PDA

View Full Version : Going In For Life: A Teen Journal

Pages : [1] 2

titansowner27
08-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Purpose: I've been "lifting" for almost a year now; however, my first few routines were grabbed from sources everyone on this site hates so I count those months as my "Dark age." Now that I discovered this site and realized the real facts of lifting, I decided to start my own teen journal to keep my interest at its highest level and to keep my progress stored in a nice location.

Bio info: I'm about to be a senior at my high school once the new year begins. I enjoy mathematics and am going to be in a dual enrollment program with a local university. I do enjoy indulging myself with some marijuana occasionally because I am a teen. I don't feel it really affects my lifting unless some nights I do not go to bed as early as I would like. Lifting has already changed my life a lot because I was once an obese kid but have learned what I must do in order to achieve the looks and power I desire.

Current Routine: I am currently following the Starting Strength routine. Most of my early routines did not deal with compounds lifts at ALL haha so I decided Rippetoe's program would be best to have my compound lifts increase. I am following his Mon/Wed/Fri schedule with alternating Workouts A and B every week.

Goal: I would like to continue having my compound lifts increase until I finally cannot increase anymore on Rippetoe's and therefore will adjust my routine accordingly.

Final Words: I am glad I found this forum because it has really started to push me in the right directions. I thank regular poster on the forums for inspiring me to create my own training log. I hope many of you will follow my progress and see me change! I hope to add videos once I get the chance and will post my workouts as soon as possible. Advice, tips, or just general comments are always welcome :) and without further procrastination let's start this jon!

titansowner27
08-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Workout B - 8/23/10

Squat:
185 x 5
185 x 2 (For some reason I did not have my legs at the proper width and partially did not have my head in this set)
185 x 5

Press:
110 x 4
110 x 4
110 x 2

Power Clean:
115 x 3 (x5)

Pull Ups (close):
First Set: 8 Reps
Second Set: 5 Reps :/

Final thoughts or concerns: I feel this was an alright workout. I know I could have done better and this will just motivate me for the next workout. I just increased the weight on squats and presses so that is probably the reason why I missed some reps there. Overall, I cannot feel disappointed with this workout because I know the gains will come! :roll:

LudiWithKnives
08-23-2010, 07:51 PM
you forgot some important info LOL whats your height and weight?

titansowner27
08-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Haha your correct. My Current stats: 6'1 183 lbs. I'm gonna try and post some starting pics up soon once I get a chance to.

titansowner27
08-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Today is an off day so I'm just trying to focus on resting up for tomorrow. I'm looking into adding some gpp work on my off days to help stimulate recovery. But for now I'm just gonna put on some curren$y and pass out.

NorwegianGuy92
08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Good luck man! I also did SS and had pretty good progress, hope it'll work well for you :)

titansowner27
08-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! What was your diet like while you were on SS? Because right now I don't wanna gain too much fat while gaining strength so I'm trying to watch what I eat but at the same time I do not wanna see my gains stop completely :/

NorwegianGuy92
08-25-2010, 10:04 AM
I didn't count calories, but I tried to keep protein at at least 200g or more. On average I guess I gained 2 lbs a month, and quite a bit of that was fat. But I got a lot stronger on squats and deads, and also increased my military press by 20 lbs.

titansowner27
08-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Workout A - 8/25/10

Squat:
185 x 3 (Felt as if I did not recover from Mondays squats so decided to drop weight)
175 x 5
175 x 5

Bench Press:
145 x 5
145 x 5
145 x 5

Deadlift:
215 x 5

Dips
8 Reps x 2

Final Thoughts:
I will be moving up my weight on the deadlift to 230 next workout. I will start adding more weight than just my BW to dips. My bench I'm still a little unsure of because it has always been a troubling exercise to me for some unknown reason. I want to take some videos and post them up so I can get some good criticism. On Friday, I will again be repeating the 185 weight to see if I can get 5 reps across all sets. I am thinking about changing up my squats in the middle of the week. I feel as if I am not recovering fast enough to squat heavy three days a week. Has anyone else had the some trouble? If so let me know what you did to cure it. I feel I could be making great gains in my squat If I only had two heavy days a week. This was a decent workout. I was pleased with the intensity. Hopefully I can nail my bench form down next workout A so I can start seeing gains there and hopefully I recover for heavy squats on Friday because I really want to nail 185 x 5 before the weekend!

To NorwegianGuy: Thanks for the reply. Right now I am focusing on getting enough protein each meal and am trying to eat a good amount however my stomach can only hold so much haha and I hate feeling bloated.

DOA
08-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Tennessee Titans fan?

titansowner27
08-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Hell yea man!

kutt3r
08-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Tennessee Titans fan?

Hell yea man!

Might have to keep my eye on this log, just because of that :)

NorwegianGuy92
08-25-2010, 05:28 PM
To NorwegianGuy: Thanks for the reply. Right now I am focusing on getting enough protein each meal and am trying to eat a good amount however my stomach can only hold so much haha and I hate feeling bloated.

That's a good start!

About the recovery thing..

There were sooo many days I thought " Jeez, I'll NEVER be able to do it the next workout, I'll get stapled to the floor!". But..I did it. And the next time, I did it. You just have to push through, it feels impossible, but it's not ( often).

However, heavy squatting 3x a week doesn't work for everyone, that's true. So try it, give it all you got, and then you'll see if it works or not!

Subbed, will be following along!

titansowner27
08-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Haha us titans fans have to stick together because there really is not very many across the u.s. :/ Chris Johnson should be running train against every team this year, again. So hopefully we will get some recognition for that.

To NorwegianGuy: Thanks for your tips man. I'll try not to disappoint with my gains :p I feel I am getting more comfortable with the system each time I do another workout so progress should be seen.

DOA
08-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Depending on how the young defense plays the titans can really make some noise this year, Vince finally has the swag of a quarterback.

kutt3r
08-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Haha us titans fans have to stick together because there really is not very many across the u.s. :/ Chris Johnson should be running train against every team this year, again. So hopefully we will get some recognition for that.

To NorwegianGuy: Thanks for your tips man. I'll try not to disappoint with my gains :p I feel I am getting more comfortable with the system each time I do another workout so progress should be seen.

Depending on how the young defense plays the titans can really make some noise this year, Vince finally has the swag of a quarterback.

That young pre season defense is not looking too bad... I guess we will see :)

titansowner27
08-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Ha yea I've been impressed. I feel they always have a shot with Jeff Fisher. He'll lead the defense in a good direction.

Today will be a nice off day to rest my body. I will probably get some stretching done later.

titansowner27
08-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Workout B -- 8/27/10

Squats:
185 x 2
165 x 4
135 x 5

Press:
110 x 5
110 x 5
110 x 5

Power Clean:
125 x 3 (x5)

Chin-Ups (BW):
Set 1: 8 Reps
Set 2: 5 Reps

Overall Thoughts: This was intense workout since it was the last before a much needed two-day break. I was mad that I still couldn't complete 185 for squats. I think I need to recover and maybe fix up my form before I can complete it. I will not be squatting heavy next Wednesday in order to give my body more time to heal for squatting twice a week. I am still unsure if I will sub in barbell rows or maybe just high volume squats? If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I was glad I finally completed 110 on the standing press so I can finally have a 35 on each side of the bar next week! woot! haha I also completed the cleans at 125 which was nice. And I finished up with some solid chin-ups. I am trying to get some stretching done tomorrow if possible but my main focus for this weekend is to sleep and chilll because I need to recover after this week and prepare for school:/

titansowner27
08-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Today looks like its gonna actually be a beautiful day! I'm probably gonna head up to the Ross Park Mall to cop some clothes one last time before school.

DOA
08-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Whereabouts in pennsylvania do you live? Me and my parents come down to erie the the week before school starts to shop.

titansowner27
08-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I live in Indiana, Pennsylvania which is about 45 mins east of Pittsburgh. Erie's about three hours away I think from Indiana. How's Canada these days?

NorwegianGuy92
08-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Maybe you started too heavy, since you're stalling. What weight did you start with on the squat?

titansowner27
08-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Hmm I want to say I started with 135 on the squat but I'm pretty sure I did some reps with 95 and 115 just to get comfortable. I think I might just be having a technical problem so next workout I'm gonna try and have a vid taken because something does feel wrong in my form.

Come to think about it I almost feel like i'm doing a high/low combo squat ha. I know Rippetoe talks about the low squat in his book which is what I read. What did you do while you were on SS high or low? Since I am over six feet tall I probably should just do a high squat I would think.

NorwegianGuy92
08-29-2010, 11:55 AM
You mean bar position, as in high bar and low bar squat?

titansowner27
08-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah thats exactly what i mean

titansowner27
08-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Workout A -- 8/30/10

Squat:
75 x 5
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
145 x 5

So today I woke up and just said to myself, "yep my squat form is fucked up but i'm going to fix it." And that's exactly what I did today. I finally just focused on what the squat is actually supposed to feel like and realized that I was putting too much weight on the front of my foot causing my quads to be activating waaayy too much. Now that I finally know what a squat is supposed to feel like, I am intrigued to see how much it is going to jump! On Wednesday, I will be jumping ten lbs to 155.

Bench Press:
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
145 x 5

After focusing on my technique for squatting, I thought I might as well just sure up my technique on the bench press so I can no longer stall at 135 or 145. I was getting good activation on my quads and really my entire body which I finally realized is what I need to be feeling. I will be going for 155 next A workout.

Deadlift:
230 x 5

Deadlift continues to jump! It is my favorite exercise because of my long arms and I just really enjoy every part of this exercise. I'm going to be going for 245 next time and so far I have been able to keep the double overhand grip so I will be trying to keep that for as long as I possibly can.

Dips:
Set 2: 8 Reps

I know I said I would be adding more weight than just my BW; however, I decided to just focus on my BW one last time so I can ensure adding more weight will be effective. I'm gonna attach 10 lbs next and will see how many reps I can do with that and move accordingly.

Overall thoughts: Solid workout and can't weight to start increasing my strength. And finally my senior year starts tomorrow!

NorwegianGuy92
08-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Well done! But why only 1 work set for squats and bench?

