not 100% worried, about, after a long string of linear progression on the deadlift that got me up to 4 plates, i have not been fealing as if ive been getting stronger on it recently so i am happy to do some variations/work on form, generally stuff i havnt done before.

take care lad.

aaron
10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
why don't you just use straps on your heaviest sets mate?

Widge UK
10-12-2010, 09:17 PM
why don't you just use straps on your heaviest sets mate?

havnt got any at the moment, i am going home in 6 weeks (at uni, about 3 hours away from home) and i will bring some back with me, like i said, im more than happy to mix it up and who knows i might get on super well with a combo of heavy trap bar deads and leg press or heavier leg press etc.

at about 11 on the way back from cricket had massive kfc bucket, chips, beans etc. there will be pr's 2moro thats for sure!!!!!

just had some whey and olive oil as still feel pretty full.

little note on cricket, fucking smashed it!!!!.

uintil 2moro.

Widge UK
10-12-2010, 09:19 PM
also my thoughts on uni life - its a great experience, meeting new people WILL broaden the way you think about things. you have to be yourself or youll look like a cunt, dont pretend to be somthing your not, people will like you for who you are. there are some people here just trying to hard to fit in, i respect people more for doing what makes them happy not what is the norm. there is nothing i hate more than people who try to peasure others into going out and getting "fucked" , yes im happy to go out but people who dont take no for an answer are just plain rude.

peace.

Widge UK
10-13-2010, 02:01 PM
over head press - warmup then

45x5,5,8

hangclean - 55x1,1,1,1

clean and jerk, 55x1,1.

dips, bwx8
10kgx12,8
bwx15

dumbell lateral 10kg 2x15

calf work

pushdowns, 40x20,20

1 legged squats, 2x3

clap pushups - 2x5 paused at bottom.

some jumping, stretching etc.

Widge UK
10-14-2010, 07:23 AM
traps a bit worse for wear today!!!

Widge UK
10-15-2010, 02:38 PM
warmup

squat

125x6- first time squatting in my new shoes, felt good.

some lunges off and onto a box, some jumping off a low box. all low intensity.

pullups wide grip - bwx6
7 1/2 kg x 6,6
hammer grip - same weight x 6

leg press - 170x10

seated row- set 9x10,10

dumbell curl - warmup

16kgx10,10

preacher curl - 9kgx12 - yes im gay.

ab work.

Widge UK
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
sumo deadlift - warmups

120x3,3 - easy

power clean and jerk - warmups

60x1,1,1 - last 2 reps were awsome. really expoded on the jerk.

barbell bench press - warmup

60x10,10 - felt like shit as is per usual with my benching :(

box jumping, 1 legged squats with balance assist - 3x3, made a few attempts without the balance, am very close to getting these down!!!!. im talking about a sitting on your calves 1 legged squat by the way.

some CG speed benching, 40x3,3,3

dumbell fly's, 14x10,15

pushdowns - 50x30.

really all over the place with this workout really. am going to try to incorparate some overreaching towards the end of this week with a massive massive workout on friday, then the week after is guna be a de-load, i will still train but will be cutting intensity largely and some volume im sure will go aswell.

peace.

Widge UK
10-22-2010, 02:19 PM
couple workouts to come up, first the one from wedensday.

warm up - mobiliaty stuff, rotator stuff.

jump squats - 3x3
lunges explosive 2x5

leg press - warmup

200x6,8

narrow grip pull up - bw x 6
5kgx3
10kgx4,4,4

wide grip pull up, bw x8,10

form is very strict on all of these sets and reps.

some seated row's with lightweight focusing on speed, dont rembmer the weight, back was pretty fried at this point

cabel curl - 20kg x 8,8,10

stretching, some more jumping etc.

Widge UK
10-22-2010, 02:26 PM
ok so last workout before de-load was tonight, here goes.

sumo squat - warmup then

125x5,5 - grip still giving me slight issues but these felt good/light none the less

dumbell bench press warmup then

30kgx6,6,7.

clap press ups, exploively done - bwx5,5,5 - varying grip/stance.

dumbell fly - 14kgx15
incline dumbell fly 14kgx15

my shoulders are absoloutely destroyed from this training block, they have been sore all week, will deffonatly be backing off the in-direct delt work after the de-load. will probly mean less clean and jerking, more dipping.

lateral raise - 6kgx25,25

narrow stance pressup fingers forward - bwx15

pushdowns - 60kgx10

done - this was a pretty here and there mix and match workout with alot of stuff that in hinesight wasnt strictly necesery, hopfully this week i have built up some nice overload on my delts/tri/chest/legs so lets see how i comeback after the deload week. i will be in the gym as of monday or if i dont feel up to it then on wedensday, all intensity will be slashed to 60% and volume cut aswell i expect. i may or may not write the workouts up depending how i am for time with uni etc.

take care fella's. peace.

here's a couple of little quotes i like and try to apply

"There are three words I like to repeat to myself: glass half full. Just to remind myself to be grateful for everything I have".

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."

T.K
10-22-2010, 02:50 PM
They're some good quotes. How's the cricket going?

Widge UK
10-24-2010, 04:55 PM
They're some good quotes. How's the cricket going?

going very good mate, odvisouly due to weather we wont be playing any outdoor games til spring but i need the nets to make sure i come into the club season back home fresh and in touch so it is important.

been home for the weekend, was pretty good, ate well, looking forward to the lighter sessions this week, am also going to try and go uintil christmas without drinking again, good luck to me

peace.

Widge UK
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
squat - warmup then

130x3

clean and jerk - warmups

65x1,1

1 legged squats atg - 2x3 with balance assist, am very close to doing 1 un-assisted now. some low box jumping.

ohp narrow grip working on speed - 40x5,5,5 with a push from legs

seated row warmup then

100 x 5,5

bicep curls - warmup

18kgx6,6

preacher curl - 10kgx12,12

ye so this was supposed to be the start of a de-load, that didnt really go to plan, week lighter from now then lol, take care.

Widge UK
10-25-2010, 09:14 PM
today's diet, oucchhhhh big time on the diet today.

-5eggs, 50g oats, tangerine, coffe, green tea, multi vit
- 2 double cheeseburgers, no bread, no source, apple
-tin tuna, half scoop whey, few nuts, 50g oats
intra WO - 30g BCAA
post wo - 1 and half scoop whey, some oats, some cornflakes, some ice cream
between then and bed had 2 boxes dominoz chicken wings and 2 hardboiled eggs.

lots of calories today.

Widge UK
10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
current weight - 77kg - 169 lbs, had a nice little rebound off of being really leen and the extensive cut over summer.

dragged my ass to the gym today to do some mobiliaty work, dips and cardio, currently de-loading, probly guna squat a bit tommorow, might test my 1rm or might just do some quick singles with around 75% of my estimated 1RM, shall see how i feel at the time, then the weekend off, then 4-5 more weeks of smashing the iron with everything i got.

peace out.

edit - diet today has been less carbs less fat but keeping protein up and cals high enough, just over maintenence.

2nd edit - noticed my fround double bi looking a bit wider around the lats, great to see, i notice these little changes every few months.

aaron
10-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Great motivating log you got here. You have a great attitude by the sounds of it!
Nice to find another English guy on here too! I'm from South London.

Widge UK
10-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Great motivating log you got here. You have a great attitude by the sounds of it!
Nice to find another English guy on here too! I'm from South London.

this is actually the first time ive kept a log online and im loving it, alot more convenient than taking my book to the comercial gym i now train in at the uni, im from cambridge if you know it, few miles north of london, massive spurs fan!! :P

going to go to the gym in a couple of hours, going to do some sub maximal squats focusing on form and speed then a couple of light sets for back and bi then abs.

cannot wait for monday to get back into heavy lifting, going to try and get my sleep pattern back in check over the weekend, been staying up to late and getting up late and then i lose sleep when i get up for lectures, only had about 5 hours sleep last night, feel fine atm, see how strong i feel when i get into the gym later on.

til later today then, peace.

Widge UK
10-29-2010, 01:23 PM
so mannaged to get into the gym tonight for a little workout, still on a de-load so taking it slow/easy

deadlifts - multiple wamups

140x1,1
150x1,1 - easy.

note: to be honest with myself, yes the grip on the bar is bad but after these singles today i think i might have just been being a pussy i.e not gripping round the bar enough or hard enough, i think i will keep deadlifts in and just do rep work with 150-160, if i can get myself up to 150x10 or so i will have added weight to my max, there were some guys in gym using liquid chalk i was so jealous, then they were doing sets with 60kg using it, annoin to say the least folks.

pullups - varying grips - bwx5,5,5,5 - real explosive, using some momentum, squeezing at top and slow negative, 3 or 4 reps short of failure

some lunging, jumping, stretching, talking to freinds in gym, generally doing fuck all, bad from me :(

ab work and some light seated rows for couple sets of 15

monday - all hell is guna break loose on squats, literally cannot wait to get under the bar come monday as alot of people in my flat have gone home and the campus is generally quiet on weekends, ROLL ON MONDAY.

heres a little quote that should ring true to iron addicts and tie's in with my whole belief that persistance will bring succes eventually.

“When one door closes another door opens; but we often look
so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not
see the ones which open for us.”

Widge UK
10-30-2010, 10:10 AM
so got up at 11.50 today which is alot better than my usual time of between 1 and 2 oclock, still got 8 hours sleep easily tho!!, tommorow/tonight i will move it forward further, probly shoot to get up at about half 9 or 10 then i can hopfully get a decent nights sleep in for monday as i have an early start of lectures but still want to destroy squats etc later on.

diet so far

-5eggs, some spinnach, a small orange, 50g oats with small bit of jam
-10g bcaa 10 mins prior to meal below
-4 chicken legs, lots of spinnach, 50g oats with small bit of jam

guna try get out on the bike today, incase didnt mention i do some mountain biking in spare time with freinds.

Widge UK
10-30-2010, 08:40 PM
got out on bike, went up robinswood hill which about 400ft i belive, got that picture in my avatar standing on top of the summit stone!!! really epic view of the scenery from up there.

Bluedog
10-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Great picture! Sounds like the bike ride was fun at least.

Widge UK
10-31-2010, 08:32 AM
cheers blue dog, it was a bit wet and i still had summer tyres on so didnt have much grip on way up, came down it in about 3 minuets, bit short!!

am thinking of changing up to tuesday/thursday/saturday starting this week, the reasons are

- i have nearly all my lectures on monday and have to be up very early and dont finish til late
- after friday's workout i still feel a bit sore in my legs/lats, i deffonatly over did it as it was only meant to be light and help my de-load
-thursday/saturday are both off days from uni aswell which will help

pretty much a no brainer looking at those facts.

aaron
11-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Gutted about the spurs man u match? Never seen a goal like that before. Was really weird.

I'm a Crystal Palace fan but I do like the Spurs players and think redknap is a brilliant manager. I hope they make him next England manager.

Widge UK
11-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Gutted about the spurs man u match? Never seen a goal like that before. Was really weird.

I'm a Crystal Palace fan but I do like the Spurs players and think redknap is a brilliant manager. I hope they make him next England manager.

yea mate a bit gutted but as you can imagine us yids have got used to losing at old trafford by now, im not sour about the goal we were 1-0 down anyway. ye was a bizare goal, gomez has had a mare aswell as the ref

agreed on redknap hes one of the only managers thats done really well wherever hes gone, he'd be a good bet for england manager for sure.

large dominoez pizza last night followed by some horrible in-digestion, i dont really know what to do. because i had the pizza las night and because i just wana train i was thinking of doing a really hard session today and then taking off til thursday so i can slide into the tue/thur/sat. if i feel good to go later on today i will train.

