PDA

View Full Version : Squat form check

Confuse
01-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Hi guys, this is me squatting girly weights, but hey...haha I notice theres something very funky going on with my hips and back as I come out of the hole. My back sort of squishes down and my ass appears to fly up. During the lift, I was feeling a lot of pressure on my knees and quads as opposed to the glute/ham region. Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

And please disregard the erection-esque lump in my pants as I'm shutting off the camera...

EDIT: Ack! Sorry, forgot the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh24yzJKlRw

Sand Blaster
01-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Video?

Sb

Joe
01-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Work on arching your lower back and pushing your knees out and on the concentric phase make sure you're spreading the floor with your feet.

Confuse
01-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks Skar! I've always had trouble with the "spreading the floor" cue. It causes my knees to buckle in trying to do that. Maybe my toes are pointing too forward? The way I feel it is sort of like my ankles are bending out...which I don't know if thats even close...

HIThopper
02-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Try widen your stance a tad too, your knees are quite forward when you are in the hole, a wider stance will usually let you keep them a bit less forward and get you more glute ham PC recruitment,its easier to spread the floor as skar says too with a wider stance.Most of my ankle issues dissapeared when I did that.