And about the bar position; I can do slightly more, and it also feels easier to keep my back straight during the lift when doing it low bar. But it depends, experiment and see what works for you.

titansowner27
08-30-2010, 04:27 PM
I only did one work set for bench and squat because I was doing five reps on the "warmup sets" before I finally did the final set. I usually don't do five reps on the warmup sets unless it is just the bar so I decided I didn't want to overwork myself. And currently I am using a low bar position as it feels more natural to me and Rippetoe does endorse it.

titansowner27
08-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Just finished my first class of college! Now time to get a mid-morning snack and make my tuna sandwhich before I head to highschool :/ Hopefully I can get some stretching done later today if the girlfriend is bothering me.

titansowner27
09-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Workout B - 9/1/10

Squat:
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5

Press:
115 x 4 (Last one was sorta sloppy)
115 x 3
115 x 2

Power Clean:
135 x 3 (x5)

Pull-ups (Wide)
50lbs added to help:
Set 1 - 8 Reps
Set 2 - 5 Reps

Overall thoughts: Had good squats. Good Presses and Power clean still increased. Happy with this workout. Sorry for the rush but I gotta head off to school now :/

titansowner27
09-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Workout A - 9/3/10

Squat:
165 x 5
165 x 5
165 x 5

Bench Press:
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5

Deadlift:
245 x 5

Dips:

Overall thoughts: Very good workout. I made sure I had proper depth on squats. I feel like some of my squats turn into good mornings. Is this because of my quads or is there a technical issue? Bench felt very light and will be adding weight. Deadlift was good but I think that is the final weight my current grip can handle. I am thinking about adding some grip work or just using a suppinated grip. I did not get to add weight to my dips because I was in a rush to get back home to get ready for school. Please reply with any thoughts or tips. Thanks.

titansowner27
09-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Workout B - 9/6/10

Squat:
175 x 5
175 x 4
175 x 2 (Maybe due to a lack of tightness? or just being tired/lazy:/)

Press:
115 x 5
115 x 3 (Definately due to a lack of tightness, prob could have got four)
115 x 4

Power Clean
135 x 3 (x5) Redid 135 will jump up next time.

Pull-ups (close):
Set 2: 6 Reps i think?

Overall thoughts: I was glad when it was over ha. Progress was a little slow today ha however I do still see it being made. Squats always get hard as hell once i approach my BW anyone else have the same feeling?

NorwegianGuy92
09-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Try adding 5 lbs instead of 10, it might be too big increases!
If you're ending up in a good morning, focus on keeping your back straight ( obviously) and you could also try to use a low bar position, but I think you said that you're doing that.

titansowner27
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM
To NorwegianGuy: Hmm thanks for the tip! I will try adding 5 lbs instead of 10 next time. I am currently using a low bar position but yes I will focus on keeping my back straight.

Well I finally got around to it haha here are some current pics:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/titansowner27/IMAG0009.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/titansowner27/IMAG0008.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/titansowner27/IMAG0001.jpg

Here are the current supplements I'm taking:
Xtreme Formulations Whey
Xtreme Formulations Casein
Adam multivitamin/ Opti-men
Naturemade Triple Omega softgels
Melatonin
And I have some Optimum amino 2222 tablets I sometimes throw in shakes

Anyway its off to bed now because I got a crucial workout in the a.m.!

titansowner27
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Workout A - 9/8/10

Squat:
175 x 5
175 x 5
175 x 5

Bench Press:
165 x 4
165 x 4
165 x 5 last rep was done with a little help from spotter. Only set I had spotter on

Deadlift:
255 x 3 i think?
It was a hard ass set. Next week I'm gonna start the supinated grip. Should i lower the weight to start the grip or start at the weight I'm currently on?

Dips:
8 Reps each set. I couldn't find the chain to wrap around the belt which made me so pissed because I was running out of time and I still haven't added weight to dips yet:/

Overall thoughts: Pretty good workout. I think im gonna keep 175 on squats for friday because I wanna make sure my form was good on them. My bench was sloppy today imo. And i was disappointed with my deadlift.

DOA
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
How is sunday's game looking in your opinion?

vamshi
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Where in PA are you located?

titansowner27
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I like Titans because I don't see Jeff Fisher getting out coached by Tom Cable and Vince Young looks promising. He'll open up the running game for Chris Johnson which will allow him to cut up the defense. But I am interested to see how the Titans D can handle a couple decent weapons.

Indiana, Pennsylvania. It's a nice college town located about 45 mins east of Pittsburgh. Parties are decent but it can get boring. Where are you from?

vamshi
09-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Im basically 30 minutes away from Philadelphia.

Joe the mod, and 2 other verified members live near me(45 minute radius)

PumaKrieg
09-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Try adding 5 lbs instead of 10, it might be too big increases!
If you're ending up in a good morning, focus on keeping your back straight ( obviously) and you could also try to use a low bar position, but I think you said that you're doing that.

I would like someone else to please comment upon this because I am confused. I thought a lower bar position often results in better leverage but the back tends to lean in as well, which would be the opposite of what you said? Does anyone else know anything about this, because i specifically brought the bar up a little myself because i was leaning to far foward in a good morning fashion.

NorwegianGuy92
09-09-2010, 01:44 AM
I would like someone else to please comment upon this because I am confused. I thought a lower bar position often results in better leverage but the back tends to lean in as well, which would be the opposite of what you said? Does anyone else know anything about this, because i specifically brought the bar up a little myself because i was leaning to far foward in a good morning fashion.

Well, I'm not verified, so it wasn't meant as advice that will work for him, I'm just stating what seems to work for me. I find it a lot easier to sit back properly with a low bar position, and that also keeps my back straighter. But it's not the same for everyone, so I guess experimenting a bit is the key to success :)

Moodster
09-09-2010, 11:11 AM
SHH you.

robbhensel
09-09-2010, 12:12 PM

Not in my experience, I use low bar, wide stance for my squatting. I believe it is the contrary, the higher the bar the more likely you will GM it at some. If you are using a low bar placement and leaning forward you aren't arching hard enough or sitting back or a combination there of.

titansowner27
09-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Not in my experience, I use low bar, wide stance for my squatting. I believe it is the contrary, the higher the bar the more likely you will GM it at some. If you are using a low bar placement and leaning forward you aren't arching hard enough or sitting back or a combination there of.

Thanks for clearing this up for me! Currently I am using a high bar position which would be the cause of the GM form. I will try moving the bar placement a little lower. Where exactly on your back do you place the bar in order to have it comfortably in the low bar position robb?

Anyway just got done with a golf lesson now time to meet up with the girlfriend.

Also, does anyone know what exercises I could do in the weight room in gym class to enhance recovery? I already stretch but I am so bored in gym class because I don't want to lift anything which would slow recovery so I'm looking for an alternative which WOULD increase recovery. Any help would be much appreciated and thanks to you that have already responded to my questions! :)

robbhensel
09-09-2010, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=titansowner27;363638]Thanks for clearing this up for me! Currently I am using a high bar position which would be the cause of the GM form. I will try moving the bar placement a little lower. Where exactly on your back do you place the bar in order to have it comfortably in the low bar position robb?
QUOTE]

You shouldn't be GM'ing it anyway, your lower back is weak. You need to arch hard all the time. Mine sits level with my shoulder/rear delt area, it's low, in fact during my second attempt I nearly dumped it when racking it.

titansowner27
09-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Hmm thanks for the tip. I'll focus on arching tomorrow and you let you know how it goes. Last workout of the week and I've got some goals I want to accomplish to finish it off: Finally conquer 115 on standing press and nail 3 sets of 5 good reps on 175 to prepare me for basically my BW on squats next week. So I have the motivation now all I have to do is perform. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

titansowner27
09-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Workout B - 9/10/10

Squat:
175 x 5
175 x 5
175 x 5

Press:
115 x 5
115 x 2
115 x 1

Pull-ups (Close-grip):
Set 2: 6 Reps

Overall thoughts: Today's workout did not go as well as I had hoped. I did squats alright focusing on arching my back which did help; however, after the first set of pressing, the 115 felt a lot heavier then when I first started. I tried to start power cleaning but then stopped after I ripped open a scab on my leg. Pull ups were okay as usual. I'm not gonna make any excuses for this sub par performance but I can't wait until Monday comes to redeem myself.

robbhensel
09-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm sure you've heard this before but, think of it more as sitting back then squatting down. If you are arching hard, your chest should be up and out, head up. When I used to wrestler we lived by "where the head goes, the body follows." Same with squatting, don't forget to get your "air" either. If you use a belt be sure to breathe into you stomach and create that stability.

titansowner27
09-10-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm sure you've heard this before but, think of it more as sitting back then squatting down. If you are arching hard, your chest should be up and out, head up. When I used to wrestler we lived by "where the head goes, the body follows." Same with squatting, don't forget to get your "air" either. If you use a belt be sure to breathe into you stomach and create that stability.

Thanks man I have heard that before but I always appreciate tips. I do feel like I understand how to perform the squat correctly. It did take me a while to finally realize the correct way though ha. Arching my back was the only thing I was forgetting. I don't use a belt, but I do feel like getting my air and holding it is one of the hardest challenges for me. Usually by the third rep I have to pause for a second to take another breath which does cause me to lose a little tightness. Looking back on todays workout, when I was pressing, I had to take a breath pretty much after every rep. Does this happen to you? The lack of tightness is the only thing I can think of which killed my standing presses today.

robbhensel
09-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks man I have heard that before but I always appreciate tips. I do feel like I understand how to perform the squat correctly. It did take me a while to finally realize the correct way though ha. Arching my back was the only thing I was forgetting. I don't use a belt, but I do feel like getting my air and holding it is one of the hardest challenges for me. Usually by the third rep I have to pause for a second to take another breath which does cause me to lose a little tightness. Looking back on todays workout, when I was pressing, I had to take a breath pretty much after every rep. Does this happen to you? The lack of tightness is the only thing I can think of which killed my standing presses today.

I try to hold my breath but I will reset and get my air on squats. You can stay tight while getting your air. I do this between every rep on squats. The heavier I get the more I tend to exhale towards the top of the lift.

titansowner27
09-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for your input robb I really appreciate it. I'm gonna try to set up my phone in a position to start recording my lifts so that followers can actually see my technique and give me the most feedback. Until then, I'm off to school and I hope you guys have a nice day!

titansowner27
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Workout A - 9/13/10

Squat:
180 x 5
180 x 5
180 x 4 (attempted fifth but could not do it)

Bench:
165 x 4
165 x 4
165 x 3

Deadlift:
255 x 5

Dips +10lbs:
Set 2: 3 Reps

Overall Thoughts: I wish I could have gotten that final rep on squat but its all good. I think I increased my bench to quickly to fast or my form was poor today because I was struggling way to much with my work sets. Deadlift was good and finally started adding to dips. Overall a good workout to start the week with especially after seeing Tennessee run train on Oakland.

DOA
09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Ye man the titans killed them the offesne looks very dynamic so far hopefully they can keep it up

titansowner27
09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm expecting them to beat the steelers with Dixon as quarterback

DOA
09-13-2010, 06:37 PM
I expect big things this year, 12-4 and we win the division

titansowner27
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Hell yes we'll stomp on the Colts this year. So I have a quick question. Will doing some plyometrics on off days most likely increase or hinder my recovery?

titansowner27
09-13-2010, 10:08 PM
ANd should I alternate which hand is suppInated each week?

titansowner27
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Workout B 9/19/10

Squat
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5

Press:
115 x 5
115 x 5
115 x 3

Power Clean:
135 x 3
135 x 3

Close grip pull ups:

titansowner27
09-21-2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYekTmGrC0g

Link to 185 squat form check.

