PDA

View Full Version : LongJumper's Log

LongJumper
12-29-2009, 01:33 AM
I've decided to start a log here seeing as these forums are very high quality. My routine at the moment is a unique design that's been working for me. It an upper/lower split that looks like this.
Monday: Upper 1
Tuesday: Lower 1
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Upper 2
Friday: Lower 2
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off
I am currently training for track and field and therefore trying to get the most power output with the least amount of mass. Here are my stats...
Weight: 140
Height: 5'6
BF%: No idea, but I'm an ecto so I'm not too worried about it.
Bench: 3x190
Squat: 3x210 (I know...)
Deadlift: 3x290 (Haven't done this lift heavy in a while, probably higher than that by now)

LongJumper
12-29-2009, 01:37 AM
MONDAY UPPER 1

Bench
Barx10
100x5
130x3
160x1
190x3 (pretty easy)

Chin Ups
42.5x4
42.5x4
42.5x4 (way too easy but I'm gunna add to these slowly because I stall on chin ups very quickly)

Close Grip
150x6
150x6
150x6

My favorite way to warm up for a heavy set of 3 is 5/3/1/(3), gets me set for the heavy weight without tiring me out.

LongJumper
12-29-2009, 02:19 PM
TUESDAY LOWER 1

Deadlift

8x135
8x185
8x185
8x185 (pretty easy, I'm gunna up this one by 5 or 10 for next week)

Stepups

5x90
5x90
5x90 (felt good, gunna up these aswell)

Crunches

8x50
8x50
8x50

Good day as a whole but using a loaded bar for crunches can be a pain in the ass, when I have to place it on my chest it's very awkward, I tried using weight plates but they just get in the way. Oh well I'm done bitching.

ehopkins932
12-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Nick, for your crunches try holding a weight plate over your head. It makes the movement a lot harder so you wont have to use a bar. I used to do decline sit-ups with the plates on my stomach and then I switched to doing them on my head and I had to lower it by like 30lbs. It makes the movement more effective too in my opinion. And if your bench can go decline try and figure out a way to position yourself like that. When you try them you will know what I mean.

And those chins are ridiculous, I dont know how you do those like that lol.

LongJumper
12-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Not a bad idea for crunches Eddy, I'll give it a shot, and ya I tried doing a decline bench a few times for that but the bar gets in the way, but if I put the weight on my head that shouldn't be a problem. Btw I dread chins most days. Glad to get them out of the way. I was doing 3 sets 6 reps of 40, then decided to switch it up to 3x4 instead since i was stalling but only added a 2.5 to be safe, dumb idea but at least I'm not working at too high intensity for that lift anymore. Thanks for the advise Eddy, its always appreciated.

ehopkins932
12-30-2009, 09:02 PM
I tried doing a decline bench a few times for that but the bar gets in the way, but if I put the weight on my head that shouldn't be a problem..

I are lost.

LongJumper
12-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry, little vague there. The two posts that the bar goes on for benching get in the way of the bar I put on my chest when I do crunches on my bench, but if I put the weights on my head instead then that shouldn't be a problem. Therefore I'll be able to do decline crunches now, because I can use my bench if I put plates on my head opposed to a bar.

THURSDAY UPPER 2

Bent Over Row

120x5
120x5
120x5 (First time I decided to deadlift weight in to position, opposed to unracking it)

Incline Bench

135x5
135x5
135x5 (Felt good but I'm not going to up it, I have no spotter and if anything happens then somethings going to get destroyed, most likely me)

Skull Crushers

70x8
70x8
70x8

Bicep Curls

75x8
75x8
75x8 (Used a bar not dumbells)

Today was a great day but I hate isolated movements, I never progress in them.

LongJumper
01-01-2010, 03:44 PM
FRIDAY LOWER 2

Squat

120x5
150x3
180x1
210x3

One Legged Calf Raises

80x5
80x5
80x5 (These are done with fairly light weight and done explosively to help improve my takeoff in the long jump)

Crunches

50x8
50x8
50x8 (Tried with lighter weight on my head but it bothered my neck)

http://msp105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/SierraMDelta/squat.jpg <----- makes me laugh and cry all at the same time

TheBrent
01-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Are you doing track workout right now as well? If so, what does an average week look like?

LongJumper
01-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Are you doing track workout right now as well? If so, what does an average week look like?

