PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift From - Again

wheykrayz
08-06-2008, 07:04 PM
So here it is...I know my form is still off. Hopfefully you can disect for me Wes.

Second set, 395 x 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gd7XgnKXvw

Third set, 440 x3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hofYBTxEE8Y

Joe
08-06-2008, 07:10 PM
on that 440 x 3 looks like you turned it into a SLDL. remember pull it up 6 inches then the rest is pulling back and pulling your hips thru.

Shane_
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I have the same tendency to turn it into a sldl, is this a sign of weakness/tightness somewhere or jus bad form?

Joe
08-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I have the same tendency to turn it into a sldl, is this a sign of weakness/tightness somewhere or jus bad form?

i dont know, im the wrong person to ask

wheykrayz
08-06-2008, 07:48 PM

If I know Wes I would guess and say that it's a weakness causing bad form. At least in my case I think it is. Looks like more hammy and glute work for me. :top:

Shane_
08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
whey how close do you stand when you start the lift? I find if i start as close to the bar as I can it helps but still end up throwing my hips up first past 300lbs.

Any tips anyone? Wes? SB?

Rafter
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Looked bad imo. Really focus on leaning back. I have to think to drive with my heals and that helps me stay back.

wheykrayz
08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
whey how close do you stand when you start the lift? I find if i start as close to the bar as I can it helps but still end up throwing my hips up first past 300lbs.

Any tips anyone? Wes? SB?

When I get under the bar, the bar is over the middle of my feet...Roughly, above where my laces tie together. I try to make sure the bar always stays in contact with my legs.

AndrewWard
08-07-2008, 06:08 PM
IMO I would lower the weight a lil, and focus on getting technique down. As said by Skar "remember pull it up 6 inches then the rest is pulling back and pulling your hips thru."

Im guilty of the same thing sometimes... Pretty sure its due to lagging glutes/hams.

dbcb314
08-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I honestly think this is just how some people are built to pull... I don't think every can pull with text book form. I don't think they are built for it.

iron addict
08-07-2008, 07:08 PM
I honestly think this is just how some people are built to pull... I don't think every can pull with text book form. I don't think they are built for it.

That is the truth. But......look at the 390 for 3 and it wasn't bad at all.

IA

dbcb314
08-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I shoulda watched both videos hahahaa

wheykrayz
08-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the replies felllas, it's work in progress.

Last night I was going through my motions, as if I were deadlifting, and I noticed that even with no weight my form starts off wrong. I seem to put more of my weight on the front of my feet instead of my heels. If you notice, at the beginning of my pulls I rock forward a little to begin the movement.

When I try to stay back on my heels, it doesn't feel natural; like I have no power or balance. I think it's b/c of multiple things.

1. My hamstrings and glutes are weak

2. Since I have issues with my hip flexors being extremely tight and painful I find a position that doesn't trigger the pain.

So, I THINK hamstring/glute work will help along with getting rid of this hip flexor problem.

Just my thoughts anyway.