Widge UK
11-01-2010, 05:15 PM
sooo ended up having a huge workout tonight in light of 2 days rest until thursday to slode nicely into the tue/thur/sat

squat - warmup sets

135x3-yaehhhh budday

dumbell bench press - warmup sets

32'sx6,5,5 - some help from spotter on a few reps.

power cleans - warmups

few singles with 65kg, cant get my form right so didnt go any heavier. have probly got 75 odd in me with shitty form but wana get it down before i go heavier.

dips - BW+8kgx12,12
leg press, warmups

150x12,12

laterals - 12kgx10,10,10

couple sets of pushdowns and calf work t

done.

awsome session, lasted longer than id hope as was training with couple other guys who were doing lighter squats and had to kept loading/unloading the bar.

T.K
11-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Nice squats, nearly 3 plates for reps.

Do you reckon spurs are going to win tonight? I think it'll be close but you'll win, especially if gareth bale plays like he did last time.

Widge UK
11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Nice squats, nearly 3 plates for reps.

Do you reckon spurs are going to win tonight? I think it'll be close but you'll win, especially if gareth bale plays like he did last time.

hello mate, ye nearly at 3 plates for rep which i wil be absoloutely delighted with espically if i can nail it for 5 or so still weighing only 170lbs or so.

now that we have the beauty of hinde sight!! haha. i think spurs played un-real tonight tbh, no one in the world can live with bale when hes on it and when you have the height of crouch in middle and players like modric and van de vart i think we are as good going forward as anyone at the moment, i worry about out defense tho, its very dodgy, gallas is crazy!!!!!

back/bi/core+ maybe some jumpy stuff on thurday, cant wait. take care all!!

heres a classic for everyone

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. "

Widge UK
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
tonight workout, heavy night last night, had a bit more vodka than i intented but such is life.

dumbell row - warmups then

42kgx5,5

50kgx3- shit form, thee db's have thick grips, i could rep these 50's i think but ill need straps for sure.

wide grip pullups bwx10,10

lunges - 5x5- explosive

some ab work and some stretching of legs/lats.

was not in the mood today but got in done and moved some weight. had fun with a mate in the gym aswell.

Widge UK
11-06-2010, 10:51 AM
had a guest speaker in uni the other day who was an ex-powerlifter with big numbers, gave me some great tips on breathing and set up on squats, i was so thankful for the chance to speak to him.

today guna lighten up the squats a bit and do some paused reps with the tips implemented that we talked about, i dont want to you heavy today anyway, i have a very busy day and my left hamstring has been giving me a bit of agro.

peace.

Widge UK
11-06-2010, 11:57 AM
just found out the gym is shut all day today. guess its the weekend off then. frustrating

Widge UK
11-06-2010, 11:49 PM
been a long an annoin night, went out for a meal with my parents who are in the area, eating fast food always feals better when youve had a massive workout before hand so it didnt slide down to well. playing cricket down in exceter tommorow, big day. massive workout monday.

Widge UK
11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
squatssss

warmups

140x1
145x1, maybe slight SLIGHT help from spotter

narrow grip pull ups

bwx5
bw+8kgx3
bw+14kgx4,4

wide grip pullups (very wide)
bwx10 strict
bwx11 not so strict :p

couple sets of leg press

dumbell curls - warmup
18kgx7,6

set of pull downs with light weight varying grips to stretch my lats

ab work, leg stretching, rotator stuff

awsome workout.

guna go huge again on wedensday and friday.

Widge UK
11-09-2010, 09:08 AM
bcaa's, glutamine, water and a splash of sugar free ribena, good shit!!!

Widge UK
11-09-2010, 09:38 AM
today's breakfast, pretty much as close to perfect as ive got it since at uni think.

10g bcaa, 5g gluta 10 mins before

tin tuna, tbsp olive oil, a little mayo naise
some spinnach leafes
a small orange
50g oats, tea spoon honey
black coffe and green tea
multi vitamin

Widge UK
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
good workout tonight, was in the zoooooone.

warmup on rower, some mobiliaty and dynamic stretching + rotator work

over head press - warmup sets
50x4,4 - one standard grip, one a bit narrower
40x10, last 2 rest paused.

ive never ever been a good overhead or bench presser, the weight on this is ever so slowly moving itself towards the realm of respectability, when im repping with a plate on each side ill be a bit happier.

dips
bwx8
bw+10kgx5
bw+20kgx8,6

some speed stuff with dips, few sets of 3 and 5 trying to basically push myself so fast i fly off the handles. bit of fun really, its something my s and c teacher sed can work but idk.

lateral raise - warmup set with 6kg
12kgx12,12

clap pressups x6,6
bw pressup x 20 - easy

some extreme stretching on an incline bench with 16kg dumbells.

a set of pushdowns and calfs to finish. boom done!!

"i forge my body in the fire of my will" - good quoteidge.

going to try my best to avoid the temptations of alcahol uintil christmas. am especially determined after reading this http://rxmuscle.com/articles/latest-news/2232-alcohol-more-harmful-than-crack-or-heroin.html, not sure on the science behind it but astounding none the less.

Widge UK
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
heavy deads tonight, time to get psycho!!!! p.s. got chalk!!!!

Widge UK
11-12-2010, 03:10 PM
deads - warmup then

150x3,3 - felt heavier than i expected, probly due to the lack of pulling ive done over the last month or so. shall increase frequency of deads and get back up to 40 plates

dumbell rows - warmups
42x6,6 - PR
50x3
wide grip pullup bwx10

leg press - 200kg x8,8

seated row 2x12 just stretching out really

babrell curl - warmup
38kgx5,5
27x12,12

stretching etc.

not bad - massive pr on dumbell rows and had more in the tank. dead's will be back up to par soon

Widge UK
11-15-2010, 01:07 PM
ok so went out last night, only got 3 hours sleep but still hit the gym hard tonight and go some pr's

squats - warmups
110kgx8,8 - first set pretty easy, 2nd set hard as hell towards 6,7,8

speed deads
80x3,3,3,3 short rest

dumbell press - warmups
30kgx7,7,7

incline db press 22x8

stertching and ab work

lateral raise - 14kgx8,8,8 - these were nice!!!

tricep pushdown's 70x10,10 - hard.

decent workout all things considered, i am still feeling last week a bit, the friday workout batttered the hell outa me, got whole week off work/uni so will be resting and eating lots, im up in weight a couple of pounds aswell, i feel big and im looking thicker, very happy with how its going aswell as happy with life in general atm

goingn out again tonight, wont be drinking or getting in to late tho, looking forward to 8+ hours of sleep tonight and every day this week ofr that matter, happy days.

"freinds may come and go but 200 pounds is always 200 pounds" especially relevan to me as freinds certainly have come and gone alot in my life, got a solid group of them at the moment tho and i trust them all.

peace fella's

"rep by rep, set by set, ill get there." - me :D

by the way apologies for my grammer in most posts and espeically this one, im having to type this standing as ive given my chair to my flat mate for the week as his broke and im not guna be here, . on that note - being generous: i literally cannot stand people who arent generous, they make me feel so angry, kindness goes along way in my opinion.

Widge UK
11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
back at home training in my garage, fucking freezing, traning in a good gym has turned me into a pussy !!! never the less not a bad workout.

spent like 10-15 minuets warming up really well before i got into my light warmup sets

pullups regulation grip - bwx6
bw+10kg x 5,5,5

barbell rows- have never got along very well with these
warmup set
60x10,10

ab work

hammer curls 5kgx12
15kgx11- felt easy so went heavier
18kgx7,7

barbell curl - barx20,20

chin ups bw x 7 - knackerd.

at this moment in time honestly regretting i didnt hop on one of the routine like ex's ir run spbr again, went my own way instead, thought it would fit in well wiht my uni course to try my own thing but although i have made decent progress, i feel i could have done better.

T.K
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
I train at home and its been freezing recently. I've started wearing extra layers but I have to take them off halfway through because I'm too hot. It doesn't make the bar any warmer though.

Since I started reading your log you've definitely made some good progress. I don't know what it's like trying to fit everything in with uni, but you seem to have balanced everything really well. When i was at college I never lifted with any consistency and never made any progress. Keep up the hard work.

Widge UK
11-18-2010, 08:30 AM
I train at home and its been freezing recently. I've started wearing extra layers but I have to take them off halfway through because I'm too hot. It doesn't make the bar any warmer though.

Since I started reading your log you've definitely made some good progress. I don't know what it's like trying to fit everything in with uni, but you seem to have balanced everything really well. When i was at college I never lifted with any consistency and never made any progress. Keep up the hard work.

cheers, ye it was alot worse than i thought i was going to be, weve moved house recently aswell and the roof is awful so theres damp problems, my punching bag has gone mouldy, alot of plates are now rusty aswell.

im going to persist with working with my own programme atleast til the new year. was looking at ex's routine and thought it would be perfect for cricket if i run it on a tuesday/thursday/friday split or mon/wed/thu depending on how many games i have at the weekend.

Widge UK
11-19-2010, 02:18 PM
in garage again so good 10-15 mins warming up then warmup sets on all the excersises which i will not note, there were 5+ warmup's for deads, moving up 40lbs each time

deadlifts
155x3 - felt good, my form is 10x better than when i pulled nearly 400lbs, just guna slowly creep back up there, not guna rush it.

drop down - 100x12

dips - bwx8
bw+10kgx5
bw+20kgx3
bw+30kgx3,3 - big PR

bw+10kgx10,12 - nice

Hang cleans - 40x3
50x1
55x1
60x1,1

power cleans
50x1
60x1
65x1
70x1,1,1 - Massive PR and felt like i had more in me, save it for next week tho as had alredy hang cleaned and done alot of lifting

overhead press
barx10
40kgx12,13

pressups 2x20

some jump squats, cooling down and stretching

lots of big pr's tonight, stoked to be honest, cant wait for next week now, will be back in the comfort of the uni gym

Widge UK
11-22-2010, 06:00 PM
good workout tonight despite the fact i was stiff/sore as hell from cricket yesterday, had a 1 to 1 session with alot of static holding of positions etcetc and was stiff this morning BUT got a good nights sleep.

long warmup - some spanish guy who is ALWAYS in the gym was resting atleast 5 mins between sets of bench, i wouldent have minded if he was actually going haevy but he was doing like sets of 6 with 60kg.

SQUAT - numerous warmup adding 40/20lbs each time starting with the bar
140x1,1,1 - i was origianlly shooting for a double but the first one was a real grinder, didnt get myself tight enough, decided to just bang out some singles instead, the second and third felt better/easier than the first. this is a PR

some work with 80kg, couple higher rep sets of 10 with a pause at the bottom, a set of 3 explosive, some shit with 60kg, mehhh i was cooked by this point

narrow grip pullups bwx10,10,8 - last set real strict- like 3 seconds hang at the bottom of each rep

couple higher rep sets of 15 on the seated row machine- ye i know im such a gay bodybuilding fag!!!!! hehe

curls for the gurls - cabel - 20x8 - at this point some old guy took the machine when i went to get my drink from my bag

so i did oly bar x25

then another set on the cabel of 15x12

DONE - bits and peiced workout really, not good enough, should get my goals more clear before i go to the gym, pr's none the less, i dont really feal like righting any quotes or anything tonight, life good tho.

peace out xx

Widge UK
11-24-2010, 01:56 PM
spent yesterday in bits from mondays session, felt good today tho, will be taking friday easy and resting over the weekend.

CGBP - warmups
70x3,3

Incline DB press - warmup set
24x10,10,10

lateral's
warmup set
14x10,10,10

ab work

some work with the bar on clean form etc

BW dips x15

pushdowns - 50x15,15

stretching

Widge UK
11-27-2010, 05:59 PM
friday's workout

chest supported row/bench pull

warmups
60x5,5,5,8

dumbell row - 32kgx12,12

few box jumps.

dumbell curl - warmup set

18x8x8

barbell curl - bar x 20,20

took this very easy had the worst head ache ever and was crushed from a long bike trip the day before in wales. recovery over weekend needed for sure.