Not at the moment, My CNS wouldn't be able to handle it. But when track season begins (first Monday of march) I'm gunna cut down on the weight training for lower body and replace a lot of it with plyometrics. I do 3 sets of 3 reps for my plyometric movements and the 2 I do are both off a 15 inch box, 1 is up stairs and the other is a straight vertical jump. I also do sprints, but the most taxing thing I'll do is the actual long jump during practice.

LongJumper
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
MONDAY UPPER 1

Bench
Barx10
100x5
130x3
160x1
190x3 :sleep2:

Chin Ups
45x4
45x4
45x4 (pretty easy, should be at 50lbs by the end of my 1 month cycle)

Close Grip
150x6
150x6
150x6

Today was tremendously hard. I got 2 hours of sleep the previous night. On my heavy set of 3 for bench I was practically falling asleep. My internal clock is so messed up.

ehopkins932
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I hear ya dude...I had like no energy today even after my redbull which i need to stop drinking anyway. Fucking school sucks.

LongJumper
01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
TUESDAY LOWER 1

Deadlift

8x135
8x195
8x195
8x195 (All reps of all sets went up fast and easy but damn, I hate large amounts of deadlifts)

Step Ups

5x95
5x95
5x95

Crunches

8x55
8x55
8x55

Very good day today, got a PR for every lift, if 3x8x195 is better than 1x3x290 for deadlift. Hard to tell but I think it is since I'm not so great with higher volume.

LongJumper
01-07-2010, 05:44 PM
THURSDAY UPPER 2

Bent Over Row

5xBar
5x95
5x125
5x125
5x125 (upping this for next week)

Incline Bench

5x140
5x140
5x140 (said I wasn't going to up this from last week but cmon, who doesn't love PRs)

Skull Crushers

8x70
8x70
8x70 (should be able to up these soon)

Bicep Curls

8x75
8x75
8x75

Great work out today, went quick and easy.

ehopkins932
01-07-2010, 07:48 PM
went quick and easy

That's what she said.

Seriously good job though. Your making good progress.

LongJumper
01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
haha hey thanks Eddy

FRIDAY LOWER 2

Squat

5x125
3x155
1x185
3x215 (PR and felt pretty good, I think the best thing for my squat is to just stop being scared of the weight on my back)

Crunches

8x55
8x55
8x55

I didn't do one legged calf raises today because my right knee has been bothering me and I feel that that exercise is the cause of it.

ehopkins932
01-08-2010, 10:53 PM
How long does that take you nick? That would take me under 20-25 minutes.

Nick you might want to start incorporating more volume i.e. slowly increasing your work capacity. That fact that you are going 4 days a week shows that you have limited yourself to very low volume. If that works, good for you, but eventually assistance exercises are going to be needed to access weakness and help your lifts go up faster. Doing 3 days a week would allow you to do this more effectively; you could do 4 but thats depends on how much you increase volume/intensity by, how well you regulate it, and how well you handle the increases volume/intensity. Even if you look at like really low westside volume routine they are doing more on their ME days then just the main movement + ab work. Thats what they might do on a deload (assuming the main movement was not to a true max).

I don't know if you have read anything about westside, but a lot of those guys to extra workouts to increase their work capacity. Im not necessarily suggesting that, but Im just pointing out that increased work capacity is a good thing for both size/strength. I know you want to stay light, but 10lbs of muscle in only going to help you. Plus, eventually you might want to be bigger and might realize you were spinning your wheels trying to stay at 140. Just some food for thought since Im bored.

Also, if you do calf raises with the toes elevated on something it allows for a deeper stretch. Not sure if you do but just some advice.

You could check out some of the westside articles on westside-barbell.com or elitefts.com. A lot of it is complicated and you have to take out the useful information yourself. If you do read Louie's stuff, remember that he trains elite lifters. There is a westside section of this site under powerlifting section that has a bunch of info.

I don't think something like 2-3 sets of 5-8 of front squats after regular squats will kill you or 2-3 sets of GMs or rdls or stiffs after deads. If your not gaining, you might be the only teenager in the world doing to little work.

Ill call you tomorrow to come over and we can talk about this. Im just rambling here.

Another thing...I know you have had to drastically cut your volume in the past to make gains. It could be the 4 days week thing. Obviously if you are pushing hard more of the time you can do less work than if you were pushing hard less of the time. Look at Matt Kroc's log on elite....when training for only powerlifting (he is training for a BBer show now) he would train 5-6 days a week doing pretty much 1-3 movements, like you do, still, he used more exercises. But that was because he was lifting 5-6 days a week and could not do the accessory work of someone on a westside routine.