Let me know what ya guys think.

Sorry for the sideways video..is there a way to edit the video to set it the right way in Youtube?

DOA
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I take my prediction back, Jeff fisher doesn't have the common sense to win a superbowl.

titansowner27
09-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Bro i was so fucking pissed watching that game. He lost the game when they kicked the first field goal instead of going on like fourth and one near the goal line. And Vince Young doesn't have the talent to play in the NFL.

DOA
09-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. The best receiver he has had in his career is Nate Washington who was a thrid string receiver. Justin Gage was also a thrid stringer. David Givens was a complete bust. Bobby Wade also a third stringer. Drew Bennett was decent until he left us. Alge crumpler did nothing here. Bo Sacife is alright. Vince has alot of talent, when the offensive line falls apart like it did yesterday and the play calling is really predictable we were going to lose. Kevin Mawae was a way bigger loss than anyone could've imagined. ALSO, Vince saved fisher's job twice and he treats him like cimplete shit. How is he going ot learn how to face an elite 3-4 defense if you yank him after 3 quarters when you allow Kerry to go 0-6 before being TOLD to yank him. Also this game was a mirror image of the Giants game from 2006 when the titans scroed 24 unaswered 4th quarter point to win the game. They were only down by 10.

sigh, end of rant

titansowner27
09-21-2010, 09:08 PM
haha wow Drew Bennett brings up a lot of memories some good and some bad. But we can agree to disagree. I think we learned two things on sunday. The first is that we have a championship defense and the second is that we need more weapons on offense.

DOA
09-21-2010, 09:11 PM
When I think of drew bennett all i remember is him dropping the wide ipen pass against the patriots in 2003.

titansowner27
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
They played their hearts out in that game. I wish we would have signed Terrell Owens. The man is an animal and could have taught the other receivers some shit.

DOA
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Apparently he was interested into coming here, but fisher didn;twant someone disturbing the lockeroom. But fuck him HE is the problem.

titansowner27
09-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Feels good to be back in the trap!

Squat:
190 x 5
190 x 5
190 x 4

Bench:
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Deadlift:
275 x 5

Dips + 10 lbs:

Overall Thoughts: Wish I could have gotten the last rep on squats but i didn't arch my back on the last rep which caused it to roll up. I will post vids later when I get back from school. Deadlift was nice and I would like to get a vid of my dips to make sure I am doing them right. As always thoughts are always appreciated!

titansowner27
09-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Workout B - 9/24/10

Squat:
190 x 5
190 x 5
190 x 5

Press:
115 x 5
115 x 5
115 x 5

Power clean:
135 x 3
135 x 3

Pull ups close grip:

Overall thoughts: Solid workout to end the week on.

NorwegianGuy92
09-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Seems like squats are progressing nicely now!
Good job :)

titansowner27
09-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks! and yes it took me a little bit to realize exactly how the program is designed. But now that I have most cylinders firing and I just need to finally make progress in my bench which I think am and with two A workouts this week we will find out if I am correct.

Also, recording my squats has helped me tremendously make sure all of my reps are up to my standards that way I am not cheating myself.

NorwegianGuy92
09-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Sounds good! Hope you'll get some nice progress on the bench this week.
Yeah, I started out not squatting deep enough..not a good idea.

titansowner27
09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Workout A - 9/27/10

Squat:
190 x 5
190 x 5
190 x 5

Bench:
140 x 5
140 x 5
140 x 5

Deadlift:
280 x 5

Dips +15lbs:
Set 1: 4 Reps
Set 2: 2 Reps

Overrall Thoughts: Squats were good. Still shaky on my bench form. Deadlift was hard but I did achieve it. And I was tired as hell by the time I got to dips so that explains the poor performance on those.

DOA
09-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Nice Deads soon to be at 3 plates. What was your thoughts on Sunday?

titansowner27
09-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Much appreciated man.

And Sunday's thoughts...well they won at least. I'm still unconvinced on their offense though. They need a passing threat desperately. The Giants aren't an elite team, and unless the Titans can beat elite teams like the Steelers, then getting to the playoffs will just ruin their draft pick. The Giants turned the ball over three times in the redzone which is ridiculous. They did move up and down the field on the Titans but at least their D didn't give up. If they can have just one wide receiver step up then it will help out Johnson a ton. Of course I am happy they won, I just did not see the progress I had hoped to see from last week's debacle.

What's you take?

DOA
09-27-2010, 07:52 PM
I took that shoving the ball down their throat with cj is not a good idea, he is just going to get hurt that way. Let Vince throw some play action and allow the pass to set up the run. And Let ringer do some work to.

titansowner27
09-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Yep Ringer is a talent they should explore more.

titansowner27
09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Latest squat videos. Let me know how the form is..Sorry for the shitty angle I didn't have my usual setup I've been using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7A26_UqjCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNVkuR0zxos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCDri2jC_aQ

titansowner27
09-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Workout B - 9/29/10

Squat:
195 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5

Press:
120 x 5
120 x 4
120 x 2

Wide grip pull ups:
4 Reps

Close grip pull ups:
Set 1: 10 Reps
Set 2: 10 Reps

Overall thoughts: I am going to be substituting barbell rows for power cleans next week because power cleans do not really appeal to me ha. Squats were good, will upload vids later. Press was good and really exhausted me. I want to work on my wide grip pull ups more because I am pretty confident on close grip pull ups so if anyone has any tips on how to improve wide grip pull ups please let me know!

robbhensel
09-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Squats don't look too bad, tough to tell from the angle but they look good. Just keep giving yourself mental cues while squatting.

titansowner27
09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks for your input robb. The tip about keeping my back arched has been INVALUABLE to me.

robbhensel
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your input robb. The tip about keeping my back arched has been INVALUABLE to me.

Good check out my video, you can see how low I place the bar....kind of

titansowner27
09-30-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5cAhvUYYwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Ex9baRdoA

Two of my sets from 195. Let me know your thoughts.

DOA
09-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Try this next time:

1. Put all the weight on your heels
2. Make your ass go bakcwards before you begin to descend and your knees even begin to move
3. Let your knees drift apart as opposed to forward.

These are three things I did to get my squat going.

titansowner27
09-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the tips. I try to remember all my mental cues.

titansowner27
10-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Squat:
200 x 5
200 x 5
200 x 5

Bench Press:
145 x 5
145 x 5
145 x 5

Deadlift:
285 x 5

Dips +15lbs:
Set 1 - 8 Reps
Set 2 - 4 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Bench was good. Deadlift is beginning to feel absolutely crazy bringing it off the ground. Progress was made on dips. This was a killer workout to end the week on. Squats I thought were good. Let me know if you think they were quality reps.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtAve89IVPo"]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krv7D_Xikus"]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYBezsSZ-Zo"]

titansowner27
10-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Squat:
205 x 4
205 x 1
205 x 1

Press:
120 x 4
120 x 1
120 x 2

Barbell row:
95 x 5
95 x 5
95 x 5

Pull ups Med grip:
8 Reps
8reps

thoughts: shitty. I did not have good nutrition this past weekend and even got trashed one night. Oh well I'll rebound this week. Also, at the end of my workout I had a sharp pain shoot up my neck and it felt like it was at the top of my neck where it connects to my head.

tat2d_preacher
10-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah, alcohol will definitely take it out of you... And, learning to log your diet also will help tremendously.. I'm not verified so take this for what it's worth, the pain was probably from being dehydrated.. when we are dehydrated, we are off balance, our coordination is decreased and even our mental processes or suppressed. I'd rehydrate, ice the area, take a little ibuprofen and see a Chiropractor.. the top of the neck is called the Atlas and if it is rotated, even slightly, it affects everything below it and above it.. Hope it's a little help..

DOA
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah, alcohol will definitely take it out of you... And, learning to log your diet also will help tremendously.. I'm not verified so take this for what it's worth, the pain was probably from being dehydrated.. when we are dehydrated, we are off balance, our coordination is decreased and even our mental processes or suppressed. I'd rehydrate, ice the area, take a little ibuprofen and see a Chiropractor.. the top of the neck is called the Atlas and if it is rotated, even slightly, it affects everything below it and above it.. Hope it's a little help..

And below the atlas is the axis lol I have an anatomy midterm on friday

Also titansowner, Derrick morgan is done for the season what a shame. This franchise needs a big change. I would be all for signing Bill Cowher to coach but He probably still hates the titans.

titansowner27
10-04-2010, 07:55 PM
To tat2d: Thanks for your comment. Usually I don't party that hard because it does affect my progress but it was homecoming so whatever ha. I'll just stick to the kush :)

To x: Wow that is a shame. Did you see how that coach got fined for giving the middle finger? Ha thats funny as shit but Fisher of course didn't back up his coach at all. He is losing control of the team sadly. Cowher would be interesting because it would make all of the steelers fans finally hate their life!

titansowner27
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Workout A - 10/6/10

Squat:
205 x 5
205 x 3
205 x 2 (Possibly could have got three, didn't try)

Bench Press:
150 x 5
150 x 5
150 x 5

Deadlift:
290 x 5

Dips +15lbs:
8 Reps
7 Reps (damnit ha)

Overall Thoughts: Improvement on squats. 205 is being one hell of a bitch though. Bench was solid. Deadlift continues to increase. Although I feel as if my legs lockout quickly causing my back to do most of the work. If anyone has any tips to fix this please let me know. Dips were good just wish I could have gotten the last rep. I plan to conquer 205 friday. If I have enough time before I go to school, I will upload my squat vids. Until then, train hard my bros.

titansowner27
10-06-2010, 10:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EASYTcZS9ZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b64qKd54Acg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Xlx835Xfg

Turns out I did have enough time. 205 feels heavy as shit.

aaron
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't worry about the deadlift. If it keeps going up and your not jerking or doing anything retarded with your lower back then you should be fine.
I wouldn't say the deadlift isn't a technical lift because it is if you really look in depth at it. But everyone I know seems to pull a different way. It really does depend on how your built. I say find the way that allows you to stay injury free and move the most weight!