Widge UK
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
deadlifts - 155x3 - uni PR

clean and jerk - warmups
70x0,0 -FAIL

over head press - 45x8,5

dips - bw 5x15

OK here is the deal - last winter i made my best ever gains on the SPBR, in the summer i had a really good cut and kept alot of my stregnth, i was still using the spbr structure but less volume as i was playing ALOT of sport.

now since the start of uni i decided to go my own path, create my own workouts, decide on the lifts etc. i have to say that i think i have failed in trying to create somthing really effective, ive made some progress in size/str but honestly compared to where i was post cut, im the same stregnth more or less and considering the amount of eating and resting ive been doing here, its just not good enough for me.

i live and learn and hopfully this is another learning curve for me of which there have been MANY since i started lifting about 2-3 years ago. im going to finish up this week of training, then take a little de-load from friday, i will start the spbr from workout 1 on wedesnday, lets home it works aswell as it did before.

hine-sight is a wonderful (but often cruel) thing, honestly i think i was really foolish for trying to make it work without following a routine i know i could make work, was greedy and always wanted better gains, argh im frustrated right now.

peace out.

Widge UK
11-29-2010, 02:08 PM
1st workout
Monday
Squat or box squat 2-3 x 5
Glute/Ham Raises or pullthroughs 3 x 10
Bent Row or Chest Supported row 4 x 6
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises 3 x 15

2nd workout 1 day later
Wednesday
Bench Press or low board press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

3rd workout 1 day later
Friday
Deadlift or rack deadlift 2-3 x 5
Leg press 2 x 10
Chin or lat pull-down 4 x 6
Calf Raises 3 x 15

4th workout After TWO DAYS OFF
Monday
Incline bench press or Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10 Monday

next workout sequence repeat 1st through 4th workouts

Sets are NOT taken to failure, at least 1 rep short, or to the point RIGHT before form starts to break down. If you do not recover well, reduce 1 set from each of the lifts.

Rep cadence is explosive on the positive, controlled on the negative, no need to count cadence.

After warm-ups use the same weight for all sets. If you cannot get all the sets with the same weight, the weight is too heavy.

If you want to substitute something like dumbbell skull crushers for pushdowns, or hammer curls for barbell curls go ahead. DO NOT SUB OUT BIG COMPOUND MOVEMENTS FOR ISOLATION LIFTS. IF YOU CAN SQUAT AND DEADLIFT, DO THEM. THEY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT LIFTS IN THE ROUTINE.

Rotate the lifts to something else every 4-8 weeks or whenever a lift stalls.

DELAOD BY DOING 1/2 THE SETS, OR 85% OF THE WEIGHT EVERY 4-8 WEEKS (4-5 WEEKS WORKS BEST FOR MOST PEOPLE.

Suitable substitute lifts:

Squat or box squat, you can front squat, or smith squat (smith ONLY if that is all you can do) You can leg press ONLY IF YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DO REAGULAR SQUATS AND THE RESULTS WILL NOT BE AS GOOD.
Glute/Ham Raises or pullthroughs
Bent Row or Chest Supported row, you can dumbbell row or machine row
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl, you can do any curl variation
Calf Raises, you can do leg press calfs, standing barbell calf raises, or 1 arm, 1 leg dumbbell calf raises if you don't have a machine

Bench Press or low board press, you can do dumbbell presses or dips
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell inclines, or smith inclines (use the SMITH ONLY IF THAT IS THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press, NO SUBS
Skull Crushers, you can do dumbbell skull crushers, overhead tricep extensions with a bar or dumbbells, or tricep push-downs if any of these movements bother your elbows.
Ab work, you can do a weighted sit-up, hanging leg raises, ab-wheel, or an ab machine

Deadlift or rack deadlift, you can do romanian deadlifts, or good-mornings
Leg press, you can front squat
Chin or lat pull-down, NO SUBS
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl, any curl variation
Calf Raises, you can do leg press calfs, standing barbell calf raises, or 1 arm, 1 leg dumbbell calf raises if you don't have a machine

Incline bench press or Incline Dumbbell Press, NO SUBS
Dumbbell Bench Press, You can do dips
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press, you can do upright rows
Tricep pushdowns, you can do a skull crusher, or overhead tricep extension with a barbell or dumbbells
Ab work 3 x 10, You can do a weighted sit-up, hanging leg raises, ab-wheel, or an ab machine

If you can't sub any of these lifts figure it out yourself and quit asking endless questions about what you can sub. The sub list just posted was created after over 100 questions have been asked about "can I do lift B instead of lift A.

Iron Addict

Widge UK
12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
little workout tonight, wont bother writing it up, here some pictures of me.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/nazzer123/widge/sdiechest2.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/nazzer123/widge/sdie23432o4.jpg

Widge UK
12-03-2010, 03:39 PM
squats

145x0,0 - urghhh

leg press - 200x10,10

wide grip pullips 2x8

narrow grip pullups 2x10

some bicep stuff

OK NOW THESE 2 MONTHS ARE GOING BEHIND ME AND IM BACK ON THE SPBR, ITS GUNA FEEL AMAZING TO GO INTO THE GYM AND KNOW WHAT IM ASCTUALLY DOING. HOPFULLY LEARNT FROM MY MISTAKES. PICTURES ARE ABOVE.

T.K
12-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Good luck with the SPBR, I made good progress on it myself about a year ago and screwed it up by getting inconsisstent and changing things all the time.

I had 140kg on my back the other day for calf raises and it felt ridiculously heavy, I cant even imagine trying to squat with that much, like you did successfully recently.

Chest looks fairly big in them pictures.

kram
12-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice bike! Looks like an On One?

Widge UK
12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice bike! Looks like an On One?

Thats actually my mates bike who i ride with, its a 456 frame, the rest is pretty much custom, lovly bike, im riding a Kona Kula, its pretty much stock except for bar's, grip's and break's. we have done a bit of riding in wales and around gloucester my prof pic was actually after a ride on top of a big hill XD, weather permitting we are going to do alot of down hilling next week as im guna be de-loading so i dont mind the extra cardio as i wont be killing it in the weight room. im glad the bike impressed you more than the physique!!! it was deffontaly more expensive!

Widge UK
12-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Good luck with the SPBR, I made good progress on it myself about a year ago and screwed it up by getting inconsisstent and changing things all the time.

I had 140kg on my back the other day for calf raises and it felt ridiculously heavy, I cant even imagine trying to squat with that much, like you did successfully recently.

Chest looks fairly big in them pictures.

meh i did 140 aegis ago, i shud be doing 145-150 by now really but ive messed up somewhere, thats why i wana get back onto somthing i know works routine wise, atleast i can say i need to eat more then if it doesent work

Widge UK
12-05-2010, 01:19 PM
going to try and keep my diet really clean with alot more veg the last 2 weeks of uni

Widge UK
12-06-2010, 09:33 AM
going to get a new tattoo today, buzzing, ill get some pics up when its healed

Widge UK
12-06-2010, 02:45 PM
first day of the de load, literally got this all done in 30 mins

NUMBER 4 - i know they are called A,B,C,D but i always refered to them like this for some rason

incline db press - 24kgx5,5,5 - easy/light

dips - bw x 8
10kg + bw x8,8,8

OH press - 30kg x8,8,21 :D still NTF

push downs - 3 sets of 10

done.

Widge UK
12-08-2010, 03:29 PM
couldent deadlift first as all the platfors were being used

chest supported row - various warmups

50x6,6,6,6

deadlift - warmups
130x5,5

barbell row - warmup 1 set
50x,8,8

all these sets were fairly easy, ohhhhh my fuck i am guna go fucking beserk on my deadlift's next time i get the oppotunity, bring on a heavy 5 weeks of training and eating over christmas, i need to get back to setting pr's weekly

Widge UK
12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
flat db bench - warmups

24x5,5,5

incline BB - 40x10,10,10,10

db press - warmups - 18x8,8 24kgx8

2 sets of pushdowns

abs

kram
12-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Thats actually my mates bike who i ride with, its a 456 frame, the rest is pretty much custom, lovly bike, im riding a Kona Kula, its pretty much stock except for bar's, grip's and break's. we have done a bit of riding in wales and around gloucester my prof pic was actually after a ride on top of a big hill XD, weather permitting we are going to do alot of down hilling next week as im guna be de-loading so i dont mind the extra cardio as i wont be killing it in the weight room. im glad the bike impressed you more than the physique!!! it was deffontaly more expensive!

Cool to see a fellow MTBer on here! Sadly mine has been sitting idle farrrrrrrrrr too long. :(

Widge UK
12-13-2010, 03:14 PM
still a bit under the weather, had a heavy cold over fri/sat/sun so took today easy, no sets were really heavy

squats- warmups

120x5,5

SLDL - 60x10,10

barbell row - 60x6,6,6,6

lat pull down - 3x8

calf work

feels good to be back on the SPBR, i read in a post by IA it would be fine to sub out curls for pull downs, they were just in thre because everyone loves a curl!!!! #

3x10 calf's

Widge UK
12-16-2010, 10:08 AM
last nights antic's

ALL WORKOUTS FOR THE NEXT MONTH DONE AT HOME IN GARAGE

always start in here with a long warmup as the temperature is usually close to that of the outside I.E. FUCKING FREEZING

incline db press - bit of a steaper incline than the usual
warmup sets
27.5kgx5,5,8 - was slipping down the bench a bit, better on 1 incline down

dips - BWx8
12.5kg + bw x8,8,8,8. none to failure, last set couple reps short

OHP - bar x 12
40x8,8,8

DB extension - 22.5x10,10,10 - NTF, pretty easy

excellent workout, my mum wanted a lift somwhere, so i didnt have time for abs. loving spbr

T.K
12-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Nice workout, strong dips!! looks like going back to spbr is going well.

Your unlucky with the cold weather, its been warm where I am these past few days. When I say warm I mean warm compared to what it was, below freezing every day.

TheBrent
12-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Solid dips Widge! I'm excited to see where you take the weights on this after some time.

I commend you for lifting in the garage when it's freezing outside... we have it pretty nice on the South West coast in the US as far as weather goes.

Widge UK
12-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Nice workout, strong dips!! looks like going back to spbr is going well.

Your unlucky with the cold weather, its been warm where I am these past few days. When I say warm I mean warm compared to what it was, below freezing every day.

cheers, had a bit of snow here last night, about an inch probly. deadlift's today at some point, should be fun in in this weather, that bar is guna be cooooolllld

Solid dips Widge! I'm excited to see where you take the weights on this after some time.

I commend you for lifting in the garage when it's freezing outside... we have it pretty nice on the South West coast in the US as far as weather goes.

cheers, i actually prefer it in a strange kinda way, ye i give up some comfort with heating/equipment, but i can shout a bit, use chalk and go whenever i want so its a nice trade off =-)

T.K
12-17-2010, 01:35 PM
It snowed a bit here today and my bar was freezing, i'm considering bringing it inside to keep it warm:laugh1:

Widge UK
12-17-2010, 02:48 PM
It snowed a bit here today and my bar was freezing, i'm considering bringing it inside to keep it warm:laugh1:

haha i just got done, to say the bar was cold would be an under statement!!! anywho here it is

deadlift - 150x3,3 - still not at my best with dead's feal's like some lifts are doing very well and dead's are a bit slow, was the other way around this time last year, i guess thats the way it goes.

oly squat (no leg press in garage XD) - 70x10,10 - felt easy so did another 10. last couple reps on all sets paused at ATG

pullup - slightly wider grip than shoulder width, not wide though
BWx6
BW+5kgx6,6,6,6 - these worked well last time with just adding reps every week, if i can do that, and gain some weight, then im in buisness

barbell curl - 32.5x8,8,8

SO SO workout, ive felt stronger and man was it cold, anyway off to the pub to catch up with some freinds, may drink a bit, see what hapen's. til next time fella's peace

Widge UK
12-17-2010, 02:49 PM
10 pages, that was quick

Widge UK
12-20-2010, 04:03 PM
dips after aegi warming up, multiple different stupid things done just to warmup, bodyweight squats, deadlifts with the bar, mobiliaty stuff, pushup, jogging on the spot, jumping, even some dancing!

dips - BWx8
10kg +bwx5
20kg+bwx5
30kg+bwx3,3,3

incline barbell - couple warmup sets
47.5x10,10,10,10

ab work

dumbell press - 20x8,8,8

skull crushers e-z bar - 20x11,10,10

good wo

T.K
12-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Damn!! Strong dips. How's the snow been near you? I brought my bar in last night so it wasn't too cold for deadlifts today.