Ive lost my main idea so Im just going to stop. I need to relax, eat some protein, and play COD. I just saw daybreakers and my mind is a little on edge.

LongJumper
01-09-2010, 10:24 PM
It takes about 30 minutes, and ya that definetly wasn't enough. It just worked out that way though because my knees, otherwise I'll do 3 exersices per day. I think I'm gunna make Friday's workout squats, 1 legged squats and crunches to make up for calve raises. But are you also saying 3 exercises per day may not be enough?

Also going to your other points I took your advise and did stop trying to stay at 140, and luckily I've been getting great gains from it and I only gained about a pound or two. Also I did calf raises on I think a 2 inch block but one legged ones are causing my knees problems. So like I said above I'll probably replace them with 1 legged squats so I'm doing more than just squat and crunches that day.

I'll check out the logs and sites you suggested. Thanks again for the advise Eddy.

ehopkins932
01-11-2010, 02:42 PM
1-legged squats hurt my knees like no other. I can front squat and ATG olympic squat but those actually made it feel like my knee joint was grinding. If I did them again I would elevate my front foot so I could get deeper. That would probably help. Just my 2 cents.

LongJumper
01-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Eddy did you do the 1 legged squats with your hind leg propped up on something like a box behind you.

MONDAY UPPER 1

Bench

10xBar
5x100
3x130
1x160
3x190 (Felt pretty hard, gunna change my form to my old way with less of a back arch)

Chin Ups

4x47.5
4x47.5
4x47.5

Close Grip Bench

6x155
6x155
6x155

Tough day as a whole.

ehopkins932
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Yes I did. But Im saying the front should be propped up do allow for more ROM. I think this would have lessened knee pains. Try them and see...Ive heard of people doing them after surgeries/rehab so they cant be too tough. I didnt do them for very long obviously so I cant say them helped or not...they burned like hell in my quads though. Not sure what kind of carry over to your squat you will experience. Your probably better off doing good mornings anyway.

And about your form, it might just take some getting used to. You have to have sure you are stable, your WHOLE body is tight (should be trying to drive your heels into the ground even if you are on you toes and it is not physically possible...the thought should be there), squeezing glutes/hams, spreading hips, and holding breath. You shouldnt have to breathe if you are doing singles-triples the whole time. Try to focus on one thing each time. But trust me, if you do everything about you will have a higher bench.

Here is another good article on bench shit: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/great_bench_press.htm

Another thing is too make sure you are setting up on your traps....you might not get what I mean but when you do it you will feel it. Ill show you again this friday or saturday what I mean.

LongJumper
01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Oh I see what your saying with 1 legged squats, I'll do that when I try them for the first time Friday. Also thanks for the link, I see some things I can work on, main thing being that I'm never tight at all when I bench. And I haven't been using any leg drive. My bench hasn't budged this entire lifting cycle. Hopefully things will change next Monday.

ehopkins932
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I can help you lay out your next few weeks training on friday or saturday if you want. We can do a westside-ish thing or 5/3/1. Either should work.

And yea, staying tight on the bench with shoulder blades tucked is huge. Lose your tightness and form goes to shit aka your strength goes down.

vsvs
01-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Strong upper body lifts for your weight bro

LongJumper
01-12-2010, 05:34 PM
And yea, staying tight on the bench with shoulder blades tucked is huge. Lose your tightness and form goes to shit aka your strength goes down.

Yea my problem with staying tight is that all my concentration is on the weight rather than staying tight.

Strong upper body lifts for your weight bro

Hey thanks vsvs, now I just gotta get my lower body lifts up to match the upper body ones.

TUESDAY LOWER 1

Deadlift

8x135
5x165
8x205
8x205
8x205 (God damn 24 reps of deadlift is just as aerobic as anaerobic for me, I was panting like a motherfucker)

Step Ups

5x97.5
5x97.5
5x97.5 (pretty easy)

Crunches

8x55
8x55
8x55

Tough day...

ehopkins932
01-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Good job on the deads. Higher reps gets easier; since Ive done the 5/3/1 doing deads for 8-10 reps is getting a little better. I wish I could do more sled work to help conditioning but I fucking hate the cold (due to african ancestry) and it makes me sick.