Heres a cool article I read a while ago by Dave Tate. It might help:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_dead_zone

titansowner27
10-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the article. I gave it a read and enjoyed it. I have been satisfied with my deadlift progress so I do think my technique has been good.

titansowner27
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Workout B - 10/8/10

Squat:
205 x 5
205 x 3 (weren't quality reps)
205 x 1? i think

Press:
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 1

Pull ups Med Grip:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Squats are being ridiculous right now. I think if I can't get it next week maybe a deload will be in order. I just feel like I can't even go as low as I need to. Press were good until third set when I was dead. Pull ups were good. Didn't have enough time for barbell rows because I'm leaving to go to North Carolina for the weekend. Hopefully this rest will be just what I need. If anyone knows of any good videos to show the barbell row technique please send me a link because I'd like to perfect the technique before I start adding weight.

titansowner27
10-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Workout A - 10/11/10

Squat:
205 x 5
205 x 4
205 x 4

Bench:
155 x 5
155 x 5
155 x 5

Deadlift:
295 x 5

Dips:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Squats felt a lot better. Bench improved. I was at a gym in North Carolina and had people bitching at me when I was doing the deadlifts. Might repeat 295 on friday so I can do them without being interrupted. Did dips without any extra weight because I didn't feel like asking anyone there for a chain because they were idiots. I'm pumped for Wednesday's workout.

DOA
10-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Deadlifts piss me off because you never know how people around you are going to react. BTW Quite an impressive victory on Sunday. It seems Jeff Fisher finally listened to me and passed to set up the run.

NorwegianGuy92
10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Squats are looking better, and your deadlift is getting good! :)

Why were they bitching at you for doing deadlifts? Was it a "Planet Fitness" or something?

titansowner27
10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Deadlifts piss me off because you never know how people around you are going to react. BTW Quite an impressive victory on Sunday. It seems Jeff Fisher finally listened to me and passed to set up the run.

Yes this was a much needed win. In my eyes though Dallas isn't a playoff team. We did have a total team effort for the win. The D-line stopped playing with intensity the second half thats the only bad thing I noticed. If Vince keeps this up we will be a legit contender.

titansowner27
10-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Squats are looking better, and your deadlift is getting good! :)

Why were they bitching at you for doing deadlifts? Was it a "Planet Fitness" or something?

Thanks bro. And yeah it was some bullshit name and they had the great idea to have the weights on the second floor of the building. So once I completed three or four reps this guy came up and said I had to stop and I asked why and he replied because parts of the ceiling material on the first floor were falling haha nice design chief. But anyway yes hopefully I complete 205 tomorrow and I can't wait to hit three plates on the dead!

NorwegianGuy92
10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Haha, that's just..sad. Wow, some "gyms" are run by people who do not care about training at all!

Yeah man, go at the 205 with everything you've got! Three plates on deads are coming right up, no doubt :)

tat2d_preacher
10-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Sorry to hear about the DL stuff buddy! That's where you have to realize there is a difference between a "Fitness & Conditioning" gym and a "Strength & Conditioning" gym. I've even seen gyms that say "Strength & Conditioning" when it should be the other way around. Have you tried PLwatch to see if there is a PL gym in the area you're staying at? Or are you just stuck there and have to endure the pansy assed stares wondering why "you would lift such weight in that manner?" I started working out at the Community College; the gym is set up for football players so they have powerlifting rubber weights and people slamming weight all over the place.. =D Anyways, good luck with all the BS there and hope you don't "scare" the "fitness" clients away! lol

titansowner27
10-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear about the DL stuff buddy! That's where you have to realize there is a difference between a "Fitness & Conditioning" gym and a "Strength & Conditioning" gym. I've even seen gyms that say "Strength & Conditioning" when it should be the other way around. Have you tried PLwatch to see if there is a PL gym in the area you're staying at? Or are you just stuck there and have to endure the pansy assed stares wondering why "you would lift such weight in that manner?" I started working out at the Community College; the gym is set up for football players so they have powerlifting rubber weights and people slamming weight all over the place.. =D Anyways, good luck with all the BS there and hope you don't "scare" the "fitness" clients away! lol

Haha fuck "fitness and condition" gyms! But thankfully I'm back home and was able to work out in peace today :) And I cannot wait to work out at a college gym next year where the majority of people will be young and a lot of hot bitches! Seeing other people slamming weights will only get my adrenaline even pumping more. Anyway to my results:

Workout B - 10/13/10

Squat:
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 4 (should of had the last one, i tried to do it too fast, i'm an idiot)

Press:
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5

Barbell Rows:
95 x 5
115 x 5
115 x 5
115 x 5

Med Grip Pull Ups (went lower than I usually do):
8 Reps
6 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Wish I could of finished 205 today:/...I will just finish it friday and rest up for monday where I will attempt 210. Finally kicked 120's ass on the press so I am pleased with that. I'm glad I've started to do barbell rows...they will pay off in a few weeks. Pull ups felt nice and always are nice to end my workouts with. Friday will be a nice workout to complete the week and next week is going to be tough but I cannot wait.

Other Thoughts: I recently purchased Iron Addict's Body of Work ebook and am very pleased. I just read an article about accepting the pain and not resisting it. It was eye opening and this was one of the greatest purchases of my life! I know he has found peace where ever he has gone.

NorwegianGuy92
10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Hope you'll get it on friday! Nice press man :)
Have you reset any of your lifts yet?

titansowner27
10-13-2010, 06:33 PM
The only lift I have reset on would be the squat I think? Because the first time I started to progress, once I got around 185 I had trouble. I don't know if this was do to my poor form. I dropped the weight back down to 135 I think and have really made sure my form was passing each time since. Other than that, no, haven't reset anything.

vamshi
10-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Good Progress dude.

I feel ya on the deadlifts. When a place calls its lifting area a "wellness center" aka YMCAs, you know that the majority of the people there are chest N biceps N abs.

Funny thing is, even if you put in a request to get a platform and some bumper plates, they completely blow that idea off and buy more expensive treadmills, even though the bumpers and platforms will be significantly cheaper than more treadmills.

I left my Y because of that specific reason.

titansowner27
10-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Good Progress dude.

I feel ya on the deadlifts. When a place calls its lifting area a "wellness center" aka YMCAs, you know that the majority of the people there are chest N biceps N abs.

Funny thing is, even if you put in a request to get a platform and some bumper plates, they completely blow that idea off and buy more expensive treadmills, even though the bumpers and platforms will be significantly cheaper than more treadmills.

I left my Y because of that specific reason.

Yep YMCA's piss me off because they claim to be a non profit organization but yet they have to ask for donations from the community to have upgrades..which means their member costs must be going somewhere else..plus I don't like the religious affiliation but thats just me.

Workout A - 10/15/10

Squat:
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5

Bench:
160 x 5
160 x 5
160 x 5

Deadlift (right hand supinated):
295 x 5

Dips + 15:
7 Reps
2 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Great workout to end the week considering I had strength increases in every category except dips. Maybe I'm just making an excuse for myself but I was damn tired by the second set of dips haha. Anyway I'm already looking to next Wednesday when I attempt 300 on deads, and I finally conquered 205 on squats! Well I gotta go rush to cook some steak and eggs and then head to school. Going to a curren$y concert tonight! "We don't allow blunts in the cut, tell the valet to pull up my truck" :)

NorwegianGuy92
10-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Well done man! Are you increasing it to 210 next time?

vamshi
10-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I actually work at a YMCA lol.

They changed the name so that we have new shirts and everything.
They claim non profit, but the employees get paid really shitty for what we have to deal with.

I lifeguard and get paid 8.67 an hour. A friend works at a supermarket and is getting 9+ for cashier..

titansowner27
10-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Well done man! Are you increasing it to 210 next time?

Yep. It's the only thing I can do because the lowest amount of weight to add to the barbell is 2.5 lbs on each side at my gym.

titansowner27
10-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I actually work at a YMCA lol.

They changed the name so that we have new shirts and everything.
They claim non profit, but the employees get paid really shitty for what we have to deal with.

I lifeguard and get paid 8.67 an hour. A friend works at a supermarket and is getting 9+ for cashier..

Ha well at least you have a job. Fuckers talk about a stimulus package and there aren't any jobs.

titansowner27
10-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Workout B - 10/18/10

Squat:
210 x 3
210 x 2
210 x 1

Press:
125 x 3
125 x 1
125 x 1

Barbell Rows:
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5

Close Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps
7 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Didn't sleep much this weekend and put on about 5 -7 lbs of water weight from eating shitty food since I wasn't at my house. Oh well I had fun and now I'll be back on track.

NorwegianGuy92
10-18-2010, 02:38 PM
You could do a reset, or just stay at 205 for a couple more workouts if you're not able to get 210 in the next workouts.

titansowner27
10-18-2010, 06:10 PM
You could do a reset, or just stay at 205 for a couple more workouts if you're not able to get 210 in the next workouts.

Yeah I feel ya man. I know I can get the reps on 210. 205 felt a lot harder when I first started that compared to 210. I have no worries my weekend nutrition and sleep wasn't up to par so I attribute that to the missed reps.

titansowner27
10-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Squat:
210 x 5
210 x 5
210 x 5

Bench:
165 x 5
165 x 5
165 x 5

Deadlift:
300 x 5

Dips +15 lbs:
5 Reps
3 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Thought workout was decent. When I was doing squats someone came up to me and said I was favoring my right leg? Does anyone know how to fix this or should I just be thinking about keeping balanced during the squat?

NorwegianGuy92
10-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Decent workout? Man, you increased all your lifts by 5 lbs, that's not decent, it's very good! :)

Solid deadlift, bet it feels good to hit 300!

titansowner27
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Decent workout? Man, you increased all your lifts by 5 lbs, that's not decent, it's very good! :)

Solid deadlift, bet it feels good to hit 300!

Haha true man! 300 was satisfying but I wish I could deadlift everyday because I always wanna see that number increase :P I wasn't in that good of a mood yesterday because I hate when people criticize my lifting techniques..especially when its some other kid with no credentials?? Oh well I'll pay no attention to him.

Can't wait for tomorrow's workout!

titansowner27
10-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Workout B - 10/22/10

Squat:
215 x 2
215 x 2
215 x 2

Press:
125 x 4
125 x 3
125 x 1

Barbell Rows:
125 x 5
125 x 5
125 x 5

Med Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps
7 Reps

Close Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Felt I was being a pussy on my squats today. I'm gonna make sure my nutrition is A plus this weekend so I can go destroy 215 on Monday.

NorwegianGuy92
10-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Hope you'll get the squat and press next time!
This was the second workout with 125 press?

titansowner27
10-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Hope you'll get the squat and press next time!
This was the second workout with 125 press?

Correct this was the second workout for 125. I think I should give it two more workouts.

DOA
10-23-2010, 07:11 PM
I will never forgive Kerry Collins but I must cheer for him to do well tomorrow. Do you think we can still pull it off?

titansowner27
10-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes the Titans as a whole should perform well. Idk if Collins will produce anything however. But Fisher always plays the Eagles tough and has the defense to shut down Kolb and their small play-makers.

titansowner27
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Workout A - 10/25/10

Squat:
215 x 5
215 x 5
215 x 5

Bench:
170 x 5
170 x 5
170 x 5

Deadlift:
305 x 5

Dips +15:
7 Reps
3 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Great workout to start the week. Just have to keep up the intensity through out this bitch. Birthday on Thursday!!

