PDA

View Full Version : Red lighted Deadlift question

StephenBell
10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uipBz_zc4Xc

What did I do wrong on this? It was my third attempt, 440 pounds.

F-Mac
10-28-2008, 06:54 PM
looks like you might have hitched it a bit at the top......other than that it looked good.

Joe
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
You hitched the last 1/4 inch. That sucks!

StephenBell
10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Yea I hit an easy 455 a month earlier, but I had really bad sinusitis and pharingitis?, and lost 6 pounds the 5 days before the meet. It absolutely killed me.

iron addict
10-28-2008, 09:41 PM
That was really a bad call IMO.

IA

president_fad
10-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I didnt see anything wrong, looks like u got fuxored.

StephenBell
10-29-2008, 06:51 AM
Man that makes me feel a lot less crazy. I went nuts watching it over and over and still thinking it looked OK.

Rafter
10-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Kinda hard to tell from the front but are your legs locking out. It looks like there is still a slight bend in your knees.... Not real sure other than that.

-Watched your other vids... You need to work on pushing out with your knees on your squats. Your knees shouldnt buckle in like they are.

F-Mac
10-29-2008, 10:31 AM
When you lowered the weight at the end it gave the appearance that you were resting the bar on your thighs at the top.

The call was a stretch for sure. I've seen much worse pass.

Kabuki
10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
If you don't know the reason you need to politely ask the judges. I've never had an experience where they have not been more than willing to let you know the reason.

you shouldn't leave a meet not knowing what you got red lighted for. Most times you know without having to ask...but those time you don't make sure to ask. Do not do this in a confrontational manner.

my youtube judging says its a good lift.

Joe
10-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Kinda hard to tell from the front but are your legs locking out. It looks like there is still a slight bend in your knees.... Not real sure other than that.

-Watched your other vids... You need to work on pushing out with your knees on your squats. Your knees shouldnt buckle in like they are.

They could've called that too. At the end your knees unlocked. I do agree with everyone else that it should've been passed and much worse lifts have been passed. It's not a big deal though you'll get some calls you'll lose on some calls.

StephenBell
10-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Yea it was my first meet so I was just trying to learn as much as I can. I already realize about 5 stupid errors I made either while lifting or while picking attempts.

Matt76
10-29-2008, 06:49 PM
i've seen thousands of comp lifts and that was a bad call

just know you did it b/c that's all that matters

strength and power
11-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Without knowing the rules of the fed you were lifting in, it is a little hard to say. I didn't see any downward movement of the bar, doesn't look like you were supporting the weight with your quads but a side angle would tell you that pretty quickly. were they giving DOWN commands? That is typically a verbal cue with a physical movement( sweeping of the arm down by the head judge).