Also I was thinking about something....the reason you might only be able to do a small movement like step-ups or calf raises after your main movement is because you are four days a week. I was reading a post by IA that explained work capacity well. The thread is here: http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24931 Just some fried chicken for thought.

LongJumper
01-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Haha African decent and Northern climates do not go hand and hand, the cold makes me sick too. Also in the post (I can be stupid at times and it's very possible I misread) but he said that he's tried putting hardgainers on 4 day weeks but sometimes it didn't work due to CNS or intensity level used. But it's been working very well for me, I may only be able to do 6 lower body exercises a week with it but wouldn't it come out to about the same on a 3 day a week? If I do 1.5 lower body days a week with say 4 lower body exercises that still averages 6 lower body exercises a week.

ehopkins932
01-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Yea that is what I was thinking. And you are clearly not a hardgainer so dont compare yourself to that. My thinking was that if you are lifting 4 times a week you will HAVE to do less work per session. People usually do 3 days a week and build up work capacity enough to do 4 days (with same volume and intensity each workout as with a 3 day routine) a week over months/years. That is what I am trying to do with my sled...but jersey weather sucks ass. Get my point?

It what you are doing is working that is fine and you shouldnt...I just think is kind of backwards. No doubt that it could work though, you just have to lower the volume/intensity per day, as you have done.

LongJumper
01-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Ok I see what your saying. I think I'll do fine on either a 3 or 4 day cycle so I'll complete this cycle then another 1 and then I'll give a 3 day 1 a shot. I'll let you know when I'm at that point so you can help me design a 3 day one. Thanks for the advise Eddy. And if that 3 day cycle works better than I'll switch over.

ehopkins932
01-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Thats a good idea. I would definately recommend 3 day if you try the 5/3/1...you need to know how to set up the accessories so you dont overtrain. Im going to try and build my work capacity with the sled from Feb-Mar (whenever it gets above 50ish) to the end of summer and then switch to a 4-day in college or at the end of summer depending on meet dates.

LongJumper
01-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Good luck with the sled Eddy, sounds like some tough shit. I've never tried it before.

THURSDAY UPPER 2

Bent Over Rows

10xBar
6x95
5x130
5x130
5x130

Incline Bench

5x140
5x140
5x140 (Gotta start getting some warm up sets in after bent over rows, this bothered my shoulders for the first set)

Skull Crushers

8x70
8x70

Bicep Curls

8x75
8x75 (On my last few reps of my last set I'd feel a short twitch in the back of my neck on the negative portion of my curls, it almost felt like I was getting shocked, does anyone know what this is?)

Decent workout as a whole. Hopefully my skull crushers will start moving up again.

DOA
01-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I like your split, sorta lika a westside-esque feel to it but instead of training the lifts you are training the muscles. Do you have one heavy day and one light day?

ehopkins932
01-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Nice job nick. And yea doing warm-up sets will help your shoulders lol. Those YTWL I told you about work great, do them before squatting too. Enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZf4ZzHT-w&feature=player_embedded

Its hilarious. The board in the shirt thing was when a guy but a board or knee wraps or some shit under his shirt. The judges didnt catch it somehow at the meet but it was painfully obvious and video and a bunch of people's tampons caught on fire when they saw it.

LongJumper
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I like your split, sorta lika a westside-esque feel to it but instead of training the lifts you are training the muscles. Do you have one heavy day and one light day?

I have all days heavy. I used to do all leg days heavy with Monday being heavy upper body and Thursday being light upper body but that's fading away. As you can tell by my name I compete in the long jump, where I'm doing 9 strides followed by a jump so I really don't need to work in a rep range above 8 reps. Now I really just train for strength and power.

@ehopkins: haha that was fucking hilarious. The boards in the shirt was my favorite part. I can't believe someone actually pulled that one off.

LongJumper
01-15-2010, 05:18 PM
FRIDAY LOWER 2

Squat

5x135
3x160
1x190
3x220 (PR, very happy about that. My friend suggested I do it without shoes on so I tried it and really liked squatting like that)

One Legged Squats

8x20
8x20
8x20 (Very easy, luckily my knees were OK from these but they made me realize how bad my balance is)

Crunches

8x55
8x55
8x55

Great workout today and finally the weathers getting nicer.

ehopkins932
01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Nice job on the squats. What shoes were you using before? Id they dont have a flat sole or an elevated sole made for squatting like olympic lifting shoes then it might have made it more awkward. Chuck Taylors (the old converse) are great for squatting since they have a flat sole and allow for full ankle movement. They are only like 30-40 bucks and will last forever and ever.

