http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CK_Fsxs7K8

form and depth check, advice appreciated

dbcb314
10-29-2007, 05:32 PM
form and depth look right on the money IMO

may not want to rock back as far but thats really nitpicking

HIThopper
10-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Thats the best form Ive seen on a squat on youtube in along time.Including my own unfortunately !! LOL

Nice work

BTW I really gotta start doin boxes! they look and feel great.

XX
10-31-2007, 09:57 AM
form and depth look right on the money IMO

may not want to rock back as far but thats really nitpicking

Ill second that. good work all in all

maverick_
11-10-2007, 02:02 AM
you break with your hips which is good, but once you start back really try to hold your chest up and keep that arch. do not rock on the box. you need to stay tight on the box. when you hit the box, hold that position with your back arched and your chest up, flex hard off the box dont rock. also force your kneed out harder, you can see they come in off the box.

Sand Blaster
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Some people are taught to rock; others aren't. It is two different lifts to me, rocking and not.

Overall, you look good. As Maverick said, keep your chest up and back arched.

My only real criticism is that you need to learn to set up differently. I teach my guys 3 steps at most. You want to learn to step into your squat stance because the heavier it gets, the more that all of those extra steps are going to tire you out and risk injury. My old training partner Dino P., three steps with 225-800+, free and box squatting. Best thing I ever learned about squatting was the set up.

SB

Kuzin Tarell
11-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I have never saw a set up like that. Why not flip the box to the side where you are actually squatting? Looks odd to me but what ever works.