PDA

View Full Version : Getting Huge, The Basic Way.

Johnbodybuilder
04-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Welcome to my log

Okay well i fcked up big time, i've failed with too many hypertrophy routines, So im putting a stop to it, and i'm going to focus on something really simple, and add weight to the bar. I'm currently cutting, but i'm sure ill add some weight to the bar while doing so, espicially if i can ingest 400g + protein.Anyway i'll do simple power based routine below.
Here's my most recent stats
Weight : 220
Height: 6"5
Squat : 180 x 12 (was really out of breath maybe could've got more if i'm fitter)
Db Bench : 60 x 9 (havent benched in a while, and this was with no spotter by the way)
Deadlift: 375
Row : 135 x 7

Gonna stick to the routine , going to add a deload every 4/5th week.
Hopefully i'll be putting up some decent numbers soon then.
Feel free to add some advice in here, i'd be happy to take some experienced opinions.

Johnbodybuilder
04-29-2009, 11:31 AM
http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8050

Johnbodybuilder
05-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Done 4 hours off road cycling yesterday. Had a shit diet becuase i never had time to eat. Still got 1g/ lb i recon though.

Hartley
05-01-2009, 11:04 AM
You aren't going to accumulate much mass eating 1g/lb of protein.
At 220 and 6'5...15 years old, you probably need a shit ton of calories lol.

F-Mac
05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
John, i'm going to give you a bit of feedback.

Based on your photo, and your stats, and your goals............I can't figure out why you are "cutting". You are young, relatively lean, and wanting to get stronger. That doesn't jive well with reducing calories.

Not saying it's impossible..........just far from optimal

Johnbodybuilder
05-01-2009, 11:25 AM
John, i'm going to give you a bit of feedback.

Based on your photo, and your stats, and your goals............I can't figure out why you are "cutting". You are young, relatively lean, and wanting to get stronger. That doesn't jive well with reducing calories.

Not saying it's impossible..........just far from optimal

I'm pretty fat, i done a fail bulk. Ive got somewhat manboobs and a shit load of stretch marks and a fat belly. The photo is old, i'm bigger now and fatter. still feel the same way?

Double3
05-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty fat, i done a fail bulk. Ive got somewhat manboobs and a shit load of stretch marks and a fat belly. The photo is old, i'm bigger now and fatter. still feel the same way?

You are not a Hardgainer.

Johnbodybuilder
05-01-2009, 11:27 AM
You aren't going to accumulate much mass eating 1g/lb of protein.
At 220 and 6'5...15 years old, you probably need a shit ton of calories lol.

I never usually eat that little, but i was busy all that day and couldn't eat, won't make it a habbit though

Johnbodybuilder
05-01-2009, 11:28 AM
You are not a Hardgainer.

Please explain why you feel this. why would a slower metabolism change anything?

president_fad
05-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Please explain why you feel this. why would a slower metabolism change anything?

Because a hardgainer has trouble putting on muscle or fat because their metabolisms are so fast.

Johnbodybuilder
05-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Because a hardgainer has trouble putting on muscle or fat because their metabolisms are so fast.

I've always had a slower metabolism than other ectomorphs but never put muscle on any easier than them, hold on let me find the photo 6 months into lifting.

EDIT : here

slyfox115
05-01-2009, 11:49 AM
....and its rare to actually see a TRUE hardgainer. Its usually their diet or training that is causing their success to be minimal.

Hartley
05-01-2009, 12:07 PM
John have you thought about signing up with IA?

The reason I say this is because like slyfox has said...you probably aren't a hardgainer. I would laugh when in a few months you post pics and find out you have a lot of easy growth ahead to get at 6'5.

Jaredmh16
05-01-2009, 12:17 PM
John, it's vary common to see people justifying their shortcomings with a disability or genetic disadvantage. You can't be a "hardgainer" if your metabolism is slow enough for you to gain weight.

Most likely, you just have a poor diet, routine, or sleeping patterns which are preventing you for gaining muscle mass. Actual hardgainers are actually very rare.

Johnbodybuilder
05-02-2009, 06:27 AM
John, it's vary common to see people justifying their shortcomings with a disability or genetic disadvantage. You can't be a "hardgainer" if your metabolism is slow enough for you to gain weight.

Most likely, you just have a poor diet, routine, or sleeping patterns which are preventing you for gaining muscle mass. Actual hardgainers are actually very rare.

Okay everybody, i need to start training properly now , i should see some good gains. And to the senior member, yes i'll sign up with IA at the beggining of november (my birthday), thats if he wants to.

Johnbodybuilder
05-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Can't wait to go back to war with the weights tommorow, though i'm not using SPBR until next week becuase this week i can only train monday and wednesday because of my holiday.So i'm gonna go with hardgainer split this week. Went to body power today it was quite good.

Johnbodybuilder
05-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Just some quick goals.

Squat : 3 plates
Bench : 2 plates
Deadlift : 4 plates
Row : 2 plates
Dips : Bw x 20

This + 2g/lb should = MASS

Hopefully.....

