PDA

View Full Version : halfway 315lb. row?

David1991
09-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Can someone give me a link to this thread? i searched on here and google and couldn't find it but he was doing something insane weight with DB row.

Thanks

iron addict
09-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Try his training log.

IA

dbcb314
09-21-2008, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGa-MLapI80

310x7

just subscribe to peoples youtube its the easiest way

David1991
09-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Try his training log.

IA

i started there but its 53 pages lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGa-MLapI80

310x7

just subscribe to peoples youtube its the easiest way

i didn't know his name on youtube.

thanks for that

CaptainKimura
09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Halfway have you ever tried pinning someone down with your knee in their back and seeing if you can just rip a handful of skin out of their back? You should give it a shot! :)

needmassquick
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
I do not understand the point of lifting like that. It is extremely impressive and i doubt I'll ever be able to do it, but wouldn't it be better to use a lighter weight and do real reps? I don't mean not using any body english but in the video it looks like he's just thrusting his back up and rowing maybe 2 inches with the momentum he got. I just don't understand the point is all.

iron addict
09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Try it sometime. The neural gains doing lifting like that can be impressive. Guess what happens when you can move that kind of weight? You can use slow reps with WAY more than you could had you always worked slow.

Both methods work and have their use.

IA

Kuzin Tarell
09-22-2008, 08:37 PM
The most impressive part of that lift is he did it with that Colbie Caillat - Bubbly song playing in the backround.

David1991
09-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Try it sometime. The neural gains doing lifting like that can be impressive. Guess what happens when you can move that kind of weight? You can use slow reps with WAY more than you could had you always worked slow.

Both methods work and have their use.

IA

Well i don't mean so much the fact that he's going fast, i could definitely see benefits to that, i meant that it doesn't seem like his "rowing muscles" are doing much of the work and that he's really only moving it a few inches. I guess the same applies?

Sand Blaster
09-22-2008, 08:45 PM
I do not understand the point of lifting like that. It is extremely impressive and i doubt I'll ever be able to do it, but wouldn't it be better to use a lighter weight and do real reps? I don't mean not using any body english but in the video it looks like he's just thrusting his back up and rowing maybe 2 inches with the momentum he got. I just don't understand the point is all.

LOL...those are real reps with that kind of weight. The point is overload. Ever see
Coleman do 500+ barbell rows?

There is a time and a place for it. If you consistently train "tight" and NEVER push it, you will NEVER be bigger and stronger.

In all seriousness, you have no idea what it takes to do something like that, even to support the weight. The changes that come from that alone are worth doing it.

SB

dbcb314
09-22-2008, 09:05 PM
There is always one...

iron addict
09-22-2008, 09:10 PM
The funniest part is all the guys saying what a waste this is would likely to be EXTREMELY hard pressed to do a super sloppy barbell row with both hands:D

IA

Halfway
09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Well i don't mean so much the fact that he's going fast, i could definitely see benefits to that, i meant that it doesn't seem like his "rowing muscles" are doing much of the work and that he's really only moving it a few inches. I guess the same applies?

You just need the one account to post.

Those kind of rows don't even pretend to be strict.. they're deadlift subsitutes and done on days when I don't pull. The idea is actually to work the whole back without (hopefully) cheating too much. The big plates restrict the ROM and the weight/size of the db makes it physically impossible to pull back to the hip, so I hit my gut instead.

For hypertrophy I use a much lighter weight with a longer ROM, pulling up to the hip and using no twist or drive. But those don't look as cool :p

After slamming up a 250+ DB for reps, you can take a 140 and do some high rep work and have it feel like a feather.

I only go that heavy once every few months especially after talking to SB about the increased risk us elderly lifters face for bicep tears when pulling heavy/sloppy