Widge UK
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Damn!! Strong dips. How's the snow been near you? I brought my bar in last night so it wasn't too cold for deadlifts today.

ta mate, it snowed a shitload over the weekend, probly a good 6 inches on the ground, but nothing since then so its just like a load of dirty, slushy shit outside now.

i hate to admit it but ive been using gloves on my warmup sets, i do alot of diff stuff with light bar's to warmup and my hands just couldent take it anymore :D the idea about bringing it inside is a good one for sure mate.

squats, sldl, barbell row, bicep's tonight, just about to eat 4 sausages and some oats+spinnach for my pre WO :p

where abouts are you from again?

T.K
12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm from near liverpool, we had 9 inches on friday but none since then. A lot of roads haven't been gritted yet so it's been a bit chaotic.

My hands have been alright, but my toes have been freezing even with 3 pairs of socks. I've found having cold showers has really helped me to deal with the cold.

Widge UK
12-22-2010, 07:02 PM
haha i fucking hate cold feet and hands, sooooo annoin. anyway, tonights workout

squats after multiple warmups
125x5,5 - set and easieness pr as in this is the easiest 125 has felt!

SLDL - 65x10,10

BB row - 65x6,6,6,6

pullups - BW x 9,8

then did like 1 set of preacher curls

went straight from this into playing indoor football for an hour, more or less 60 mins or intense cardio, my legs are paying for it now, so stiff, i wudent wana be me in the morning, good workout none the less.

Widge UK
12-24-2010, 11:13 PM
kk just got back from night out, drunk a bit, ive been drinking far to much recently! never heavily tho, usually just have a few loosener's for social reasons :D workout before i went was was follows

incline db - warmups then 31's x5,4 - trouble getting them into position, i have oly dumbell handles and they are pretty annoin to work up to the top position when its heavy, confident i will be able to get the 32's for reps at uni with a spot and easier db's, this is still a pr

dips - went kinda crazy :D
bwx12
bw+15kgx8,8,8,8,8 - just kept grinding them out, the last 3 sets were all pretty hard

OHP barx10 - i alredy feel pretty much spent at this point
30x8
40x9,9 - at this point im spent

db ext

22x10,12.

abs

done.

have a good xmas bro's

Widge UK
12-27-2010, 03:19 PM
deadlifts

150x3,4 - felt as hard/harder than last week, went crazy and got the last rep

oly/narrower squats - 75x10,10

wide pullups
bwx6
bw+5kgx6,6,7, - felt easier

bb curl 32.5x 8,9,9

not my best workout.

Widge UK
12-30-2010, 10:14 AM
ok well yesteday was really weird, woke up fealing ill, was sick a few times, stayed in bed uintil about 8 at which point i felt alot better, it was strange, i got up, ate a bit, ate a bit more then went to sleep and woke up this morning fealing 100%, i dont know what it was, maybe some mild food poisoning of some sort. anyway will be doing yesterday's workout today and continuing with squats tommorow

Widge UK
12-30-2010, 03:53 PM
abs - situps weighted - bwx30, 10kgx15, 20kgx10,10,12

flat db press - warmup sets movign up 5kg each time from 15kg

then - 33.5x5,5 - well from being sick as a dog yesterday to smashing a huge db press pr today, i guess u never know what's just round the corner, an even bigger pr in my home gym with rickety long db's. 36's will be mine at uni.

incline bb - 3 sets with a narrow ish grip (pinky's about an inch and half in from rings) and 1 set wider (middle fingers on ring's)

47.5x10,10,10,12 - another easy pr, no sets near failure, last set maybe 2-3 reps from, wanted to save myself for db press.

db press - warmup set
20x8,8,10

E-Z - skulll crusher's
22.5x10,10,10

pr's across the board

as far as 2010 goes, been a good year for my bodybuilding and sport, not such a great one accademicly as ive made a slow start at uni it must be said. can safely say ive gaind a good 10 lean pounds this year while still giving ALOT of my time and effort to sport. i was 160lbs last new years eve and not as lean as i am/feel at the moment so all good in that department.

a funny thing is ive like doubled my dumbell press, put like 30kg on my dips, but i dont think my bench has gone up at all in 6 mths, seriously, oh well fuck bench, my chest is bigger and i am stronger on everything else.

Widge UK
01-01-2011, 03:46 PM
big workout tonight

squats - multiple warmup sets
130x4,4 - maybe had the 5th rep in me on both sets but didnt want to push it to hard and get bury'd. happy with this. first time ive done more than a single on 130, PR

SLDL - warmup sets
75x10,10 - still struggling to feel this in the hammie's, may get a video up on here for a form look when i get back to uni

BB row - 2 warmup sets
67.5x6,6,6,6 - PR

chin ups, palm's facing me, grip just narrower than shoulders
BWx11,9- happy with this considering i have not done these for a while, im at my heaviest in a long time, and my back was toasted

1 set of curl's

good wo

-SW-
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Strong stuff in here. I'll be following.

Widge UK
01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
diet today - not typical but tis kinda funny how bad it was

-200g salmon
-100g bacon
-50g oats
-orange
-some chocolate

-100g chicken
100g bacon
-apple
-orange
some chocolate

2 mc d's double cheese burger's
apple pie

2 mc d's double cheese burgers
apple pie
applie pie
apple pie

tin tuna
tin sardines

ohhhhhhhhhhhh my lord help me, i guess ive got a bit impatient recently

OKUMatt
01-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Never anything wrong with mcdonald's apple pies.

aaron
01-03-2011, 07:52 AM
mcdonalds double cheeseburger. Amazing.
Isn't there like 24 grams of protein in each?

Widge UK
01-03-2011, 04:27 PM
mcdonalds double cheeseburger. Amazing.
Isn't there like 24 grams of protein in each?

ye, i always chuck the bun's, not a big fan of them at all. so its like 25g protein, 30g fat per double, not bad macro's for a late in the day meal so i dont feal to bad eating them.

its still comfortable over 200g protein for the day probly up towards 250 so im not to concerned, i guess this will be a good trial and error for my body involving the old classic argument of healthy food V whatever you want to get your macro's.

tonights workout

incline barbell - warmups
65x5,5,5

flat dumbell -warmup
23x12,12,10

lateral's 13kgx14,14,14

DB extension

22.5x14,15

weighted situp - 25kgx10,10

T.K
01-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Strong session. I love some Mcdonalds occasionally, I dont like the cheese though so I buy 6 hamburgers and squash it into 1 big burger. The apple pies are awesome as well, but the insides are like 1000000 degrees

Widge UK
01-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Strong session. I love some Mcdonalds occasionally, I dont like the cheese though so I buy 6 hamburgers and squash it into 1 big burger. The apple pies are awesome as well, but the insides are like 1000000 degrees

haha i know man that shit is soooooo annoin.

we smoked a bit and then i brought 2 and just put them on top of the car for like 20 minuets, they were so nice when i ate them, strong munchies!!!

there so cheap and probly one of the best things ever, love maccy's

drugs are bad by the way!!!! mm kay

Widge UK
01-05-2011, 03:31 PM
deadlifts - warmups
150x4,4 - and it felt easy, hopfully this is the start of deadlift progress again. 2 sets of 5 next week.

oly squats - 80x10,10

weighted pullups

varying grips
bwx6

bw+5kg

wide x6
widex7
normal width x8
super wide x6

curls 32.5x10,10

Widge UK
01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
took it light today, was really in bits after last session and been playing alot of sport so needed to take my foot off the pedal somewhat

dips - BWx8,8
10kgx10,10,10

incline db - warmup set
23x12,12

overhead perss
40x12,12

skullcrusher e-z
20x15,15

abs work.

T.K
01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
How's the cricket going? what level are you playing at? Nice lifting aswell, 10kg on dips going light? That would crush me, strong stuff

Widge UK
01-07-2011, 07:46 PM
How's the cricket going? what level are you playing at? Nice lifting aswell, 10kg on dips going light? That would crush me, strong stuff

alrite bro, cricket going ok just having coaching as its off season, still a work in progress, will be playing club/minor count again next year i expect, nothing special.

well i spose it wasnt that light but light considering it was supposed to be a 3x5 or 3x3 as layed out in the programme but im fealing pretty run down, i am going back to uni next saturday so will give it all i got this coming week then probly take a deload the first week back, should work out well as alot of nights out etc in that week, guna have a big weekend of rest and food to get me ready for next week.

take care bro i will swing by your log when i get some time and stop being so modest about being crushed etc, your lifts are good man.

T.K
01-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Crush was probably a bad choice of word, but I am weak on dips

Widge UK
01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
so i have another fucking cold, pissed off, trained anyway, meh, last week before i take a de-load so going all out

squats

130x5,5

sldl - 70x15,15

BB row - 75x4,4,4,4

chinup - bwx12,10,6

Widge UK
01-12-2011, 03:00 PM
sit ups - 25x10,15

incline db - 33.5x3, knew i wouldent be ablt to get them into position for another set so dropped down to 25x8,8

dips - bwx15
10kgx10
20kgx6,6,6

db shoulder press - 20x9,9,9

db OH ext - 27x12,12

last of the chest/delt/tri workouts before deload, very happy with some of the dumbell work and dipping in the last 4 weeks.

T.K
01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
They're some strong dips especially after some incline DB presses. I find DB incline way harder than any other pressing movement, it really hits my chest and shoulders hard.

Hit it hard on friday and enoy your deload:smash:

Widge UK
01-12-2011, 04:15 PM
They're some strong dips especially after some incline DB presses. I find DB incline way harder than any other pressing movement, it really hits my chest and shoulders hard.

Hit it hard on friday and enoy your deload:smash:

same man they smash my shoulder's, those db press numbers are way down, i may consider moving them to a main lift for a 4-5 week spell so i can hit em fresh for a while.

Widge UK
01-14-2011, 07:56 PM
last workout before deload so went a bit crazy XD

deadlifts
150x5
160x1
167.5x1

squats
90x6,6,6

pullups - BWx12-
bw+10kgx3,3
BWx6,narrow

bb curls 30x12,12

Widge UK
01-17-2011, 11:18 PM
deload workout

incline bb 55x5,5

dips bw x 15,20

ohp 35x12,12

pushdown x12,15

abs/stretching

Widge UK
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
deload workout

squats

100x5,5 all build up sets and the work sets were done trying to be explosive with a couple of paused reps at the bottom thrown in hear and there

deadlifts

110x5
70x3,3,3 speed

barbell row

40x6,6,6,6 - quick

pullups bwx7

bb curl - bar (20kg) x15,15 - crazy pump off of this

done =-) figured i may aswell squad and dead today just to keep in the groove with deads and i didnt want to do sldl at all, probly guna drop them now.

aaron
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Nice stuff man. I did some barbell curls today as well just for abit of fun. Crazy pump as well. I did them seated. It shortens the ROM but means its easier to keep your elbows back and focus on your biceps only.

Are you at uni at the moment? which one did u say you were at again?

Widge UK
01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Nice stuff man. I did some barbell curls today as well just for abit of fun. Crazy pump as well. I did them seated. It shortens the ROM but means its easier to keep your elbows back and focus on your biceps only.

