PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth it?

06-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Amuzing video lol. In the last half of the video, this guy had some extreme difficulty with 315 lbs deadlifting.

He is doing HIT for his back day.

http://media.putfile.com/HITback

If you look at his facial expressions, you KNOW being his size he was extremely embarrased... I sure would be. BTW, I'm not saying size = strength.. But if you saw the beginning video of him proudly strutting into the gym holding his beer kegs under his arms, it makes the video funnier.

After thinking about this, if you watch what he does for legs in the next post, there's NO SQUATTING.. Just some isolation leg extensions and the leg press.

http://media.putfile.com/HITLeg

DAG447
06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
This video was shot 1 day before Mentzer died and Markus had to do EVERY WORKOUT on one day.
I expect you'd also be quite burned out ;)

06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
EVERY WORKOUT on one day.

^^ LOL, oops! What got me was the beginning of each video had which day he did the workout on. Legs starts off with "Day 2"

Angel of Death
06-04-2007, 02:43 PM
This video was shot 1 day before Mentzer died and Markus had to do EVERY WORKOUT on one day.
I expect you'd also be quite burned out ;)
i had no idea about that lol...wow, doing all those workouts from HD2 in 1 day? damn....

Pale Rider
06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
I hate to say it because I really like Mentzer, & have had good results with that very same routine, but that video made Mentzer like like an idiot. Pushing that man like that on the DL's after his form had already broken down 2 reps earlier. They should have planned it out a little better so that he wouldn't have to do in one day what he would normally do over the span of 12.

One thing about Mentzer I never understood, why, with those fabulous genetics, would he let himself go the way he did? I could understand it if he had just left the bodybuilding world all together, but he worked in a gym setting everyday for God's sake. I know he had health issues late in life, but I think he let himself go way before that.

Whatever the case, God rest his soul.

dbcb314
06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
had to be the dumbest shit I have ever seen

Thoraby
07-04-2007, 10:27 AM
I hate to say it because I really like Mentzer, & have had good results with that very same routine, but that video made Mentzer like like an idiot. Pushing that man like that on the DL's after his form had already broken down 2 reps earlier. They should have planned it out a little better so that he wouldn't have to do in one day what he would normally do over the span of 12.

One thing about Mentzer I never understood, why, with those fabulous genetics, would he let himself go the way he did? I could understand it if he had just left the bodybuilding world all together, but he worked in a gym setting everyday for God's sake. I know he had health issues late in life, but I think he let himself go way before that.

Whatever the case, God rest his soul.
According to wikipedia he also suffered mental problems and had drug problems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mentzer

Dylan5000
09-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I had heard that Mentzer had an amphetamine addiction as well as serious mental problems - his body was pretty trashed during the later years of his life.

Joe
09-08-2007, 01:00 PM
HIT is SHIT

Angel of Death
09-08-2007, 02:02 PM
HIT is SHIT
well said