PDA

View Full Version : Summer Change

My Porsche
05-11-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm finally done with cafeteria food for life, and now that I'm home from school for the summer, I can at last eat wholesome, healthy, organic food again.

So my goal is to see just how much of a difference I can make in three months. My basic plan is to eat very little (basically vegetables only) carbohydrates after midday, lift heavy weights, and get at least two hours of low-intensity cardiovascular exercise per week, in the form of either biking or walking.

I expect to lose about 5-10 pounds over the first few weeks just from eating quality food without "hidden" calories anymore, the same happened over Christmas break.

I am going to try to get my body fat caliper measured at the gym tomorrow so that I can accurately keep a barometer for my progress. My ultimate goal is 200 pounds at <10% bodyfat. If I had to guess, I would say that I am 210 pounds at a little over 15% right now now. Obviously I won't reach that goal in three months, but I'd like to see how far along I can get.

Routine, I'm open to suggestions but I'm thinking either SPBR, or what I've been doing that past month and like, IA's "Hardgainer/Low Volume/Frequency Routine"

This format is one that after everyone reads the routines, not one in 20 will pick this one, and the truth is, many of the 20 will do better on this one than any of the others. Why will no one pick it? It’s not “flashy” it doesn’t have a fancy name, nor will most guys ever believe it could be “enough” work after reading “Flex” and the like seeing the “routines of the pro’s”. Well the truth is those damn routines of the “pro’s” work for a select few and most guys reading this are not likely to one of those guys.

Day One:
Dips or Bench Press 2-3 x 6-8
Incline Press, or incline Fly 2 x 10-12
Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 2-3 x 6-8
Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 2-3 x 10-12
Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Two:
Pull-Up 3 sets to failure
Barbell Row 2-3 x 8
EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1-2 x 10
Squats 2 x 10
Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10

Wish me luck gentlemen, I am going to try to chronicle my weight, body fat (how often should I measure, once per week or less frequently?), training, and diet as closely as I can here.

iron addict
05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Drop calories too low at once and all you get is a crushed metabolism and no more fat loss.

IA

My Porsche
05-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Drop calories too low at once and all you get is a crushed metabolism and no more fat loss.

IA
Yeah I know, I didn't mention anything about dropping calories very low very quickly, or actually anything about dropping calories at all.

Going from practically everything I eat containing partially or fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, corn syrup, etc to nothing having them, it's not hard to maintain only a small caloric deficit (or none at all) and lose weight and feel immensely better. It happens every time I go home for a week or more.

iron addict
05-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah I know, I didn't mention anything about dropping calories very low very quickly, or actually anything about dropping calories at all.

Going from practically everything I eat containing partially or fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, corn syrup, etc to nothing having them, it's not hard to maintain only a small caloric deficit (or none at all) and lose weight and feel immensely better. It happens every time I go home for a week or more.

Then the statement below, was misleading:

My basic plan is to eat very little (basically vegetables only) carbohydrates after midday

My Porsche
05-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Then the statement below, was misleading:

My basic plan is to eat very little (basically vegetables only) carbohydrates after midday
Sorry about that, I should have reworded it, I meant that I will be eating very little in the way of carbs after midday, not very little food. I agree, it's poorly worded and now I understand how you could have gathered that. :tee: