PDA

View Full Version : 80's BB'ng

Pale Rider
12-14-2008, 12:38 PM
I came in at the tail end of this generation as a 16 yr old kid lifting at the local YMCA. Loud, spaghetti strap tank tops, baggy pants & Zumma's. Steroids were ultra plentiful. I swear, half the guys walking around the Y were as big as these guys, just without the symmetry & not as lean, but unreal to a 16 yr old kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpKo4tt3eaQ&feature=rec-HM-r2

iron addict
12-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Much better physiques than today's pro's IMO. And yes, steroids were not only ultra available--they were completely legal.

IA

kennya
12-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Haney and Christian were ridiculous-I forget how good those guys looked

Shane_
12-14-2008, 02:35 PM
lee haney is probably the biggest bodybuilder with aesthetics that looks good to me

JDeluca21
12-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Great vid I saw this awhile back. Great physiques too. Strydom was out here a while back at a pool party, looked bigger even at I think 47 if am not mistaken

Papa_Pauly
12-18-2008, 06:37 PM
How many of them even exercise on a regular basis today? Seems many just let everything go after retiring from competition.

Partymonster975
12-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Much better physiques than today's pro's IMO. And yes, steroids were not only ultra available--they were completely legal.

IA

I've always wondered this, why do they look so different?

Is it just how much our current BBer use more steroids? The older guys seem to have more of a V shape and not small but smaller legs, especially with the inner thigh. Did they train that much differently as well? It just doesnt seem to me that the look can change that much by just using more steroid and hormonal drugs.

iron addict
12-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Todays physiques are the result of people with better genetics getting involved and the drug use going up a HUGE amount. And the addition of growth hormone, IGF, insulin, and........many things that are coming to market. NONE of these things were used in any amount (GH was just starting to become available but was WAY out of price range) in the 80's.

IA