PDA

View Full Version : Wintermule's SPBR Workout Journal

Wintermule
02-25-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm from bb.com, which I know has an excellent reputation here. I'm on the simple power based routine. Today is squats.

Height: 5'9
Time Spent Lifting: 1 year (beginning of last February)
Bodyfat: 10% or below
Weight: 160-165 (161 in the morning without clothes)
Deadlift: 305 x 5
Squat: 225 x 6
Bench: 200

Strong points: Chest is my best by far (40.5 inches). Back is alright, legs are okay (22.5 and 22). Calves are decent (15").
Weak points: Definitely arms, due to lack of isolation while doing my bastardized Rippetoes. They're about 14" and 13.5". My traps are also bad, but should improve as my deadlifts and rows get higher.

As a bit of a background, I started off on Rippetoes but I was really stupid. I was the opposite of the bench n curler, disdaining them because of the superiority of squats and deadlifts. However, I didn't really follow the routine on squats because I wouldn't up the weight. My starting stats were around an 85 bench, 95 squat, and 95 deadlift. I wouldn't bench because I was embarrassed of how low it was compared to the monsters doing 95-135 pounds everyday next to me for one rep. So I would squat and deadlift, except I would do it everday.

Yeah.

That went on for about six months on a crap diet. I've been doing more of a power-oriented routine though I would consider myself a bodybuilder (I guess powerbuilder). Now I'm on this.

Goals for today:

Squat
45 x 15
135 x 8
155 x 5
185 x 3
210 x 5
210 x 5
210 x 5

Glute-Ham Raises (if my partner is there, not sure how many I can do. I did them once a long time ago and somehow injured my glutes for the next month.)

3xF

or

Good Mornings

125 x 8
125 x 8
125 x 8

(I don't see this as a substitute for glute-ham raises on the ironaddicts routine so I'm not sure if I should be doing them.

Bent Over Barbell Rows

145 x 6
145 x 6
145 x 6
145 x 6

Incline DB Curls

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

(not sure about this, I was stupid and arm-wrestled a bunch of people in a typical show of teenage machismo).

Calf Raises on hack squat machine

2 plates + 10 x 15
2 plates + 10 x 15
2 plates + 10 x 15

Should be fairly easy.

AnyOldIron
02-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't really worry about weak points or strong points right now - you should take the view at that 160lbs, your whole body is weak. this will put you in a better frame of mind as regards tracking your progression.

great choice of routine - at 16 years old you need to be eating everything in sight, ensuring protein is at least 1.5g per lb of course.

remember to stick to this program as it's laid out.

B.Money
02-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Good routine choice! How did you do arm wrestling?

Im going to follow along and see how it works out for you

Zenan
02-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey dude. I'll be watching this, as well as the one on BB.com. Good luck :)

Wintermule
02-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't really worry about weak points or strong points right now - you should take the view at that 160lbs, your whole body is weak. this will put you in a better frame of mind as regards tracking your progression.

great choice of routine - at 16 years old you need to be eating everything in sight, ensuring protein is at least 1.5g per lb of course.

remember to stick to this program as it's laid out.

I still have weak points and strong points if I'm 160 pounds or 120 pounds or 220 pounds. I'm just saying you have an idea of my body and what I hope catches up.

And I eat a good bit, I'll post my diet from now on. Sometimes it's not as good as I want it to be because I don't pack school for lunch, but calories in v. calories out I suppose.

By the way, I guess you could say I'm pretty immature. I'll post stories here all the time and everything. I just like to have fun and I don't think it really hurts anyone. People at bb.com find them amusing, maybe you guys will, whatever.

Ironaddict's Legs

Squats

45 x 10<---w/u
95 x 8<---w/u
135 x 5<---w/u
185 x 3<---w/u
215 x 5
215 x 5[+10 PR from last week]
215 x 5[+10 PR from last week]

Form was pretty bad though. All were definitely below parallel but I used my lower back more than I would like.

Good Mornings

125 x 8[+10 PR from last week]

Very easy though exhausting, will do 135 x 8 x 3 next week.

Barbell Rows

115 x 6<---w/u
155 x 6
155 x 6
155 x 6
155 x 6

God, I hate doing standing stuff after doing hamstrings. Good mornings always destroy my hamstrings so I end up almost having my legs collapse under me. Had some really good MMC on this. Surprisingly I don't feel any MMC in my hamstrings or my chest when I work out. My hamstrings are definitely worked since standing holding a barbell is so hard, so oh well.

Incline DB Curls

25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

All really easy, going up to 30 x 8 next time I do these.

Seated Calf Raises

+25 x 8<---w/u
+35 x 6<---w/u
+50 x 8 + static hold

Boris had me do this. I wish he would just let me do the ****ing routine instead of dragging me off to do other shit.

So, some interesting stuff.

Boris and I drove around today. He made me a costume out of hand towel paper from the Natatorium bathroom. Overalls and a ninja mask. We drove around with me yelling at people. I followed a mail man around then did chinups on a tree; we got a vid of that but it sucked, he ****ing stopped it. Then we got a pretty good vid of me bouncing on some people's trampoline then going down their kiddy slide and doing cartwheels and shit. I wanted him to go to Taco Bell but we couldn't find it/he's a ***got.

Some girl came up to me today and said "Don't take this like I'm hitting on you (I know she wasn't, don't think she likes me) but I heard some girl saying you have a ****ing nice body. Lift your shirt." I shrugged and did. She didn't make a comment and just walked away. Oh well. I didn't bother to ask who had made the comment.

My knuckles are ****ed up from beasting people at bloody knuckles (quarters). It's nothing compared to the pain of widowmaker squats.

I crushed a bunch of people in arm wrestling today. I arm wrestled this tennis player and I have really weak wrists and he has strong ones from tennis, eve nthough he's pretty small, and we were locked for like 5 minutes at lunch with some teachers and the group of tables around us looking on, I finally managed to beat him.

B.Money
02-25-2009, 06:05 PM
lol good PR's man.

You sound like me a couple years ago, at least the arm wrestling part. Everybody and their mother wanted to arm wrestle me in Jr. high and beginning of high school for some reason.

Wintermule
02-25-2009, 06:10 PM
If I follow my diet for the day, this is how it should look:

Total calories: 4,176 (yes hardgainer, yes will eat less if getting unnecessary fat); 173g fat; 367g carbs; 279g protein (1.75x bw)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Wintermule

Wintermule
02-25-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm not really used to doing three sets of the same weight, I used to do 5x5 ramping the weight (not the real routine, just the rep/set range). Kind of hard to get use to picking what weight to use to go one away from failure on the last set. When I say something is a PR, doesn't necessarily that it's an all-time PR, just a PR from the last week.

Friday's plan:

Bench Press
[45 x 10
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 1
150 x 1]

165 x 5 (will be PR)
165 x 5 (will be PR)
165 x 5 (will be PR)

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

50 x 8 (will be PR)
50 x 8 (will be PR)
50 x 8 (will be PR)
50 x 8 (will be PR)

Seated DB Press

45 x 8
45 x 8 (will be PR)
45 x 8 (will be PR)

Tricep Pressdowns

50 x 10
50 x 10
50 x 10 (will be PR)

ktm_Wrench
02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Good luck wintermule. Be careful with arm wrestling it can really screw up your elbow.

Billsterl
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
goodluck, did u get banned from bb.com

B.Money
02-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Good luck wintermule. Be careful with arm wrestling it can really screw up your elbow.

Just curious what gets messed up with the elbow? I have an elbow problem that I have had for as long as I can remember and I THINK arm wrestling brought it about.

Wintermule
02-25-2009, 10:27 PM
goodluck, did u get banned from bb.com

No, saving my 15k post for vids from the arnold expo because that's so important and everything.

Yup.

I'm looking at Vitamin's log, that guy is insane. Never seen someone do reps that high with that much weight, really. I'm reading that he's prone to exertion headaches like I am. They are not fun at all. Part of the reason I've stopped doing widowmakers. My legs do respond best to high reps, I was doing five rep squats for the longest period of time and made no progress, then I did widowmakers and had insane gains. I'll probably get back on them and make sure to stop when the symptoms of the exertion headache come on. I can handle a little pain, but I dislike the constant pounding pressure of a neverending headache.

