PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Big Bach Squatting Accident

Lumber
03-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Not sure if some of you have already seen this. I did a search to see if anyone had posted it before and I didn't find anything. Watch the left leg, it makes me cringe every single time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otqbG5CbZ7E&feature=related

On a side note, I was wondering if anyone knew what the deal is with the work boots that he is wearing? Most people on the board here recommend chucks and flat sole shoes. After seeing two guys in the gym I goto and now this guy wearing work boots I am wondering if there is something to be learned. Do you guys know anything about this?

aczech
03-04-2008, 09:11 AM
ouch

zengland
03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
That is scary stuff.

F-Mac
03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
A lot of guys like work boots or combat boots for squatting as they are quite rigid and have a lot of ankle support.

I tried squatting in work boots and it didn't do much for me. I wasn't a fan of how much they pitched me forward due to the thicker heels.

Lumber
03-04-2008, 02:20 PM
A lot of guys like work boots or combat boots for squatting as they are quite rigid and have a lot of ankle support.

I tried squatting in work boots and it didn't do much for me. I wasn't a fan of how much they pitched me forward due to the thicker heels.

Thanks for responding mac, that answered my question :wiggle:

Halfway
03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I remember that fellas log from the Sniff, horrible thing to happen to a man.

Boots feel awkward as shit to me.. chucks or something like new balance if you want more ankle flexibility without a heel

shagnscoob
03-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Wow I feel like a lot of injuries are preventable. But that just looked like... I dunno, like it wasn't his fault at all. Did he do something wrong that caused that to happen?

Wil
03-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I seen some poor guy breaking his leg on the leg press, Shin bone was poping out of the skin, He felt he didn't need the spotting pins in place, guess he was wrong

iron addict
03-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow I feel like a lot of injuries are preventable. But that just looked like... I dunno, like it wasn't his fault at all. Did he do something wrong that caused that to happen?

He just lost balance it looked like. He had about 700 lbs on a fairly whippy bar. You want your squat bar to be stone stable. The bar he was using was not--but that is not uncommon with 7 bills.

IA

Joe
03-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Another thing I believe that can lead to something like that is over use of wraps. That looked like it hurt so bad.

Halfway
03-15-2008, 02:24 AM
A rack might have saved him a trip to the ER, even if he folded his knee the weight would have been caught half way down.

Overuse of equipment period.. without meaning disrespect, he doesn't look like he'd have the legs to squat 700 without the gear so he may not have had the overall strength to do it. Walking back anything over 600 can be almost as tough as actually squatting it and setting up for a widestance with a walkout is a lot harder than a normal stance (hence the monolift)