Shout Outs: Iron Addict, Kenny Britt for being an OG

titansowner27
10-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Workout B - 10/27/10

Squat:
220 x 1
220 x 0
220 x 0

Press:
125 x 3
125 x 1
125 x 1

Barbell Rows:
130 x 5
130 x 5
130 x 5

Med Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Horrible workout. Could probably make up a hundred excuses why it was so bad but it doesn't matter because the main problem was me. I will be focused in for friday.

titansowner27
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Probably will be resetting my press because I have been on 125 for a little while now. And last night I ate a bowl of Chunky soup....never again haha.

NorwegianGuy92
10-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Don't sweat it, you still got 3 x 5 215 on Monday.

I remember not long ago you struggled with 170-180..can you imagine that? ;)

Resetting the press is probably a good idea. Good luck on friday!

NorwegianGuy92
10-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Don't sweat it, you still got 3 x 5 215 on Monday.

I remember not long ago you struggled with 185..can you imagine that? ;)

Resetting the press is probably a good idea. Good luck on friday!

titansowner27
10-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Haha yea 185 use to seem like an obstacle that I would never overcome.. thanks for your support and had a nice steak for dinner tonight and plan to kick ass friday!

titansowner27
10-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Squat:
220 x 3
220 x 3
220 x 1

Bench:
175 x 4
174 x 3
174 x 2

Deadlift:
315 x 5

Dips:
8 Reps
7 Reps

NorwegianGuy92
10-31-2010, 06:14 AM
Three plates deadlift, sweet :D

titansowner27
10-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Hell yea bra it felt good! On friday I did my deadlift with my left hand suppinated. I got all five reps but the last one wasnt as clean as I would have liked. This wednesday when I deadlift, I was thinking of staying at three plates and lifting with my right hand suppinated just so I have all five clean reps before I move on. Does that sound like a plan?

NorwegianGuy92
10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah, it doesn't really hurt to keep the weight the same for a few sessions.

titansowner27
10-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for the speedy reply.

titansowner27
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Squat:
220 x 5
220 x 2
220 x 0

Press:
100 x 5
100 x 5
100 x 5

Barbell Row:
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Close Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Reset press. I'm fucking pissed my squat is progressing. Maybe my form is fucked up because I keep leaning towards my right as I come up. Maybe I need a belt I don't fucking know maybe I'm just being a pussy. Obviously this has been a shitty day.

NorwegianGuy92
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Get a belt man, I assumed you had one already! If not for safety, then at least for a little confidence boost!

titansowner27
11-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Ha thanks for the advice. Is there anything special about using the belt I should know about?

kutt3r
11-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Why are you squatting ME every workout??
If you really want to go that route then I would make every 2nd one light and work form. You are going to crush yourself.

Can you get video?

titansowner27
11-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Why are you squatting ME every workout??
If you really want to go that route then I would make every 2nd one light and work form. You are going to crush yourself.

Can you get video?

I'm following Mark Rippetoe's starting strength program that's why I keep squatting ME.

And yes, tomorrow morning I'll take some videos.

kutt3r
11-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I knew the program when I saw your routine. I was asking why, it is crushing you and your getting frustrated... time to taper back on the squat and recover a little or try more food/sleep. Squats are tough and not everyone can follow that program successfully, sometime less = more.

I see you go from 215x5x3 to doing a few reps with 220... I am thinking you are just burnt out.

I know personally I can squat heavy once per week, more than that and I am goo, its worse if I am in gear, it will take 2-3 days to recover.

Get a vid and post it up... there might be an issue there. :)

See the article about the Titan's considering Moss if they get a chance? Deep threat :)

titansowner27
11-02-2010, 08:56 PM
I knew the program when I saw your routine. I was asking why, it is crushing you and your getting frustrated... time to taper back on the squat and recover a little or try more food/sleep. Squats are tough and not everyone can follow that program successfully, sometime less = more.

I see you go from 215x5x3 to doing a few reps with 220... I am thinking you are just burnt out.

I know personally I can squat heavy once per week, more than that and I am goo, its worse if I am in gear, it will take 2-3 days to recover.

Get a vid and post it up... there might be an issue there. :)

See the article about the Titan's considering Moss if they get a chance? Deep threat :)

Thanks for you incite Kutt3r. I might think that squatting heavy 3x a week might be too heavy. I am trying to increase my quality food intake and maintaining a good sleep number. I love sleeping and just wish there was more time in the day to do it! Increasing strength would be a lot easier :)

But yes, I will definitely will be taking a video tomorrow morning so please stay tuned! I was posting vids for a while because I do understand how important technique is. Also, if squatting heavy 3x a week is too much, would you recommend having Wednesday as a technique day almost so that Monday to Friday I can be recovering? Just let me know your thoughts.

And I would love Randy Moss on the Titans! Hell I wish they would have acquired TO before the season started. I am so upset that Kenny Britt is going to be out for a little. He is a strong asset. I am surprised that he was injured on that play? I feel as if players are performing something incorrectly because a lot of the players are suffering random injuries nowadays.

DOA
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Don't buy into the titans getting randy moss to much. Jeff fisher is just expressing interest so that the fans won't complain that they won't go after big names. The only thing that keeps me optimistic is the fact that Britt could miss some time.

titansowner27
11-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Workout A - 11/3/10

Squat:
220 x 5
220 x 1
220 x 5

Bench Press:
175 x 4
175 x 3
175 x 2

Deadlift:
315 x 0

Dips +15:
8 Reps
5 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Shitty workout. Second set of squats were shit because my headphones were being pulled down by my belt and that just was aggravating. I'm just not going to use headphones anymore. Bench sucked. I didn't even increase any reps and it seemed just as hard. I think my bar path isn't vertical as it should be? Deadlift was complete shit. I felt as if I hadn't recovered from the last time. I'm going to try to sleep more hopefully that will help because warming up with 265 even seemed taxing? I'll post squat vids later after school.

DOA
11-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow apparently I was wrong titans claimed randy moss. My dream fom 2005 of my titans franchise on madden came true lol.

kutt3r
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Wow apparently I was wrong titans claimed randy moss. My dream fom 2005 of my titans franchise on madden came true lol.

LOL I was going to write the smack down, but no need :)

If 21 other teams take a pass on Moss, the Tennessee Titans, holding the 22nd spot in the waiver claim order (based on an inversed version of the current league standings) will jump on him. The Titans have put in a claim for Moss, and he'd be a logical replacement for the team's injured No. 1 receiver, Kenny Britt, who pulled a hamstring Sunday in San Diego and is expected to miss several games. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher is intrigued with Moss's well-known ability to make catches in traffic, going up for the ball. Britt is just starting to develop similar skills as a big-play receiver.

kutt3r
11-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks for you incite Kutt3r. I might think that squatting heavy 3x a week might be too heavy. I am trying to increase my quality food intake and maintaining a good sleep number. I love sleeping and just wish there was more time in the day to do it! Increasing strength would be a lot easier :)

But yes, I will definitely will be taking a video tomorrow morning so please stay tuned! I was posting vids for a while because I do understand how important technique is. Also, if squatting heavy 3x a week is too much, would you recommend having Wednesday as a technique day almost so that Monday to Friday I can be recovering? Just let me know your thoughts.

And I would love Randy Moss on the Titans! Hell I wish they would have acquired TO before the season started. I am so upset that Kenny Britt is going to be out for a little. He is a strong asset. I am surprised that he was injured on that play? I feel as if players are performing something incorrectly because a lot of the players are suffering random injuries nowadays.

I would think that would be a better plan, I am no expert, but it just seems that you are worn down to me... it seems like you have the strength to do that easily, but not when you are worn out.

All you can do is try it for a while and see what happens... if it helps then great, if not re-evaluate. Getting more rest is not going to make you weaker.. look at all the strong guys on the board, there are not too many that I see could/would squat heavy 3xweek.

I am pretty partial to Wes/John's stuff as I just think it is better programming :)

DOA
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
LOL I was going to write the smack down, but no need :)

If 21 other teams take a pass on Moss, the Tennessee Titans, holding the 22nd spot in the waiver claim order (based on an inversed version of the current league standings) will jump on him. The Titans have put in a claim for Moss, and he'd be a logical replacement for the team's injured No. 1 receiver, Kenny Britt, who pulled a hamstring Sunday in San Diego and is expected to miss several games. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher is intrigued with Moss's well-known ability to make catches in traffic, going up for the ball. Britt is just starting to develop similar skills as a big-play receiver.

No need to rub my face in it. I am a fellow titans fan.

kutt3r
11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
No need to rub my face in it. I am a fellow titans fan.

haha no rubbing intended and we got him by the sounds of it!!

DOA
11-03-2010, 06:00 PM
haha no rubbing intended and we got him by the sounds of it!!

Ye its been oficial fo aout an hour or so. If Britt can come back for that stretch of divison games, we are scary. Who do you stop CJ,Moss or Britt. The best part about this is Moss stated Tennessee was one of the places he wanted to go. So I guess this means we won't see any half ass routes. Plus I am really impressed with VY's improved deep ball this year as it was his weak point when he was younger.

titansowner27
11-03-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cstFEhRQRgI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0UENdO6100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGOKCU5K9zE

Here are my squat vids from earlier. I think I'm going to take this Friday off in order to recover and go hard next week with two workout A days. I know I can get 220 with rest. I do think relatively soon I will be done with starting strength. Any thoughts?

Also, Randy Moss will be a key pickup. I'm hoping to get a Titans Moss jersey because that would be so bad ass!

NorwegianGuy92
11-04-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm not strength verified, so take it for what it's worth.

I did SS, and I did get away with squatting three times a week, and pulling one or two times a week. It works for a lot of beginners, but it doesn't work for everyone.

I also had days where I would get maybe..5,4,3 reps for squats, then the next time I'd get 3 x 5. Same with deadlifts. It was brutal as fuck, maybe not the absolutely best route to go, but it sure worked(FOR ME).

kutt3r
11-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Angle was hard to see, but I would post up in the Vid section and get the verified guys chiming in, I see somethings that I would change, but again I am not going to say :)

Personally I think squatting heavy 3xweek is asking for trouble, it might work while you are relatively weak, but when you start getting to high weights I cannot see it working for long, unless you have a HUGE work capacity and are taking a ton of gear.

Like I mentioned I think any of the programs on the site are hands down better :D

I would not mind a Moss jersey, just to have one. I do not think he will come in and be a super star, but he will give teams something to think about other than the run, and I am betting he will be double teamed as per normal... so that will free up the other receivers. Should be interesting.

titansowner27
11-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Alright I will post the vids up in a sec. Yesterday I was in Pittsburgh visiting the campus, so I decided just to take Friday off and pick it back up on Monday to give my body and mind a COMPLETE rest. I will also be thinking of which program to pick up in the future. Any recommendations?