AnyOldIron
02-26-2009, 02:51 AM
I still have weak points and strong points if I'm 160 pounds or 120 pounds or 220 pounds. I'm just saying you have an idea of my body and what I hope catches up.

that's just it, everything WILL 'catch up' because you're 160lbs. you won't have to specifically focus on points you perceive as weak because at your stage, adding overall bodyweight will fill everything out evenly.

add some veggies to your diet.

clickclickbooM
02-26-2009, 05:34 AM
Nice seein your log here mule!

GL with the power routine.. should work good for you

Wintermule
02-26-2009, 07:12 AM
that's just it, everything WILL 'catch up' because you're 160lbs. you won't have to specifically focus on points you perceive as weak because at your stage, adding overall bodyweight will fill everything out evenly.

add some veggies to your diet.

Okay, thanks for the help. I usually try to get in some veggies with lunch and dinner, though not today.

Wintermule
02-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Today's diet (off day):

3,418: 358g carbs; 224g protein; 124g fat

Not as much protein as I could've got, but I think it's still okay. Off day. Pretty excited for my workout tomorrow, hope it goes well. Would it be possible to do rolling with a water bottle? My legs are sore today and my legs (like most people's) are always worse the second day after?

Hartley
02-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Today's diet (off day):

3,418: 358g carbs; 224g protein; 124g fat

Not as much protein as I could've got, but I think it's still okay. Off day. Pretty excited for my workout tomorrow, hope it goes well. Would it be possible to do rolling with a water bottle? My legs are sore today and my legs (like most people's) are always worse the second day after?

Try a tennis ball. You have to do it so hard that it hurts for it to help.
Or even use one of the medicine balls at the gym against a wall or floor.

Wintermule
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Try a tennis ball. You have to do it so hard that it hurts for it to help.
Or even use one of the medicine balls at the gym against a wall or floor.

Alright. When should I do it, before the workout, in the morning?

Btw, my calories and protein were a bit higher. Prob got in about 100+ more calories and another 10-20g protein, because I was snaking on some Sludge (which is peanut butter, protein, and milk blended together and frozen into something like ice cream if you didn't know) but I wasn't sure about the macros. So around 3500 and maybe around 240g protein.

Dedicated1
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
guessing on protein = bad idea.

LiftingAddict
02-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Hey Wintermule!! Glad to see you left the godforsaken wastelands of bb.com.

You will find the light here!!! :D

Wintermule
02-27-2009, 07:07 AM
Hey Wintermule!! Glad to see you left the godforsaken wastelands of bb.com.

You will find the light here!!! :D

I still go there breh. I don't see any reason why not to, it's good fun and people are cool. I just stay in the teen misc. I don't take it seriously as a bodybuilding site and haven't for a long time.

Wintermule
02-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Ironaddicts Flat Bench/Shoulders/Tris/Abs

Flat BB Bench

LT: 165 x 5, 160 x 5, 160 x 5
TT: 165 x 5, 165 x 5, 165 x 5

I brought it to the upper abs with my elbows tucked in, seems to make a difference.

Incline DB Bench

LT: 45 x 8, 45 x 8, 45 x 8
TT: 50 x 8, 50 x 8, 50 x 8 (failure, decided not to do last set)

Also, shorter rest time inbetween sets than last time. First set was really easy.

DB Shoulder Press

I got a blood blister here when the weight slipped and fell on the ring finger of my left hand, how nice.

LT: 45 x 8, 45 x 7, 45 x 4
TT: 45 x 8, 45 x 6, 45 x 7 (failure)

Also, shorter rest time inbetween sets than last time. First set was really easy.

I will, again, stick with 45 and go for all sets. I'm going to failure too much on this routine, so I'll stick with the weights until I get them easy. I only seem to be breaking a bit below parallel with my elbows here, how low should I be going? Sometimes it's parallel, sometimes below, so it make the set easier or harder depending on how I do it.

Tricep Pressdowns

50 x 3 (then I remembered I was doing skullcrushers today and went 'oh fuck'.)

Skullcrushers

LT: N/A
TT: +20 x 10, +20 x 9.5 (no lockout)

I use the whatever it's called, the hammer curl bar. I guess I'll experiment with an ez-curl and DB. That bar feels pretty awkward.

Incline Leg Raises

LT: +10 x 10, +10 x 10, +10 x 5 followed by bodyweight x 5
TT: +10 x 11, +10 x 11, +10 x 5 + 2

I had a nice pump going on when I looked in the mirror. My traps were pumped and they really give the body a completed powerful look along with pumped delts. My traps unpumped are pretty unnoticeable, so it's always good to see how I will look when the traps come in fuller and rounder.

Anyway, I haven't posted any pics here before, so here are some of my pics:

Legs a month ago:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/legsat160.jpg

A pic from the beginning of the month, pretty bad lighting and everything, it drowns out my upper chest so my chest has a bit of weirdness going on. Whatever.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/Picture_02842.jpg

I hate working out after school because I literally leapt out of bed in the morning when my alarm clock goes off, then I go through the school day and come out of it exhausted (not because learning is hard, but because I have two study halls and various other easy classes where I nap after doing my work, and even if I don't nap, just sitting there all day makes me tired). I might try working out before school for a week or so.

Wintermule
02-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Pulled some chicks at the pool today. I don't know how many teens are on here so this might be a bit creepy to post up to a bunch of 20+ year olds, but it was cool. I probably burned like 1000 cals over the seven or so hours I was there. If you don't really care, not much point in reading this.

The pickup basically entailed me and my workout partner's brother eating at the subway at our gym while we had a third kid, who is very socially awkward but almost fearless when it comes to approach, go in there and introduce himself. When he didn't get completely blown out (since girls of a not-so-nice manner would do it) we went in (after I finished my sub) and introduced ourselves and basically were laid back compared to his ADHD personality. You would not believe how creepy he is.

We rolled to the pool, I destroyed everyone in a swimming race, managed to catch my hands on a barrier and now have about eleven or so open wounds on both hands (not from swimming, but various things) Oh, and that blood blister as well. I wouldn't make a good hand model. Eventually they have to leave and I number close them (infront of this super hot lifeguard who always checks me out).

Last time we did this it worked like a charm with four girls, all of them asked for my number, and two of them wanted to date me. So it apparently works like a charm. This should be a weekly thing going on.

Yupyup.

This is also my pickup artist training journal, it seems.

I do this all the time on bb.com, I don't know if you guys care at all.

Got a pic, but won't bother to post. Twins are like 6.5's, the friend is like a 5.

LiftingAddict
02-28-2009, 11:31 PM
lol @ pua lingo!

Great job bro on pickup. Haha I looked into that pua stuff, but frankly I feel that being fearless is the best way to get chicks.

Btw where do you live!?!?! Its like 20 degress in Chicago, so no beach or pool action : (

Wintermule
02-28-2009, 11:50 PM
lol @ pua lingo!

Great job bro on pickup. Haha I looked into that pua stuff, but frankly I feel that being fearless is the best way to get chicks.

Btw where do you live!?!?! Its like 20 degress in Chicago, so no beach or pool action : (

I didn't use PUA anything. I was fearless, just kind of laid back and occasionally talked to them. It's not really necessary at my age in a setting like a pool. Maybe at a club.

And it's an indoor pool at my gym, which also has subway, racquetball, basketballs, an auxiliary gym for a bunch of stuff, etc...

Yeah, we have a water slide.

ktm_Wrench
03-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Shit we flat bench the same and my chest doesn't look anything like that! Not fair!

Good workouts though man. Eat some more your abs shouldn't be showing that much! :)

nygiants101
03-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Shit we flat bench the same and my chest doesn't look anything like that! Not fair!

Good workouts though man. Eat some more your abs shouldn't be showing that much! :)

lol what.:confused:

anyway looking good mule..good idea going on spr youll make some sick gains.keep it up

LiftingAddict
03-01-2009, 12:22 AM
I didn't use PUA anything. I was fearless, just kind of laid back and occasionally talked to them. It's not really necessary at my age in a setting like a pool. Maybe at a club.

And it's an indoor pool at my gym, which also has subway, racquetball, basketballs, an auxiliary gym for a bunch of stuff, etc...

Yeah, we have a water slide.