LongJumper
01-16-2010, 12:20 AM
I've been using new balance, definatly not good squatting shoes. Eddy I got a squatting question for you btw, my elbow always hurts hours after squatting. What is that and can I change my form to easy up on it, currently I'm using a wide grip.

ehopkins932
01-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Widening your grip and trying to wear elbow sleeves. Warm up your elbows first (some type of light tricep movement...most people do some sort of pushdown but I know thats not an option for you).

I remember watching something from dave tate, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8VXVPdaHZk&feature=player_embedded

Also, I know you use a high bar position which means you can probably get your elbows under the bar a lot (and you should be). When I tried to do high bar squats with my hands in a lot and elbows under a lot it hurt my elbows too. Low bar doesnt not both me. So either move the grip out or see how low bar feels. Low bar will allow you to handle more weight and build you hips/posterior chain more anyway.

LongJumper
01-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks a ton for the info Eddy, and ya I've been slowly working the bar position lower and lower.

LongJumper
01-17-2010, 01:31 PM
SUNDAY 1/17/10

Thought I'd start tracking my vertical jump monthly

standing ~ 29 inches
run up ~ 30.5 inches

LongJumper
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
MONDAY UPPER 1

Bench Press

10xBar
5x100
3x130
1x160
2x195 (missed the third rep)

Chin Ups

4xBW+50
4xBW+50
4xBW+50 (Finally hit 50)

Close Grip Bench

6x155
6x155
6x155

Last week of working out before deload and I change up my routine.

ehopkins932
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Nick, how often do you switch working up to a max triple? How many weeks do you go before a deload? Nice job on the chins

LongJumper
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks Eddy, I've been doing bench with a max triple for about 2 months, and I deload every 4 weeks now.

ehopkins932
01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
thats why bro....your approaching the low intermediate stage (like where I am). Your not the much behind me, and if I was to do westside again id switch the ME exercise every 2 weeks (basically id work up to a triple twice and then switch the movement and then deload). You might be able to go a little longer still, but doing the same thing exact thing for 8 weeks like that is going to run out eventually.

On a side note, deloading every 4-5 weeks is good. I go 5 weeks and feel beat up usually at the end. You want to push yourself to ALMOSt overtraining but not quite.

LongJumper
01-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the advise Eddy, I'm gonna play around with sets and reps a lot for my next cycle and may swap some exercises in and some out. I'll probably make change it to 3 sets of 5 for bench or maybe even 8 reps.

ehopkins932
01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Working up to a max single or 5 rep max could work. You could try switching to close grip for a max triple then do reps with regular flat bench. Or you can do floor press, 2 boards, etc. Look up westside stuff bro, you'll see what I mean.

LongJumper
01-19-2010, 05:16 PM
TUESDAY LOWER 1

Deadlift

8x135
5x175
8x215
8x215
8x215

Step Ups

5x102.5
5x102.5
5x102.5

Crunches

8x60
8x60
8x60

PR on all lifts. Today was tiring as hell though.

dballer
01-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Keep up the hard work bro!

LongJumper
01-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Keep up the hard work bro!

Thanks for the support bro :)

THURSDAY UPPER 2

Bent Over Row

8xBar
5x95
5x135
5x135
5x135

Incline Bench

5x95
5x140
5x140
5x140

Skull Crushers

8x75
8x75
8x75

Bicep Curls

8x75
8x75
8x75

ehopkins932
01-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Nice job on the rows. Are you trying to add 5lbs a week to incline? How are you progressing on them? And if the incline are bothering your shoulders you should warm-up more. Going from 95 to 140 is a big jump. I would do the barx12 (even guys pressing 500lbs start with the bar), 80x8, 110x5, then your work sets. The YWTLs before like I showed you pretty much solve all my shoulder problems.

LongJumper
01-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Nice job on the rows. Are you trying to add 5lbs a week to incline? How are you progressing on them? And if the incline are bothering your shoulders you should warm-up more. Going from 95 to 140 is a big jump. I would do the barx12 (even guys pressing 500lbs start with the bar), 80x8, 110x5, then your work sets. The YWTLs before like I showed you pretty much solve all my shoulder problems.

