PDA

View Full Version : Box Squat 275x3

shamoo
04-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Much better angle than last time, am trying to get my form down. Seems I still rocking too much...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2Ns5BJwHI

Rafter
04-07-2008, 10:14 AM
To me it seems you are sitting straight down and not back. You should be sitting back more and then driving straight up.

Joe
05-29-2008, 05:32 PM
From what I know now, sit back just a tad more and push the knees out.

Nikk
05-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Watch this vid for good tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyGIeV5R61Q

Rafter
05-30-2008, 10:37 AM
From what I know now, sit back just a tad more and push the knees out.

Thats the first think that I was told when I went to WS to get my form fixed. I was sitting down and not back. It makes a big difference. And by sitting back, its almost as if you fall back onto the box, not sit down and slide back. Also, your shins will be | not \ .

There was another guy on here asking about his squats a while back.... he was squatting on a cooler i believe. He needed to sit back as well.

Joe
05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Thats the first think that I was told when I went to WS to get my form fixed. I was sitting down and not back. It makes a big difference. And by sitting back, its almost as if you fall back onto the box, not sit down and slide back. Also, your shins will be | not \ .

There was another guy on here asking about his squats a while back.... he was squatting on a cooler i believe. He needed to sit back as well.

Thats what Westside told me as well...and that I wasn't rolling my hips very well either

Rafter
05-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Thats what Westside told me as well...and that I wasn't rolling my hips very well either

What do you mean by rolling? Rolling when your hips break?

Nikk
05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I actually have a clip on my PC somewhere from one of WS seminars where Louie thoroughly explains the box squat and there is a demo on how to do it from all the sides. I can try to find it and upload it if you guys want.

Joe
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
What do you mean by rolling? Rolling when your hips break?

when i was on the box I didn't "roll my hips back"

Rafter
05-30-2008, 11:26 AM
when i was on the box I didn't "roll my hips back"

Ok, makes sence now.