:top: atta boy

Wintermule
03-01-2009, 10:22 AM

Lol, I've had abs since I was in like eighth grade before I was working out. I had pretty good pecs too.

Anyway, I started off without much strength, so I figure that genetics has it's place, and since I have increased from 95 to 200 that would be more of an increase than, say, starting off with 135 and going to 200. Plus I brought my incline up 30 or so pounds in a month from 135 for 5 to 165 for 5, and my flat bench did not go up at all. I'm just not much of a flat bencher I guess.

Today is lifting with some buddies from school. I was thinking of ego lifting 315 for three sets, but last week was 280 x 5 x 3 (my 5RM being 305). I probably won't unless my first set of 285 feels easy, then I'll bump to 305 and see how that feels. I'm not sure I'm putting enough into my deadlifts.

AnyOldIron
03-01-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure I'm putting enough into my deadlifts.

You should be putting EVERYTHING into the deadlift.

if your deadlift is going up your physique is changing

:D

Wintermule
03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
It's hard to tell if my physique and strength is changing over a matter of the few weeks since I was doing a ramping 5x5 rep range, with my 5RM being 305. It's hard to see my back, and it's hard to detect such small changes when I see my body (and pose constantly in mirrors lol) every day. It feels like I'm putting everything into the deadlift---it obviously puts so much strain on the body it feels like it---but it's always possible I could put more into it. That's what I'm going to see today. Say, if I'm doing 80% of my 1RM it feels heavy as hell, but I still might be able to use 85%.

Also, I never use my straps/chalk or a belt. I'll put those on today and see what difference that makes. I need to use straps because doing deadlifts and chinups gives me an insane forearm pump and makes the curls afterward difficult. Last time it felt like the tendons in my right wrist were about to snap when I was curling. I'll probably stick with rack chins.

Today'll go something like:

Deadlifts: 285 x 5 x 3, or 285 x 5, 305 x 5, 315 x 5.
Front Squats: 135 x 10, 135 x 10
Rack Chins: +25 x 8 x 3
Incline DB Curls: 30 x 8 x 3
Calf Raises

Wintermule
03-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Deadlifts

LT: 280 x 5, 280 x 5, 280 x 5
TT: 295 x 5, 305 x 5, 315 x 5 [+10 all time PR] (wore a belt this time. very easy, coulda got a couple more easy, will do three sets of this next time)

Front Squats

LT: 115 x 10, 115 x 10
TT: 135 x 10, 135 x 10

Rack Chins:

LT: +10 x 8, +10 x 8, +10 x 8
TT: +25 x 6, +25 x 6, +25 x 6, +25 x 8

Incline DB Curls

LT: 25 x 8, 25 x 8, 25 x 8
TT: 30 x 8, 30 x 5/5, 25 x 5 (right)/7 (left)

Calf Raises

TT: 2 plates + 35 x 15, 12, 10

Wintermule
03-01-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKV9_meUK9E

Deadlift vid.

I think itmay be sideways.

Yup, it is.

Also, I dunno why I'm overemphasizing the lockout.

B.Money
03-01-2009, 09:49 PM
nice deads man, IMO if you got more steam in ya for more, then do more, as long as you follow the guildlines of "1 rep before failure".

Atleast thats what I do anyway, say if I did 315 for 8 reps and my target was 5, ill throw on a fat chunk of iron next time around.

Wintermule
03-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Kind of hard to focus today (thinking too much of girls) but still did good.

Ironaddict's Incline Bench/Shoulders/Tris

Incline Bench Press

LT: 150 x5, 145 x 5, 145 x 5
TT: 150 x 5, 150 x 5, 150 x 5

Dips

LT: +25 x 8, +25 x 8, +25 x 5
TT: +25 x 8, +25 x 8, +25 x 8

Seated DB Press

LT: 45 x 8, 45 x 6, 45 x 7
TT: 45 x 8, 45 x 8, 45 x 9

All were fairly easy, I'll see how it feels to have a 45 dumbbell and a 2.5 pound plate in each hand to make it 47.5 instead of a 5 pound jump in each hand.

Tricep Pressdowns

LT: 50 x 10, 50 x 10, 42.5 x 10 (with rope)
TT: (with straight bar, seems harder) 50 x 10, 50 x 10 [this last rep was failure]

Felt a weird strain on my biceps on the last set.

Hanging Leg Raises

x20

Was easy (I've gotten 50 in a row before), but I farted on the 19th rep and it kind of messed me up. Hot chicks from my school were passing by too. Wasn't really in an ab mood anyway. I did a bit of jogging but my triceps were so pumped it hurt too bad to move them.

Wintermule
03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
So, I went to Red Lobster and Taco Bell today:

Lol.

5,264 calories: 220g fat; 527g carbs; 300g protein

Looking in the mirror, I'd say I'm 7-9%...but I may be higher. I dunno, I'm not a really fantastic job at judging. I won't really talk about my bf unless I get one of those hydroimmersion tests, but I'm liking my progress. Another vein is ridging my calf. The right part of my adonis belt is several inches lower on my body than my left, but I think I may manage. Definitely rocking a beach body right now.

yup...time to put on a lot more mass now.

I'm going to the arnold expo with a bunch of bb.com members this weekend...I expect it to be humbling.

Wintermule
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah, this weekend was kinda...off.

Friday:

Squats

225 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 5 (+10 PR on all)

Chinups

x10

Muscleups

x1, x 1

Handstand pushup starting from the ground

Back Lever for a couple seconds for fun.

Saturday:

155 x 56 deadlift (contest)
50 pushups in a row
some other stuff

Sunday:

155 x 56 deadlift (contest again, and I won again---both times the record before was 55, I could've gotten more the second time, not so many more the first)

Later on:

Barbell Rows

165 x 6, 165 x 6, 165 x 6 (last couple were bad reps) , 165 x 6 (mostly bad reps). +10 PR on all. I'll stick with this weight again next time.

Incline DB Curls

30 x 8/8, 30 x 8/8 (this one is a PR)

Calf Raises

2 plates + 25 x 15, 2 plates + 25 x 15. I think the last set there was a PR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2JzVqKiX38

Wintermule
03-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I think my max was like 135 or so this time last year. So I'm happy.

LiftingAddict
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
So, I went to Red Lobster and Taco Bell today:

Lol.

5,264 calories: 220g fat; 527g carbs; 300g protein

Looking in the mirror, I'd say I'm 7-9%...but I may be higher. I dunno, I'm not a really fantastic job at judging. I won't really talk about my bf unless I get one of those hydroimmersion tests, but I'm liking my progress. Another vein is ridging my calf. The right part of my adonis belt is several inches lower on my body than my left, but I think I may manage. Definitely rocking a beach body right now.

yup...time to put on a lot more mass now.

I'm going to the arnold expo with a bunch of bb.com members this weekend...I expect it to be humbling.

Wish I could eat that much and stay 7-9%! :D

Btw how was the arnold, my dad was in Ohio and said he saw about 800 roided up guys walking around

Billsterl
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
man your making some sick progress, what u think of this simple routine?

Wintermule
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Wish I could eat that much and stay 7-9%! :D

Btw how was the arnold, my dad was in Ohio and said he saw about 800 roided up guys walking around

Really fun man.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114713441

Except that the forums screwed up and now davidthefat is apparently the thread starter.

man your making some sick progress, what u think of this simple routine?

It's all good. I'm setting PRs so far, but let's see how consistent this goes. I should be working out tomorrow, doing the flat day. My squat's gone up 10 pounds a week and my deadlift shot up a good bit.

LiftingAddict
03-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow sick muscle-tech girls!

I like the supp stash

B.Money
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Looks like fun!

Wintermule
03-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Hamstring vein has come in. Cool shit. Just glanced in the mirror and caught a glimpse of this bad boy and I've been staring at it ever since.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/Krimmy/0310090131.jpg

My legs look so small from that angle..:(

Halfway
03-10-2009, 04:02 AM
the show is good but the freakshow at the expo is more entertaining. Gotta do it at least once and the quality of the booth girls looks like it gets higher every year.

Wintermule
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
the show is good but the freakshow at the expo is more entertaining. Gotta do it at least once and the quality of the booth girls looks like it gets higher every year.