Actually I've been adding 5lbs a week to rows. I gained 5lbs on my incline bench but that was over this entire cycle. Also good call on warming up more. Especially considering that a pulling exercise like rows won't really get me ready at all for incline. As for the YWTL's I always forget to do those, at least of been doing that broom stick exercise. I'll also probably start doing lateral raises in my next cycle because I've never really trained my lateral delts so maybe that'll help some.

ehopkins932
01-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Lateral fubar'ed my shoulders but give them a try. Stick to higher reps and see how they feel; focus on the movement not the weight. I would do them leaning if I did them again, hard to explain how to do just youtube it. You really dont need to be doing laterals anyway.

LongJumper
01-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Skipped today's squat day, my lower back wasn't feeling it, anyway here's my progress from this cycle's start to end.

Bench Press 1x3 +0
Chin Ups 3x4 +7.5
Close Grip Bench 3x6 +5
Deadlift 3x8 +30
Step Ups 3x5 +12.5
Crunches 3x8 +10
Bent Over Rows 3x5 +15
Incline Bench 3x5 +5
Skull Crushers 3x8 +5
Bicep Curls 3x8 +0
Squat 1x3 +10

ehopkins932
01-22-2010, 06:55 PM
How many weeks was that nick? The DLs went up a lot

LongJumper
01-22-2010, 07:24 PM
that was 4 weeks

ehopkins932
01-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Not bad at all. You know what you are doing next?

LongJumper
01-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Monday

Bench 3x8 (rep range change)
Chin Ups 3x4
Close Grip 2x5 (rep range change)

Tuesday

Deadlift 2x5 (rep range change)
Step Ups 3x5
Sit Ups 3x8 (changing from crunches)

Thursday

Bent Over 3x5
Incline 3x8 (rep range change)
Skull Crushers 2x8
Bicep Curls 2x8

Friday

Squat 1x3
One-Legged Squats 3x8
Sit Ups 3x8 (changing from crunches)

ehopkins932
01-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Why dont you just do a westside routine with the ME days rotating exercises and using their assistance set-up (which is very similar to what you have) and then do RE days? It might make things easier and keep you progressing in weight quicker.

LongJumper
01-23-2010, 01:14 AM
What exactly are max effort days, and RE days?

ehopkins932
01-23-2010, 12:08 PM
It would be better for you to read about it one westside-barbell.com then me explaining it.

LongJumper
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
TUESDAY LOWER 1

Deadlift

8x135
5x185
5x235
5x235 (went easy on these cause my back)

Step Ups

5x105
5x105
5x105 (don't know why I progress on these faster than squat but whatever)

Sit Ups

8x20
8x20
8x20 (very easy, I was previously doing crunches so I didn't know how they would translate to sit ups)

The left side of my lower back felt weird after working out so I tried doing some deep tissue message work with a soft ball. It hurts but isn't so bad once I'm done.

ehopkins932
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Good job. Bitch.

This is you.

http://www.made-in-england.org/images/ronald-bitch-slaps.jpg

Just kidding feel better.

LongJumper
02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
hahaha! That just made my day.

ehopkins932
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
This made mine

http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media/712/Neo25WP2006_Lucy_Pinder.jpg

Good pec development

DOA
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
OMG Best post ever

LongJumper
02-03-2010, 08:56 PM
haha indeed. And yes that is some quite fine pec development if I do say so myself.

LongJumper
02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
THURSDAY UPPER 2

Bent Over Rows

10x45
6x95
3x115
5x140
5x140
5x140 PR

Incline Bench

10x45
6x85
8x120
8x120
8x120 REP PR

Skull Crushers

8x75
8x75 (hard as fuck, should have done a deload instead of taking a week off, oh well)

Bicep Curls

8x75
8x75

Good day overall.

ehopkins932
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Nice job.

Im trying to come up with something witty but Im shot.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/sophie-howard-air-stewardess.jpg

Oh I got it. Id give snakes on a plane a new meaning with this one.

On a side note, my goal in posting these pictures is not to entertain you. Its to get people to jerk off to your log. Enjoy.

DOA
02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
on a side note, my goal in posting these pictures is not to entertain you. Its to get people to jerk off to your log. Enjoy.

hahahahaha

LongJumper
02-04-2010, 05:59 PM
On a side note, my goal in posting these pictures is not to entertain you. Its to get people to jerk off to your log. Enjoy.

hahaha! My log has lost all of it's innocence.