NorwegianGuy92
11-06-2010, 01:10 PM
SPBR or exmgtoo's routine seem to get a lot of praise here, so I guess you won't go wrong with one of those :)
They are in the routine section.

titansowner27
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
SPBR or exmgtoo's routine seem to get a lot of praise here, so I guess you won't go wrong with one of those :)
They are in the routine section.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was reading the routines in the Body of Work ebook and have decided to go with the 4/3/2 routine. I will continue doing starting strength until after I get back from my Thanksgiving break. I feel there are still gains to be made from Starting Strength and I really want to sure up my squat form before I start changing routines. If anyone has run the 4/3/2 and has any tips or comments, please let me know!

titansowner27
11-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Also, I am going to start my squats at 200 tomorrow and work back up because my form just needs a little correction. Besides that, I will be doing 175 on bench and 315 one more time on deads.

titansowner27
11-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Workout A - 11/8/10

Squat:
200 x 5
200 x 5
200 x 5

Bench:
175 x 5
175 x 5 (Spotter said he didn't help me on last two reps but his two index fingers were under bar)
175 x 5 (Same as above only on last three reps)

Deadlift:
315 x 5 (right hand suppinated this time)

Dips +15:
4 Reps
1 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Felt damn good to deadlift 315 once again. By far my favorite lift. Squats were fairly easy and I was definitely emphasizing the arch and sit back portion of the lift. Bench still was not as easy as I had hoped with all the rest. I think there has to be a flaw in my technique because I always have trouble with it.

kutt3r
11-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Smart... :D

Keep the vids of your squats/deads/bench coming.... the best thing is to watch the vid if you are training alone or with someone inexperienced... I learn more every time I do, it is just a habit now... there are a ton of guys that will help you with your form, you just have to be able to want to get better... and have some thick skin :)

titansowner27
11-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Smart... :D

Keep the vids of your squats/deads/bench coming.... the best thing is to watch the vid if you are training alone or with someone inexperienced... I learn more every time I do, it is just a habit now... there are a ton of guys that will help you with your form, you just have to be able to want to get better... and have some thick skin :)

Ha thanks for the support. I will keep the videos coming. The only reason I don't have videos for all of my lifts all the time, is that I tend to be lazy sometimes not because I'm thinned-skinned :) But yes I hope to get bench videos on Friday, I just have to think how I am going to set up my phone.

titansowner27
11-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Workout B -- 11/10/10

Squat:
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5

Press:
110 x 5
110 x 5
110 x 5

Barbell Rows:
140 x 5
140 x 5
140 x 5

Med Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Squats went fairly well. Rest was pretty easy cause I deloaded press and my row is still increasing. I have videos of last two sets of squats. I wanna upload those at some point for critiquing.

titansowner27
11-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Workout A -- 11/12/10

Squat:
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5

Bench Press:
155 x 3
155 x 3

Dips:
8 Reps

titansowner27
11-15-2010, 09:24 AM
11/15/10 -- Workout B

Squat:
210 x 5
210 x 5
210 x 5

Press:
115 x 5
115 x 5
115 x 5

Barbell Rows:
145 x 5
145 x 5
145 x 5

Med Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Ab Machine:
50 x 10
50 x 10

Overall Thoughts: Fuck yeah.

NorwegianGuy92
11-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Nice lifting :)
Why did you do 185 for squats on Friday?

titansowner27
11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Nice lifting :)
Why did you do 185 for squats on Friday?

Just felt like shit and felt 210 was unrealistic for some reason after Monday and Wednesday. I seem to be able to lift heavy 2x a week. I was also thinking of not lifting heavy on Wednesday, then continuing with 215 on Friday. Does that sound reasonable? I just wanted to squat enough to warm my body up for benching and deads.

NorwegianGuy92
11-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Sure, give it a try :)

titansowner27
11-17-2010, 09:28 AM
11/17/10 -- Workout A

Squats:
Just worked up to 185 and will continue with 215 on Friday.

Bench:
155 x 5
(I was being a bitch and didn't ask anyone to spot me because there was only old people and I don't trust them)

Deadlift:
320 x 3 (Got the fourth halfway up but then was stuck)

Dips:
8 reps
8 reps

Overall Thoughts: Idk maybe I didn't get enough sleep. Maybe form was shitty on deadlift because one of the reps actually made me take a step back? Idk I need to bring my zune next time because music gets me pumped for the deadlift. My fucking gym has the worst music and the most old people I have ever seen. I'm so pissed I didn't get 320 on deads. I gotta find out why my bench won't increase.

titansowner27
11-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Ha wow I realized I was way too angry in the last post. Considering how much I beat my body up on Monday, I consider today's workout was decent. I'm gonna try to increase my sleeping. I've just been studying extra hard recently so my stress has increased just a tad.

titansowner27
11-19-2010, 09:23 AM
11/19/10 -- Workout B

Squat:
215 x 5
215 x 4
215 x 1

Press:
120 x 1
120 x 1
120 x 1

Barbell Rows:
150 x 5
150 x 5
150 x 3

Pull Ups:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Ab Machine:
60 x 10
60 x 10

Overall Thoughts: My body is very tired. I was getting head rushes when doing presses thats why I decided to only do one rep.

DOA
11-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I hope your prepare for 5 more years without a superbowl because we are most likely going to be starting the rebuilding process all over again.

titansowner27
11-22-2010, 09:31 AM
11/22/10 -- Workout A

Squat:
215 x 5
215 x 5
215 x 5

Bench Press:
150 x 5
160 x 5
175 x 5

Deadlift:
320 x 5

Overall Thoughts: Wish I could have been tighter on last set of squats. Bench went well I just didn't know exactly where my strength was with that. I do now though. Deadlift went good. Only problem there was I was having a tough time holding it in my hands at the peak. Maybe I just need more chalk? Overall, it was a good workout to end the past couple of weeks on. I'm going to North Carolina and probably will just run or sprint until I get back.

titansowner27
11-22-2010, 09:32 AM
I hope your prepare for 5 more years without a superbowl because we are most likely going to be starting the rebuilding process all over again.

Haha yea bra it fucking sucks. Fisher needs to leave. Him and his staff are ridiculous. Right now I will be rooting for the Jets in the playoffs because Santonio Holmes is a beast.

Also, how can no one get the ball to Randy Moss????

NorwegianGuy92
11-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Nice, that's a deadlift PR? :)

titansowner27
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes, it is a PR :) Great way to start off my break and eat a shit ton of turkey!

titansowner27
12-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Back on my Grind -- Workout A -- 12/1/10

Squat:
220 x 5
220 x 3
220 x 5

Bench Press:
175 x 5
175 x 4
175 x 3

Deadlift:
325 x 2

Dips +0 lbs:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Felt great to actually workout again ha. Squats went better than expected. I will attempt 220 again on Monday to give my body some rest. Not sure what I will do on Friday for squats. Bench went decent, just want to get over this 175 hurdle..I did not feel as comfortable as I would like on my bench today. Deadlift was alright I was just very fatigued by this point. Monday I will get 325 no doubt. Dips were alright, I was just pissed i couldn't find the chain to add weight:/ well anyway it was a great break where I could toke and relax. To all my followers, how was your thanksgiving? :)

NorwegianGuy92
12-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Looks like squats are progressing as well, nice!

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here in cooold Norway :D

titansowner27
12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks like squats are progressing as well, nice!

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here in cooold Norway :D

Haha Norway is the shit though. I'm very interested in foreign governments. What are your thoughts on your country's government? Because I know day by day I lose a LOT of faith in the American government and the American people. Shit is just too inefficient and no one is held accountable for anything :( I have contemplated moving to Italy once I receive my degree because I am mostly Italian and love the Italian culture.

Also, I cannot wait to take the SAT's saturday. I have studied for the past month to up my score. I am pretty much taking them again for no reason since I have already been excepted to Pitt. My hubris just needs a boost :)

DOA
12-01-2010, 08:31 PM
100% italian right here my friend

titansowner27
12-02-2010, 09:38 AM
100% italian right here my friend

Damn man no wonder we get along so well :) are you in college or still in high school?

DOA
12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
2nd year university, not going so well

NorwegianGuy92
12-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Haha Norway is the shit though. I'm very interested in foreign governments. What are your thoughts on your country's government? Because I know day by day I lose a LOT of faith in the American government and the American people. Shit is just too inefficient and no one is held accountable for anything :( I have contemplated moving to Italy once I receive my degree because I am mostly Italian and love the Italian culture.

Also, I cannot wait to take the SAT's saturday. I have studied for the past month to up my score. I am pretty much taking them again for no reason since I have already been excepted to Pitt. My hubris just needs a boost :)

I have little right now, but tomorrow I'll tell you exactly what I think of Norway's government! I'm not too pleased with it, I can say that much right now..

What are you gonna study? :)

titansowner27
12-02-2010, 05:53 PM
2nd year university, not going so well

Shit man..what are you majoring in and what university?

titansowner27
12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I have little right now, but tomorrow I'll tell you exactly what I think of Norway's government! I'm not too pleased with it, I can say that much right now..

What are you gonna study? :)

I plan to dual major in Actuarial Science and something offered in Pitt's College of Business. Not sure which business major I'm going to choose. The actuarial science degree is only offered at one of their branch campuses so I will have to finish up a year at the one it is offered I believe. I have wanted to become an actuary ever since my uncle told me about it. A lot of opportunity in that field and I love stats and probability.

NorwegianGuy92
12-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Good for you man, that you're going to do what you love! The worst thing is people who feel like they "have" to go to college/uni in order to make something out of their life, when in reality it is not for them, and they ought to be doing something else which would grant them much more happiness in life.

titansowner27
12-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Good for you man, that you're going to do what you love! The worst thing is people who feel like they "have" to go to college/uni in order to make something out of their life, when in reality it is not for them, and they ought to be doing something else which would grant them much more happiness in life.

I agree man most kids and teenagers are pressured by their parents. This pressure can start from an early age when their parents automatically "sign" them up for a religion. I am not religious at all because my dad never pressured me. He simply let me mature and let me make my own decisions. And I personally think religion is bullshit...but you can have an opposite opinion :)

Also, don't forget to let me know about the Norwegian government! :)

12/3/10 -- Workout B

Squat:
Just did five sets of five reps with just the bar. No way I could squat heavy again.

Press:
120 x 2
120 x 1
120 x 1

Barbell Rows:
150 x 5
150 x 5
150 x 5

Med Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps
8 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Decent. Shoulders were exhausted before I even stepped in. This week went well. Did not smoke at all in preparation for the SAT tomorrow. I plan to merc it. 220 on Monday for squats and 325 for deads!