Yeah, I should have gone. :(

Some of the booth girls were amazing. Others (like some of the Gaspari girls) were really busted up.

Wintermule
03-10-2009, 04:27 PM

Flat BB Bench

LT: 165 x 5, 165 x 5, 165 x 5
TT: 170 x 5, 170 x 5, 170 x 4

Bounced some of these reps. Last rep was a grinder.

Incline DB Bench

LT: 50 x 8, 50 x 8, 50 x 8
TT: 55 x 6, 55 x 6, 55 x 6, 55 x 6

DB Shoulder Press

LT: 45 x 8, 45 x 8, 45 x 9
TT: 50 x 6, 50 x 5, 45 x 5, 30 x 19

Behind The Head Rope Extensions

TT: 30 x 10, 30 x 10, 30 x 10

Wintermule
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
If my DB shoulder press begins to stall, I think I'll replace it on incline day with upright rows. Or is there some better alternative?

LiftingAddict
03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
^^^^ Lateral raises

lift4life
03-11-2009, 03:09 AM
hey man nice progress so do you do all sets 1 rep short of failure then on the last set go to failure?

Wintermule
03-11-2009, 08:55 AM
All of them are supposed to be short of failure, one away on the last set, but it doesn't always work out.

Wintermule
03-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Wednesday's workout:

Bench

185 x 3
180 x 2 (-5 pounds, -1 rep)
175 x 3 (-10 pounds)

Incline DB Bench

60 x 8 (+2 PR)
60 x 5.5 (-.5 PR)
55 x 7 (-5 pounds)
55 x 5 (-5 pounds)

Standing Military Press

85 x 7
85 x 5

embarrassing.

Tricep Pressdowns

57.5 x 10
57.5 x 9 (+1 rep)
57.5 x 7 (+1 rep)

Incline Leg Raises

+5 x 15
+5 x 15

Then I decided to max on power cleans. Last time I did this a couple months ago I got 175.

I did something like

135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 1
185 x 1
195 x 0
190 x 1
195 x 1
205 x 0
200 x 1
205 x 0

No deadlifts today, back sore as shit. I did some warmups then said "**** this".

Ironaddict's Back

(before school)

Deadlifts

LT: 295 x 5, 305 x 5, 315 x 5
TT: N/A

Front Squats

LT: 135 x 10, 135 x 10
TT: 135 x 15

Rack Chins:

LT: +25 x 6, +25 x 6, +25 x 6, +25 x 8
TT: +35 x 6, +35 x 6, +35 x 6, +35 x 7.5

Pinwheel DB Curls

TT: 30 x 9/9, 25 x 10/10, 25 x 9/9

Was pretty rushed for time, had to leave.

(after school)

Calf Raises

LT: 2 plates + 35 x 15, 12, 10
TT: 2 plates + 25 x 15, 2 plates + 35 x 13, 3 plates x 11, 3 plates + 10 x 9, 3 plates + 20 x 8

One more week of training then I deload. Oh, and this V-12 Magnum shit that I got a container of for free from the expo, is the worst tasting shit ever. It smells like window cleaner, and tastes (I imagine) like window cleaner too. Disgusting shit.

Wintermule
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Good workout today. PR on everything (well, not abs, but whatever), excellent pump.

Ironaddicts Incline Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Incline BB Bench

LT: 150 x 5, 150 x 5, 150 x 5
TT: 155 x 5, 155 x 5, 155 x 4 (last rep was a grinder, took around 10 seconds, good spotter didn't touch)

My elbows were flared to all ****. I might keep this weight next time and work on keeping my elbows tucked in, and get all the reps.

Weighted Dips

LT: +25 x 8, +25 x 8, +25 x 8
TT: 35 x 5, 35 x 5, 35 x 5, 45 x 6

**** 8 reps of weighted dips...5 reps is where it's at for this exercise. Awesome MMC with my chest, which I never get except on dips.

Seated DB Shoulder Press

LT: 50 x 6, 50 x 5, 45 x 5, 30 x 19
TT: 50 x 6, 50 x 6, 50 x 3.5

I just go parallel with the weight, so the first rep up is hard as shit. If I don't get all 6 reps on the last set next time, I'll go back to 45, do higher reps, full ROM. I need some goddamn microplates.

Tricep Pressdowns

LT: 50 x 10, 50 x 10
TT: 50 x 10, 50 x 10, 50 x 9.5

Incline Leg Raises

Who gives a ****. But my right hamstring was still hurting. I love this exercise though, weighted, it absolutely slaughters my abs.

Did 10 minutes of LISS on the elliptical. Most boring shit ever. I'll stick to occasional sprints. Also did a little bit of swimming.

B.Money
03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice set of PR's!

Wintermule
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Ironaddict's Legs

Squats

TT: 225 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 5

Last one was a grinder. I worked up to 235 x 5 and 235 x 4.5 but I ended up pinching my sciatic nerve so I will count this as my new PR and work up from here again.

Glute-Ham Raises

Well then...these are intense. On the last set I ended up making this screaming grunt noise like the little pale freak boy from The Grudge. Some guys were working in on the adjustable machine which could also be used for weighted crunches and said "now that's some intensity." Lel, I wish I could see my face. The mind-muscle connection on these is amazing. I only went around 1/2 to 3/4 the range of motion if that.

TT: 3 sets of 4-6? with 1/3 to 2/3 range of motion

Wow...hard stuff.

One Arm Iso-Lateral Rows

TT: 2 plates x 8, 2 plates x 8, 2 plates x 8

Standing DB Curls

LT: 35 x 7/7, 30 x 5/5, 25 x 5/5
TT: 30 x 10/9, 30 x ?/?

My right delt was really messed up when I was doing these, feel like a tendon was going to snap. Maybe I'll go to hammer curls or something. My arms were pretty pumped from the iso-lateral row.

Calf Raises

LT: 3 plates + 35 x 10, 3 plates + 35 x 9, 3 plates + 35 x 7
TT: 4 plates x 8, 4 plates x 8, 4 plates x 8

Let's just say that I'm a pretty fucking mad person right now. Someone hacked into my email, deleted my myspace, changed my bodybuilding.com account information, and sent gay porn to some of my teachers. So I had to deal with that and had to go file a police report because my parents insisted. Now my mom is telling me that because she has so little foresight that we are going to have to move back to South Carolina because she's getting laid off work and there are no more jobs around here, which would make this the SIXTH FUCKING TIME I HAVE HAD TO SWITCH HIGH SCHOOLS, and now I'm moving back and forth between states.

I couldn't muster up any rage during my workout, I just felt fucked up and exhausted. When my mom dropped the information that we will probably have to move, I really wish I had been in the gym at that moment. When I find the person who did it, if it is someone from school and not some fucking bb.com member, not only when I press every fucking charge imaginable and have the teachers and school press charges if possible, but I will beat this fucking person within an inch of their life.

Wintermule
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Had to stay at the gym for two hours, so I figured I might as well workout. Probably not such a good idea really. My last upper body workout was, uh, three days ago? Did okay I guess, though the shoulder presses blew. Deload starts today. Going to be in SC for spring break. Be back Monday after next.

Flat BB Bench

LT: 170 x 5, 170 x 5, 170 x 4
TT: 175 x 5, 175 x 4, 175 x 3 (with the spotter's help, but I didn't need it...)

Incline DB Bench

LT: 55 x 6, 55 x 6, 55 x 6, 55 x 6
TT: 60 x 6, 60 x 4.5, 55 x 5.5

DB Shoulder Press

LT: 50 x 6, 50 x 6, 50 x 3.5
TT: 45 x 5, 40 x 7 (full ROM)

Not good. Though I just did these.

Behind The Head Rope Extensions

LT: 30 x 10, 30 x 10, 30 x 10
TT: 35 x 8, 35 x 8, 35 x 10

Wintermule
03-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Pretty good day I guess, despite me having about 500 calories in me and 5 hours of sleep last night. I'm disappointed with my db shoulder press which keeps going down. I'll probably sub out one day with upright rows instead of doing it on incline and flat day.

Was supposed to deadlift today, forgot my gym shorts, didn't want to rip my pants. Will be maxing out with xandersausage on Wednesday. I dunno, it all worked out fine.

