PDA

View Full Version : Nearly a sqat PR...

rorouni777
01-30-2009, 09:36 PM
The last time I squatted this I was 15 lbs. heavier so I'm proud to be able to do this without the benefit of that leverage.

Didn't push my butt back as far as I should have which resulted in a little forward lean right off the bench but it came up anyway. Next ME squat day should bring me into uncharted squat territory :D

Oh and disregard my little grunt o' victory. I forgot the camera was on.

But comments are certainly welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5crNcA04VA

strength and power
01-30-2009, 11:03 PM
You looked a little soft at the start. By soft I mean you didn't look fully locked out in your knees, a little hard to tell as you were in sweatpants, I'd definitely try to squat in shorts in the future. The forward lean was there but not terrible, try to pull you elbows under the bar more, this will help keep your chest up. You plopped a bit on the bench, and lost tightness once on the bench. Focus on being like a spring. As you go down, you are compressing that spring, use that stored energy to blow the weight up. Getting loose, you lose all that energy. Depth wasn't quite down as far as I'd like to see but it wasn't obscene, It's hard in a commercial gym as you are limited to what you can box squat on, few com. gyms will let you bring in your own box. You did about 1.25 squats as you had quite a bit to go to clear the pins, not much you can do in a commercial gym with that. All that being said, the weight moved well, some minor tweaks should show some huge gains. Good Job
S & P