NorwegianGuy92
12-03-2010, 12:38 PM
So, about the Norwegian government. It's basically a social democracy, and I'm not a big fan of socialism. It can work well in some cases, but in general, it doesn't. The thing is, education isn't particularly rewarded here in Norway ( in terms of sallery). And there are positive and negative aspects of this; you can be living off welfare checks, and get around $40,000 a year. Ok, sounds good. The thing is, we need educated people as well, and I think there will be shortage of that in some time.

On another note, the politicians who belong to the socialist parties are freaking idiots. The first thing they did was so buy a nudist beach for $5,000,000. Awesome..what did they do with it? Nothing. The money is just thrown around, when it could have been used for something so much better, like helping the homeless people in Oslo, who can't even get welfare checks.

The minister of defense doesn't know shit about warfare, politicians receive personal benefits that we don't, etc...I guess these are things that could be said about most governments, but..I'm just not a fan of it.

And the immigration is out of control, which I think is becoming quite a problem now.
Norway is also one of the few countries that acknowledges Hamas as an official government. Norway hates the US, Israel, etc..etc. When I say Norway I mean the politicians and the media, I hope the general population has more sense. Although I'm starting to doubt it..

titansowner27
12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
So, about the Norwegian government. It's basically a social democracy, and I'm not a big fan of socialism. It can work well in some cases, but in general, it doesn't. The thing is, education isn't particularly rewarded here in Norway ( in terms of sallery). And there are positive and negative aspects of this; you can be living off welfare checks, and get around $40,000 a year. Ok, sounds good. The thing is, we need educated people as well, and I think there will be shortage of that in some time.

On another note, the politicians who belong to the socialist parties are freaking idiots. The first thing they did was so buy a nudist beach for $5,000,000. Awesome..what did they do with it? Nothing. The money is just thrown around, when it could have been used for something so much better, like helping the homeless people in Oslo, who can't even get welfare checks.

The minister of defense doesn't know shit about warfare, politicians receive personal benefits that we don't, etc...I guess these are things that could be said about most governments, but..I'm just not a fan of it.

And the immigration is out of control, which I think is becoming quite a problem now.
Norway is also one of the few countries that acknowledges Hamas as an official government. Norway hates the US, Israel, etc..etc. When I say Norway I mean the politicians and the media, I hope the general population has more sense. Although I'm starting to doubt it..

Wow. Shit's bad everywhere it seems like nowadays...

Politicians don't deserve their power.

NorwegianGuy92
12-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, it's truly screwed up. We need people who actually know what they're talking about, and who have relevant experience. E.g, our minister of education is a kindergarten assistant..what could she possibly know about education? Or minister of defense is just some ignorant woman who claims that we have the best military in the world..even thought we have like 3000 men or so. Awesome.

titansowner27
12-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah, it's truly screwed up. We need people who actually know what they're talking about, and who have relevant experience. E.g, our minister of education is a kindergarten assistant..what could she possibly know about education? Or minister of defense is just some ignorant woman who claims that we have the best military in the world..even thought we have like 3000 men or so. Awesome.

Haha that made me laugh man. Look up the name Elena Kagan. Our sweeeeet president was nominated a woman, a cause of political correctness, to be a supreme justice....she had NO judging experience before this. I love how the senators and congressmen seem to not give a shit about the experience. I'm not sexist....but most women can't run anything, it's just the truth.

Anyways shitty day at the gym just could not feel it. No one was there to spot me on bench so I couldn't do that. After warming up and feeling good on squats I attempted 220...One rep down...okay this feels like the fucking world is crushing me. It's bullshit. Then second set... one rep. Final set I even put a belt on to see if it helped and it didn't do anything. I got so much sleep this weekend I don't understand why I was shit. Whenever I ate out I would have a water with lemon and would choose something appropriate. No way I was going to attempt 325 on deadlift after the poor showing on squat. I'm just going to make Wednesday my A workout again.

I think next week I will start my 4/3/2 split because squatting for five reps every time is fucking annoying after a little hah.

To Norwegian: what were your numbers when you switched up your routine from SS?

NorwegianGuy92
12-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Haha, I'll look her up later, sounds like she would fit perfectly in the Norwegian government! Send her to us, we could form a government of socialist retards without morals, education, intelligence or conscience, and..wait..oh, I forgot, that place exists, and it's called Norway :D

Let's see, I have it somewhere in an old post from April.

"In August I started on SS, and followed the routine for approximately 4 months, minus some weeks due to illness and travel.
So, my progress on SS ( I'll do this in lb, since most of you guys are from the US)

Squat

2x5 213 lb ( not parallel, not even close)
3x5 303 lb, and 5,5,3 with 308 lb

Bench press

Well, this sucked, I got no progress what so ever. Probably because it's an exercise that I had been doing a lot before. I was doing 4x200 8 months ago, and I never got past that. So after a good while I switched to incline bench, which I got to 3x5 155 lb( not very heavy).

Deadlift

1x4 225 lb
1x5 298 lb

Military press

2x5 100 lb
3x5 127 lb

Power clean

5x3 70-90 lb I guess
5x3 150 lb

And I also added about 10 lb to my dips.
My best set now is 2x5 BW + 55 lb.

Bench was touch and go (never got past 3 x 5 85 kg) squat did not break parallel, probably like hamstrings parallel to the floor.

titansowner27
12-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Haha, I'll look her up later, sounds like she would fit perfectly in the Norwegian government! Send her to us, we could form a government of socialist retards without morals, education, intelligence or conscience, and..wait..oh, I forgot, that place exists, and it's called Norway :D

Let's see, I have it somewhere in an old post from April.

"In August I started on SS, and followed the routine for approximately 4 months, minus some weeks due to illness and travel.
So, my progress on SS ( I'll do this in lb, since most of you guys are from the US)

Squat

2x5 213 lb ( not parallel, not even close)
3x5 303 lb, and 5,5,3 with 308 lb

Bench press

Well, this sucked, I got no progress what so ever. Probably because it's an exercise that I had been doing a lot before. I was doing 4x200 8 months ago, and I never got past that. So after a good while I switched to incline bench, which I got to 3x5 155 lb( not very heavy).

Deadlift

1x4 225 lb
1x5 298 lb

Military press

2x5 100 lb
3x5 127 lb

Power clean

5x3 70-90 lb I guess
5x3 150 lb

And I also added about 10 lb to my dips.
My best set now is 2x5 BW + 55 lb.

Bench was touch and go (never got past 3 x 5 85 kg) squat did not break parallel, probably like hamstrings parallel to the floor.

Thanks for the info bro. And I always appreciate your quick responses :)

Anyway I have decided to make this the last week for SS. Your post made me go back and check my first couple posts and realize I have made pretty good progress with SS. I will always remember and cherish it as it started me in the right direction..which Rippetoe states as the goal.

I am choosing between Iron Addict's 4/3/2 or Exmgtoo's routine. I will post my decision later in the week. Until then, I want to end my SS with a final bang.

NorwegianGuy92
12-06-2010, 05:14 PM
No problem man :)

Yeah, you've made great progress!
I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but if you feel like it, you could hire exmgqtoo/John to train you as well :)

titansowner27
12-07-2010, 09:53 PM
No problem man :)

Yeah, you've made great progress!
I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but if you feel like it, you could hire exmgqtoo/John to train you as well :)

Thanks for the referral bro. I am in the process of hiring John. Should happen tomorrow or the next day.

I'll make sure you get the credit :)

Anyway off to bed gotta be rested for tomorrow morning!

NorwegianGuy92
12-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Thanks man, that's cool :)
So far it's been great to train under John, he's a very nice guy with lots of knowledge!
I'm sure it will do wonders for you!

titansowner27
12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
12/8/10 -- Workout A

Squat:
220 x 2

Bench:
175 x 4
175 x 3
175 x 2

Deadlift:
325 x 4

Dips +10 lbs:
7 reps
3 reps

Overall Thoughts: Only did one set of squatting because I am experiencing pain at the lowest point of my squat..Not sure if I am just going lower than I usually do or if the pain will occur anyway? Bench just doesn't feel solid. I just always feel like only my shoulders and triceps are pushing and not my lats. Deadlift was alright. First two reps were good then last two I had to struggle to lock out and I just couldn't keep my lower back tight for the last rep and I was about halfway up with a round back which sucked so I just dropped it. Dips were shitty. Overall it was decent. My body just has exhausted all gains from SS and I'm mentally fatigued from it. I can't wait to move on. Friday I will be squatting three sets for sure. Not sure exactly what weight but I will decide soon enough.

titansowner27
12-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Workout B -- 12/10/10

Squat:
210 x 1

Med Grip Pull Ups:
8 Reps
6 Reps

Overall Thoughts: Back was still sore from deadlifting and I did not want to cause any damage to it. I signed up with John and Monday I will be starting a new routine. I can't wait!

NorwegianGuy92
12-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Sounds good man, it's probably gonna be pretty brutal..trust me :D

titansowner27
12-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Sorry I haven't been posting. I strained a back muscle so I had to sit out a week. Just returned from the gym and did some HIIT. I will be starting with John once I come back from my winter vacation. I will be keeping my self in shape until then.

NorwegianGuy92
12-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Suck about the injury, let it heal and enjoy your vacation, so you can come back strong :)

titansowner27
12-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Suck about the injury, let it heal and enjoy your vacation, so you can come back strong :)

Thanks for the support bro.

Woke up this morning and did about another twenty mins of cardio.

Hopefully I will lift a little tomorrow.

DOA
12-20-2010, 11:22 AM
First win since octobaer and I didn't even want them to win. As of now we don;t have a top 10 pick.

titansowner27
12-20-2010, 03:21 PM
First win since octobaer and I didn't even want them to win. As of now we don;t have a top 10 pick.

Jeff Fisher never wins a game when they need to. It's already too late. And fuck Mike Heimerdinger. His bullshit is just a distraction. Fish needs to retire

titansowner27
12-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Today I lifted for the first time in over a week. I wanted to get one day in before I started break.

Squat:
185 x 7
185 x 7
185 x 7

Deadlift:
315 x 0
295 x 0
(I warmed up and tried to go for 315 but I couldn't get it off the ground..same with 295)

Overall Thoughts: It was nice to get one day in. Back is sore as hell now so I'm gonna let it rest.

titansowner27
01-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Backs good..going to start back up Monday!

DOA
01-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Whos going fisher, young or both?

titansowner27
01-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Whos going fisher, young or both?

I think Fisher will get fired and Young will stay.

What do you think?

NorwegianGuy92
01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Glad to hear that your back is feeling better :)
Will be interesting to see how you progress when training under John.

T.K
01-07-2011, 04:25 PM
You'll definitely reach your goals working with John, it'll be good to see your progress

titansowner27
01-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I'm excited to get back on a routine and the Jets just killed the Colts in a badass fashion.

titansowner27
01-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Today was the second workout since beginning again.