Ironaddicts Flat Bench/Shoulders/Tris

Flat BB Bench

LT: 175 x 5, 175 x 4, 175 x 3
TT: 185 x 3, 185 x 3, 185 x 3

Incline DB Bench

LT: 60 x 6, 60 x 4.5, 55 x 5.5
TT: 60 x 6, 60 x 6, 60 x 5, 60 x 4

DB Shoulder Press

LT: 45 x 5, 40 x 7 (full ROM)
TT: 50 x 5, 45 x 5, 45 x 5

Better than last time, but still not up to what it was a couple weeks ago.

Tricep Pressdowns

LT: 50 x 10, 50 x 10, 50 x 9.5
TT: 57.5 x 10, 57.5 x 8, 57.5 x 6

Samsuperjew
03-30-2009, 04:21 PM
nice benching mule, that seems like an awesome workout

LiftingAddict
03-30-2009, 04:48 PM
10 lb PR on flat bench!!! Haha thats fucking sweet! Congrats!

Wintermule
03-30-2009, 04:50 PM
nice benching mule, that seems like an awesome workout

Would be much better if my sleeping and diet weren't so fucked. I'll be getting back on track now.

Thanks brahs.

I'll shoot for 185 x 5 for all three sets next time. Think I could get 225 if I can do that?

Samsuperjew
03-30-2009, 06:41 PM
only one way to find out :p

Wintermule
03-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Aw, they moved me to teen training journals? :(

I'll max out on bench after getting three sets of 185 x 5. I still have that bench gym competition in the end of May. Not sure if I'll compete. Probably will if I get over 245.

Samsuperjew
03-30-2009, 10:18 PM
why wouldn't you?

Wintermule
03-30-2009, 10:23 PM
why wouldn't you?

Because it's a $15 entrance fee, I'm the youngest there, and the second youngest is a 18-19 year old 160 pounder shooting for (but not necessarily getting) 320. Why pay $15 to bench 225 infront of some people and win nothing? I figure if I get a solid 250+ I could at least get a coffee cup or some shit.

Samsuperjew
03-30-2009, 10:42 PM
lmfao, do it, competing is awesome

Wintermule
04-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Deadlifts Max Out

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
315 x 1
365 x 0
345 x 0 (felt heavier than the 365)
315 x 0

Yeah...

ATG Front Squats

LT: 135 x 15
TT: 145 x 10, 145 x 12

Fairly easy, could definitely have gotten 15+. Up it another 10 pounds next time.

Rack Chins:

LT:+35 x 6, +35 x 6, +35 x 6, +35 x 7.5
TT:+45 x 6, +45 x 6, +45 x 6, +45 x 10

Barbell Curls

TT: 70 x 8, 70 x 8, 70 x 6 (?)

Didn't do calves.

Samsuperjew
04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
What does lt/tt mean?

apfroggy0408
04-01-2009, 08:24 PM
LT= last time
TT= this time

Nice lifting man.

Samsuperjew
04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
awesome progress then!

Wintermule
04-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Probably because I didn't do deadlifts before it, really, because I failed on both attempts. Should've started with 345...we'll see how it works out next time.

Wintermule
04-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Anyway, I worked out today because my mom was working late.

Incline BB Bench

LT: 155 x 5, 155 x 5, 155 x 4
TT: 160 x 5, 160 x 5, 160 x 5

Weighted Dips

LT: 35 x 5, 35 x 5, 35 x 5, 45 x 6
TT: 45 x 5, 45 x 5, 45 x 5, 45 x 8, bodyweight x 20

Side DB Raises

TT: 20 x 10, 25 x 8, 25 x 8

My form on these sucked. I only did them because my elbows were bothering me after the dips and I didn't think another pressing movement was a good option. I tried doing some upright rows but they were lame.

Rope Extensions

LT: 35 x 8, 35 x 8, 35 x 10
TT: 42.5 x 10, 42.5 x 8, 42.5 x 5

Billsterl
04-02-2009, 07:12 PM
nice prs on weight and reps on the incline mule

Wintermule
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Gains so far:

Since the end of February to now:

Squats:
215 x 5 (3 sets)
225 X 5 (3 sets)
235 X 5 (2 sets)

Flat Bench:
165 x 5 (3 sets)
170 X 5 (2 sets), 170 X 4
175 x 5, 175 x 4, 175 x 3
185 x 3 (3 sets)

Incline Barbell Bench:
150 X 5 (3 sets)
155 X 5 (2 sets), 155 X 4
160 X 5 (3 sets)

Incline Dumbbell Bench:
45 x 8 (3 sets)
50 x 8 (3 sets)
55 X 6 (4 sets)
60 x 6, 60 x 4.5, 55 x 5.5
60 x 6 (2 sets), 60 x 5, 60 x 4

DB Shoulder Press
45 X 8, 45 X 7, 45 X 4
45 X 8, 45 X 6, 45 X 7
50 x 6, 50 x 5, 45 x 5, 30 x 19

Front Squats
135 x 10 (2 sets)
135 x 15
145 x 10, 145 x 12

Weighted Dips
25 x 8 (2 sets), 25 x 5
25 x 8 (3 sets)
35 x 5 (3 sets), 45 x 6
45 x 5 (3 sets), 45 x 8

Samsuperjew
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
those are some awesome gains man!

gj

Wintermule
04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Seems I've pinched my sciatic nerve so..no skwatz, no deadlifts.

Ironaddict's Legs

Leg Extensions

TT: 190 x 8, 205 x 10, 220 x 10, 240 x 8

Came back at the end of the workout to do the 240 x 8 cuz I wanted more...meh. Good pump, but I still would much rather have squats.

Barbell Rows

My form on these suck...still. I'm really going to have to do switch them out.

LT: 165 x 6, 170 x 6, 170 x 6, 170 x 4
TT: 175 x 5, 175 x 5, 175 x 5, 155 x 5 (underhand)

Standing DB Curls

LT: 30 x 10/10, 30 x 7/5 (Incline DB)
TT: 35 x 7/7, 30 x 5/5, 25 x 5/5

(I was fucking around Saturday and did 35 x 8 with my right arm...yeah)

Calf Raises

LT: 3 plates x 15, 3 plates x 14, 3 plates x 11
TT: 3 plates + 25 x 12, 3 plates +25 x 8 3 plates x 8

Samsuperjew
04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
u pinched ur nerve? details NAO

and you left out ur pull throughs :confused:

Wintermule
04-06-2009, 07:13 PM
It was an accident to leave them in there.

Seems I pinched it trying to max out on deadlifts. Strong excruciating glute pain. I don't want to do anything that will target the glutes to irritate it further (which is a lot of things on this routine).

Samsuperjew
04-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear that man, are you going to get it checked out by a doc?

Wintermule
04-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Dunno, I'll give it a week or so to see if it goes away. I'm doing some stretches n stuff.

Should be working out with thehybridpyro from the forums tomorrow. Should go somethin like this optimally:

Bench: 185 x 5, 185 x 5, 185 x 5
Incline DB Bench: 60 x 8, 60 x 8, 60 x 8, 60 x 8
Military Press: 85 x 8, 85 x 8, 85 x 8
Tricep Pressdown: 57.5 x 10, 10, 10
Abs

Wintermule
04-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Wednesday's workout:

Bench

185 x 3
180 x 2 (-5 pounds, -1 rep)
175 x 3 (-10 pounds)

Incline DB Bench

60 x 8 (+2 PR)
60 x 5.5 (-.5 PR)
55 x 7 (-5 pounds)
55 x 5 (-5 pounds)

Standing Military Press

85 x 7
85 x 5

embarrassing.

Tricep Pressdowns

57.5 x 10
57.5 x 9 (+1 rep)
57.5 x 7 (+1 rep)

Incline Leg Raises

+5 x 15
+5 x 15

Then I decided to max on power cleans. Last time I did this a couple months ago I got 175.

I did something like

135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 1
185 x 1
195 x 0
190 x 1
195 x 1
205 x 0
200 x 1
205 x 0

No deadlifts today, back sore as shit. I did some warmups then said "**** this".

Ironaddict's Back

Deadlifts

LT: 295 x 5, 305 x 5, 315 x 5
TT: N/A

Pinched sciatic nerve.