A good 6 months and i should have this all in the bag.

Johnbodybuilder
05-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Sup , i'm so fcken motivated right now, gonna go do a workout soon and have a shit load of pre workout chicken...

Johnbodybuilder
05-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Good workout

Bench Press: 143 x 5 ( easy could have got 7 or even 8)
148 x 3 (could have got 5)
143 x 4 ( 1 rep short of failure)

Incline Fly : 25 x 12 (easy as shite)
35 x 10 (2 reps short of failure)

Military Press (Standing with no knee bending or lower body momentum)
88 x 6 (2 rep short of failure)
88 x 6 (1 rep short)

Tricep Pushdown: 6 Pins down x 6 (awkward rope)
6 pins x 12 ( 2 reps short of failure)
7 pins x 10 (1 rep short)

Heavy Abs: 22 plate x 15
33 x 12
33 x 10 (none to failure)

Notes: Good workout, never really broke a sweat, gonna post diet later i'm positive i've hit 2g / lb today after the 250g of chicken breast i ate earlier and just now. Next week i'll go for 3 sets of 148 x 5 on bench. Can't wait to squat and deadlift on wednesday.
Any advice/feedback here is welcome and will be appreciated

Johnbodybuilder
05-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Todays diet

Jaredmh16
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Todays diet

I don't know what kind of diet you're currently on, but unless you're doing keto:

*Calories are way to low for a 220lb teenage on a workout day
*Carbs are low, Fats are low, most of your protein is from whey

Billsterl
05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Todays diet

216 grams of protein from whey? is that a typo?

Johnbodybuilder
05-12-2009, 08:50 AM
I don't know what kind of diet you're currently on, but unless you're doing keto:

*Calories are way to low for a 220lb teenage on a workout day
*Carbs are low, Fats are low, most of your protein is from whey
Timed carb diet, 1 carb meal post workout and a sugary carb immedietly post workout, carbs should be fine as they are. the main focus is on dropping bodyfat while gaining strength. If someone wants to help me then fine, but i've read lots and this diet seems the best option.
216 grams of protein from whey? is that a typo?
Yes thats right, let me lay it out why

Meal 1 : this is whey becuase it is first thing in the morning and my appetite is dead, i cannot eat a single thing.

Meal 2 : this is whey becuase i am at school and there are no breaks i work right through till 2pm and it is not a mainstream school so thats just how it works.

Meal 5: I have to have whey for this meal becuase i'm about 60 minutes away from home and this is all i can get post workout

Last meal: i had a scoop of whey here becuase my appetite was half dead so all i could stomach was a tin of tuna and that wasn't enough.

Jaredmh16
05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Timed carb diet, 1 carb meal post workout and a sugary carb immedietly post workout, carbs should be fine as they are. the main focus is on dropping bodyfat while gaining strength. If someone wants to help me then fine, but i've read lots and this diet seems the best option.

Edit: Thought you said carb cycling.. In which case, your fats could be a little bit higher for your daily macros (ie 50-60%)

Don't have an apatite in the morning? Do what Rockey does, and drink raw eggs..
and some whole milk

Edit: scratch that and just have the eggs an maybe some cheese

If the situation is how you say it is, and you have ABSOLUTELY no time (not even 10min) to eat a packed lunch. Then I would suggest you switch from Whey to a blend like Whey/Egg protein or Casein protein.

Johnbodybuilder
05-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Todays diet was not perfect should have added an extra meal in.

Total

2,527 Cals

144.2 Fats

18.8 Carbs

314.9 Protein

Johnbodybuilder
05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Just got back from holiday, i went for 4 days, diet was same as an average person, starting from tommorow ill be back on my timed carb diet and eating a shit load of protein.
As for training ill probably start SPBR tommorow.

Johnbodybuilder
05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Todays first SPBR workout,

Squat : 4 warm up sets
200 x 5 (easy)

Pullthrough: #10 on stack x 10
#10 x 10
#10 x 8

Barbell Row: 132 x 5
132 x 4
(right here is when i was approached by somebody and corrected my form)
88 x 10

Barbell Curl:
88 x 6
88 x 6

3 x 15 calf raises

Notes: Had 2 tins of tuna 70g protein before i left the house, was severely fatigued in the gym and nearly passed out several times. Lifts were strong but something wasnt right, no lifts were taken failure by the way.

Johnbodybuilder
05-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Macros

2,572 cals

103.3 fat

46.0 carbs

372.4 protein

Meal 1 : whey protein
Meal 2 : whey protein
Meal 3: tuna
Meal 4: tuna
Meal 5 : tuna, pork , vegetables, rice
Meal 6: chicken breast

Johnbodybuilder
05-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Weight loss is going well, i've got a top ab starting to come along and when i do side tricep or side chest i can see my delts alot better. Theres also seperation i have in my front/middle delt and that's showing up alot more, can see some upper chest strations and belly fat is on its way down and i can see slight vascularity in my wrists.