LongJumper
02-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh and by the way I can no longer look at my log while my parents are in the room, so thanks for that. lol

ehopkins932
02-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Mission accomplished. Its only going to get worse. I cant go farther than soft porn so at least you know where the line ends.

ehopkins932
02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I cant send you PMs because you turned this off. I know you wont check your email so here:

Tits or Ass?

Ass all the way. Ill make that known in your log later. Anyway.

You might have just had a bad day but I think you will do better with better programming ie westside or 5/3/1. Since you only have like a month until track, westside will give you the more instant gains, where as if you had more time, the 5/3/1 would probably be a better option. Joe DeFranco has said the same thing and obviously it makes a lot of sense.

Get that squat box issue settled first off. Thats important. Move your squat position to low bar. Ill show you how to box squat and low bar squat this weekend. Jhop.

Set it up 3 days a week and move the other to a 4th. Dont do it 4 days a week. Read what IA says about westside in the westside section and even he says do it 3 days a week first and 4 when you are advanced. Now...

ME Squat
Do lift for 2 weeks, working up to a heavy single, then switch it for the other movement. The first week do something that you are confident you can hit and go up 5-10lbs next time. Deadlift for the first 2 weeks and squat the next 2.

Deadlift/Squat working up to a single
Romanian Deads 2x6
Step-ups 2x10
Heavy Ab work 3x10-12

ME Bench
Work up to a single like with other day.

Flat Bench/CG Bench working up to a single
Wide-grip bench (move your hands out 2-3 finger lengths) 2x6
Tricep Extension (if you have been doing them on a flat bench for a while try on a decline and see if that keeps progress going) 3x8-10
Barbell Row or Inverted Row 4x7-8

DE Squat
Box Squat 8 sets of 2 w/ 45 second rest (50%-55%-60%)
Good Mornings (use your squat stance) 3x8
Heavy Abs 3x10-12

RE Upper
Either Dips or Incline or Floor Press for 4x10 (Incline and Floor Press will have a better carry over to bench most likely)
Pull-ups 4x8-10

That should work. Side note - I dont use a belt for my accessory lower movement (which for me is deep high bar squats, GMs, and deficit deads). I think its made my core stronger and my obliques has gotten bigger from it. I wouldnt use a belt for anything for 5 reps and even then I probably wouldnt. Just my opinion.

As far as deloads go, I would just work up to you track season and take a few days off before your season start so you are fresh OR just like 2 days a week for the 2 weeks leading up to the start of the season. Depends how beat up you are feeling. During your season you can continue this but the ME work may get to you. Id do the 5/3/1 2 days a week and dont kill yourself on the accessory. I wrecked my bball season doing too much last year so dont make the same mistake.

LongJumper
02-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Agreed, ass all the way, but about the routine, looks good, I just want to edit some of the rep and set ranges. Next time we hang lets work through this together, It'll be much easier and more efficient in person. Thanks a lot for this post Eddy. And like I said, I'll be free Sunday if you are.

ehopkins932
02-06-2010, 06:14 PM
sounds good. I wouldnt mess with it too much...see how it works first. That ME work is a lot more taxing than you think. And the DE days are not supposed to kill you.

LongJumper
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
MONDAY UPPER 1

Close Grip Bench

10xBar
5x95
4x115
2x145
3x175 (felt good, gonna up these for next week)

Chin Ups

6xBW
4xBW+55
4xBW+55
4xBW+55

Bench Press

8x145
8x145
8x145

Very good day today. Regular bench felt very awkward though after doing heavy sets of close grip. Warm up before heavy chins also helped a lot.

ehopkins932
02-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Nice job. Ass
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nMo/R-aDwSn53BI/AAAAAAAACa0/lWbuI1oNZHs/s1600/BriannaFrost3.jpg

DOA
02-09-2010, 02:44 PM
^ Keyra Augustina?

ehopkins932
02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Brianna Frost. Nick Im getting you show many subscribers to this thread you should pay me or get your sister to blow me.

DOA
02-09-2010, 03:01 PM
OMG that sister thing might be a bit to much though lol

LongJumper
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I'll pay you one lump sum at the end of every month

LongJumper
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
TUESDAY LOWER 1

Deadlift

8x135
5x185
3x215
5x245
5x245

Step Ups

5x110
5x110
5x110

Sit Ups

8x35
8x35
8x35

ehopkins932
02-09-2010, 08:06 PM
That payment method is acceptable.