ATG Front Squats

LT: 145 x 10, 145 x 12
TT: 155 x 10, 155 x 10

Could've gotten a couple more. I'll stick with 10 reps and keep upping 10 pounds until I can no longer get it. My fingers were slipping out from under the bar on clean grip, I'll add a finger or two next time. I kind of just balance it with two or three fingers now.

Rack Chins:

LT:+45 x 6, +45 x 6, +45 x 6, +45 x 10
TT:+55 x 6, +55 x 6, +50 x 6

Pretty shitty form. I think I might go back down to +45 and go for 4 sets of 8 with really good form.

Pinwheel Curls

LT: 30 x 9/9, 25 x 10/10, 25 x 9/9
TT: 35 x 8/8, 30 x 9/9/ 30 x 8/7.5

Calf Raises

LT: 365 x 12, 365 x 8 315 x 8
TT: 385 x 10, 385 x 9, 385 x 7

This is assuming that the machine weighs 45 like a standard barbell, which it doesn't. But I just did it that way for convenience.

Samsuperjew
04-10-2009, 07:19 PM
nice pr's on front squats, those are hell, we have a love hate relationship :/

Wintermule
04-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Front squats are easy as hell for me, though very physically and mentally exhausting with high reps like that.

165 x 10 for 2 sets next week, I'm thinking.

I hope I can get to 185 x 10 x 2 with this rate. That would be baller status. I'll get a vid of that. Though when I get back to deadlifting that'll probably kill my CNS.

apfroggy0408
04-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Agreed about front squats. Good lifts though.

Wintermule
04-13-2009, 05:38 PM

Incline Barbell Bench

LT: 160 x 5, 160 x 5, 160 x 5
TT: 165 x 5, 165 x 4, 160 x 4 [+1 forced rep, bad idea]

Weighted Dips

LT: 45 x 5, 45 x 5, 45 x 5, 45 x 8, bodyweight x 20
TT: 55 x 5, 55 x 5, 55 x 5, 55 x 5, bodyweight x 14

Did a set of 45 x 6 with seated dumbbells then said "**** this" and did some cable one arm delt crossover thing which was cool and resembled a pimp slap. On the bodyweight dips, I did 6 less this time, but I did bump the weight 10 pounds, plus when I did the x20 it was after my workout, this was after about a minute or two pause before launching right into it.

Rope Extensions

LT: 42.5 x 10, 42.5 x 8, 42.5 x 5
TT: 35 x 4--->42.5 x 10, 42.5 x 7

I consider that first one a PR because I did 35 for 4 and went "this is way too light, I must have the wrong weight" then put it to 42.5 and did it 10 times. The third set I couldn't even get 42.5 up, so whatever. I think I had the pin on the cable machine set down too much.

I was working out with some other guy from bb.com so I wasn't all that serious or measuring my rest times or anything.

Wintermule
04-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Ironaddict's Legs

Squats

TT: 225 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 5

Last one was a grinder. I worked up to 235 x 5 and 235 x 4.5 last time I squatted a couple weeks ago but I ended up pinching my sciatic nerve so I will count this as my new PR and work up from here again.

Glute-Ham Raises

Well then...these are intense. On the last set I ended up making this screaming grunt noise like the little pale freak boy from The Grudge. Some guys were working in on the adjustable machine which could also be used for weighted crunches and said "now that's some intensity." Lel, I wish I could see my face. The mind-muscle connection on these is amazing. I only went around 1/2 to 3/4 the range of motion if that.

TT: 3 sets of 4-6? with 1/3 to 2/3 range of motion

Wow...hard stuff.

One Arm Iso-Lateral Rows

TT: 2 plates x 8, 2 plates x 8, 2 plates x 8

Standing DB Curls

LT: 35 x 7/7, 30 x 5/5, 25 x 5/5
TT: 30 x 10/9, 30 x ?/?

My right delt was really messed up when I was doing these, feel like a tendon was going to snap. Maybe I'll go to hammer curls or something. My arms were pretty pumped from the iso-lateral row.

Calf Raises

LT: 3 plates + 35 x 10, 3 plates + 35 x 9, 3 plates + 35 x 7
TT: 4 plates x 8, 4 plates x 8, 4 plates x 8

A little rant...

Let's just say that I'm a pretty fucking mad person right now. Someone hacked into my email, deleted my myspace, changed my bodybuilding.com account information, and sent gay porn to some of my teachers. So I had to deal with that and had to go file a police report because my parents insisted. Now my mom is telling me that because she has so little foresight that we are going to have to move back to South Carolina because she's getting laid off work and there are no more jobs around here, which would make this the SIXTH FUCKING TIME I HAVE HAD TO SWITCH HIGH SCHOOLS, and now I'm moving back and forth between states.

I couldn't muster up any rage during my workout, I just felt fucked up and exhausted. When my mom dropped the information that we will probably have to move, I really wish I had been in the gym at that moment. When I find the person who did it, if it is someone from school and not some fucking bb.com member, not only when I press every fucking charge imaginable and have the teachers and school press charges if possible, but I will beat this fucking person within an inch of their life.

My stepdad is saying that if my mom wants to move back down to South Carolina he's not going so they'll have to get divorced. I told her straight up that we're not moving and that she better head out and fill out some applications to Taco Bell or some shit, and that she was going to make me very mad very soon. I'm very close to the fucking breaking point right now. Oh, and as a little cherry on top, my mom asked me if the gay porn had come from my computer, as well as the little gay story that was sent along with it. I looked at her and just asked her if she was fucking serious. And now she just came upstairs and said that she's going back down to South Carolina and if I'm going to stay up here I'm staying with my stepdad.

Someone is going to get fucking killed, and I'm a very stoic person usually. This is a VERY bad time to have fucked with me right now.

nygiants101
04-15-2009, 07:48 PM
damn man. i feel ya...that shits fked up. hope everything works out ok.

Samsuperjew
04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
it was a bb.com member

the SAME EXACT thing happened to me 2 weeks ago

Wintermule
04-15-2009, 11:12 PM
it was a bb.com member

the SAME EXACT thing happened to me 2 weeks ago

I figured.

FUCK bb.com.

I'm mostly mad about my myspace, I had spent a lot of time lately cultivating it to be awesome.

Wintermule
04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
So, I worked out today because my mom doesn't get off work until 4:30. Lame. I didn't feel like walking home which takes forever, and I didn't have my swim trunks to swim. So here it is. Probably is really not a good idea for me to be doing this when the routine is based off recovery time, especially since sometimes I push too hard and go to failure by accident. I'm going to stop this shit. I love working out with intensity but I guess I don't have to try and completely shatter every PR every workout, I've barely begun working out.

Weight: 165 (jeans and shirt, after eating)

Flat Barbell Bench

LT: 185 x 3, 180 x 2, 175 x 3
TT: 180 x 5, 180 x 5, 180 x 3

Incline DB Bench

LT: 60 x 8, 60 x 5.5, 57 x 7, 55 x 5
TT: 60 x 6, 60 x 6, 60 x 5.5

I dunno if this is really that much of a PR.

Close-Grip Upright Rows

TT: 75 x 8, 75 x 8, 75 x 10

Definitely felt it in my delts. Good exercise. I didn't like it last time when I did it wide-grip with a barbell, but this time felt good. Keeping this.

Tricep Pressdowns

LT: 57.5 x 10, 57.5 x 9, 57.5 x 7
TT: 57.5 x 16, 42.5 x 16

Felt like doing high reps on these because I had heard that the guys at Westside like doing them with 8-100 reps and it's good for a lot of things. So why not? The 57.5 x 16 was failure, probably shouldn't have pushed for that last rep.

Incline Leg Raises

LT: +5 x 15, +5 x 15
TT: +5 x 15, +5 x 14, x12

I think my legs gave out before my abs did. Holding the weight between my ankles and bringing my legs up and down seems to put a lot of strain on the legs. I really love this exercise though.