Are you at uni at the moment? which one did u say you were at again?

regardless of what anyone says, i enjoy me some curls!!! and i dont see how a couple of low intensity sets at the end of a workout can hurt

ye im at uni now uintil easter/early summer time, im in gloucester. its more fun being at uni but diet is a drag.

aaron
01-19-2011, 02:27 PM
regardless of what anyone says, i enjoy me some curls!!! and i dont see how a couple of low intensity sets at the end of a workout can hurt

ye im at uni now uintil easter/early summer time, im in gloucester. its more fun being at uni but diet is a drag.

haha same I have to say curls are probably my favourite exercise. i've missed them.

fair enough. i'm still at home. i dont start up again till like febuary 1st or somthing. I prefer being at home though. I love London.

Widge UK
01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
i know what you mean mate, i love being at home but also love being at uni there are pro's and con's of both, as far as training goes id say i prefer home but only just because i have the garage to my self and can nail diet.

where abouts are you from in ldn?

Widge UK
01-21-2011, 12:08 PM
waiting to go train, the gym was sposed to open an hour ago, its so fucking unreliable

Widge UK
01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
NUmber 2 workout

dips

BW+30kgx4,4

incline bb 55x8,8,8

lateral 17.5kgx8,10,10 - only db that was available =-( momentum used

pushdowns 55x15,15

ab work
stretching

47.5x10,10,10,12 - another easy pr, no sets near failure, last set maybe 2-3 reps from, wanted to save myself for db press. - DESTROY THIS, 50x10,10,10,10

aaron
01-23-2011, 08:06 AM
i know what you mean mate, i love being at home but also love being at uni there are pro's and con's of both, as far as training goes id say i prefer home but only just because i have the garage to my self and can nail diet.

where abouts are you from in ldn?

i'm from South London.

My diet is always worse at home because my mum does most of the shopping. Tonnes of carbs, almost zero protein lol

Widge UK
01-23-2011, 11:18 AM
i'm from South London.

My diet is always worse at home because my mum does most of the shopping. Tonnes of carbs, almost zero protein lol

:(, my parents are pretty good like that, they pretty much buy what i want really so loads of beef, chicken and tuna then they buy oats and vege's anyway and thats pretty much me done then i just get odd bits at tesco/fast food time to time.

shopping annoin at uni when you eat so much.

got a few mates at uni from south london area, mostly croyden.

T.K
01-23-2011, 01:19 PM
You're lucky, I have to buy all my own food. I eat all the fruit and veg my mum buys though because nobody else does

aaron
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
:(, my parents are pretty good like that, they pretty much buy what i want really so loads of beef, chicken and tuna then they buy oats and vege's anyway and thats pretty much me done then i just get odd bits at tesco/fast food time to time.

shopping annoin at uni when you eat so much.

got a few mates at uni from south london area, mostly croyden.

yer at uni it sucks. my fridge is so small i have to go shopping almost every day. I have to share my fridge with like 5 other people so my space leaves me room for bit of brocolli and a pack or 2 of steak lol

oh right. thats cool. I live in Croydon too.

Widge UK
01-24-2011, 07:22 AM
yer at uni it sucks. my fridge is so small i have to go shopping almost every day. I have to share my fridge with like 5 other people so my space leaves me room for bit of brocolli and a pack or 2 of steak lol

oh right. thats cool. I live in Croydon too.

man that sounds awful, our fridge is pretty decent size and i pretty much share a whole fridge with 1 other guy who just eats normally so i can pack alot of food in. typical diet at the moment is

wake up - 10g bcaa 5geaa 5g creatine
20 mins later - tin tuna, olive oil, scooop whey, 50g oats, apple
200g minced beaf, bologonaise sauce, chease, 50g oats
during workout- 15gbcaa
post workout - 2 scoops whey, whatever carbs are laying around for about 40g worth
2 chicken breasts, walnuts, olive oil
5/6 eggs

using creatine, multi, fish oil and a calcium/magnesium/zinc sup + extra vitamin C

Widge UK
01-24-2011, 01:07 PM
deadlifts 150x5,5 - HUGE UNI PR, the reason its a pr from home aswell is that im in my lifting shoes and there 45's are a bit smaller so it puts about an inch on the ROM, probly had more in me aswell, delighted with this.

leg press - some paused
130x12,15

dumbell row
44x6,6 - fucking massive handles messing with my grip, my grip is not strong enough nor my hands big enough to do these properly with this much weight, still a PR but i wish the handles were smaller, determined to get an iron grip and fuck these up tho!!!!

in light of the grip situ decided to do

lat pull down 55x8,8,12

dumbell curl - 20x3 BLEHHH
12.5x12

done, good wo

T.K
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Nice PR! It's probably going to work out good using smaller plates, when you get home, or use some proper sized plates you'll smash a MASSIVE PR

My DB handles arequite big aswell, not as big as some i've seen but it's enough to make rows even harder. By the time I get to doing my grip work my hands are nearly useless.

Widge UK
01-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Nice PR! It's probably going to work out good using smaller plates, when you get home, or use some proper sized plates you'll smash a MASSIVE PR

My DB handles arequite big aswell, not as big as some i've seen but it's enough to make rows even harder. By the time I get to doing my grip work my hands are nearly useless.

ye 1 of those things that feels bad at the time but once the ego is rained in its probly to your advantage.

incline db press
32x5,5

dips, 15kgx10,9,10

overhead press 40kgx8,8,10

skull crusher - 16kg bar
15x8,8,8

small amount of ab work

workout was done today as biking all day tommorow.

T.K
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Solid day. Your dip strength is awesome, that's some heavy work after DB inclines. Enjoy your biking tomorrow

Widge UK
01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Solid day. Your dip strength is awesome, that's some heavy work after DB inclines. Enjoy your biking tomorrow

ta, love dips.

Widge UK
01-27-2011, 07:53 AM
went to bed fairly early last night at like 1 (early for me) was really keen to get a good 8-9 hours sleep instead was up til 5 as all the cunts coming in from the nite out were being stupidly loud, they have no fucking respect for other people, everytime i come in and other people havnt gone out cuz they have lectures in the morning etc i whisper or go to somones room, now i feal like shit. rghhhh

T.K
01-27-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't know if I could cope with uni life. I can get on with anybody and it would probably be a good laugh but I like to keep everywhere clean and all my mates seem to live in a discusting mess at uni and no one cleans anything.

Widge UK
01-28-2011, 06:08 AM
I don't know if I could cope with uni life. I can get on with anybody and it would probably be a good laugh but I like to keep everywhere clean and all my mates seem to live in a discusting mess at uni and no one cleans anything.

haha i cant sympathise with you on this one mate, my room is usually pretty messy and i hate cleaning anything, its a good laugh ye but no one goes out every night and if you dont wana go out you end up just thinking you may aswell have as all youve done is lsten to there bull shit shouting outside your room, deffo the good sleep is one of the best things about being home. up early for workout today, bring on squats!!!

Widge UK
01-28-2011, 08:51 AM
squats

135x3,4 - slight help from the spotter on the 4th, it was either 135 or 130 as the gym here only has 2.5's so i went for it, pretty happy with it i guess.

bench pull/chest supported row - 55x7,7,7,7

wide grip pullup very strict x 7 -just for fun really XD NTF

good mornings - 60x,12,12 - lights, fealing out form, brought these in as im folding over a bit on squats, trying to learn the form here before i cycle them in as a main lift

curl barbell 32x8,8

good session, feels good to get it done early so i can relax and get a good sleep tonight.

Widge UK
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
yesterday's workout, crazy heavy night last night, lot of drinking, stripper, club, went about 7 hours without food before having a cab, ended up getting back into uni at 9 this morning so got 5 hours sleep then. going to be taking a month off going out drinking from now, only been doing it once a week but still.

db bench - 32.5x6
35x5,5 BOOM massive pr

incline barbell - this was screwed as there was no racks so i was cleaning the bar then sitting back onto bench before set, didnt help really and it wasnt an oly bar so i didnt know the weight of it, not even guna write it in

seated db press - 20x8,8,10

abs

rope pushdowns.

T.K
02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Bet that was an awesome night. I've found when I don't drink for a while I can handle loads when I go back to it, I always thought it was meant to be the other way round.

Some strong DB benching 35kg is strong

Widge UK
02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Bet that was an awesome night. I've found when I don't drink for a while I can handle loads when I go back to it, I always thought it was meant to be the other way round.

Some strong DB benching 35kg is strong

it was so good mate, pretty much perfect, massive pre drinks at flat and stripper for some guys birthday, good club and didnt have to go home alone!, you will have to have a big night out after your meet to celebrate all the hard work, and meh im a lightweight at the best of times.

35's felt good, i recon if i skip the 32.5 warmup i can go heavier

Widge UK
02-02-2011, 02:05 PM
deadlifts

155x3,4

paused narrow stance atg squats

90x8,10

110x4 for fun.

strict wide grip pullup

bwx7,7,7,7

db row, 34x12,12

calfs and 1 set of curls

Widge UK
02-03-2011, 10:25 AM
lats very sore today, fire alarm went off at half 4 last night so went outside, got back to sleep at 6, woke up at 2

sleep clock = fucked

aaron
02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
lol hate fire alarms. hate it when twats just set them off for a laugh.

Widge UK
02-03-2011, 05:37 PM
lol hate fire alarms. hate it when twats just set them off for a laugh.

i know man, it was this kid who is just a massive bell end aswell, ive nearly had fights with him so many times in clubs but as you probs know theres always some do gooder jumping in yelling break it up, everyone hates him now so im not that bothered, got cricket coaching 2moro eve so guna TRY get to sleep early tonite, and hit gym early afternoon 2mo to get it out the way.

Widge UK
02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
strange workout today, went very early (for me) due to being busy all afternoon/evening, as soon as i got up this morning i wasnt fealing it, my lats are sore as fuck and pretty sure i could still feel some doms in my chest from monday, however, me being me, i wanted to set pr's anyway, i really need to start raining myself in on days like these, when your eating alot and you look forward to your workouts so much its a bitter pill to go in and not try and do your best and get pr's, but its one i need to swallow more often i feel.

ANYWAY

incline bb narrow grip
60x7,7 - not TO bad. my incline feals alot stronger when im at home for some reason, probly the angle of the bench, its deffonatly lower at home but the benches only have a few settings here so its either nearly flat or higher than id like

dips - 20kgx6,6,8 - PR, it started looking up here

overhead press - 40x10,10,10 PR still pretty dog tho.

skull crusher - 16kg bar, 15x10,10,10 PR

abs

not to bad, some notes on what i think i need to workout for my own reference

my incline bb is good off the chest but about half way through the motion theres a hefty sticking point, im decent either side of it but i think i could benefit from some work off the pins.

also feel that im no really getting alot out of overhead pressing as my 3rd excersise, after this training block i will probobly move it to a main lift for a 4-5 week block instead of an incline press, My OH has always been week and i feal my chest will get enough stimulation from the 2nd excersise anyway be it dips, db press or somthing else.

weight - weighd in at 180 on the scales today, , thats like 12lbs since august, to fast for my likings but my body is like that, i can go months in a caloric surplus and not put on weight then BOOM, last time this hapend i spent a good few months after just getting stronger at the same weight, hopfully this will hapen again as my lifts are sooooooooooo bad for somone with a gym weight of 180.

very much looking forward to being at home around may, my diet is guna be the best fucking diet ever to grace this earth, am going to aim to recomp all through early may-late september, if could get to like 175 lean by the star of november then that would net me like 10lbs of muscle for the year which id take any day of the week

anyway thats all along way in the future, just thought id give a little update instead of just puting in my lifts.

Widge UK
02-07-2011, 12:57 PM
soon as i did my first warmup set i knew i was guna be setting some pr's today, felt strong

squat

140x3,3 - huge PR

good morning - 75x6,6,6 - PR

bench pull/row - 65x5,5,5,5 - PR

lat pull down 55x12,13

dumbell curl - 15x10
7.5x8 drop set.