We should plan a day to lift together this week when we are off. This Friday is my last day of squatting this cycle, the rest of the week is deload but it will still be good. Mon = Military, Wed = Dead, Friday = Bench. Starting from 10-12 in the morning could work.

LongJumper
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Decided not to workout today, too much snow shoveling.

ehopkins932
02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Strong Jhop move :stickyman:

LongJumper
02-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Strong Jhop move :stickyman:

hahaha!

LongJumper
02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
FRIDAY LOWER 2

Dynamic Squat

135x2x8

One Legged Squats

35x8
35x8
35x8 (my balance sucks)

Sit Ups

40x8
40x8
40x8

ehopkins932
02-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I dont have much to say.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/Dustinsane/Tits.jpg

Yes they are.

LongJumper
02-15-2010, 02:27 PM
MONDAY UPPER 1

Close Grip Bench Press

10xBar
5x90
3x120
1x150
3x180

Chin Ups

6xBW
4xBW+57.5
4xBW+57.5
4xBW+57.5 (had to struggle for last rep)

Bench Press

8x145
8x145
8x145

ehopkins932
02-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Close grips are coming along. How close are your hands?

http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/Misa_Campo_Misa_Campo_4768198eeb493.jpg

This is by far one of my favorite girls. Id let Mike Tyson drop me do her.

LongJumper
02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Index and middle finger on smooth part of bar.

LongJumper
02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
TUESDAY LOWER 1

Deadlift

8x135
5x185
3x225
5x250
5x250

Step Ups

5x115
5x115
5x115

Sit Ups

8x40
8x40
8x40

ehopkins932
02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Good deads.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XcBPo8U0GEk/RnCPfsjWbiI/AAAAAAAAAsM/onv-eb4IvwY/s400/brooke5.jpg

Good ass.

LongJumper
02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
THURSDAY UPPER 2

Bent Over Rows

8xBar
5x95
3x115
5x145
5x145
5x145

Incline Bench

10xBar
5x95
8x120
8x120
8x120

Bicep Curls

8x80
8x80

LongJumper
02-20-2010, 03:48 PM
SATURDAY LOWER 2 (should have been Friday, but I was too busy)

Dynamic Squats

135x2x8

One Legged Squats

8x45
8x45
8x45

Sit Ups

8x45
8x45
8x45

ehopkins932
02-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Ive given my opinion on your situation map boy.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj251/hot_supermodel/Asian%20Model/MisaCampo4.jpg

So you only get side boob.

LongJumper
02-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Ive given my opinion on your situation map boy.

HAHAHA, that just made my day!

LongJumper
02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
MONDAY UPPER 1

Close Grip Bench

10xBar
5x90
3x120
1x150
3x185

Chin Ups

6xBW
4xBW+60
4xBW+60
4xBW+60

Bench Press

8x145
8x145
8x145 (felt much easier than last week)

Great day as a whole, and my last upper body 1 day before deload.

LongJumper
02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
TUESDAY UPPER 2

Deadlift

8x135
5x175
3x205
3x235
5x260
5x260

Step Ups

5x115
5x115
5x115

Sit Ups

8x45
8x45
8x45

I'm going to start working on grip strength more so I don't have to use mixed grip while deadlifting. I feel like my underhand arm gets in the way of my leg next to it. My chins could also use some improved grip.

ehopkins932
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Id take the middle.

http://www.surfersvillage.com/img/reef/miss-reef-contest-babe-2.jpg

LongJumper
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Congrats on being the 100th poster but these are getting pretty old now...

DOA
02-23-2010, 06:46 PM
^^^^^ i gotta agree the first ones were hilarious now its just blah, but the sister jokes were classic

ehopkins932
02-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Challenge accepted.

LongJumper
02-25-2010, 01:21 PM
THURSDAY UPPER 2

Bent Over Rows

10xBar
5x95
3x120
5x150
5x150
5x150

Incline Bench

10xBar
5x95
8x125
8x125
8x125

Bicep Curls

8x80
8x80

God damn I have a lot of lactic acid buildup after this workout.

ehopkins932
02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
I have a lot of latic acid build up in my hips after smashing your sister.

Im back son what up

LongJumper
02-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Challenge accepted.

Not funny. Challenge lost. Stop trolling my log. kthxbai