VirgilsCrony
04-16-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm mostly mad about my myspace, I had spent a lot of time lately cultivating it to be awesome.

haha, don't worry man; you can always rebuild it, make it better.

sorry to hear the shit that's going on with your mom and the moving, really.

good workouts, though. weighted dips are one of my favorite exercises. see ya like them too. do you lock out at the top when you do them? I've been locking out on each rep, heard it's bad to do, not sure what other people do on them

Wintermule
04-16-2009, 08:32 PM
haha, don't worry man; you can always rebuild it, make it better.

sorry to hear the shit that's going on with your mom and the moving, really.

good workouts, though. weighted dips are one of my favorite exercises. see ya like them too. do you lock out at the top when you do them? I've been locking out on each rep, heard it's bad to do, not sure what other people do on them

Haha, as for the myspace thing, yeah, but it's a colossal waste of time for me to go through adding everyone all over again and that's annoying.

I lock out on the top on the weighted, and when I do bodyweight I mostly just breeze through them.

As for locking out each rep...I figure it's probably just as stressful on the joints as deadlifting a lot or benching a lot. In my opinion it seems lifting is sort of really just minimizing your potential injuries, not really a way to avoid them. I dunno though, my joints seem a bit messed up, I was messing around doing tricep extensions with some like 5 pound stool and when I tried to lock it out the tendons hurt badly and my right elbow kept popping painfully. So maybe I shouldn't lock out.

zachmanman
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Locking out on tricep extensions makes my elbows hurt also

Wintermule
04-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Strong angle in this pic:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2009/04/19/20254412/profilepic/1u4t95KesAFIZwIxn8VeusozQsXGNI0678.jpeg

I'll get some real poses eventually...probably at the end of the month.

Wintermule
04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm straight exhausted. First time deadlifting for reps since about 3 weeks to a month. After my workout I fell onto a couch at the gym and 30 minutes passed by.

Ironaddict's Back

Deadlifts

LT: 295 x 5, 305 x 5, 315 x 5 (3-4 weeks ago)
TT: 315 x 5, 315 x 5

Bad form on these. I'll keep this weight next week and get the third set, and keep good form.

ATG Front Squats

LT: 155 x 10, 155 x 10
TT: 165 x 10, 165 x 10

Very exhausting. 5 pound increments from now on, I'm thinking.

Chinups

TT: x8, x5

Not a good idea

Curls

Uh, something. I remembered why I did rack chins instead of normal chinups again. 1.) deadlifts + chinups = such a bad forearm pump I can't do curls very well, and 2.) I am too exhausted to progress on chinups.

Calf Raises

LT: 405 x 8, 405 x 8, 405 x 8
TT: 405 x 10, 405 x 8, 405 x 8

This is assuming that the machine weighs 45 like a standard barbell, which it doesn't. But I just did it that way for convenience.

vsvs
04-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow strong calf raises. I can't even do my BW for reps lol.

Wintermule
04-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Wow strong calf raises. I can't even do my BW for reps lol.

It's on the hack squat machine btw, not the smith machine or anything like that. But thanks brah.

Wintermule
04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
LT: Last time
TT: This time
Green: PR

Incline Barbell Bench

LT: 165 x 5, 165 x 4, 160 x 4
TT: 165 x 5, 165 x 5, 165 x 4

Weighted Dips

LT: 55 x 5, 55 x 5, 55 x 5, 55 x 5, bodyweight x 14
TT: 60 x 5, 60 x 5, 60 x 5

Upright Rows

LT: 75 x 8, 75 x 8, 75 x 10
TT: 85 x 8, 85 x 8, 85 x 8

Rope Extensions

LT: 35 x 4--->42.5 x 10, 42.5 x 7
TT: 42.5 x 10, 42.5x10, 42.5 x 7

Rope extensions were done with a straight bar this time instead of the rope. I think I prefer the rope.

Wintermule
04-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm hearing upright rows are horrible for shoulder health...guess I should just stick with barbell presses. I really liked the way that upright rows felt, felt like they were slaughtering my delts, but apparently that's not a good thing in this case.

Wintermule
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Bought a 90 serving container of Watermelon Xtend, expecting that to come in tomorrow and will hopefully have it for deadlift/front squats day.

I was going to start my deload and read on ironaddicts that you can max out during your deload. I talked to a gym trainer who was spotting me (and he has benched 500) about it and he said that sounds like a stupid idea and that a deload and a max out don't mix at all. And I was already basically done with my maxing out, so I'll start next week. Though I feel pretty good still, maybe I'll just keep going heavy for a while.

Flat Barbell Bench

45 x 10
95 x 6
135 x 5
155 x 3
175 x 1
195 x 1
205 x 1
215 x 0

Spotter said I had more in the tank and would probably be able to get 215 so I tried it, got stuck a couple inches off the chest. My body never seems to like max outs at all. Maybe I'm just designed for higher reps?

Incline DB Bench

LT: 60 x 6, 60 x 6, 60 x 5.5
TT: 60 x 6, 60 x 6 60 x 6, 60 x 8, 65 x 5

Close-Grip Upright Rows

LT: 85 x 8, 85 x 8, 85 x 8
TT: 95 x 8, 90 x 8, 85 x 8.5

Felt a weird, painful rotation in my left shoulder. **** it, I'm just going to stick with overhead presses despite how weak they are. My form was getting sloppy so I lowered the weights.

Tricep Pressdowns

LT: 57.5 x 16, 42.5 x 16
TT: 65 x 14, 42.5 x 20

I love these high reps, but the problem is not knowing when I hit failure. I thought I had at least 15 reps in my easy because I was breezing through, but once I hit 14 I went for another and it wouldn't budge an inch. Oh well. Could've busted out a couple more on the 42.5.

Pretty pleased on these PRs.

ktm_Wrench
04-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Angle or no angle you are looking legit to me man. Keep it up.

Wintermule
04-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh, didn't post my new pics in here yet. Here:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/Krimmy/0424092218b.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/Krimmy/0424092218a.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/Krimmy/0424092219b.jpg

Ignore the second pose, I did it for a comparison between me and someone else who did the same pose. Kind of lame.

ktm_Wrench
04-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Shit son. That's is like my goal right there. What is your eating like? Post up some befores.

Wintermule
04-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Shit son. That's is like my goal right there. What is your eating like? Post up some befores.

Eating and supplementation could be far better. I'll get my diet back on track though. I don't really have any old pics in the same pose, but here are some from August. I'll take some similar poses soon for a comparison.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/sidechestcon.JPG

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/frontdoublebicon.JPG

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/legpiccon.JPG

The careful observer may notice a naked old man.

ktm_Wrench
04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Fuck you have done well bro. Cut that hair off too!

Wintermule
04-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Fuck you have done well bro. Cut that hair off too!

u mirin the wintermullet brah?

I was about 150 in those pics, I'm 160-165 now. I think I could have made more progress but I'm pleased. I guess 10-15 pounds isn't too bad in 8 months but it's hardly spectacular.

sdelu
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
lookin' solid. and good choice cutting the hair, lol.

15 lbs is good in 8 months, and you still have 4 to go. might get 20 in a year, which is great. keep it up.

Wintermule
04-29-2009, 04:23 PM
First time with Xtend. Good but I think I diluted it too much with too much water? The scoops seem really small, I did 2. I'll do 3 next time I guess. Still, a decent flavor. Probably would've been a bit better if I hadn't spilled a bunch of chunks of chalk into it by accident.

I believe I was "that guy who smells really bad" at the time today. Strong swamp ass. I tried to avoid people but I'm sure I gave a couple people a stink punch to the nose. I'm hoping that the smell didn't escape at school and the tightness of my jeans held in the noxious funk, but I'm thinking I smelled like a shit-stained corpse. Now that I think about it, a lot of people would turn to look at me when I was walking down the hallway.

**** my life.

Ironaddict's Back

Deadlifts

LT: 315 x 5, 315 x 5
TT: 315 x 5, 315 x 5, 315 x 4

Again, all very bad form. I probably could've pulled off a 5th rep, but it would've definitely been horrible form. Deload next week.

ATG Front Squats

LT: 165 x 10, 165 x 10
TT: 175 x 10*, 175 x 8

* 9-11 reps actually. I sorta lost count. I think I may have skipped a number while counting down, so I did one more. I'll assume 10. It's funny how counting down from ten becomes so difficult when you're ****ed up.

Probably could've gotten all ten but it would've been very bad form. A lot of the reps on the first set were pretty bad form too. Meh. I'll stick with this weight after the deload, or add some if I'm feeling confident. Got a vid of the second set but it cut off after the 5th rep, I'll post anyway I guess.

