PDA

View Full Version : Results with SPBR routine!!

djchach
06-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Well, my name is David and I'm 19 years old. I've been working out on and off for a while but have been going serious for probably the last 8 months. To be honest for the first couple of months I was using a bowflex that did help me out a bit but they are limited to what you can workout and I stalled on that very quickly. So I joined my old gym and have been going hard ever since.

I'm 6'2" and about 165lbs. As you can see I'm a pretty skinny guy but I'd consider myself in pretty good shape and I'm filling out pretty good ha. Anyways I've been doing the SPBR routine for about 5 weeks and trying to follow it exactly to key. I had some very satisfying results (for me) and I figured I share them with everyone. I'll just post the major workouts because I had to switch off the other ones over the 5 weeks.

Week 1 (Start of the routine):
Weight: 160lbs
Squats (Free weight barbell): (265x5) x2
Bench (Free weight barbell): 175x3, 175x3, 170x4
Deadlift (Free weight barbell): 295x5, 295x3
Incline Bench (Free weight barbell): (145x5) x3

Week 4: Just gotta tell you I had a little pain in my shoulder so I didn't increase weight like I should have for some workouts.

End of Week 5:
Weight: 165lbs
Squats (Free weight barbell): (295x5) x2
Bench (Free weight barbell): (190x3) x3
Deadlift (Free weight barbell): (315x5) x2
Incline Bench (Free weight barbell): (165x5) x3

P.S. All other workouts increased in weight also but I had to change certain workouts during these 5 weeks so it would be to much to post.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this routine and will continue it as long as I keep gaining. My goal is to bulk and 5lbs isn't to bad for me because I have the hardest time gaining weight.

Thank you and let me know what you think.

iron addict
06-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Nice work! Keep at it!!

IA

Joe
06-28-2010, 04:26 PM
great work... like IA said keep working

djchach
07-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Another question... So my shoulder is still kinda in pain throughout the day and I even sometimes wake up in the middle of the night because it starts to hurt more. I read somewhere that its good to take a week off after going with this routine for a little while... Do you think it would be bad to take a week off? I don't want to lose any of the weights I'm putting up now.

Let me know. Thank you.

LudiWithKnives
07-05-2010, 08:03 PM
is it loose and have you dislocated it before? i have a friend who redislocated his shoulder in his sleep and that doesnt sound fun lol

djchach
07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Well I doubt its dislocated cuz its not in that much pain and I still lift with it ha. But it just gets very stiff and feels like there's a knot when I try to rotate it. I have to stretch it before every set I do with incline and regular bench. And with all military and shoulder presses.

Oh and sorry... I saw that I didn't really answer your question. I've never dislocated it before and I guess idk about the loose ha.