On Monday the main lift was a paused bench with middle of palms on the rings: 105 x 5
125 x 5
125 x 5

Today the main lift was paused squats:
135 x 5
145 x 5
145 x 5

Weights seemed relatively easy. Just had to figure out where I was. Glad to be feeling some muscle soreness again! :)

NorwegianGuy92
01-12-2011, 01:10 AM
A good start, I'm sure you'll make great progress :)

titansowner27
01-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Thursday:

Guillotine Press
115 x 5
115 x 5

Friday:

Sumo Deads:
245 x 5
245 x 5

About to head to the gym to do some cardio and abs...then JETS GAME LATER FOOL

NorwegianGuy92
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
How do you like guillotine presses and sumo deads?

titansowner27
01-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I liked both actually. Both were a change of pace from what I was doing prior to working with John. Its been fun so far and I hope the progress continues

NorwegianGuy92
01-16-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm sure it will :)

titansowner27
01-19-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm sure it will :)

Thanks for your confidence bro!

1/17/11

Paused Bench Press:
130 x 5
130 x 5

1/18/11

Paused Squats:
155 x 5
155 x 5

Overall Thoughts: Feelin' good as fuck!

DOA
01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
as if the titans don;t get worse they lost perhaps the best assistant coach in jim washburn today. I don;t blame him though.

titansowner27
01-26-2011, 08:07 PM
as if the titans don;t get worse they lost perhaps the best assistant coach in jim washburn today. I don;t blame him though.

Yeah man its sad. They just aren't going in the right direction.

Right now my favorite coach in the NFL is Rex Ryan. I'm pissed they lost to the Steelers.

titansowner27
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
1/20/11
Guillotine Press
120 x 5
120 x 5

1/21/11
Sumo Deads
255 x 5
255 x 5

1/24/11
Paused Bench
135 x 5
135 x 5

1/25/11
Paused Squats
165 x 5
165 x 5

PumaKrieg
01-26-2011, 10:15 PM

:shakehand

OKUMatt
01-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Jeff Fisher's gone too, now. Tough break.

DOA
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Jeff Fisher's gone too, now. Tough break.

I think, I am the only titans fan who really does not care about letting go of a guy who plays football like the 1950's and has had one super bowl appearance. Wehn you can't win a superbowl with the 99' and 08 teams, you are not a good coach.

NorwegianGuy92
02-05-2011, 06:34 AM
What's up man, how is the training going?

titansowner27
02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Sorry I have been getting behind :P Recently time feels like it has been blowing by!

Anyway, here are my updated results:

1/27
Guillotine Press:
125 x 5
125 x 5

1/28
Sumo Deadlift:
265 x 5
265 x 5

1/31
Paused Bench:
140 x 5
140 x 5

2/1
Paused Squat:
175 x 5
175 x 5

2/3
Guillotine Press:
130 x 5
130 x 5

2/4
Sumo Deadlift:
275 x 5
275 x 5

2/7
Paused Bench:
145 x 5
145 x 5

2/8
Paused Squat:
185 x 5
185 x 5

Overall Thoughts: Feel great! and I have been very impressed with my results! If any of you are deciding if you should train with John or not, I highly recommend such! He has been such a great resource!

Titans Thoughts: I'm very shocked and pleased by the changes Munchak has already brought about..I think their draft class will speak to whether or not they will be able to rebound. They need to put Indianapolis in their place.

DOA
02-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Mike Munchak is making some decent changes. Titans won;t be good for a while though.

titansowner27
02-16-2011, 09:11 PM
2/11/11
Guillotine Press:
135 x 5
135 x 5

2/12/11
Sumo Deadlift:
285 x 5
285 x 5

2/14/11
Paused Bench:
150 x 5
150 x 5

2/15/11
Paused Squat:
195 x 5
195 x 5

NorwegianGuy92
02-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Strong sumo deadlift!

titansowner27
02-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Yes, deadlifts are progressing well. I feel that all my lifts are progressing well, even my bench which I've always had a problem with. And I am also looking to make good progress on my squat as well.

titansowner27
03-14-2011, 11:02 PM
2/17
Guillotine:
140 x 5
140 x 5

2/18
Sumo Deads:
295 x 5
295 x 5

2/21
Paused Bench:
155 x 5
155 x 5

2/22
Squats:
205 x 5
205 x 5

2/24
Guillotine:
145 x 5
145 x 5

2/25
305 x 5
305 x 5

2/28
Paused Bench:
160 x 5
160 x 5

3/1
Squats:
215 x 5
215 x 5

3/3
Guillotine:
145 x 5
145 x 5

3/4
Sumo Deads:
315 x 5
315 x 5

3/7
Paused Bench:
165 x 5
165 x 5

3/8
Squats:
225 x 5
225 x 5

3/10
Guillotine:
150 x 5
150 x 5

3/11
Sumo Deads:
320 x 4
320 x 2

3/14
Paused Bench:
165 x 5
165 x 5

Overall Thoughts: Feel damn good. Gonna try to keep up my log better haha. Until then, keep lifting.

165 x 5

NorwegianGuy92
03-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Nice increases! And yeah, try to update a little more often, haha :p

titansowner27
03-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Nice increases! And yeah, try to update a little more often, haha :p

Haha yea man I definitely will be keeping up better. Time has been flying and I've been busy traveling all of over the state recently. How's life been for you??

Todays results

Paused Squats:
225 x 5
225 x 5

Squats are coming along great. I will try to post up vids later tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get the chance.

NorwegianGuy92
03-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Oh, I see. Like vacation, or work related? Life is treating me well, but I have some school work to catch up on. I've got 14 exams in May..good times, good times :D

Nice squats man, PRs all over the place in this log!

titansowner27
03-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh, I see. Like vacation, or work related? Life is treating me well, but I have some school work to catch up on. I've got 14 exams in May..good times, good times :D

Nice squats man, PRs all over the place in this log!

I've been visiting some family and also visited Pittsburgh University and Penn State University to help me decide which one I wanna attend next year.

14 exams in May is rough bro. You got it though. I only have one meaningful test the rest of my senior year :P whats your major?

3/15/11
Paused Squats:
225 x 5
225 x 5

3/17/11
Guillotine Press:
150 x 5
150 x 5

NorwegianGuy92
03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Nice, sounds good! What are you planning on studying?

Major? Well, I'm in high school, so..no major I guess :p

titansowner27
03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Nice, sounds good! What are you planning on studying?

Major? Well, I'm in high school, so..no major I guess :p

Right now I plan on studying actuarial science at Penn State University next year. What year of high school are you in?

3/21/11
Paused Bench:
165 x 5
165 x 5

3/22/11
Paused Squats (lower):
195 x 5
195 x 5

NorwegianGuy92
03-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Sounds complicated, damn. Good for you man! :)
I'm in my last year, only two months left.

titansowner27
04-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Sounds complicated, damn. Good for you man! :)
I'm in my last year, only two months left.

Same bro its going by quickly.

Just took a week off to study for AP Calculus BC exam on May 4th.

Felt nice to get back in the gym again.

4/4/2011
Paused Bench:
155 x 5
155 x 5

titansowner27
04-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Updated results:

4/5
Paused Squat
195 x 5
195 x 5

4/7
Guillotine Press
145 x 5
145 x 5

4/8
Sumo Deadlift
315 x 5
315 x 5

4/11
Paused Bench
160 x 5
160 x 5

4/14
Guillotine Press
150 x 5
150 x 5

titansowner27
04-18-2011, 06:05 PM
April 18th, 2011

Paused Bench:
165 x 5
165 x 5

Dumbbell Curls:
35 x 15
35 x 11

Overall Thoughts: Good start to a week that I would like to be strong. Only two days until 4/20! I can't wait to burn some tree down and relax! Luckily 4/20 is on Wednesday, my rest day! :D

NorwegianGuy92
04-19-2011, 07:08 AM
I've got a math exam on the 5th I think, I feel your pain...
Good work, nice sumo deadlift :)

titansowner27
04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
4/21
Sumo Dead:
315 x 5
315 x 5

4/25
Paused Bench:
170 x 5
170 x 5

4/26
Paused Squats:
195 x 5
195 x 5

Seeing Greg Allman and Steve Miller tomorrow night!!

TomPudd AKA Wil
04-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice lifting Titans, Those are some strong deads you've got there.

How are you liking the paused lifts compared to the regular "touch and go" style?

What is actuarial science?

titansowner27
04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Nice lifting Titans, Those are some strong deads you've got there.

How are you liking the paused lifts compared to the regular "touch and go" style?

What is actuarial science?

I am appreciating the paused lifts as opposed to the regular style. I like them because it helps keep me focused on my form. And I also can feel my muscles working better. My bench has been sky rocketing before. This NEVER happened before paused benching.

Actuarial Science is a degree that helps one specialize in becoming an actuary. To become a fully certified casualty actuary, one must pass 7 exams and 2 modules I'm pretty sure. An actuary uses probability and statistics to help determine financial risk and uncertainty.

Wiki has a good description of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actuary

Read it and lemme know what you think!

NorwegianGuy92
04-28-2011, 04:29 AM
Too much math :D

TomPudd AKA Wil
04-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Wow, sounds like a legit deal besides being almost entirely berth based haha!

titansowner27
05-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Updated Results

4/28
Guillotine Press
155 x 5
155 x 5

4/29
Sumo Deads
325 x 5
325 x 5

titansowner27
05-05-2011, 08:19 PM
5/2
Paused Bench:
170 x 5
175 x 5
175 x 5

5/3
Paused Squat:
205 x 5
205 x 5

5/5
Guillotine Press:
160 x 5
160 x 4

DOA
05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Hey man what did you think of the drafts?

titansowner27
05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I really did like the Titans pick of Jake Locker. He would have been the first pick if he came out a year earlier so I see a huge upside for him. I think he will make Blaine Gabbert look like a pussy. I also like the Lions draft alot. They are becoming a force quickly with their picks.

What were your thoughts?

Also, I just had surgery to remove my gynoclamastea so I will be out of commission for a few weeks.

DOA
05-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I agree 100%. I keep telling everyone to watch out for the lions in 1-2 years. Nick fairley had the biggest bust potential but he is going to be playing next to Suh and they will have a good D-line next year.

As for the titans draft.... I am thrilled with the draft. I am the most excited for akeem ayers. He was supposed to be gone well before then. And we picked up a nice DT Jurell Casey which many people are saying if this draft would be redone in 5 years he would be a first round pick. I am really excited. The titans will not be good in 2011 but they will lay a solid foundation for 2012.

titansowner27
05-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Truth. I really like the Titans coach. It was about time they replaced Fisher. I'll always respect Fisher and if not for Eddy George fumbling against the Ravens, they beat the Giants that year. He was a good coach but it was time for a new face of the franchise.

DOA
05-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Titans should have won the 99 and 00 superbowls. But I guess it was not meant to be.

titansowner27
05-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Still recovering from surgery. Will start lifting again next Monday.