However, not as exhausting as last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE8XNRcppKw

Chinups

LT: x8, x5
TT: x6, x6, x 6

Pinwheel Curls

30 x 8 one set both arms. eh. I really cannot do biceps after all this. I guess I'll go down to the 25's.

Calf Raises

LT: 405 x 10, 405 x 8, 405 x 8
TT: 405 x 10, 405 x 10, 405 x 10

Samsuperjew
04-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Strong ass deads man, have fun on ur deload

vsvs
04-29-2009, 09:29 PM
good physique and bodyfat%
keep it up

Br0kenB
04-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Fellow BB.com'er here, keep up the great work. Your log is really entertaining.

DOA
05-17-2009, 03:55 PM
You look like your doing really well man come take a look at my log soon and we can share tips on what we are doing. Your looking very powerful and cut. Again good job

Wintermule
05-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Ironaddict's Back

Rack Deadlifts

TT: 335 x 3, 355 x 3, 365 x 3

ATG Front Squats

LT: 175 x 10, 175 x 8
TT: 185 x 8

Injured my lower back squatting last time ago. I would've gone for another set but it was messing up.

Chinups

LT: x6, x6, x 6
TT: x7, x7, x4

Did some curls.

Calf Raises

LT: 405 x 12, 405 x 10, 405 x 10
TT: 465 x 8, 465 x 8, 465 x 8

Wavelength
05-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Strong rack deads bro

What pin height you using?

Wintermule
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Strong rack deads bro

What pin height you using?

It's not as low as I'd like it to be. It's in our power rack and it's at a set length a little bit under my knees.

Incline Barbell Bench

LT: 165 x 5, 165 x 5, 165 x 5
TT: 170 x 5, 170 x 3, 165 x 3

Bodyweight Dips

LT:
TT: x8, x20, x10 (slow negative)

No belt at the gym, didn't want to deal with the bullshit of a dumbbell between my feet.

Seated DB Press

LT: 50 x 7, 50 x 7, 50 x 5
TT: 50 x 7, 50 x 6, 50 x 4

I am disappoint, son.

Overhead Tri Extensions

LT: 42.5 x 10, 42.5 x 10, 42.5 x 10
TT: 47.5 x 8, 47.5 x 8

Abdominal Crunch Machine

LT: 110 x 10, 115 x 10, 90 x 20
TT: 115 x 10, 120 x 10, 100 x 20

vsvs
05-20-2009, 09:06 PM
srsly, u shud get a vid or pic of those calf raises man. wtf 400+ lbs?!

Wintermule
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM
It's on the hack squat machine. I'll get a vid if you want, but I don't think it's a big deal. If they were standing calf raises that would be different.

Wintermule
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM

Flat Barbell Bench

45 x 15
95 x 6
135 x 5
165 x 3
185 x 1
200 x 1
210 x 1
215 x 1
225 x 1

Spotter put his hands on 225, but said he didn't do anything. I'll redo this next week.

Incline DB Bench

LT: 65 x 6, 65 x 5, 65 4
TT: 65 x 6 , 65 x 6, 65 x 6, 65 x 5

DB Shoulder Press

LT: 50 x 7, 50 x 5, 50 x 4
TT: 50 x 8, 50 x 5

Eh, felt strain in my left bicep.

Tricep Pressdowns

LT: 72.5 x 7, 65 x 10, 42.5 x 22
TT: 65 x 10, 65 x 9, 47.5 x 15

vsvs
05-26-2009, 06:00 PM
nice stream of PRs there

Wintermule
05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Ironaddict's Back

Rack Deads Max Out

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 1

Form not the best but it's a max out, whatever.

Chinups

LT: 7, 7, 4
TT: x8 , x6

Screw chinups.

Alternating DB Curls

LT: 35 x 7, 30 x 6
TT: 35 x 8, 30 x 8, 30 x 10 [PINWHEEL]

Calf Raises

LT: 495 x 8, 495 x 8, 495 x 8
TT: 495 x 9, 495 x 9, 495 x 8

Wintermule
05-27-2009, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuKfbOGjpFQ

Not the best form, but that was my second time doing them and it was a max. The pins seem kind of high, should I stand on some 45 pound plates in the future or what? Lol I don't think the pins move.

Wintermule
05-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Got flaked on yesterday and am not amused that I got to stand under a bridge for an hour while it rained, then when it stopped raining she still didn't come because "she didn't want to drown in any big puddles". I guess she was expecting me to get into a cute little white knighting back-and-forth text, but no. I'm done with her. Used my anger to fuel my workout.

Worked out at my old workout partner's new gym, Bodybuilders Inc., which was rated sixth most hardcore gym in the country.

Incline Barbell Bench

LT: 170 x 5, 170 x 3, 165 x 3
TT: 175 x 3, 170 x 3, 165 x 6

Felt like a different angle. I brought my hands in a little closer than usual and it seemed to make me stronger.

Hammer Strength Dip Machine

TT: 1 plate + 35 x 8, 2 plates x 8, 2 plates x 8, 2 plates x 12

(weight on either side)

Just have always wanted to try this machine out. I think I like freeweight dips better. I kind of experimented with the grips on the warmups, I'll do some more experimenting if I ever use this machine again/go back to that gym.

Seated DB Press

LT: 50 x 8, 50 x 5
TT: 55 x 5, 55 x 5, 55 x 8 + 1 forced rep

So much easier with Boris being there to spot me/support my wrists if they go weird but not actually helping in the lift. When I put the weight on the racks and turned around, they weren't on right and fell to the ground and rolled. Very embarrassing.

Tricep Pressdowns

LT: ?
TT: 140 x 10, 110 x 19

Forgot I was supposed to do tri overhead extensions. This machine had a different weight listed so I'm not sure if it was a personal record or not.

Then I did a hanging leg raise, came down, and my right calf cramped up and I fell to the ground. Not fun. Stayed there for a bit, it was embarrassing. Then I did the DC behind-the-back shoulder stretch, then ended up losing control of the weight and it lashed back and slammed the weights down. Again, embarrassing.

The gym was cool, I'm gonna start going there this summer instead of my shitty fitness center area. It was kinda meh at first but it grew on me. I liked the hardcore music and the old school machines. It wasn't very crowded at all, but there were a couple of pretty jacked dudes there. Boris says it gets insane on the weekdays. It's cheaper or about the same price as the gym I go to. The only thing the Nat has that Bodybuilders Inc. doesn't is a pool, and I have a neighborhood pool, and my friends have pools and lakes.

I feel quite a bit better after this workout and joking around with Boris. Me and him are going swimming later. If she's lifeguarding there I'll just ignore, whatever.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE WORKOUT: Watching Boris try to eat his yogurt after working out back/chest/delts/tris. His hand was shaking like an old man's and he had to prop his arm on his leg and lower his head to try and get the spoon into his mouth. Right when I was recording my phone battery died. Sigh.

Wintermule
06-05-2009, 10:13 AM
My eating schedule was fucked due to exams. So I had about 300 calories of milk for breakfast then worked out five hours later. Still, a decent workout...and school is now OUT, so it's time to get serious.

(from Wednesday)

Flat Barbell Bench

LT: 185 x 5, 180 x 3, 175 x 4
TT: 185 x 5, 185 x 3, 185 x 2 + 2 forced reps...

Stupid spotter helped me on the third rep which I had easily and made me do a forced rep. That's why I'm gonna switch gyms, people like that.

Incline DB Bench

LT: 65 x 6, 65 x 6, 65 x 6, 65 x 5
TT: 70 x 5, 70 x 5, 65 x 6, 65 x 4

Upright Rows

TT: 85 x 8, 85 x 8

Didn't feel like doing dumbbell shoulder presses.

Tricep Pressdowns

LT: 67.5 x 10, 67.5 x 9, 47.5 x 15
TT: 65 x 10, 65 x 10, 47.5 x 20

Right elbow started to hurt again..

Abdominal Crunch Machine

LT: 120 x 10, 125 x 10, 100 x 20
TT: 110 x 20, 115 x 20

ROM was good on first set, second set not as good.

I'm also going to start going to Bodybuilders Inc. instead of my current gym.