T.K
02-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Awesome! Good to see some PRs, that's some strong squatting

Widge UK
02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Awesome! Good to see some PRs, that's some strong squatting

there was more in the tank bro, stay tuned for 150!

Widge UK
02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
today's diet thus far

wake up
10g bcaa 5g glutamine 5g creatine - this tasted really good just kidding it was the worst thing ever.
20 mins later
200g minced beef, a fried egg, 75g oats
intra workout - 10g bcaa
post wo - 2 scoops recovery XS, bascially 30g whey, 20g waxy maise.

just about to head out to do shopping, probly pick up a kfc aswell. bring on the calories!

Widge UK
02-09-2011, 12:44 PM
dips - bwx8
10kgx5
20kgx5
30kgx5,5 - PR

incline dumbell 32x6,6,6 - couple assisted reps in there, still big pr

dumbell seated press - 20kgx11,10,9 - mehh

some pushdowns

abs

body fealing it a bit, very heavy day. guna spend a good 30-40mins tonight stretching my whole body and generally resting, balls tot he wall deads on friday then im probly guna take my foot off the gas for the following monday;s workout altough depends how i feal.

Widge UK
02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
going to get "sacrificium ante palma" tattoo'd under the one i alredy have that you can see below (when i first had it done) it means sacrifice before glory.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/nazzer123/widge/POF2.jpg

T.K
02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Nice Pr on dips. I've been doing a bit more stretching recently and foam rolling, it's made a big difference. I've been doing contrast showers when I wake up and that's helped aswell

Widge UK
02-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Nice Pr on dips. I've been doing a bit more stretching recently and foam rolling, it's made a big difference. I've been doing contrast showers when I wake up and that's helped aswell

cheers bro, the fucking light i my bathroom is gone atm so im guna have to shower in the dark, may try some contrast!!!! love dips. need to get my shoulder movments going tho

T.K
02-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Nice idea for the tattoo, I really want to get some done but have been struggling for ideas. which myprotien supps you got in the background there? I used to take NOW adam multi but couldn't find it on any uk sites so switched to myprotiens multi, seems like they've got a similar vitamin profile

Widge UK
02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Nice idea for the tattoo, I really want to get some done but have been struggling for ideas. which myprotien supps you got in the background there? I used to take NOW adam multi but couldn't find it on any uk sites so switched to myprotiens multi, seems like they've got a similar vitamin profile

cheers, i recon if you just give it time you will think of one and just be like YES im getting that.

its glucosamine sulphate, also take there multi, fish oil, whey, glutamine, creatine, bcaa's. love that site, nothing but good value and rapid delivery.

T.K
02-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Definitely the best uk site for supps. Iv got their fish oil, multi and zinc&magnesium. I wish they wouldn't flavour the fish oil though, the combined taste of fish oil and strawberry is worse than fish oil on it's own

Widge UK
02-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Definitely the best uk site for supps. Iv got their fish oil, multi and zinc&magnesium. I wish they wouldn't flavour the fish oil though, the combined taste of fish oil and strawberry is worse than fish oil on it's own

rgh that sounds so awful, i just use the capsual's, worse money wise but saves me alot of hastle.

i use a calcium/magnesium/zinc supp from holland and barret, take 3 before bed every night, have had some fucked up dreams. mannnn i am so sore right now, not even a good sore, horrible.

Widge UK
02-09-2011, 09:28 PM
just read the wes momorial thread again, tears in my eyes, RIP never forgotten

vamshi
02-09-2011, 10:45 PM
hey brah,

bhillz from bb.com is in :cool:

Widge UK
02-10-2011, 08:07 AM
hey brah,

bhillz from bb.com is in :cool:

sup man. good ol bb.com, i hate myself for going on there but kind of enjoy it at the same time, cheers for dropping in do you have a log here?

T.K
02-10-2011, 11:09 AM
what do you think of west ham beating Tottenham for the olympic stadium? I think it's stupid since west ham are goin to be playing championship football for atleast a couple of seasons

Widge UK
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
what do you think of west ham beating Tottenham for the olympic stadium? I think it's stupid since west ham are goin to be playing championship football for atleast a couple of seasons

its jokes mate and for the exact reason you stated, thats what i keep saying to everyone, we will be getting further in every cup, and be in europe, do not understand why they would get it but they have, have fun having a shit fucking team and watching your games from miles away because you have a dumb ass track round your pitch. going to the lane > watching with a track in front of you, f that for a laugh.

anyyyyyway. large dominoz last night = just had a sick workout even tho my hammies were still a bit sore from monday

deadlifts -155x4,4

paused atg olympic squat - 100x5,5 - probly more in me
80x15 - this hurt, alot.

pullup grip just wider than shoulder width

bwx6
5kgx5,5,5,5 ntf.

db row 34x15,15

some curls for dem gurls.

beast mode workout, was in the zone all the way. looking forward to my rest over the weekend.

T.K
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Got to get some dominoz, so damn tasty. Strong deads, them 80x15 squats must have been painful after all the paused squats and deads. Doesn't matter what the weight is, higher reps kill me.

Widge UK
02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Got to get some dominoz, so damn tasty. Strong deads, them 80x15 squats must have been painful after all the paused squats and deads. Doesn't matter what the weight is, higher reps kill me.

same man i was gassing hard after 8 or so reps.

-planning on carrying on in this veign til some time in may (whenever i get home) at which point i will embark on a recomp/cut style diet uintil late september ( when i return to uni )

Widge UK
02-14-2011, 12:50 PM
seated dumbell press (shoulder) 25x5,5,6 - incorperated to try and get my shoulders stronger, there behind.

dumbell press (flat, chest) 27.5x10,9,8 - good off the chest, struggling to lock out

pin press (high - workiong the lockout) 75x6,7 - all my press's are ok at the bottom but not great at the top, trying to overload my tri's more, pushdowns i dont feel have given me anything size or strength wise.

lateral raise - 15x8,8,8

pressups bwx20,20 NTF

weighted ab work

long and bits and peices workout today, not that happy with it but shall see how i go with the new excersises and slightly more volume.

T.K
02-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Good idea working on your weak points. it's wierd how sticking points can change, I used to get pinned off the chest on benching, now its near the top.

Widge UK
02-15-2011, 09:33 AM
holy fuuuuuuuuuuuu i am sore this morning, dont know whether going out had anything to do with it. i did what i always do and just have 5 or so drinks on an empty stomach (vodka diet mixer) then just drink water when im in the club (atleast 4 pints) so i just get a social buzz and am usually stone cold sobre half way through the night but it was good night.

chest and abs are killing me, heavy squats are guna be fun 2mo

-SW-
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Did you pull?

Widge UK
02-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Did you pull?

haha yea it was like the first time iver ever worn somthing other than a jumper/long sleeve button up shirt, had a pretty tight t-shirt on, had loads of confidence. was with 4 or 5 diff girls through the night, didnt go home with any of them tho, soona have a chicken kebab =-)

Widge UK
02-16-2011, 02:11 AM
sitting here at 7 in the morning went to bed at 3 not slept a wink, went fucking beserk smashed some shit cuz i was so annoid. guna eat and hit the gym and about half 8, hmm this should be a intresting experiment. me amazed if i can move any weight.

fucking so angry at myself right now for letting my sleep clock slip back and back again and it always ends like this, i literally have to start just setting a time in the morning and getting up then no matter what, no more staying up late and sleeping uintil i want.

aaron
02-16-2011, 05:39 AM
its really annoying when that happens. last year i couldn't get any sleep for ages. I would sleep about 3 hours every 2 days. I found the best thing to do is not stress over it. I know its hard and took me a while to stop caring.

Surprisingly having not slept at all or much i still managed to hit PR's!

Widge UK
02-16-2011, 05:53 AM
its really annoying when that happens. last year i couldn't get any sleep for ages. I would sleep about 3 hours every 2 days. I found the best thing to do is not stress over it. I know its hard and took me a while to stop caring.

Surprisingly having not slept at all or much i still managed to hit PR's!

haha funny you should say that, just returned from gym and on no sleep managed to smash some pr's.

squat

140x4,4 - pr

good morning - 70x8,8,8 - thouught this was 75 but it felt too light even for rep work so put on 90 and did 2x5

pullups - very wide grip bwx7, conventional 'wide grip' x 7,7

dumbell rows - 36x15,15

barbell curl's 36x8,8
drop set 26x10

squats flew up, had no spotter, i recon i have 150 in my locker which i am stoked about. i wanted to do chest supported row but there was someone using it and i never like asking to work in idk why im just shy like that :(, pullups were ok.

crazy pump off curl's XD

@aaron - the more i do this lifting thing the more i think that if its your day its your day and no matter what if your on it then pr's guna be fucking smashed rest/food regardless, for me those 2 things just help me have more of those days than not. but even tho i stayed up all friggin night staring at the stealing stressin my ass off, when i got up, i knew i was guna be moving more weight than i ever had before this morning.

now all i have to do is not fall asleep all afternoon and fuck myself even more, i think alot of COD should solve this problem!!! where is your log aaron?

-SW-
02-16-2011, 06:05 AM
That's some nice squats.

First year uni is just like that with regards to sleeping patterns. Which sucked for me because I had 9am starts everyday.

Things'll change in second, third (and fourth and fifth if applicable) year, though.

aaron
02-16-2011, 06:19 AM
haha funny you should say that, just returned from gym and on no sleep managed to smash some pr's.

squat

140x4,4 - pr

good morning - 70x8,8,8 - thouught this was 75 but it felt too light even for rep work so put on 90 and did 2x5

pullups - very wide grip bwx7, conventional 'wide grip' x 7,7

dumbell rows - 36x15,15

barbell curl's 36x8,8
drop set 26x10

squats flew up, had no spotter, i recon i have 150 in my locker which i am stoked about. i wanted to do chest supported row but there was someone using it and i never like asking to work in idk why im just shy like that :(, pullups were ok.

crazy pump off curl's XD

@aaron - the more i do this lifting thing the more i think that if its your day its your day and no matter what if your on it then pr's guna be fucking smashed rest/food regardless, for me those 2 things just help me have more of those days than not. but even tho i stayed up all friggin night staring at the stealing stressin my ass off, when i got up, i knew i was guna be moving more weight than i ever had before this morning.

now all i have to do is not fall asleep all afternoon and fuck myself even more, i think alot of COD should solve this problem!!! where is your log aaron?

awesome stuff man! I dunno but there must be a reason behind not sleeping and hitting PRs. lol

Good positive attitude to have. Yer lol dont fall asleep early, wait it out till tonight!

I don't update it anymore, no point really. I keep a log in a notebook now!
Besides 20 tomorrow so too old for the teen section.

Widge UK
02-16-2011, 06:40 AM
awesome stuff man! I dunno but there must be a reason behind not sleeping and hitting PRs. lol

Good positive attitude to have. Yer lol dont fall asleep early, wait it out till tonight!

I don't update it anymore, no point really. I keep a log in a notebook now!
Besides 20 tomorrow so too old for the teen section.

fair nuf, maaaan i have to see it out tonight but ive still got what like a good 10+ hours till ill be ready to go to sleep. FML. i used to just keep a notebook when i trained in my garage but it was hastle taking it and a pen to the gym every time and its easier to follow in here. ill be 20 in july.

T.K
02-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Nice squatting! I'm 20 in july aswell :party:

Widge UK
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
what date is yours on tk? you should hit up dominoez for your birthday, 2000 calorie pizza for your 20th!!!

__________________________________________________ _________________

went gym early today, decent workout, got through it quick

dips bwx 10
bw+15kkgx5
bw+25kgx3
bw+35kgx3,2 - felt i had another in my but lost control and went down a bit quick, couldent get back up =-(

incline barbell narrow ish grip - 50x10,10,12 - still meh on this excersise

overhead press 40x10,10 - this has just well and truly stalled now. its gone for the next few weeks alteast.

skull crushers - 16kg bar i think 15x13,13,13

some laterals and ab work.

todays diet.

10g bcaa, 5g glutamine, 5g creatine
3 fried eggs, tin tuna, 75g oats, multi vit.
black coffe
during workout - 10g bcaa
post wo - 40g whey, 40g waxy, creatine.
2 double cheese burgers no bread, apple pic (mcd's) - black coffe
(cricket training)
double cheeseburger no bread - black tea.

thats all so far, let me tell you guys IT IS NOT EASY EATING THIS CLEAN (sarcasm) the ironic thing is, im the biggest and strongest ive ever been and in the last few months my diet has been its worst ever but ive probly made my best ever progress. feels good!!!!

ill need to read back a few pages but i must nearly be due a de-load, guna just plough on uintil i FEEL i really need it.

Widge UK
02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
note to self for next incline barbell session, most recent rep work incline bb 55x8,8,8 (55x10,10,10 = goal)

T.K
02-19-2011, 01:10 PM
20 on the 12th of July, maybe i'll eat 1000 calories for every year i've been alive :D

Widge UK
02-20-2011, 10:58 AM
15 minuets treadmill brisk walk 4.5 incline
10 minuets rowing machine
stretching
foam rolling, few press ups, some excersises with 5kg dumbells (upper body only)
stretching
dc shoulder stretch and rotator work
more foam rolling, more stretching.

Widge UK
02-21-2011, 01:08 PM
deadlifts
160x3,3 - pr

paused narrow stance squats 110x5,5

bench pull - 60x7,7
70x4
wider grip 50x10,10.

hammer curl 15x12,12

calf work.

Widge UK
02-23-2011, 12:45 PM
incline db press - 34x4,4,4 - its actually crazy how much of a pr this is lol, i wouldent dream of even touching 30's a few months ago

dips bw+20kgx8,8,8

pin press 60x6 - at this point i go to the toilet, leave my water bottle on bench, come back and smoe cunt is unloading my bar and taken the rack, didnt bother arguing just walked out

lateral raise - 15kgx12,12,12,8 drop set 10x8

ab wheel x8,8,8

to make up for earlier did some skull crushers as push down was being used, 16kg bar, 20x 6,6.

stretching etc. good wo, kinda ruined my rhythhm when lost the rack but oh well shit hapens i guess

OKUMatt
02-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Next time you pull a hammer out of your gym bag and hit him in the head. Good dips man.

aaron
02-23-2011, 01:17 PM
man your deadlifts and squats are strong! with the narrow stance squats do you do them with your feet straight forward less than shoulder width. I used to do them like like and they killed my quads but after a while I started to really feel it in my knees.

Widge UK
02-23-2011, 02:09 PM
man your deadlifts and squats are strong! with the narrow stance squats do you do them with your feet straight forward less than shoulder width. I used to do them like like and they killed my quads but after a while I started to really feel it in my knees.

feet are about shoulder width, pointing slightly out, my strongest stance is about 3 inches wider so its not mega narrow, paused squats are just hard as hell, would reccomend doing them tho i feel them and good mornings are help push my deadlift up, pretty sure i could pull 4 plates at home now (bigger plates, bare feet)

@matt i was tempted to just be like WTF but im pretty chill so just cracked on,

in other news there was the hottest girl ever in the gym, i looked at her and she looked at me, then this happend http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/45/1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

T.K
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
there was the hottest girl ever in the gym

Biggest disadvantage of home gym, no hot girls

Widge UK
02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Biggest disadvantage of home gym, no hot girls

duno brah cant you see your mum from the shed?

YE I DID

Widge UK
02-25-2011, 09:16 AM
squat
140x5,5 massive pr

goodmorning 80x10,12

pullup bw x8,8,8 - tumb wrapped round habber grip bit, strongest grip probly

wide grip lat pull - 55x12,12

barbell curl 2x20 (bar)

excellent workout, hammys will be smoked in the morning

Widge UK
02-26-2011, 10:35 AM
last nights meal

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/nazzer123/pizza.jpg

XD

Widge UK
02-28-2011, 12:55 PM
flat db press

37.5x5,5 - slight help from spotter and these have really narrow ends which makes them hard to throw up + they have shitty grips and i have sweaty hands, not a good combo, lost balance couple times, was awquad.

flat db still - 25x12,12

seated db press 25x6,6,5 - help from spotter on last reps of first 2 sets, didnt want to go this heavy but the gym was so busy it was either these or 17.5's and that would have been to light.

pin press - again annoin on this excersise, racks seem to have holes at different heights so these were only 2-3 inches of chest - narrowish grip 60x6,6

laterals 15x,12,12

ab wheel x8,8
situps 2x20

stretching

bit of an annoin workout, didnt flow very well and went heavier and harder than i wanted on all the lifts due to weights not being available etc, gym was sooooooo busy, thinking i will up the rep range on friday, take some strain off my joints.

peace out.

T.K
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Nice squat PR, Well deserved Pizza I think, it looks amazing.

Solid bench day considering it didn't flow. I have stupid spinlock DBs so when I want to change the weight I have to mess about for ages and if I can't find the right weight or the bits that lock on at the end I seem to get out of the zone and I cant lift as much. I should probably just be tidier and this wouldn't hapen

Widge UK
02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Nice squat PR, Well deserved Pizza I think, it looks amazing.

Solid bench day considering it didn't flow. I have stupid spinlock DBs so when I want to change the weight I have to mess about for ages and if I can't find the right weight or the bits that lock on at the end I seem to get out of the zone and I cant lift as much. I should probably just be tidier and this wouldn't hapen

i have that problem when im at home, you should get oly db hanles brah and collars, helps alot from that screw lock messing around, my gym also always a mess. was still a pr on most excersises regardles of fealing pretty shitty. heavy dead's wedensday, light chest/delt/tri friday. PLAN.

im going up to pool to see a mate at some point tk, what part you live in?

T.K
02-28-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't live in liverpool, just near liverpool about 20 mins away. And I'll probly get sum oly db handles, after I get sum more bands

Widge UK
02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
todays diet

10g bcaa 10g glutamine
200g chicken, spinach, tin baked beans low sugar, 2 tbsp olive oil
intra workout 10g bcaa
post wo 40g whey 50g waxy maise
200g chicken 2tbsp olive oil, 50g oats
6 eggs, some ice cream
tin tuna, olive oil

supplements

multi vit's
extra calcium and vitamin d3
extra vita C
zink/magnesiu,
10 fishoil caps
2 litres green tea
4 cups coffe

pretty typical, its got me growing eating this way ill say that for it, clean? not so much tho.

Widge UK
03-01-2011, 09:57 AM
4 sets of direct chest work and sore as hell today, shoulders/abs sore aswell.

Widge UK
03-02-2011, 01:40 PM
deadlifts

160x3,3,3 - was not fealing amazing today and had a weird fealing in stomach/throat like i needed to burp all through the pull's it was horrible and didnt wana go crazy thought i might puke in the rep it was that bad, still a pr of sorts.

bench pull 65x6,6,6,8
wide gripp BW pullup x8,8

leg press - paused x 8,8
whole stackx10 drop set x10 dont remember weights but my god my legs were pumped after this

calfs

barbell curl 36x9,9

foam rolling/stretching.

GYM WEIGHT - 186LBS

Widge UK
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
fridays workout (garage)

incline bb - 60x8,8,8 - light

dips bw x 18,18,20 Rest paused last 5

OHP 40x12,12

skullcrusher 20x20,20

took it easy

__________________________________________________ ______________--

mondays workout (garage)

squat -
135x1
145x1
150x1
155x1
160x1 - massive pr

narrow'er stance

100x10,10

bb row 60x10,10,10

chinup bwx10

2 sets of curls

Widge UK
03-09-2011, 03:34 PM
some new lifts swapped in

paused bench wide ish grip

50x4,4,4,4,4 - light - getting form

incline dumbell 32'sx6,6,6

seated db press 20x12,112

ab work

skull crush 16lg bar - 15x15,15

good wo.

T.K
03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Some good workouts recently, nice squat pr, not a long way from 4 plates. Congrats on spurs gettin thru, its a good feeling.

cheesecake0
03-11-2011, 07:07 AM
strong squatting man.

How you finding BCAA's? I've recently ordered some only taking it intra workout tho

Widge UK
03-11-2011, 03:55 PM
strong squatting man.

How you finding BCAA's? I've recently ordered some only taking it intra workout tho

Meh i guess there ok, they are cheap and i hate eating as soon as i get up so it helps me to wake up and drink somthing first before eating

Widge UK
03-11-2011, 03:57 PM
deadlift

160x4,4,4 - fear this may have stalled out, 160 has felt the same for a while now. probly guna look to get soem defecits in here if possible.

pullups bw x 9,8,6,6

leg press - paused 105x6,6
160x12

db row 32x20,20

Widge UK
03-12-2011, 09:38 AM
my back is so sore today, upper and lower. serious ouch. thank god i have 2 days of rest.

Widge UK
03-13-2011, 10:11 AM
so guna take this week very light, im just sore everywhere atm, struggling to sleep and dont really wana eat anything so i think its time to back off slightly, flicking back its been a while since i did some higher rep stuff so thats what im guna do.

cheesecake0
03-13-2011, 03:08 PM
good idea if your always sore and sleep loss, loss of appetite etc.

what uni you at bro?

Widge UK
03-13-2011, 07:23 PM
good idea if your always sore and sleep loss, loss of appetite etc.

what uni you at bro?

soreness is not so bad now im up and about but still pretty stiff, probly get some high reps going at a lighter weight for tommorow.

at gloucester mate you at 6th form/uni?

Widge UK
03-14-2011, 03:25 PM
de-load workout, higher reps

seated shoulder press dumbells
17.5x15,15,15

incline laterals - used to do these back in teh day when i was using a 5 day split lolz, normal lateral i feel more in my traps - 7.5x12,12,12 - yes they are tough.

dumbell chest press 25x8,8,8

skull crusher - 16kg bar 15x20

some stretching and few pressups, more or less it. pretty quick/easy.

T.K
03-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I did some DB shoulder presses a couple of weeks ago, I was smoked after 10 reps with 10kg DBs lol. I can do push press with 70kg though, everything is so much harder with DBs for me.

Hope you come back from the de-load feeling good and ready to smash some PRs

Widge UK
03-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I did some DB shoulder presses a couple of weeks ago, I was smoked after 10 reps with 10kg DBs lol. I can do push press with 70kg though, everything is so much harder with DBs for me.

Hope you come back from the de-load feeling good and ready to smash some PRs

i know man, i did those 3 sets and my tri's were gas'd. will see how this week treets me.

im fat as fuck atm. feelbadman.

cheesecake0
03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
soreness is not so bad now im up and about but still pretty stiff, probly get some high reps going at a lighter weight for tommorow.

at gloucester mate you at 6th form/uni?

yeah at portsmouth uni brah.

get back to heavy stuff soon!

Widge UK
03-14-2011, 04:54 PM
yeah at portsmouth uni brah.

get back to heavy stuff soon!

rgh nice my mate here always goes down there sez its a sick uni with good nights out.

Widge UK
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM
new lifts for after the de-load

Monday
Squat or box squat 2-3 x 5
good morning 3 x 6-10
pull up - 4x8
dumbell row 2x20
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Wednesday
paused bench press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 3x6
lateral raise 4x10
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

Friday
defecit deadlift 3x3
dimmel dead - 2x6
chest supported row 4x6
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Monday
seated dumbell shoulder press or incline dumbell press - 3x5
weighted dips 3x8
laterals - 3x10
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10
pressups - 2x25
Ab work 3 x 10

trying to work speed off the floor on deads aswell as lockout but mainly guna use dimmels to practice getting my hips through. squats still moving up so no need to swap out. everything else pretty standard. looking forward to see what i can get up to on bench as my dumbell press has gone up a shitload.

Widge UK
03-16-2011, 03:33 PM
squat 100x10, 120x5

GM - 60x8,8

bench pulls, curls, lat pull down all light.

Widge UK
03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
maxes to date

squat 160
dead 180
bench 85

id be happy to be hitting a 180 squat, 200 dead and 100 bench by this time next year, i havent benched in 6 months anyway so idk where im at im probly good for close to 100 but my bench has a horrible habbit of stalling for months at a time.

Widge UK
03-18-2011, 10:56 AM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/nazzer123/widge/umad.jpg

cheesecake0
03-18-2011, 11:22 AM
strong numbers and looking swole!

Widge UK
03-18-2011, 11:28 AM
ta cheese, get some pics up of yourself sometime. i actually like taking pics in shirt (topless pics on page 8) cuz can look back and see if it got tighter XD no homo. anyone know how to make pics from your blackberry bigger?

T.K
03-18-2011, 11:37 AM
I can't take decent pictures of myself on my blackberry, so I make a video and take a still from it on windows movie maker. If you want to make a picture bigger you could try opening it in microsoft publisher, stretching it, Then right click on it and save as picture. There's probably easier ways but that's the only one I know. There is always paint but when I stretch pictures on it they go all crazy.

Widge UK
03-18-2011, 01:23 PM
I can't take decent pictures of myself on my blackberry, so I make a video and take a still from it on windows movie maker. If you want to make a picture bigger you could try opening it in microsoft publisher, stretching it, Then right click on it and save as picture. There's probably easier ways but that's the only one I know. There is always paint but when I stretch pictures on it they go all crazy.

lol i remember stretching a pic of my side chest on paint, i looked massive, the temptation to post it was strong.

Widge UK
03-19-2011, 03:38 PM
last nights benching - still deloading

speed bench - 40x2,2,2,2,2,2 - varying grips - felt quick as hell and were paused

40x10,10 - 1 set wide 1 narrow

this is the best benching has ever felt for me for sure, felt light as a feather which is a good sign for me on bench, also i can feel the size ive added to my uppback when i get into the bench postion and pull by clavicles together, feel alot tighter, some big bench pr's to come for sure, cant wait!!!!

defecit and dimmel deads - 30kgx5,5,5,5 - prep for monday, getting ready

dips 2x10 BW
pushdowns 2x15
pressups 2x10

stretching and foam rolling

LOLZ STORY FROM LAST NIGHT

some fag in the flat below had all his mates from home over, so tehy are being soooooo loud at 4-5 in the morning, i text flatmate and hes not asleep either, we rage for a bit then ask them to be quiet, they dont, and tell us to fuck off. luckily i had seen them arriving earlier in the day so knew which car was their's. egging insued and lolz were had.

Widge UK
03-19-2011, 04:13 PM
leg pics

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/nazzer123/widge/legs.jpg

Widge UK
03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
defecit deads
90x5,5 - the defecit is pretty big id say 4-5 inches, my feet are touching the bar as i begin the pull pretty much, these kicked my ass

dimmel deads 110x5,5,5 - was funny how easy deads off floor felt after those defecits

can deffo ramp up the weight on both those.

dumbell row 42x6,6,6,6

pullup wide bwx8

lat pull down 50x15

dumbell curl x20 lightweight

good workout, good to be back working hard

i am sweating buckets in the gym these days, conditioning has taken a big hit from gaining weight and not going any cardio.

T.K
03-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Legs are looking solid in that picture. Is that a myprotien box on the floor? I've got one on my floor too lol, and the stupid packaging they put in it aswell.

Deficits sure do kick your ass, in a good way though. I wish I was strong off the floor and weak at the top, lockout stuff looks more fun than deficits. I was sweating bad today aswell, it's getting warmer and the shed gets almost like a greenhouse. I prefer it though because I don't have to do loads of extra warmup work just to stop shivering.

Widge UK
03-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Legs are looking solid in that picture. Is that a myprotien box on the floor? I've got one on my floor too lol, and the stupid packaging they put in it aswell.

Deficits sure do kick your ass, in a good way though. I wish I was strong off the floor and weak at the top, lockout stuff looks more fun than deficits. I was sweating bad today aswell, it's getting warmer and the shed gets almost like a greenhouse. I prefer it though because I don't have to do loads of extra warmup work just to stop shivering.

ye good shout on the warmups overall summer/spring is much better, yes its a MP box :p. how high has john got you doing your defecits?

Shane_
03-21-2011, 07:38 PM
LOL I thought it was just me that keeps a permanent MP box full of goodies with me

Widge UK
03-21-2011, 07:58 PM
LOL I thought it was just me that keeps a permanent MP box full of goodies with me

my room is in a horrible state, theres not much you cant find in here.

T.K
03-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I use as big a deficit as I can that lets me stuff my feet under the bar, comes to about 4 1/4 inches. Anything from 3" up is a pretty big deficit though, every inch makes it harder, makes you realise the importance of decreasing the ROM

Widge UK
03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
incline db - 32x6,6,6

dips bwx10
bw+15kgx10,10

pin press - about 6 inches off chest
65x8,8

laterals - 12.5x12,12,12

abs.

Widge UK
03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
squats - got to gym and realised i forgot my belt, thought i may aswell see where im at without it, after tonight i think it gives me a few lbs here and there and i feal alot tighter in the squat with it on which is good, anyway

warmups
145x5,5 (3) - probly good for 5 with belt IMO, i seem to be coming onto my toes in the upper middle portion of the squat, not sure exactly what the problem is, need weight on my heels more, actually think my weightlifting shoes may hinder me here and in my flat sole trainers i hit 160 for a pretty easy single and were not having this problem
100x12- e-z

gm's 90x6,6

chest supported row
70x5,5
55x12,12

lat pull down - 50x16,16

couple set of curls and some grip stuff

very good workout, not many people in the gym due to good weather, suits me fine, ill get my fair dose of sun and more during cricket season so dont really care for going crazy as soon as the sun pops out like everyone seems to be.

guy in the gym who i talk to every now and then sed i look like ive added alot of size and not much fat boooo yeaahh.

aaron
03-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Nice workout! I've ditched the belt for the moment and my core is so much stronger. Before I did everything with the belt even if i was training on machines. It definately does feel weird not wearing one when you are used to it.

Weather has been great here too. It was 16/17c during this week.

T.K
03-25-2011, 08:32 PM
I can't get used to squatting without a belt, I just feel really loose. I don't mind deadlifting beltless though, I prefer it because I can breath better.

Wheather here has been good, gutted i'm working this weekend not going to get to enjoy of it, I hope it rains on you all lol

Widge UK
03-28-2011, 12:54 PM
paused bench

55x5,5,5 - easy
65x,1,1,1 - just wanted to feel it in my hands - felt easy, went up fast.

getting there, leg drive coming along, 100 is on the cards soon, my god that will feel good.

incline barbell - 60x8,8 - last rep on 2nd set assisted

dips bwx20,16

seated db press 20kgx12,12,12

db behind head extenstions 25x8
20x15,15

ab work

triceps=destroyed

guna clean up my diet and eat a bit les for the 3 weeks im at home in april, hopfully lose some water tiny bit of fat and see where i really am at in terms of bodyfat, guna bump my cals from now til then tho, pizza tonight, so delighted with how this bulk has gone.

T.K
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I like the idea of pizza, have you ever had them cookies from dominoes? Someone from work brought some in for me on saturday, never had them before and now I want more.

Where's your bench max at right now, or last time you tried?

Widge UK
03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
I like the idea of pizza, have you ever had them cookies from dominoes? Someone from work brought some in for me on saturday, never had them before and now I want more.

Where's your bench max at right now, or last time you tried?

aboutn 6 months ago i did 85, since then ive been doing weighted dips and dumbell press as my main excersises instead of barbell bench as i just go tired of not making gains on it when other stuff would go up easily. im taking it slow, starting light, getting some singal's in me and slowly adding weight, my training partner benched 100x3 and he is fractionally stronger than me on dumbells but weaker on dips so just have to wait and see what i can put up. i should be good for 100 and would be angry if im not there in a couple months, but cricket guna get thick soon so who knows.

Widge UK
03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
defecits - the defecit is to big really i can barely get my feet under the bar with flat soles on, its either this or like a 2 inch def though and i figure no harm in doing thsi for a bit then going smaller then going back to normal.

95x5,5,5 - kicking the shit outa me every rep.

dimmels - 110x8,8
70x12,12 - gooood speed

pullups BWx7,7,7,7
machine row - 50x12,12 - light- easy, fucked at this point.

few sets of curls with light weights in the 15-20 rep range

felt like puking a few times to be honest but got it done, insane bicep pump at the end :)

havent weighd myself in a while, guna weight til the end of may which is when i start to lean out over summer to weight myself, hoping for 185-190lbs.

Widge UK
04-01-2011, 03:45 PM
over head press - 50x5,5,8 - not to failure, these felt light, im so happy about this!!

dips bwx12
bw+20kgx9,8

pin press - 70x7,7

seated laterals 10kgx8,8

messsed around on bench for a bit did couple sets of 10 with a super wide grip only like 40. trying diff grips

abs.

great workout.

Widge UK
04-02-2011, 02:32 PM
just looked back through my log from the start

feels good to know your going in the right direction

Widge UK
04-04-2011, 03:36 PM
squat

145x5,4 - might have had 5th, no spotter

gm's 90x10,10

bench pull 70x6,6,6,6
lat pull down 55x15,12

biceps, calfs.

Widge UK
04-06-2011, 11:28 AM
getting really bad sleep atm, training is amazing, diet is good but i havent been getting to sleep til 6am or so for about a week now, then i get up about 1 or 2 pm and feel like crap cuz ive wasted a day, hoping tonight will be better

Widge UK
04-06-2011, 03:05 PM
paused bench

60x5,5,5
70x1,1,1

easy

incline bb 50x12,12,10 - went wide grip for 2nd set and it was alot harder.

dips bwx16

dumbell shoulder press 20x12,12

some tricep and abs/stretching

Widge UK
04-08-2011, 02:45 PM
defecit deads - biiiig defecit, feet squuezed under bar

numerous warmups
145x1 - form broke down, didnt use legs much but ill be moving to a smaller defecit now so just wanted to go all out.

dimmels - 130x5,5,5
speed dimmels 60x12,12

bench pulls
75x3,3,3
55x10,10

curls and stretching

lower back absoloutely smoked, huge pr's everywhere, feels gooood.

exmgtoo
04-08-2011, 02:47 PM
congrats on the prs

Widge UK
04-11-2011, 07:46 AM
ta exmgtoo - enjoyed the show the other day

- sleep back to being good, getting to bed earlier, builders at my house so not getting 8 hours but 6 or 7 is good enough for me to feel fine all day, all hell guna break loose in the garage later!!!

cheesecake0
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
strong deads brah

aaron
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
why is your sleep so messed up atm?

Strong deadlifts as well! defecits make me feel ill lol.

Widge UK
04-11-2011, 02:49 PM
why is your sleep so messed up atm?

Strong deadlifts as well! defecits make me feel ill lol.

late nights at uni followed by late wake ups because i suck at getting up, people keeping me up with noise, gaming to late, all that kinda stuff, its fixed now tho. first time i did defecits and dimmels i was nearly sick.

workout tonight

overhead press
55x5,5,5 - huge pr, felt good.

dips - these felt like shit, with my added bodyweight and weight attached the rack is shaking around like a mo fo on these, much easier at uni (at home now)
bwx10
bw+20kgx9,7 - last ill do of dips til back at uni except bodyweight

incline barbell to get some chest work in - 60x10,9.

a combination of other stuff i had to rush through as im busy tonight, some pressups, some tricep work and some lateral raised followed by abs and stretching

good workout, the prs keep rolling, squats on wedensday!!

-good to know i can press 1 plate a side now XD